Strength of Region (toughest road to state)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Strength of Region (toughest road to state)

Postby HONKER » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:47 am

Indy5 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:There's nothing bad against 9man state champs. Would you rather be a champion in a class of 38 teams or one in a class of 14 or 16?

I'd rather win a state title in a class that plays real football, not this backyard nonsense. They might as well play by arena rules.

Pretty bold statement from a moderator. It's not about you it's about the kids!
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:25 am

HONKER wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:There's nothing bad against 9man state champs. Would you rather be a champion in a class of 38 teams or one in a class of 14 or 16?

I'd rather win a state title in a class that plays real football, not this backyard nonsense. They might as well play by arena rules.

I've read the last couple indy5 posts in 1 thread he's calling ppl idiots and over on this thread is posting this junk. Good job moderators, keeping the site classy.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:53 pm

packers21 wrote:
HONKER wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I've read the last couple indy5 posts in 1 thread he's calling ppl idiots and over on this thread is posting this junk. Good job moderators, keeping the site classy.

I called people idiots who think private schools limit enrollments because they are. And 9 man football is a way different game than 11 man. For god's sake theres only 3 lineman. How do you draw true blocking schemes with that? I'll admit the only time I watch 9 man is in the state title but I havent seen many true passing schemes either. Seems like a lot of scrambling around and just getting open. Especially in the North Star-Napolean title game.

And yes I'm sorry that I exaggerated on the first post. That was more of a sarcastic joke.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:29 pm

There are 5 linemen in 9 man. Only difference is there is no tackle position.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HONKER » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 pm

One more thing for you Indy. Go ask any kid if they wanted to play 9 man football or not at all, and you'll get your answer. Whether you like to watch it or not.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Heck, I played 8-man football, and my dad played 6-man! As I recall, I played on a full size field but my dad played on a 40x80.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Isn't this a boys basketball topic?? Lets try to get back on topic plz
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 am

Indy5 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
HONKER wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I called people idiots who think private schools limit enrollments because they are. And 9 man football is a way different game than 11 man. For god's sake theres only 3 lineman. How do you draw true blocking schemes with that? I'll admit the only time I watch 9 man is in the state title but I havent seen many true passing schemes either. Seems like a lot of scrambling around and just getting open. Especially in the North Star-Napolean title game.

And yes I'm sorry that I exaggerated on the first post. That was more of a sarcastic joke.

You dont think I knew that?? your the idiot who cant read right......I said that if the enrollment limit was to go up for all class B schools well then the privates could either stay where they are at, are do what it takes to move forward also. Plain and simple Indy...Plain and simple
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 am

What he is saying is that private schools are doing whatever they can to move forward and grow. They are not limiting their enrollment to stay in the class B ranks.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 am

ndlionsfan wrote:What he is saying is that private schools are doing whatever they can to move forward and grow. They are not limiting their enrollment to stay in the class B ranks.

please tell me when I said that they were limiting
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:You need to include 3 from Region 4. Who are your 4 from Region 7? Trinity, Beulah, then who? Region 1 has some top teams as well. Rugby is up there. Possibly TLMM and Shiloh. Don't know much about Region 3 and 8 and how SZ, Trenton, Powers Lake, etc. match up against the rest of the state. I think Cavalier is better than most are giving them credit for, too.

No, not Shiloh. Shiloh is an average team. Many teams can beat them.
didn't Mott beat them lately? and mott is like the 5th-6th best team in region 7.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jenkman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Back to the discussion fellas.

I still believe region 7 is the best region. region 4 might be more balanced though.
With DT and Beulah possibly being the best two teams in state, you can't argue with that.
It will be interesting to see comes out with the first seed from district 13 right now.
If they can get matched up with Killdeer/Richardton, they get to take a shot at one of the big two teams.
If HR can get healthy, they are a very good team. Any team that can play to Coach Pruitt's knowledge and scheme, is going to be very good.
Mott is playing well as of late. Good wins over Washburn, Hazen, and Shiloh. I think they got DT this week.
Zenter from Mott is a real good player. I think he's averaging around 20pts/game. Team goes as far as he will.
NE can be alright at times, along with Bowman. Bowman has the talent but just can't seem to win.
I see these four teams getting in. Hettinger and Beach will have a very very tough time getting in.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35 am

Hettinger Scranton beat NE by 19
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Jenkman wrote:Back to the discussion fellas.

I still believe region 7 is the best region. region 4 might be more balanced though.
With DT and Beulah possibly being the best two teams in state, you can't argue with that.
It will be interesting to see comes out with the first seed from district 13 right now.
If they can get matched up with Killdeer/Richardton, they get to take a shot at one of the big two teams.
If HR can get healthy, they are a very good team. Any team that can play to Coach Pruitt's knowledge and scheme, is going to be very good.
Mott is playing well as of late. Good wins over Washburn, Hazen, and Shiloh. I think they got DT this week.
Zenter from Mott is a real good player. I think he's averaging around 20pts/game. Team goes as far as he will.
NE can be alright at times, along with Bowman. Bowman has the talent but just can't seem to win.
I see these four teams getting in. Hettinger and Beach will have a very very tough time getting in.

I can argue with this statement for 2 simple reason, Hagler and Grande....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby dyhardballa09 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Hagler-Grande
Zacher-Hettich-Nelson
Volk-Kubick

All good combinations, but you can't just say Hagler and Grande makes them better than either DT or Beulah. I will take any of the top 4-5 coming off the bench for Beulah and DT before I take NS's 5th starter and anyone on their bench. I have seen NS 5 times this year, and they are VERY VERY good. But, their lack of depth puts them below DT and Beulah IMO. Their 2 8th graders are great 8th graders, but average HS players. They will be great hs players, just not yet. So, it completely true to say Beulah and Dt are possibly the best two teams in the state.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby gominers » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

The key to both posts is the word "possibly". The road to the region 4 championship may be tougher though when considering the semifinal and championship game. If North Star wins, they'll likely have to beat Four Winds and Carrington in back to back games. Beulah or Trinity would likely have to beat the other and likely one of the following; Hazen, Heart River, Mott/Regent. That's a lot of forcasting and a lot of it may not happen. I'm interested what happens between North Star and Carrington this week. If it's close I may give region 4 the advantage.

Also, I would add Binstock to the Trinity duo.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby DBA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am

a previous post mentioned semi-final night in region 7. Trinity and Beulah are what they are and may be playing in the R7 champ game but I'm still watching semi night.

Heart River is a gutsy, well coached team that has a lot of strengths: quick outside guards that can get hot from three, and a solid post game anchored by Isaiah Marschner. The team has faced illness and injury during the regular season but are rounding back into health.

Trinity has the flexibility of pounding Kubic/Binstock against Beulah, or using Volk to just shoot 15footers over the top of shorter HR guards. This team doesn't make many mistakes.

Hazen played Beulah tough in Hazen and has significant strength and athleticism.

And Beulah is the reigning champ.

I can't wait
DBA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DBA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 pm

I lived in Region 4 until a month ago. I'm just curious who will take second. Too bad we likely won't see Carrington vs 4WM in regionals. If North Star lost in regionals, it would be the biggest upset in the state out of all the regional tournaments. Does that make region 7 a tougher road to state? Would anyone be surprised if Beulah didn't make it to state? Or Trinity?
DBA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Keep in mind that NS only beat Four Winds by 1 point in the Ramsey tournament.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mike Ditka » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm

The Schwab wrote:Hettinger Scranton beat NE by 19

Wasnt that game played in Hettinger? N.E. played without their point guard right because he was sick or something? And it was tied going into the 4th qtr and then Hettinger made a ton of treys? I wasnt there I listened to Hettingers terrible radio guy. Has Hettinger scored like 30 in a qtr consistently this year? If these two play in districts I'd say it will be a close game...plus N.E.'s. coach seems to bring something new to the table when it counts (I remember a junk defense that really bothered Hettinger a couple years back.) Wont be a 20 point game....thats for sure. Tough for the tigers to guard Kristy though Id think.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gominers » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:17 pm

I thought Carrington was better. It looks like they are a level below NS and FW/M. With that in mind, Region 7 is the toughest road. I agree the semifinal could be some good games, but I think both teams will win by 10-15.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Mike Ditka wrote:

Wasnt that game played in Hettinger? N.E. played without their point guard right because he was sick or something? And it was tied going into the 4th qtr and then Hettinger made a ton of treys? I wasnt there I listened to Hettingers terrible radio guy. Has Hettinger scored like 30 in a qtr consistently this year? If these two play in districts I'd say it will be a close game...plus N.E.'s. coach seems to bring something new to the table when it counts (I remember a junk defense that really bothered Hettinger a couple years back.) Wont be a 20 point game....thats for sure. Tough for the tigers to guard Kristy though Id think.

The co-op is hettinger-scranton. The game was played in scranton, the teams will play in the district and it will be a good game
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:53 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Mike Ditka wrote:

The co-op is hettinger-scranton. The game was played in scranton, the teams will play in the district and it will be a good game

Ditka= Either NE coach, or writer from Dickinson Press....come on, give hettinger-scranton some love. They won fair and square. Have a nice YOUNG team.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mike Ditka » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Lol....I can assure you I am neither. I didnt say they didnt deserve credit ever....I said I dont think that game will be a blow out. I couldn't agree more that they have a nice young team. I wasn't even at the game when they played. Thanks though...I do like N.E.s coach and both sports guys at the press.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

The game (along with the rest of the district 13 tournament) will be a good one!
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys