Strength of Region (toughest road to state)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Strength of Region (toughest road to state)

Postby 4thegame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 pm

and then we brought the 8 regions together to settle this debate on the floor and what have we seen?
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND-is-#1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 pm

4thegame wrote:and then we brought the 8 regions together to settle this debate on the floor and what have we seen?

We are talking about the toughest road to state, not the best team.. Even if Lamoure beat Trinity that doesn't mean they had the toughest road to state. I would say Trinity definitely had a tougher road to state. But that doesn't mean the are better than Lamoure! Give Lamoure a lot of credit!!
ND-is-#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4thegame » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:07 pm

how then can u measure a regions strength if not by the final team remaining? We cannot measure a regions "quality" by opinion can we?
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:11 pm

4thegame wrote:how then can u measure a regions strength if not by the final team remaining?

lol...do you not see anything wrong with this measurement? It's like saying the Eastern Conference was stronger than the Western Conference because the Heat won the title or the NL was better than the AL because the Giants won the World Series.

We cannot measure a regions "quality" by opinion can we?

yes, yes you can
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

4thegame wrote:how then can u measure a regions strength if not by the final team remaining? We cannot measure a regions "quality" by opinion can we?

Yes we can
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4thegame » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 pm

ok i would like to hear what your measuring stick would be to give us the true answer to this post. Since u brought up the miami heat arguement i will have to ask u then how many teams from the east beat miami in the playoff series? To put it another way, wouldnt the champion have been the hardest competition found in a given conference. Making that team the "hardest road."
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby east sider » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Your logic is...interesting?

The champion doesn't necessarily have the hardest road. It's simply whoever plays the most against the highest competition. Region 7 seems to be the consensus, but one could make a good case for Region 4 or even Region 1. With R7 losing in the 1st round I think it does make a better case for R4.

Edit: after looking at the Regional results, without question it looks like DT had the toughest road.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:01 pm

4thegame wrote:ok i would like to hear what your measuring stick would be to give us the true answer to this post. Since u brought up the miami heat arguement i will have to ask u then how many teams from the east beat miami in the playoff series? To put it another way, wouldnt the champion have been the hardest competition found in a given conference. Making that team the "hardest road."

I'm not smart enough to figure out what you're asking.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Top regions (in this order) IMO

Region 7
Region 4
Region 1

Region 6
Region 3

Region 2

Region 8
Region 5
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:57 pm

4thegame wrote:ok i would like to hear what your measuring stick would be to give us the true answer to this post. Since u brought up the miami heat arguement i will have to ask u then how many teams from the east beat miami in the playoff series? To put it another way, wouldnt the champion have been the hardest competition found in a given conference. Making that team the "hardest road."

We're talking about the toughest road for the champ, not the other teams. Another way to put it would be the deepest region. In the Trinity-Lamoure example, Trinity had to go through #1 Beulah as well as other region 7 teams that are good. Lamoure didn't really beat top competition. South Border was tougher at the end of the year, but still, they were a 4 seed (maybe a 3? I can't remember and don't feel like looking). It's like saying who would win if you matchup everyones champs against each other and everyone's second best teams against each other, and so on.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys