2013 District Tourneys

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2013 District Tourneys

Postby CC1983 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Looks to me like District 2, 3, 5, and 8 have been postponed until tomorrow.
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm

CC1983 wrote:Looks to me like District 2, 3, 5, and 8 have been postponed until tomorrow.

That would be a good idea! Do not need to be on the road in this weather.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 & 8 have all been postponed to tomorrow due to slick roads and Blizzard conditions!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BB11 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:District 11 all- region team a joke IMO. Wanted to wait until it was in the paper but it must have been so bad they didn't want to put it in the paper. The coaches must want to hide their faces.
1. rugby dominated the distict should of had 4 or 5 on the team, they had two. Only about three/four kids that could play on Rugby's team in the whole district.
2. dunseith the 5 seed had 3 and they did not make it to regionals.
3. the 2 seed had 2, three seed 2, the four seed 1, the six seed 2, the seven seed 2, the eighth seed 1, if the 2-4 seeds can only get 5 kids all together how does dunseith get 3??????
4 Sawyer had two with one win in the district,( beat botno- no wins) everyone else had at least four.

3 seed (Westhope-Newburg) only had 1.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby gominers » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Beulah wins a nailbiter 56-54 over Trinity in District 14. Hazen and Richardton/Taylor both win comfortably.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby DBA » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:15 am

I believe Hettich logged his 1000th pt tonight. Heart River wins a close one against Mott-Regent for the other #1 seed in Region 7.
DBA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

BB11 wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:District 11 all- region team a joke IMO. Wanted to wait until it was in the paper but it must have been so bad they didn't want to put it in the paper. The coaches must want to hide their faces.
1. rugby dominated the distict should of had 4 or 5 on the team, they had two. Only about three/four kids that could play on Rugby's team in the whole district.
2. dunseith the 5 seed had 3 and they did not make it to regionals.
3. the 2 seed had 2, three seed 2, the four seed 1, the six seed 2, the seven seed 2, the eighth seed 1, if the 2-4 seeds can only get 5 kids all together how does dunseith get 3??????
4 Sawyer had two with one win in the district,( beat botno- no wins) everyone else had at least four.

3 seed (Westhope-Newburg) only had 1.

Sorry missed that one. Still how does this work?? Rugby still should have more and two through six should have the same.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 pm

It's all really a moot point though because it's voted on by the coaches of all the teams. It's not the media being biased or anything. Guess the only problem that might occur is if a group of coaches confided to hold certain players of certain teams off.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby uspsrt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 pm

I saw most of the District 11 tournement and I was surprised at how easily the Rugby team handled the teams that they played against in this tournament. They had a much tougher time during the regular season against some of these same teams. At the awards ceremony following the championship game when the All District team was announced, I noticed that the administrator who presented the selections emphasized that this was a vote of coaches and was based on district season play not the District Tournament. I'm sure he did this to make sure that folks knew that this was not an all tournament team.
uspsrt
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vb4life » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm

All-district teams are voted on by the coaches, but the coaches vote on whomever is nominated. Maybe Rugby's coach only nominated 2 players, which I find hard to believe but anything could happen. I'm not from that area but maybe he thought there were some attitudes, etc. So when coaches are voting they vote for the 10-12 (or more) names that were given. Typically district coaches vote by seed, meaning the top 2 seeds would receive the most players, but if these coaches didn't nominate their players then its hard to put them on the team. Typically a coach nominates kids by order of importance to their team:
in example
1. Joe
2. Scott
3. Tyler
Can't blame the other coaches if so and so wasn't nominated by that team's coach. Do you know what I mean?!?!
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby CC1983 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 pm

NorthStar over St. John 82-45
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Postby MNTwinsFan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 am

DBA wrote:I believe Hettich logged his 1000th pt tonight. Heart River wins a close one against Mott-Regent for the other #1 seed in Region 7.

Congrats to him! I believe at the District 2 Tourney that Haseleu recorded his 1500th and Thomas Lingren recorded his 1000th as well.
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBSportsFan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:37 am

MNTwinsFan wrote:
DBA wrote:I believe Hettich logged his 1000th pt tonight. Heart River wins a close one against Mott-Regent for the other #1 seed in Region 7.

Congrats to him! I believe at the District 2 Tourney that Haseleu recorded his 1500th and Thomas Lingren recorded his 1000th as well.

Congrats to all on these great achievements! In District 1 - Jeff Illies became the all time point-leader for Wyndmere, he had surpassed the Lidgerwood number last year.
BBSportsFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

vb4life wrote:All-district teams are voted on by the coaches, but the coaches vote on whomever is nominated. Maybe Rugby's coach only nominated 2 players, which I find hard to believe but anything could happen. I'm not from that area but maybe he thought there were some attitudes, etc. So when coaches are voting they vote for the 10-12 (or more) names that were given. Typically district coaches vote by seed, meaning the top 2 seeds would receive the most players, but if these coaches didn't nominate their players then its hard to put them on the team. Typically a coach nominates kids by order of importance to their team:
in example
1. Joe
2. Scott
3. Tyler
Can't blame the other coaches if so and so wasn't nominated by that team's coach. Do you know what I mean?!?!

Each coach can nominate 4, but you can not vote for anyone on your team. Do you really think that the rugby coach only put up two and Westhope and velva one?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby vb4life » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Stranger things have happened.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm

vb4life wrote:Stranger things have happened.

ya, right. Great argument to the point I was making. It was a joke. Thank you.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby vb4life » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I was not trying to make it as a joke. You and I don't know the circumstances behind what the coaches' thoughts were. I know there are a lot and I mean A LOT of politics in these awards and there are good players that get snubbed every year. Maybe these said kids have attitudes, bad sportsmanship, etc. I'm not from around that area so I really can't tell you if that is true and I hope its not.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm

vb4life wrote:I was not trying to make it as a joke. You and I don't know the circumstances behind what the coaches' thoughts were. I know there are a lot and I mean A LOT of politics in these awards and there are good players that get snubbed every year. Maybe these said kids have attitudes, bad sportsmanship, etc. I'm not from around that area so I really can't tell you if that is true and I hope its not.

And what are the odds that Rugby only summitted two and both Westhope and Velva one each, very low.Just think does this seem right to you. Take a good look at the all-district site.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
vb4life wrote:I was not trying to make it as a joke. You and I don't know the circumstances behind what the coaches' thoughts were. I know there are a lot and I mean A LOT of politics in these awards and there are good players that get snubbed every year. Maybe these said kids have attitudes, bad sportsmanship, etc. I'm not from around that area so I really can't tell you if that is true and I hope its not.

And what are the odds that Rugby only summitted two and both Westhope and Velva one each, very low.Just think does this seem right to you. Take a good look at the all-district site.

I agree there were definite snubs. I don't think the kid that made it from Velva should have. I think it should of been Peterson. Hancock should have made it. Sawyer probably did deserve the two they had. I think you could make a strong case for Rugby getting 4, but I can also see them only getting two as well.

What some people need to remember is, just because a team is worse, doesn't mean they have less all district caliber players. Sometimes they'll have 3 all district players and the rest of the team is garbage so they're in the middle of the pack in the district.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys