Best Player in Class B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ilove_basketball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Beau Sizer from Barnes County North
ilove_basketball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:35 am

I'd have to say Tony Ironheart, Four Winds. Not only does he make himself look good but he makes everyone around him look good too. Even on his bad nights he still scores 15 plus. I don't know of any gaurds in the state that can pass or handle the rock like he can, and posting up centers and scoring.
pacod

Postby feeshattack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:35 pm

i agree with ironheart as a very good player, but watching bakkum just puts a smile to your face, this kid is so smooth and so good...... i personally think that he should be mr.basketball, i know thats a little biast, but this kid has it all....... Mark Bakkum, you are the man!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:43 am

What ever happened to Casey Becker? I heard a lot of big things about him coming down from class A before the season and he hasn't delievered
AandBfan

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:03 am

If you see the Lisbon team from district 1 play this year you would think differently.  They could easly run away with the regional title thise year.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:01 am

AandBfan wrote:What ever happened to Casey Becker? I heard a lot of big things about him coming down from class A before the season and he hasn't delievered

He is a good player, it just seems like he isn't agressive. I don't know if he is just really unselfish or just lacks aggressiveness. Defensivley is a different story. He will block shots or atleast make you alter them. Rebounding and defense our his strong points and offensively he just needs to become more agressive.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:05 pm

becker just hasnt been doin much at all this year, he must not be all that good, zachar and stromme seam to be leading the team this year
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:31 pm

I think Justin Moe deserves all the credit in the world this season.  Park river (13-1) only lost the game moe was out with his injury.  Last year he was the same kind of player but he didn't make his teammates better, he was kinda selfish and was in the coaches doghouse most of the season.  this year he is the only returning starter from a team that was done on the second day of disistricts and they are ranked 10th in the state right now.  They have beat grafton and split games with midway-minto.  they end their regular season with north border at home.  this year moe is making players a lot better.(max otto, ryan waechter)  otto is just a sophomore and is playing at the level of a senior and will be all district this season.  ryan waechter is the state track long jump or high jump champ and is a very good athlete, good insticnts on defense.  Those two are the only 2 besides moe that have varsity experience coming into this season.  I guess jay jelinek played some last year but not much was asked of him but to hustle and play good defense, which he is doing this year.  Moe's biggest improvement this year is his basketball smarts.  he hasn't really gotten better at shooting, dribbling, etc.  he finally knows his talent enough to realize he can make his team a whole lot better.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:26 am

Lorenz is in a different situation this year.  in the past years he had teammates that were older and matured and knew how to handle themselves in different types of game situations.  this year he's got a whole new starting line up with him and doesn't know how to be a leader when the inexperienced guys don't perform how he expects them too.  it's not really any fault of his, he expects more out of his teammates and im sure the fans and everyone supporting MPCG does as well.  I've never heard of lorenz having problems with behavior towards teammates but if that is true my guess is that this is the reason why.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:05 am

A good leader gets his team up and picks them up when they are down.  He expects their best, but doesn't yell at them when playing.  A good leader will talk to a teammate off the court and alone and pick them up and give them the confidence they need. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:12 am

Luke Lorenz BEST PLAYER IN CLASS B
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys