2012-13 Region 3 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2012-13 Region 3 Predictions

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:37 am

Just some comments on SB. They have not been healthy all year. M. Jacobson is still not 100% from knee surgery, they have had a number of kids miss time with ankle sprains and now A. Jacobson is having back problems. Because of the injuries they have not been able to put the same kids on the floor consistently and it has shown in their play. They are still trying to figure out the new system and get everyone healthy.
I agree with the last couple of comments, it should be a couple of good District tournaments and a good Region tournament.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pump » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

Sportsrube wrote:Just some comments on SB. They have not been healthy all year. M. Jacobson is still not 100% from knee surgery, they have had a number of kids miss time with ankle sprains and now A. Jacobson is having back problems. Because of the injuries they have not been able to put the same kids on the floor consistently and it has shown in their play. They are still trying to figure out the new system and get everyone healthy.
I agree with the last couple of comments, it should be a couple of good District tournaments and a good Region tournament.

WOW!!!! Very well put discribing can you say "underacheivers"!? I heard the South Border crowd is very "entertaining" at their games, i might have to try and come and see them. Where and when is your region or is it districts to be played at?
pump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Lakeerie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am

pump wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Just some comments on SB. They have not been healthy all year. M. Jacobson is still not 100% from knee surgery, they have had a number of kids miss time with ankle sprains and now A. Jacobson is having back problems. Because of the injuries they have not been able to put the same kids on the floor consistently and it has shown in their play. They are still trying to figure out the new system and get everyone healthy.

WOW!!!! Very well put discribing can you say "underacheivers"!? I heard the South Border crowd is very "entertaining" at their games, i might have to try and come and see them. Where and when is your region or is it districts to be played at?

Districts is in Napoleon feb 16,18,19 regions in Jamestown feb 25,26,28 should be interesting where seedings go with sz Linton and sb and in district 5 with ek ellendale (lamoure being top seed in this district more then likely) anything could happen though
Lakeerie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Interesting scores in Region 3 tonight:

PBK 66 EKM 47 (Dist 5)
LHMB 56 SZ 43 (Dist 6) - These teams have split this year, if they end up tied in terms of district record, what is the tie break for seeding?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am

At this point, it seems like it is the top 3, then everybody else. I would rank them as follows:

1. Lamoure-LM
2. Linton HMB
3. Strasburg-Zeeland

4-10 - You pick the order, could be different any given day.

11. Central Prairie
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

EHS1998 wrote:Interesting scores in Region 3 tonight:

PBK 66 EKM 47 (Dist 5)
LHMB 56 SZ 43 (Dist 6) - These teams have split this year, if they end up tied in terms of district record, what is the tie break for seeding?

I believe the 1st tie breaker is point differential in the 2 head-to-head games, but I could be wrong.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

Sportsrube wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:Interesting scores in Region 3 tonight:

PBK 66 EKM 47 (Dist 5)

I believe the 1st tie breaker is point differential in the 2 head-to-head games, but I could be wrong.

That makes the most sense. Thanks.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

4. KC - Play hard, have good defense and are well coached. Can't be taken lightly.

well coached?
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:4. KC - Play hard, have good defense and are well coached. Can't be taken lightly.

well coached?

Absolutely, from my perspective, Paul Olson is a very good basketball coach. He hasnt been blessed with great basketball players since Randall graduated but he gets a lot out of what he has. Where he has been particularly good against us for a number of years is containing our best scoring option, challenging other players to score.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 pm

EHS1998 wrote:At this point, it seems like it is the top 3, then everybody else. I would rank them as follows:

1. Lamoure-LM
2. Linton HMB
3. Strasburg-Zeeland

4-10 - You pick the order, could be different any given day.

11. Central Prairie

Kind of felt like a cop out not ranking 4 through 10, so I am going to attempt to do so.

1. Lamoure-LM (Super balanced, athletic, tough D.)
2. Linton HMB (Convincing win in SZ, this is the team everyone else in the Region was afraid was going to show up at some point but not surprised that they have.)
3. Strasburg-Zeeland (Still a District/Region title contender.)

4. Kidder County (Everything you get from them, you earn.)
5. EKM (Hard to figure out, convincing win over BCN then double digit loss to PBK, welcome to the D5 conundrum.)
6/7. BCN/Ellendale (could be flipped either way)
8. South Border (Not the season they wanted to date, but that is why they play games in February. I have a feeling they have a run in them, can they make it happen?)
9. PBK (Big win last night, feel like they should be higher coming off last nights win but EKM has beaten BCN and Ellendale (out of district game), both of whom PBK has lost to.)
10. Napoleon (Really dont like having them this low as they are dangerous.)

11. Central Prairie (Need a post presence and leadership to emerge.)
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

I recieved a PM tonight concerned over my recent ranking of SB. I am sharing this because it is illustrative on how difficult it is to rate teams in Region 3 this year, after the top 3. The concern that was shared was how did I rank SB below KC and BCN, when they have beaten both teams. This, by the way, is a legitimate concern that I struggled with. One solution is you simply put them above both BCN and KC. Okay but to do so you would also have to put them above EKM and Ellendale, both of whom have beaten SB (yes, without MJ but I find it hard to handicap HS teams so I treat losses as losses no matter what the personnel is), yet both of whom have lost to KC. (BTW - EKM owns a double digit win over BCN and SB beat BCN by a point but I dont generally subscribe to the theory of transitive properties, so that didnt factor into my reasoning.) Also, you have PBK who beat EKM handily but has lost to most of the other teams above them, some of whom EKM has beaten.

In a nutshell, I took my best stab at it and I welcome others to do so. The fun is in the debate. These are simply thoughts of a Region 3 fan who generally doesnt have a clue about what he is talking about. :)
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am

Did they give a reason why they would send you a PM and not just post ITT?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 am

EHS, lets say you and 10 other people are in a fantasy league. The goal of the league is to pick the region 3 champ. What does your cheat sheet look like? You are picking TEAMS (ex. BCN, SZ, etc.), not players.

edited for clarity
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 am

Flip wrote:EHS, lets say you and 10 other people are in a fantasy league. The goal of the league is to pick the region 3 champ. What does your cheat sheet look like? You are picking TEAMS (ex. BCN, SZ, etc.), not players.

edited for clarity

Got it. This is a tough one, I need to think about for a bit.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pump » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 am

Flip wrote:Did they give a reason why they would send you a PM and not just post ITT?

Bet it was a blonde woman..! Must be desperate to question a "ranking" that is meant to be for fun debate by pm :lol: I did go to the South Border game on Teusday, the fans sure do live up to their reputations, they are plenty entertaining and they have a few peoplw who need to reread the rule books of basketball before they go to another game, there'e a couple of them that really do not have a clue.if i were a ref, I would demand double or more to ref a SB game! After following this site for a while, and now seeing first hand the hand he was dealt, I do feel sorry for their coach.
pump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

pump wrote:
Flip wrote:Did they give a reason why they would send you a PM and not just post ITT?

Bet it was a blonde woman..! Must be desperate to question a "ranking" that is meant to be for fun debate by pm :lol: I did go to the South Border game on Teusday, the fans sure do live up to their reputations, they are plenty entertaining and they have a few peoplw who need to reread the rule books of basketball before they go to another game, there'e a couple of them that really do not have a clue.if i were a ref, I would demand double or more to ref a SB game! After following this site for a while, and now seeing first hand the hand he was dealt, I do feel sorry for their coach.

No, it was actually a very knowledgable source whom I respect greatly. They just wanted to ask me a question specific to my post, which actually happens pretty often with many different members of this board. I only mentioned it this time as I thought it was enlightening. As I said, the question they raised was something that I had specifically struggled with.

In defense of their fans, while passionate, I don't know that it is fair to characterize them as a whole as being over the top. At least from my perspctive. However, in fairness to your point Pump, I wasnt at the game you referenced.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pump » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am

Thats what is fun about this site, after reading the post for a period of time I had to see for myself. I don't think I will make it to first round but it is almost be a sin to miss the entertainment of regionals. IF South Border makes it to regionals I and some of my cronies might make the trip for some funnies.
pump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 am

pump wrote:Thats what is fun about this site, after reading the post for a period of time I had to see for myself. I don't think I will make it to first round but it is almost be a sin to miss the entertainment of regionals. IF South Border makes it to regionals I and some of my cronies might make the trip for some funnies.

It should be fun! I am hoping we sneak into the Region 3 party as well but we have quite a bit of work to do between now and then. District 6 tourney could be worth a trip.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm

EHS,
I saw your post that you deleted, but just take the current system and put a percentage next to each team on their chance of winning region 3.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
pump wrote:

No, it was actually a very knowledgable source whom I respect greatly. They just wanted to ask me a question specific to my post, which actually happens pretty often with many different members of this board. I only mentioned it this time as I thought it was enlightening. As I said, the question they raised was something that I had specifically struggled with.

In defense of their fans, while passionate, I don't know that it is fair to characterize them as a whole as being over the top. At least from my perspctive. However, in fairness to your point Pump, I wasnt at the game you referenced.

Since M. Jacobson has been back, Dec. 27, 2012 the team has been 8-3. I have watched 2 games that South Border has played. Linton in Wishek, in which MJ did not play, and at Linton with MJ. They lost both times they played to Linton. I think SB's problems are the same as every other team, poor shooting percentage, and overall team discipline when the chips are down. As for paying attention to the crowd from SB, they are no different then the "Usual" Class B sort. What gives "pump?" Aren't we suppose to go to games to enjoy watching the game of basketball, or is it to see how crowds act?
Last edited by SCCconferenceinsider on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lakeerie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 pm

pump wrote:

Where were you at the game Tuesday? I was there also but never saw you there.
Last edited by Lakeerie on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lakeerie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am

SB with another double digit victory over KC. Sounds like they are rounding into form.

SZ handily over Napoleon and LHMB over Central Prairie with ease.

Ellendale with a close win over BCN and LLM by double digits over EKM.

Updated rankings:

1. LLM
2. LHMB
3. SZ
4. SB
5. EKM
6. KC
7. Ellendale
8. BCN
9. PBK
10. Napoleon
11. Central Prairie
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pump » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 am

EHS1998 wrote:SB with another double digit victory over KC. Sounds like they are rounding into form.

Updated rankings:

1. LLM
2. LHMB
3. SZ
4. SB
5. EKM
6. KC
7. Ellendale
8. BCN
9. PBK
10. Napoleon
11. Central Prairie

Steele had 3 starters, a jv, and a jh kid playing and SB barely hung to win, yes South Border is rounding into form!!!!
pump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 am

pump wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:SB with another double digit victory over KC. Sounds like they are rounding into form.

Updated rankings:

1. LLM
2. LHMB
3. SZ
4. SB
5. EKM
6. KC
7. Ellendale
8. BCN
9. PBK
10. Napoleon
11. Central Prairie

Steele had 3 starters, a jv, and a jh kid playing and SB barely hung to win, yes South Border is rounding into form!!!!

Respectfully Pump, it feels like you have an axe to grind with SB. I only go based on results as it is hard to know what teams, if any, are at full strength in ny given game. I will say that I hope and pray all players, that are able to, get healthy for the stretch run.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Lakeerie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

pump wrote:

Updated rankings:

1. LLM
2. LHMB
3. SZ
4. SB
5. EKM
6. KC
7. Ellendale
8. BCN
9. PBK
10. Napoleon
11. Central Prairie

I thought you didn't know our region that well? You said earlier you dont have any clue about this SB team? And barely? SB would've won by about 20-25 if they kept their starters in. I also don't think a 16 point win is "barley hung to win"??? They were dominating most of the game.
Lakeerie
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys