Who are the Top two teams in each region?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndman11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:54 pm

sportsperson wrote:Central Cass took 8th in the 2005 state tournament. They lost to Divide County in the final game.

Central Cass was weak that year, they barely got to the Region tournament as they had to play in teh play in game.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:59 pm

ndman11 wrote:
sportsperson wrote:Central Cass took 8th in the 2005 state tournament. They lost to Divide County in the final game.

Central Cass was weak that year, they barely got to the Region tournament as they had to play in teh play in game.

if a team has to play in the play in game  and they end up making state from that region....how can you make an arguement that it is the best region in ND??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:22 pm

I dont think that we are talking about the past here buddy nobody cares about the state tournament in 2005. But I do think we all care about the state tournament in 2007. Good luck to all teams and prepare for your practice next monday
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:that makes sense one player can take his team anywhere. Sorry man, but I saw the same thing last year with us. Larson was the show and I personally felt he was the best player in the region, Craft was good to, but we didnt win the region. Not taking anything away from mauch he is outstanding, but to say he is gonna do it himself, i dont know about that, it would be tough.

region one is the most talented in nd when you look at the studs on every team top to bottom, put the studs on an all star team and they beat any other region all star team in the state every year

Claz B Fan.....ya see where he said every year....thats why people are talking about the past, but i will agree with you on who cares i was just asking how he can put up that arguement with the showings that region has had in state lately..
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:35 pm

baseball wrote:
ndman11 wrote:

if a team has to play in the play in game  and they end up making state from that region....how can you make an arguement that it is the best region in ND??

Who said region one is the best region, the only thing i said is mauch cant take hankinson to state by himself and that Larson was the best player in Region one in 2006. I dont recall anyong saying region was the best.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:52 pm

[user=1314]radar[/user] wrote:
region one is the most talented in nd when you look at the studs on every team top to bottom, put the studs on an all star team and they beat any other region all star team in the state every year

.........he did
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:34 pm

ahhh ic
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:43 pm

baseball wrote:

.........he did

baseball if you read and understood the post as to what i meant, its that from the top teams  to the bottom teams in the region, they each have one or two all state type players, its just that when it gets voted on the voters look at team records and who goes to the big show, thats who gets on the all state and shrine team ,region one always has multiple top ten scores and rebounders in the state 
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:47 pm

radar wrote:
baseball wrote:

.........he did

baseball if you read and understood the post as to what i meant, its that from the top teams  to the bottom teams in the region, they each have one or two all state type players, its just that when it gets voted on the voters look at team records and who goes to the big show, thats who gets on the all state and shrine team ,region one always has multiple top ten scores and rebounders in the state 

stats are meaningless, especially at the high school level...i'm curious to know how you know who gets on the all-state team...i missed seeing you at the meetings
Last edited by rep on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby beachy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:54 pm

Last edited by beachy on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:55 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Does anyone have any info on a couple of transfers to Hankinson from Fargo Shanley?? If this is true this may help their cause in defending District 1 championship.

there are 2 girls that transfered that will help them out not guys... jsut to let you know
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:56 pm

rep wrote:
radar wrote:
baseball wrote:

.........he did

stats are meaningless, especially at the high school level.
stats is the way the game is decided and who goes on to play college ball da
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:57 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:Mauch is a solid player and I look forward to playing them this season. Not sure if they lost a lot but last year it seemed to be that they were mainly a 1 man show and i exect similar this year. Hopefully we keep him in check.

he is the top player in region 1, i dont think any team in the region will be able to beat hankinson just because of him

He is not the only player back they have 3 starters back and a couple others that played an awful lot of varstiy back so they will be tough...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 pm

radar wrote:
rep wrote:
radar wrote:
baseball wrote:

.........he did

almost laughable, that statement.

most college coaches know that it is pretty pointless to look at stats because in this state, there are too many chances to pad them, or to have them lowered dramatically, espcially at the class b level.

in region 3, the bottom-feeders tend to flip out if you don't have your starters pulled by the start of the fourth quarter, and, as in the case of pbk last season, guys like floorhaug and bata were only getting the chance to play 1/2 or 3/4 of 75 percent of the regular season because they were beating teams that badly.
Last edited by rep on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby radar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 pm

rep wrote:
radar wrote:
rep wrote:
radar wrote:
baseball wrote:

.........he did

most college coaches know that it is pretty pointless to look at stats because in this state, there are too many chances to pad them, or to have them lowered dramatically, espcially at the class b level.

in region 3, the bottom-feeders tend to flip out if you don't have your starters pulled by the start of the fourth quarter, and, as in the case of pbk last season, guys like floorhaug and bata were only getting the chance to play 1/2 or 3/4 of 75 percent of the regular season because they were beating teams that badly.
thats why top to bottom region one is always decided by a few points
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:08 pm

radar wrote:
rep wrote:
radar wrote:
rep wrote:
radar wrote:
baseball wrote:

.........he did

thats why top to bottom region one is always decided by a few points

exactly...the region being even doesn't really tell me much in the way of the region's talent level. everyone plays the full amount of the game and averages 5 more points and 3 more rebounds than players in region 3 that are only playing 3/4 of a game...uh....congrats?

rep

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:09 pm

it can be the closest region yes....thats different from being the most talented.  If it was the most talented region why are they always playing for 7th place??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:20 am

beachy wrote:
radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:Mauch is a solid player and I look forward to playing them this season. Not sure if they lost a lot but last year it seemed to be that they were mainly a 1 man show and i exect similar this year. Hopefully we keep him in check.

he is the top player in region 1, i dont think any team in the region will be able to beat hankinson just because of him

He is not the only player back they have 3 starters back and a couple others that played an awful lot of varstiy back so they will be tough...

They might have people coming back, but its only gonna worth through him, its the way its set up. He will have to carry that team, so it will be more of a 1 man show.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 am

You guys like to talk about how bad region one has been doing, well how will they do this year?
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:46 am

logan carlblom leads lisbon to a region title and goes from unheralded youngster to premier prospect

haven't seen him play, though, so i'm not sure how good he actually is
rep

Postby bballer2 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:14 pm

rep wrote:logan carlblom leads lisbon to a region title and goes from unheralded youngster to premier prospect

carlblom is a rediculous athlete that can jump outta the gym... he also has a very good fade away... tough to guard... can he lead a team i dono i havent seen him play on his high school team but id say he might be able to
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:38 pm

bballer2 wrote:
rep wrote:logan carlblom leads lisbon to a region title and goes from unheralded youngster to premier prospect

carlblom is a rediculous athlete that can jump outta the gym... he also has a very good fade away... tough to guard... can he lead a team i dono i havent seen him play on his high school team but id say he might be able to
it will be a good matchup with shockman with lamoure this year it was a good matchup last with both scoring double figures, they had to guard each other since arndt was out with an injury
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndman11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:57 pm

Top 4 in Region 1 in my mind is this, in no specific order.

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred
Last edited by ndman11 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby radar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:47 pm

ndman11 wrote:Top 4 in Region 1 in my mind is this, in specific order.

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred
when ever a team gets to the big show its because they have at least two superstars on the team oak grove has none these next couple years, no way are they a top four regional team.
radar
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndman11 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:40 pm

radar wrote:
ndman11 wrote:Top 4 in Region 1 in my mind is this, in specific order.

Hankinson

Lisbon

Oak Grove

Kindred
when ever a team gets to the big show its because they have at least two superstars on the team oak grove has none these next couple years, no way are they a top four regional team.
Man you watch to much NBA, take for example George Mason last yr in college basketball, they probally had no superstars on their team and look where they got. All i know is they have a great 6-8 guys that have the poetinal to play very well together. You dont need superstars, yes someone may need to step up in certain situations but they do not need to be a superstar.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys