2012-13 Region 2 Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2012-13 Region 2 Predictions

Postby winner-within » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Bearcatsroll wrote:Is there any teams in this region that can throw on an effective full court or half court press. This could be a weakness for an few of the top teams in this region and an upset possible. Just curious if anyone has the speed or athletes as a whole to be effective pressing.

I dont know if a Cav or Grafton beating a NS or 4winds is a major upset
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm

winner-within wrote:
Bearcatsroll wrote:Is there any teams in this region that can throw on an effective full court or half court press. This could be a weakness for an few of the top teams in this region and an upset possible. Just curious if anyone has the speed or athletes as a whole to be effective pressing.

Well, considering Grafton just lost to FW by almost 40 I'd say Grafton beating either of those two teams definitely would be a major upset
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Well, considering Grafton just lost to FW by almost 40 I'd say Grafton beating either of those two teams definitely would be a major upset

I had to throw them in there otherwise the "over dramatic bias opinion pin would have been stuck to my forehead again".........I'm not going into this season with who could win or who couldnt
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Cavalier used a full court press sparingly but very effectively against HCV. Sparingly was the best part - Cav would go into it for two or so possessions, grab a couple of turnovers, and jump back out of it, then deploy it agains later. HCV never got a chance to get comfortable against it. Kudos to the Cav coaching staff.

Cavalier looked pretty polished for the first game of the year. You can tell that these kids have played together for a while. Robbins has the upper body strength of a payloader. He moved pretty much wherever he wanted to go inside. Another thing that was EXTREMELY refreshing is that Cavalier shot only 2-3 three-pointers all night.

What? A team that emphasizes the inside game and mid-range jumpers? Gee, it's so old school that teams won't know how to defend Cavalier.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby grywyn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Midway- Minto lost Nathan Linstad.
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Hinsa wrote:

Cavalier used a full court press sparingly but very effectively against HCV. Sparingly was the best part - Cav would go into it for two or so possessions, grab a couple of turnovers, and jump back out of it, then deploy it agains later. HCV never got a chance to get comfortable against it. Kudos to the Cav coaching staff.

Cavalier looked pretty polished for the first game of the year. You can tell that these kids have played together for a while. Robbins has the upper body strength of a payloader. He moved pretty much wherever he wanted to go inside. Another thing that was EXTREMELY refreshing is that Cavalier shot only 2-3 three-pointers all night.

What? A team that emphasizes the inside game and mid-range jumpers? Gee, it's so old school that teams won't know how to defend Cavalier.

well pointed out Hinsa
I have a feeling there will be emphasis on the essentials of BBall with this staff...... :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hoops9 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Who ever said MM will be returning everyone that's not true they lost Linstad who was there only scorer this year so they will struggle. NB should be way lower they don't have Anderson as of now and he is a top scorer an if they are high on the list so should Thompson they went into a great overtime game and lost to NB so these are all wrong grafton just got beat by a ton drop them down a little granted that 4 winds is a great team but still drop grafton lower it's not like droog is putting up 20 A night constantly like a Chrest or Robbins I think HN can be up a little higher as well as DVE they are going to be a shock to the district and region in my opinion with markel and Keena running the ball two experienced guards with a strong post in jenson however the other two will have to step up with the 4th and 5th spots, but I expect HN DVE should be up higher. Caviler is clearly the team to beat but they tend to get that into there head like we have seen in the past with the older Chrest and Robbins looks like it's cavilers time to be humble and work hard.
Hoops9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballfan69 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Cavalier vs Midway Minto region championship.
bballfan69
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bearcatsroll » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Hinsa wrote:

I meant anyone against Cavalier. Cavalier can throw on a pretty good press. With the lack of numbers and experience in the region, Cavalier's press is bound to work this year on the weaker teams. Brock Robbins is here to stay.
Hoops9 wrote: Caviler is clearly the team to beat but they tend to get that into there head like we have seen in the past with the older Chrest and Robbins looks like it's cavilers time to be humble and work hard.

With Laxdal at the Helm and Jerry on the bench, The players will work hard and I think Bryce Laxdal can keep them hungry and not complacent. This region will always have it's excitement and close games so we'll see, but we know that Cavalier has a great opportunity.
Bearcatsroll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grywyn » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 am

bballfan69 wrote:Cavalier vs Midway Minto region championship.

I would like to think that,but I am pretty sure MM wont be there.
grywyn
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Mid-Season Re-Rankings

1. Cavalier

2. Grafton
3. Drayton-Valley-Edinburg
4. Griggs County Central
5. Midway-Minto

6. Hillsboro-Central Valley
7. Larimore
8. Dakota Prairie
9. May-Port-CG
10. North Border

11. Hatton-Northwood
11. Park River-FL
11. Thompson
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby old#63 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

R2 is looking like it is a little more up for grabs all the time. Grafton knocks off Cavalier in Cavalier, and Midway/Minto came within one last second call of beating Grafton in Grafton last night. Add in DVE, Griggs, and one or two others. Certainly not the Cavalier cakewalk I anticipated. Although I still think they are my favorite to make state.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm

old#63 wrote:R2 is looking like it is a little more up for grabs all the time. Grafton knocks off Cavalier in Cavalier, and Midway/Minto came within one last second call of beating Grafton in Grafton last night. Add in DVE, Griggs, and one or two others. Certainly not the Cavalier cakewalk I anticipated. Although I still think they are my favorite to make state.

It will be interesting......although Cleem is really the missing link that Cavalier needed back and by tourney time he and Stieger will be peaking.....Cavalier slammed DVE by 30 last night...they really d'ed up...... their offensive numbers are climbing and they are taking and making the shots they hadent been.

But thats why they play the game and Grafton has had their ## for 3 years now.... definitely time to rid that monkey!!!... :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm

winner-within wrote:
old#63 wrote:R2 is looking like it is a little more up for grabs all the time. Grafton knocks off Cavalier in Cavalier, and Midway/Minto came within one last second call of beating Grafton in Grafton last night. Add in DVE, Griggs, and one or two others. Certainly not the Cavalier cakewalk I anticipated. Although I still think they are my favorite to make state.

It will be interesting......although Cleem is really the missing link that Cavalier needed back and by tourney time he and Stieger will be peaking.....Cavalier slammed DVE by 30 last night...they really d'ed up...... their offensive numbers are climbing and they are taking and making the shots they hadent been.

But thats why they play the game and Grafton has had their ## for 3 years now.... definitely time to rid that monkey!!!... :P

Grafton beat Cav.....in Cav? they have to be atleast a 10pt favorite at home. what hapened? they surely cant be favored in R2 if they cant beat Grafton at heme? Grafton will be tough to beat in R2 if hitting on all cylinders. obviusley last night they were running on about 3 cyl vs MM. if they can play sound half court O and keep the ball pressure on, i have them at the top of region 2
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 am

yep their the Champs till someone proves different
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm

predictiions? cav vs grafton tinight
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Grafton gets the win on their home court by less than 5. Should be a great matchup
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 pm

I have a gut feeling that Cavalier stuns the Spoilers with a 3 point road win. Going to be a great game.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Cav 14 grafton 11 early second qtr
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Cav 26 grafton 20 halftime
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm

Graton 35 csv 33 end of 3
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Cav 49 grafton 47 final
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Grafton was playing without Christian Lunde vs. Cavalier, one of the better long range shooters on the team. He is in Jamaica for his sister's wedding. I was expecting a bigger Cavalier win.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 am

:
old#63 wrote:Grafton was playing without Christian Lunde vs. Cavalier, one of the better long range shooters on the team. He is in Jamaica for his sister's wedding. I was expecting a bigger Cavalier win.

Christian is a big part of their game, but last time they played it wasn't Christian or A. C. it was 2 of the reserves from the B squad. I don't know why you would have expected a bigger cav win? Grafton is the top dog in the district. I expected to see grafton find a way again. This game tonight wasn't the best game played by either, but they find a way to make them interesting and fun. I really think people have under estimated the strength of this district and region. None the less, a win is a win, for now. Should be a very interesting district and region tourney!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am

sportsking wrote::
old#63 wrote:Grafton was playing without Christian Lunde vs. Cavalier, one of the better long range shooters on the team. He is in Jamaica for his sister's wedding. I was expecting a bigger Cavalier win.

Christian is a big part of their game, but last time they played it wasn't Christian or A. C. it was 2 of the reserves from the B squad. I don't know why you would have expected a bigger cav win? Grafton is the top dog in the district. I expected to see grafton find a way again. This game tonight wasn't the best game played by either, but they find a way to make them interesting and fun. I really think people have under estimated the strength of this district and region. None the less, a win is a win, for now. Should be a very interesting district and region tourney!

R2 is probably the 6th strongest region in the state and Cavalier is still my odds on favorite to win R2. I agree they haven't dialed it in yet, but they put as good a starting 5 on the floor as anyone and they go a lot deeper than most. That will help come tourney time. I'm a Grafton fan, but I have to call it like I see it.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys