2012-13 Region 4 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2012-13 Region 4 Predictions

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 pm

With Hagler's Ankle not at a 100% is going to be a factor, I know he is a smart player, probably one of the smartest players I have seen, but the question would come down to his conditioning! I still have FW by 5!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CC1983 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:With Hagler's Ankle not at a 100% is going to be a factor, I know he is a smart player, probably one of the smartest players I have seen, but the question would come down to his conditioning! I still have FW by 5!

Well, last night with a bad ankle, Hagler put up 20, and did not play near his usual minutes. IMO, NorthStar is very much a better team than they were in the beginning of the season, and I do believe FourWinds is also. One thing to look at is Four Winds beat Carrington last night by only 3, when just over 2 weeks ago, NorthStar went to Carrington and won by 20. But then saying all of this both teams need to win Monday and Tuesday to even have this matchup happen.
I think on Tuesday we will see 3 District 7 teams and only NorthStar representing District 8.
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 pm

CC1983 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:With Hagler's Ankle not at a 100% is going to be a factor, I know he is a smart player, probably one of the smartest players I have seen, but the question would come down to his conditioning! I still have FW by 5!

Well, last night with a bad ankle, Hagler put up 20, and did not play near his usual minutes. IMO, NorthStar is very much a better team than they were in the beginning of the season, and I do believe FourWinds is also. One thing to look at is Four Winds beat Carrington last night by only 3, when just over 2 weeks ago, NorthStar went to Carrington and won by 20. But then saying all of this both teams need to win Monday and Tuesday to even have this matchup happen.
I think on Tuesday we will see 3 District 7 teams and only NorthStar representing District 8.

Very true statement there.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 pm

What's up with the 4-Winds games in the District? All I'm going by are the final scores, but they seemed to have trouble in both games--not what you would expect from the #5-ranked team. Were the missing a player or two?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 pm

vikingman wrote:What's up with the 4-Winds games in the District? All I'm going by are the final scores, but they seemed to have trouble in both games--not what you would expect from the #5-ranked team. Were the missing a player or two?

Flu bug going around maybe?

I know a few other teams who had players play through illness last night.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby justplayalready » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Historically, If you look back at the last few years in District 7 tourney, FWM has had a lot of close games with teams they beat handily earlier...They have been nearly outed by teams like Lakota...

Don't know as to why they don't appear to be playing their best at District time...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketball10 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I think that has a lot to do with early in the year teams usually cant handle the full court pressure defense of FW and that results in a lot of turnovers and easy points for them. Where as by the time districts comes around most teams have figured out how to handle their pressure and dont turn it over like they did early in the season
basketball10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby VOTCC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 am

Regular season game between Carrington & Four Winds was much closer than the final score. Four Winds only led by about 6 points midway in the 4th q----honestly thought leaving the game that night Carrington could beat Four Winds on a given night (must play complete game)Four Winds is good---ask the 18 or 19 teams they've beaten---they are sitting in a great spot now & wouldn't suprise me if they won the title. Also, NR-S a bit different team with Haley playing as well, was a bit suprised how close that game was as well---Rockets always play hard & 2nd time around always tougher.
VOTCC
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys