State tournament update thread - Thursday

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State tournament update thread - Thursday

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

I hope Delorme can play, but it didn't look too good.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Final Stats

FG%:
FW-M 35.8% (19-53)
Rugby 35.3% (18-51)

3P%:
FW-M 46.2% (6-13)
Rugby 36.4% (4-11)

FT%:
FW-M 60.0% (9-15)
Rugby 50.0% (9-18)

Rebounds
FW-M 39
Rugby 37

Turnovers
FW-M 13
Rugby 14

Top Players

Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Trayvon McKay 22 points & 5 boards
Austin Longie 17 points & 9 boards

Rugby
Kyle Lovcik 16 points
Brad Heidlebaugh 9 points & 13 boards
Kyle Halvorson 12 points
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:I hope Delorme can play, but it didn't look too good.

It looked bad with Delorme4 winds is best team in winners bracket.. Without Delormethey still are most talented team IMO.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 pm

I don't think this tournament features the most talent overall from the teams but I don't think you could ask for a much better day of basketball than we had today. I actually thought this was going to be a relatively uninteresting state tournament. I can say that I was wrong in a big way.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

cubsfan wrote:I don't think this tournament features the most talent overall from the teams but I don't think you could ask for a much better day of basketball than we had today. I actually thought this was going to be a relatively uninteresting state tournament. I can say that I was wrong in a big way.

The matchups were perfect for today. I think we're gonna see the blowouts tomorrow. Trinity is a big favorite over Shiloh, Rugby is a 10 point favorite for Cavalier in my opinion. Lamoure and Milnor should be within single digits. Four Winds will run Trenton off the court I believe.

I think Rugby was the only team that could handle Four Wind's athleticism, besides Trinity. Trinity's size could have slowed down Four Winds into a half court game. I think everyone else Four Winds will turn them over and they won't be able to match the athleticism at all 5 spots.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 am

Rugby did a pretty good job of making Four Winds play in the half court. I felt they didn't execute great though. They didn't have a good shooting game at all. They needed a post touch for Heidlbaugh every trip, as Four Winds didn't have anyone in the paint to matchup with his size and skillset. Hamilton had his worst game of the season, Michaels only made one or two and he's usually a sniper. Halvorson did step up though. He hit two threes in the 3rd, as many as he made all year. Lovcik usually is a better free throw shooter too. Free throws are what did them in. They shot 50%, and they're usually a good free throw shooting team. Their sound defense kept them in the game though.

I know Four Winds must have had some guys struggle who are normally good too, I'm just breaking down Rugby since I'm familar with them.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Xfactor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 am

east sider wrote:My observations from the first 2 games...
Volk and Bussman are a couple of really nice players that I think have good potential at the next level. Bussman should be an early favorite for Mr. BB from Class B. Wyatt Mund, not sure if he plays football but he should he's got the height, build, and speed to play at the next level. Olson is crazy athletic for a sophomore, if his skill catches up with his athleticism scary to think how dominant he might be in the next 2 years

Both games were fun to watch, but its time for an upgrade KVLY (480p, we meet again)

All the teams have played well thus far, hats off to all the kids and coaches

Are you serious? Bussman probably isn't even a first team all-stater. Mr. Basketball is obviously between Hagler and Jacobson.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

Xfactor wrote:
Volk and Bussman are a couple of really nice players that I think have good potential at the next level. Bussman should be an early favorite for Mr. BB from Class B. Wyatt Mund, not sure if he plays football but he should he's got the height, build, and speed to play at the next level. Olson is crazy athletic for a sophomore, if his skill catches up with his athleticism scary to think how dominant he might be in the next 2 years

Both games were fun to watch, but its time for an upgrade KVLY (480p, we meet again)

Are you serious? Bussman probably isn't even a first team all-stater. Mr. Basketball is obviously between Hagler and Jacobson.

He means early favorite for next year. Bussman and W. Mund are Juniors for Milnor (They only have one senior on their roster).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Xfactor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Xfactor wrote:

He means early favorite for next year. Bussman and W. Mund are Juniors for Milnor (They only have one senior on their roster).

Good call. I still don't see him as Mr. BB candidate next year, but both players should put up big numbers next year, and I'm excited to see how they perform the rest of the tournament.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:39 am

my 2 cents on yesterdays action...haven't had a day 1 like that at the B in a while

Was able to catch the replay of the charge off TV table...looked like it was "correct", IMHO should have been a "no call".

When you look at a combined point diff of 13 for all 4 games, I looked for something that stood out. FT% stood out to me over all games...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

justplayalready wrote:Was able to catch the replay of the charge off TV table...looked like it was "correct", IMHO should have been a "no call".

Do agree with that, but at the same time, that official has to make a call on his first instinct and gut reaction. Either way people are going to disagree with it.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 am

After watching all 4 games, I was most impressed with Lamoure and they are my favorite to win it all over FW-M. FWM and Trenton game tonight should be interesting with both teams getting up and down the floor quickly. FWM will just be too much for Trenton, though. I wouldn't be surprised with a 90-75 final score.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison.Fan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm

It's really going to hurt Four Winds to have Delorme out. He's the one that ate North Star up. Super rebounder and tough 15 feet and in. They don't have anybody to take his place.
Bison.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison football73 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Anyone else think this ticket set up is stupid?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys