Region 2 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who Represents Region 2?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Grafton
26%
Cavalier
57%
Hillsboro-CV
5%
Griggs County Central
5%
Drayton-VE
2%
Midway-Minto
No votes
May-Port-CG
2%
Larimore
2%

Total votes : 42

Region 2 Tourney

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Discussions Start Now...Predictions Anyone

G1: D4 #1 Grafton (15-6) vs. D3 #4 Larimore (12-9)
G2: D3 #2 Griggs County Central (16-5) vs. D4 #3 Drayton-Valley-Edinburg (14-8)
G3: D3 #1 Hillsboro-Central Valley (10-11) vs. D4 #4 Midway-Minto (13-9)
G4: D4 #2 Cavalier (16-5) vs. D3 #3 May-Port-CG (12-10)

G5: Winner G1 vs. Winner G2
G6: Winner G3 vs. Winner G4

3rd Place: Loser G5 vs. Loser G6
Championship: Winner G5 vs. Winner G6
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Region 2 Tourney

Postby Jacked » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Ill take Grafton over Larimore
DVE over Griggs in a close one
HCV over Midway Minto (wouldnt be surprised if MM wins this one though)
And Cavalier over May-Port-CG
Jacked
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 am

Grafton by 15
GCC by 5
HCV by 8
Cavalier by 20

Night Two
Grafton by 12
Cavalier by 8

Championship
Cavalier by 2
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

G1: D4 #1 Grafton (15-6) vs. D3 #4 Larimore (12-9)
G2: D3 #2 Griggs County Central (16-5) vs. D4 #3 Drayton-Valley-Edinburg (14-8)
G3: D3 #1 Hillsboro-Central Valley (10-11) vs. D4 #4 Midway-Minto (13-9)
G4: D4 #2 Cavalier (16-5) vs. D3 #3 May-Port-CG (12-10)

G5: Grafton over GCC
G6: Cavalier over HCV

3rd Place: GCC over HCV
Championship: Cavalier over Grafton
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 pm

1. Grafton over larimore
2, DVE over Griggs County
3. Hcv over Minto/midway my gut tells me this should go other way.
4. Cavalier over Mayport

5. Dve over Grafton Dve should beat them in Distric i think this when it will happen
6. Cavalier over Hcv

7. Cavalier over DVE but it will be close game

I hope i didn't jinx anyone.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

1. Grafton over Larimore by 18
2. Griggs over DVE by 7
3. HCV over MM by 15
4. Cavalier over MPCG by 21

Grafton over Griggs by 9
HCV over Cavalier by 1

Grafton over HCV by 11

I feel pretty good about the opening round picks. But with my picking abilities, I've probably got the semis and final all messed up.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Grafton, DVE, HCV, Cavalier
Grafton, Cavalier
Cavalier

I'm not sure why I'm taking Cav over Grafton. The only time Cavalier has beaten Grafton is when Lunde was in Jamaica. But... they were all close games, and I think Cavalier's depth will come into play on night 3. We'll see.

I'm not sure there is any team in any game of this tourney that I would spot 10 points (maybe Cav over MPCG I'd go to 15).
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm concerned about Cory Laxdal and the boys out of the Valley and the Ridge....Markel is going to have something to say.......Graftons new head coach has filled the shoes of Mike H quite well...although his working the refs wont work as well at the Betty....I haven't an idea about District 3.... record wise its GCC but HCV tweaked them pretty good....If QRF (when it comes to Class B Basketball) plays into anything (which I totally have my doubts) Cavalier is King...........I think its time for the reckoning 8)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 am

Grafton, Griggs, HCV, Cavalier
Grafton, Cavalier
Grafton

I think that the H-CV-MIdway-Minto game is going to be the best game of the day. I think the Griggs County-D-VE game is going to be the only other close game of the day. Grafton and Cavalier win by 15+ IMO.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SEC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Little to much love is being given to district 4. It was a better district than district 3 but not by as much as some people think. I think Grafton is the only district 4 team to win a game today.
SEC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

SEC wrote:Little to much love is being given to district 4. It was a better district than district 3 but not by as much as some people think. I think Grafton is the only district 4 team to win a game today.

Well, I really don't agree with your thought here. Sorry, some district 3 and 4 teams have played and I believe that some of them were close. I do realize that HCV was missing two good players, but they struggled in the first half of the season and now are playing pretty good ball. However, District 4 will have a good turnout after tonight. DVE I feel will come out ahead of Griggs tonight, Midway/Minto by 4 over HCV, Cavalier will beat MPCG by 17. So that gives you, Grafton, DVE, MM, and Cavalier in the first round. I can see Griggs and HCV possible getting their games,but really believe district 4 wins out tonight. JMO
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby ratman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 pm

We've got a surprising sloppy ugly close one here with grafton and larimore. Grafton isn't making a thing and it's getting chippy out here.
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 pm

How can they legally play the game without the correct 3-point line?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Grafton 43 Larimore 38 - A LOT closer than expected
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Hinsa wrote:How can they legally play the game without the correct 3-point line?

were the police called?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jacked » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 am

IMO Grafton and cav are the better teams and should be the ones advancing tomorrow. But it wouldn't surprise me if HCV or DVE make it.to the championship game either
Jacked
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packers21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

Flip wrote:
Hinsa wrote:How can they legally play the game without the correct 3-point line?

were the police called?

You have to admit pretty big overlook by UND to forget to add the HS three point line. Still the best place in the state for a regional tournament but that mistake shouldnt happen. This isnt their first go-around.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old#63 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 am

packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:

were the police called?

You have to admit pretty big overlook by UND to forget to add the HS three point line. Still the best place in the state for a regional tournament but that mistake shouldnt happen. This isnt their first go-around.

The Betty is a very nice facility, but I've always felt that Engelstad management looks at hosting the Region 2 basketball tourneys as more of an inconvenience than an opportunity.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:

were the police called?

I agree...They didnt forget any prices at the concessions... :lol:

I saw alot of nerves going on yesterday from coaches all the way down to players...an hellacious amount of turnovers throughout the day....some cool strategies....some thinkin outside the box....and some players showing up big that haven't been.....hence a region 2 tournament.......but like anywhere in the State it all starts tonight....some will have to dig a little deeper in the well and some will have to ward off the wolves....

I will say one thing....I love the shot clock!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 am

LOL ! Winner I agree about the concessions. I saw a lot of people filling water bottles at the water fountain. There definately were nerves, kids feeling out a new atmoshpere, louder, bigger area. Some kids who are always expected to perform well didn't, and others stepped up. District 4 coming out with 3 of the 4 wins for the day. District 3 was in every game, which made them interesting to watch. No big blow outs, and there really shouldn't be at this point of the season. As far as tonight goes, well now is when we see who wants it more, role players stepping up to the challenge, coaches able to make changes and adapt. The grafton vs DVE game I know will bring a full house tonight. DVE having rather large leads in the games previously played, needs to dig down deep and complete the game tonight. I really feel that this is the game where the "big Upset" could be at. Cav vs HCV game will be interesting and hopefully well played! Tornadoes need to get back to playing the ball they can on a regular basis. I am going to pick them. DVE wins tonight by 6! Cavalier wins tonight by 12! JMO Good luck too all! See you at the BETTY!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Flip wrote:

were the police called?

Flip - you have to pay me to be your straight man and feed you lines like that!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

old#63 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Flip wrote:

were the police called?

The Betty is a very nice facility, but I've always felt that Engelstad management looks at hosting the Region 2 basketball tourneys as more of an inconvenience than an opportunity.

Completely agree with this assessment by old63. For the amount of money it brings into GF and the University I would expect better treatment.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

DVE needs to get more out of Jensen than they did yesterday. He can be a difference maker. Still, I think Grafton's D will win the game.
HCV CAN beat Cavalier, but I don't know if they WILL. If Cav comes to play, they win.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Hinsa wrote:DVE needs to get more out of Jensen than they did yesterday. He can be a difference maker. Still, I think Grafton's D will win the game.
HCV CAN beat Cavalier, but I don't know if they WILL. If Cav comes to play, they win.

Jensen will come up big tonight...third time that he will be facing young Droog......this match up wont be the difference it will be the guards and how freshman Larson (DVE) does......Cory Laxdal (coach) will be the difference in this match up....it will come down to his rotation....they have weapons not being utilized IMO I've seen sneak peeks and there some serious shooters that can come of the bench....

with that said Grafton has speed but there run is over.... Region 2 will have a new Crown wearer this year ..................you will see the Uncle and Nephew coaching dual in the Championship game....till next episode...from the WW... 8)

Oh yea gotta get to the game!!!.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm

what happened with the 3 point line, did they just use the college line?

games start at 6 or 630?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys