Who are the Top two teams in each region?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:19 pm

its almost better to have 5 good players then 1 superstar, a superstar can have the tendancy to try and take over a game and get carried away by takin 35 shots a game.  A true superstar is one that knows when to shoot and when to pass up and open 15 footer for the guy who is open for the 2 foot layup.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby radar » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:59 pm

ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:Top 4 in Region 1 in my mind is this, in specific order.

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred
when ever a team gets to the big show its because they have at least two superstars on the team oak grove has none these next couple years, no way are they a top four regional team.
Man you watch to much NBA, take for example George Mason last yr in college basketball, they probally had no superstars on their team and look where they got. All i know is they have a great 6-8 guys that have the poetinal to play very well together. You dont need superstars, yes someone may need to step up in certain situations but they do not need to be a superstar.
superstars are the reason disconnected fans come to watch basketball in big time games, they read stats and team records and decide they just have to see this player or team play
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:52 am

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred
when ever a team gets to the big show its because they have at least two superstars on the team oak grove has none these next couple years, no way are they a top four regional team.
Man you watch to much NBA, take for example George Mason last yr in college basketball, they probally had no superstars on their team and look where they got. All i know is they have a great 6-8 guys that have the poetinal to play very well together. You dont need superstars, yes someone may need to step up in certain situations but they do not need to be a superstar.
superstars are the reason disconnected fans come to watch basketball in big time games, they read stats and team records and decide they just have to see this player or team play

So would you drive a distance to watch Lingen play from Kindred? And also what does ur statement have anything do due with doing well in the season and making it to state. Theres more to a team then a one or two guys. Hint the reason they have 5 players on the floor at a time.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:39 am

ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred

So would you drive a distance to watch Lingen play from Kindred? And also what does ur statement have anything do due with doing well in the season and making it to state. Theres more to a team then a one or two guys. Hint the reason they have 5 players on the floor at a time.
if kindred has a good record in the middle or late part of the season, he will be one of the big reasons there for i would go watch them play. if im not familier with a team i read the stats and if they are big stats thats who i keep an i on during the game. only 8 teams make to the region and they will be one of them along with northern cass, hankinson, lisbon, n,saergent,and pickem 
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:04 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred

if kindred has a good record in the middle or late part of the season, he will be one of the big reasons there for i would go watch them play. if im not familier with a team i read the stats and if they are big stats thats who i keep an i on during the game. only 8 teams make to the region and they will be one of them along with northern cass, hankinson, lisbon, n,saergent,and pickem 

Your prolly rite, I mean Oak Grove will probally be terrible. Im sorry i tried to conivince you otherwise.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby froggy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:52 pm

[font=georgia]team is together everyone achieves more:D[/font]
froggy

Postby radar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:22 pm

ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred

Your prolly rite, I mean Oak Grove will probally be terrible. Im sorry i tried to conivince you otherwise.
depends who they try to make the go to player,  they just have avg players at best so the three pointer theyll live or die with like all starless teams do
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:50 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:
radar wrote:

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred

depends who they try to make the go to player,  they just have avg players at best so the three pointer theyll live or die with like all starless teams do

im jsut wondering...but is there a limit as to how many quotes one post can have???
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Yeah, holy. DELETE at least 3/4 of your quote and get down to business! No need to keep repeating the same thing over and over!
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby beavof77 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:25 pm

There are so many good teams in class B rite now. You have the teams that are always in it like May-Port and D. Trinity. This year its going to be a Parshall or a team similar playing in the title game.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUBison » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:08 am

I think Thompson might make a run at the title. Parshall will probably get to the state tourney, but i have a feeling they won't win it. Last year, Four Winds was my favorite going in but they lost in the Semi's.
NDSUBison

Postby player22 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:05 pm

yeah i agree, parshal should for sure be back at the state tourny. but they come from a weeker region so who knows if they will be able to come up with 3 wins once they get to the state tourny. also there are some very other tough teams in the state this year that will be tough for parshal to beat.
player22

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:21 pm

I heard the other day that a Kindred player shot himself but survived and has nerve damage in his right arm... Can anyone give more details on this
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:34 am

Region 2

North Border and Midway/Minot will be the top teams in District 4
Thompson is the favorite in District 3 but Hatton-Northwood could be a sleeper
thesports_guy32

Postby rep » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:46 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:Region 2

about the only player i know of from hatton-northwood is abby reiter from the girls' team...who is on the boys' team that has caught your eye or is it the addition of their new coach, a former linton assistant (can't remember his name off the top of my head), that makes them a sleeper?
rep

Postby bballer2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:58 am

rep wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:Region 2

about the only player i know of from hatton-northwood is abby reiter from the girls' team...who is on the boys' team that has caught your eye or is it the addition of their new coach, a former linton assistant (can't remember his name off the top of my head), that makes them a sleeper?

coach is keenen konshak... he is a good coach....
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:48 am

Hatton Northwood is going to be a good team, they have good numbers to choose from, the change in the system could help them. One player that should be a huge impact player for them is Mark Wallace, he's about 6-3 or taller, great post moves. They also have Zach and Eli Wold who should be a pretty solid backcourt. Watch for them at tourney time
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby philshometown » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:36 pm

If you have not seen Jamie Mauch of Hankinson play basketball, you are really missing something.  He is the smoothest 6'4" player I have ever seen.
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:28 am

region 7

Killdeer and Hazen
letsgosox

Postby Ping Pong » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:58 am

im thinkin region 7 is a huge toss up with the top four being killdeer trinity hazen beulah. they are all in the same district too. there are alot of good teams i did not mention as well that culd probly make a charge.
Ping Pong

Postby region1 football » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:27 am

is lamoure and linto stil the fav in region 3
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbbfan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:50 am

region1 football wrote:is lamoure and linto stil the fav in region 3

linton is 3-0, lamoure has lost their last 3 games. 
ndbbfan

Postby bballuvr » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:30 am

LaMoure is not in the hunt right now. Linton is every year. Don't need to mention  Lamoure until Feb. at the earliest, if they have somehow won a bunch of games.

Region 3 favs. as of today are Linton, BCN, LMM, SD, ??
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:32 am

i think that we know by now that region 2 is wide open. And if i had to pick a favorite for district 3 it would mpcg or hatton-northwood. Thompson has no discipline.
PA42

Postby Ben23 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:08 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:Region 1

Hankinson

Oak Grove

From what the game have looked like so far this season i think that in Region 1 the top spot would go to either Lisbon or Hankinson and the second place going to the loser of that matchup maybe Kindred
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys