All-State players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: All-State players

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 pm

The Schwab wrote:I would say if we were honestly picking the top 15 players in the state for the all state team, that 4 of them for sure would be from region 7 and maybe another one.

IMO: Zacher, Volk, Carr, Zentner and the fifth would maybe be Kristy, just my opinion.

You wouldn't have Hagler on the first team? I think he will be on it for sure.
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 pm

ND-is-#1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I would say if we were honestly picking the top 15 players in the state for the all state team, that 4 of them for sure would be from region 7 and maybe another one.

IMO: Zacher, Volk, Carr, Zentner and the fifth would maybe be Kristy, just my opinion.

They didn't say anything about all of those players being on the 1ST Team...they just said on either team.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ND-is-#1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ND-is-#1 wrote:

They didn't say anything about all of those players being on the 1ST Team...they just said on either team.

Oh your right.. read it wrong. I agree with this then
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

If Region 2 were to get a all state player this year who would it be?? My guess would be Ryan Chrest? Thoughts?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby North Central » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Tradish4life wrote:I THINK AUSTIN LONGIE AND COLLIN DELORME BOTH MAKE ALL STATE GOOD NUMBERS AND BOTH EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS BOTH WILL BE PLAYING IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT THIS YEAR...WATCH THEM AND THAN YOU CAN DECIDE...JUST A THOUGHT...

I agree with Delorme, he showed more class and sportsmanship than anyone I've seen in a very long time. Great athlete and true player of the game, his play throughout regions really showed how a true and whole hearted of a player this kid is!
North Central
NDPreps Rookie

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 am

ndfan wrote:If Region 2 were to get a all state player this year who would it be?? My guess would be Ryan Chrest? Thoughts?

Region 2 does not have any all state caliber players this year. I have never seen region 2 like this before. Grafton who most would say is comparable with Cavalier, split the season series 2-2 with Cavalier lost late in the year to Central Cass (who finished 4th in the region) by 28 and early in the year were destroyed by 4winds/M. Hillsboro/CV won district 3 with an 8-11 record. Griggs County had a good record overall, but did not have an impressive win on the year and took 6th place in the Barnes County tournament. Tough year for region 2. That being said, I think they have a good draw at the state tourney, and have a good chance of staying in the evening bracket.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 am

d_fense wrote:
ndfan wrote:If Region 2 were to get a all state player this year who would it be?? My guess would be Ryan Chrest? Thoughts?

Region 2 does not have any all state caliber players this year. I have never seen region 2 like this before. Grafton who most would say is comparable with Cavalier, split the season series 2-2 with Cavalier lost late in the year to Central Cass (who finished 4th in the region) by 28 and early in the year were destroyed by 4winds/M. Hillsboro/CV won district 3 with an 8-11 record. Griggs County had a good record overall, but did not have an impressive win on the year and took 6th place in the Barnes County tournament. Tough year for region 2. That being said, I think they have a good draw at the state tourney, and have a good chance of staying in the evening bracket.

Just bc you don't have a great record or region doesn't mean much when it comes to all state recognition.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:55 am

packers21 wrote:
d_fense wrote:

Just bc you don't have a great record or region doesn't mean much when it comes to all state recognition.

That is true packers21...but Chrest (Cavalier) or Wathne (GCC) are the only All-State Caliber players in Region 2...but both are a stretch.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
d_fense wrote:

That is true packers21...but Chrest (Cavalier) or Wathne (GCC) are the only All-State Caliber players in Region 2...but both are a stretch.

I think Chrest could be second team, Prolly won't happen but I think it should.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

possible list:

Jacob Hagler, North Star
Jordan Haseleu, Maple Valley
Jacob Volk, Dickinson Trinity
Trevor Zacher, Beulah
Adam Peltier, Turtle Lake-M-M
Stetson Carr, Hazen
Tanner Holte, Des Lacs-Burlington
Ellery Bresnahan, Central Cass
Houston Lavachek, Glenburn
Briton Bussman, Milnor

Daniel Grande, North Star
Jeff Illies, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Other possible additions:
Donovan Lambert, Shiloh Christian
Jade Bentz, Trenton
Taylor Zentner, Mott-Regent
Ryan Chrest, Cavalier
Kris Wathne, Griggs County Central
Austin Longie, Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Kyle Lovcik, Rugby
Tyler Christianson, Oak Grove
Michael Jacobson, South Border (injury could keep him off list though)
Jared Meiklejohn, LaMoure-LM
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

packers21 wrote:
d_fense wrote:

I never said it did. Wathne was region senior athlete of the year. More years than not, he would struggle to be a top four player in the district 3. I saw him play twice in person this year. I did not see Cavalier this year, but have spoken with many who I trust that have watched them multiple times. I love region 2 ball, but it has been a very rare bad year for the boys.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby chargers » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Why isn't Jesse Hettich - Beulah getting any respect? IMO he was nearly as good as Zacher offensively and better then Zacher on the defensive side of the ball. He was also he was also the calmed, coolest, and collected leader on the team at all times. Just my opinion
chargers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ambition13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:possible list:

Jacob Hagler, North Star
Jordan Haseleu, Maple Valley
Jacob Volk, Dickinson Trinity
Trevor Zacher, Beulah
Adam Peltier, Turtle Lake-M-M
Stetson Carr, Hazen
Tanner Holte, Des Lacs-Burlington
Ellery Bresnahan, Central Cass
Houston Lavachek, Glenburn
Briton Bussman, Milnor

Daniel Grande, North Star
Jeff Illies, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Other possible additions:
Donovan Lambert, Shiloh Christian
Jade Bentz, Trenton
Taylor Zentner, Mott-Regent
Ryan Chrest, Cavalier
Kris Wathne, Griggs County Central
Austin Longie, Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Kyle Lovcik, Rugby
Tyler Christianson, Oak Grove
Michael Jacobson, South Border (injury could keep him off list though)
Jared Meiklejohn, LaMoure-LM

Do you have any stats for these guys? Looks like a pretty solid list!
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
ambition13
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ramsfan8 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Weston scored 0 points in the regional final vs FW

Weston is clearly the best up and coming kid. Look for him to tear it up next year.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm

chargers wrote:Why isn't Jesse Hettich - Beulah getting any respect? IMO he was nearly as good as Zacher offensively and better then Zacher on the defensive side of the ball. He was also he was also the calmed, coolest, and collected leader on the team at all times. Just my opinion

Not close to Zacher offensively. He can't shoot at all. Great slasher and rebounds hard but I wouldn't say he has a very polished offensive game. He's a great player that you'd want on your team for his defense, rebounding, and slashing, but he's probably not an all state type of player.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ambition13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 am

Looking at Run's list of stats I think a person could make a case for Wyatt Mund from Milnor. 17ppg, 9.6rpg 4.6apg 1 block 1 steal a game is no joke. Just a thought
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
ambition13
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:51 am

ambition13 wrote:Looking at Run's list of stats I think a person could make a case for Wyatt Mund from Milnor. 17ppg, 9.6rpg 4.6apg 1 block 1 steal a game is no joke. Just a thought

I would agree. Additionally, Adam White from Ellendale has similar numbers, 17ppg, 9.6 rpg, 3 bpg, 1spg, 1 apg. He could be in the 2nd team conversation as well.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:57 am

Indy5 wrote:
chargers wrote:Why isn't Jesse Hettich - Beulah getting any respect? IMO he was nearly as good as Zacher offensively and better then Zacher on the defensive side of the ball. He was also he was also the calmed, coolest, and collected leader on the team at all times. Just my opinion

Not close to Zacher offensively. He can't shoot at all. Great slasher and rebounds hard but I wouldn't say he has a very polished offensive game. He's a great player that you'd want on your team for his defense, rebounding, and slashing, but he's probably not an all state type of player.

Hettich has 1000 points and in my opinion is very close to being better than Zacher. Hettich is better defensively and I think can get to the rim a lot better than Zacher. The only place Zacher is better is jump shooting and three pointers. He should be on second team in my opinion.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 am

How about that Bentz kid from Trenton. 17.6ppg, 13 rpg, 4 apg. Pretty impressive stat line.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:43 pm

It seems clear that Jared Meiklejon, Anthony Olson, Brady Thielges, Wyatt Mund and Briton Bussman are all deserving of consideration for All State. All of these players impact the game greatly on both ends. The south eastern-central portion of the state obviously has great players too. It is nice to see them get some exposure. Oh and by the way, each one of these are fine young men.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:22 pm

bison football73 wrote:Hettich has 1000 points and in my opinion is very close to being better than Zacher. Hettich is better defensively and I think can get to the rim a lot better than Zacher. The only place Zacher is better is jump shooting and three pointers. He should be on second team in my opinion.

He goes to the hoop more recklessly than Zacher, wouldn't say he goes to the hoop better though. I think Zacher helps the team run more, and Hettich doesn't do much to setup the whole offense.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Hettich though, cause I'm not. He's an incredibly solid player in his role, Zacher is just a more well rounded star.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 pm

EHS1998 wrote:It seems clear that Jared Meiklejon, Anthony Olson, Brady Thielges, Wyatt Mund and Briton Bussman are all deserving of consideration for All State. All of these players impact the game greatly on both ends. The south eastern-central portion of the state obviously has great players too. It is nice to see them get some exposure. Oh and by the way, each one of these are fine young men.

Couldn't agree more! Mund, Bussman, and Olson for sure.. The way Olson can impact a game is insane! He definitely made some of those Trinity players think twice about driving to the lane!
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 am

I'm curious why olson didn't have more blocks during the season. I think they said he had 36 heading into the tournament.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vb4life » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 am

Flip wrote:I'm curious why olson didn't have more blocks during the season. I think they said he had 36 heading into the tournament.

My guess is not very good stats. I've seen games where he's had 5 or more quite a few times.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Xfactor wrote:
east sider wrote:My observations from the first 2 games...
Volk and Bussman are a couple of really nice players that I think have good potential at the next level. Bussman should be an early favorite for Mr. BB from Class B. Wyatt Mund, not sure if he plays football but he should he's got the height, build, and speed to play at the next level. Olson is crazy athletic for a sophomore, if his skill catches up with his athleticism scary to think how dominant he might be in the next 2 years

Both games were fun to watch, but its time for an upgrade KVLY (480p, we meet again)

All the teams have played well thus far, hats off to all the kids and coaches

Are you serious? Bussman probably isn't even a first team all-stater. Mr. Basketball is obviously between Hagler and Jacobson.

I think with Bussman's stats and bringing his team to state he has a legit argument for 1st team. I don't see why you wouldn't think he is an early favorite Class B Mr. BB candidate, how many other Jr.'s will be All-State?

And not bashing Hagler in any way (one of the best careers ever), but Jacobson should easily win Mr. BB this year.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys