North Star 86 Warwick 85 Hi-lites will be here

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: North Star 86 Warwick 85 Hi-lites will be here

Postby pmu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 pm

vball10 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3048022473019&set=a.2878775641954.2136804.1036891271&type=1&permPage=1]

This is the link to the picture of Jake Hagler's shot/pass. He isn't looking for a cutter. He's looking at the basket.

Nice picture. That should just about settle it. IMO: I don't think there'd be nearly the scrunity if the radio announcer hadn't flipped out and labeled this a pass with a bad call.... People seem to toss logic by the wayside and forget everything they've ever learned/witnessed about the game once a media member makes an opinion for them.
pmu
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

vball10 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3048022473019&set=a.2878775641954.2136804.1036891271&type=1&permPage=1]

This is the link to a picture of Jake Hagler's shot/pass. He isn't looking for a cutter. He's looking at the basket.

Thats when he first went up and might of thought about shooting than but changed his mind and decided to pass it to his team mate. If Hagler is so awesome do you think he would miss the basket by that far? even though he was fouled? if he was shooting? you can clearly see his arm isnt even being touched like in previous comments,if he was shooting he might of hit the rim at least, they said his arm was even being held in the other comments. come on now its a no brainer... and it wasnt a cutter his team mate was clearly standing their...You guys can be in denial all you want...why is ervery one making such a big deal? get over it and move on, everyone knows that NS did not win fair and square. If you are in denial and probly feeling guilty about something thats your problem thats what happens when something isnt fair.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:22 pm

pmu wrote:

This is the link to the picture of Jake Hagler's shot/pass. He isn't looking for a cutter. He's looking at the basket.

Nice picture. That should just about settle it. IMO: I don't think there'd be nearly the scrunity if the radio announcer hadn't flipped out and labeled this a pass with a bad call.... People seem to toss logic by the wayside and forget everything they've ever learned/witnessed about the game once a media member makes an opinion for them.

People who didnt listen to the media made their minds up about that pass i'll call it because it was a pass and not a shot. These are many, many people who said it was a shot they seen it with there own eyes. They didnt hear nothing on the radio. So who you talking about? I think people are feeling guilty and in denial. But thats ok because theres hundreds of people who say it is a pass.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Indy5 wrote:
mlfan wrote: Also if he wouldnt have got those three free throws we deffinately wouldnt be having this conversation because Warwick would of WON...

First off, I don't care if it was a shot or a pass (it was a shot) when a defender fouls a player who has jumped in the air at the 3 point line, they will get 3 free throws. You just can't foul someone there. So it doesn't matter what he was doing, 90% of the time, he'll go to the line, thats basketball, deal with it.

Your above statement truly shows your absolutely terrible logic. You're saying if Warwick would have won, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Why? If they win it's not a bad call but if they lose its the worst call ever and cost them the game. The outcome of the game shouldn't influence your position on the call.

I'm going to take away from this game that Warwick is not very intelligent. Why on God's green earth would you sit in a 2-3 zone all game if your opponent is raining threes. CHANGE SOMETHING. Go to a 1-3-1, a 3-2, triangle and 2, man , something, anything. Also, I know Langstaff is a great player, but this just kinda goes along with the bad defense comments, one time Hagler has the ball on the wing facing away from the hoop. Langstaff tries to sneak out from the bottom of the zone and steal it from behind. Hagler obviously notices him and finds Grande standing as the only one left on that side of the court for a corner 3. He had already hit 2 or 3 of them in the quarter too. Have to be smarter than that. Times to gamble, and that is not one.

Yep keep talling your self that you might start to believe it. Warwick should of done this Warwick should of done that. Well obviously they were doing something right!!! If they didnt have to play 8 players that night they would of had that game easy . You are all in denial people, you can make any kind of excuse up if it makes you feel better, you people try and talk like others dont know what going on or what hteir talking aboutand that your always right...well hate to burtst your bubble people but theres hundreds of people who disagree... Theres only a few of you who comment on this site and you think your always right. Well your wrong.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 pm

How many points has Langstaff scored this year? He has to be closing in on 1000 for just this year right?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Indy5 wrote:
BB11 wrote:
vikingman wrote:complete 2nd quarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAL-gmDfCo

complete 4th quarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhojGFMnuWo

Hagler got hammered on the last shot. Langstaff is tough. Great game - wish I could have been there. Great teams playing great - couldn't ask for anything better than that.

I disagree about him getting hammered. He initiated all the contact and the defender stood staright up and even backed up when Hagler hit him. I don't think it's a foul, and you especially won't see that call at the end of the game. He still had a pretty good chance of making it, nice job by Grande being there for the putback.

It would've been fitting for that game had Langstaff hit the half court shot.

I also agree you can see in the footage Lanfstaff was planted and Hagler came and ran right into him knocking Langstaff backwards that should of been another foul they did not call...But you people go ahead and keep making excuses. What else is going to be next. I just can't wait...
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm

It is tough to say that people are making excuses, people are just agreeing with the way the game was officiated. The people who are disagreeing would seem to be the people who are making excuses.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 pm

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
mlfan wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
mlfan wrote:Awesome game but NS can thank the refs for their win...1st of all Hagler should have not got three shots because he was passing the ball he was not shooting...2nd of all in the end that was an intentional fall Hagler made on Langstaff he should of got two shots and Warwick should of had the ball back. Warwick should of had it by 5 or more...Thanks for the footage I thought that earlier and the footage made it even clearer...

He was shooting - the foul made it look like a pass.

That foul was not that hard of a foul to make him completely miss by that much, he was passing it to his team mate you can clearly see it if you cant then you are also in denial and also need some glasses...

Give it a rest, man. You weren't on the floor, the refs were. The refs made the call -- he was shooting. Game over. Move on with your life.

I wish i was on the floor refing i probly could of done a better job then that. At least it would of been fair I don't believe in cheating kids...
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 pm

balla45 wrote:It is tough to say that people are making excuses, people are just agreeing with the way the game was officiated. The people who are disagreeing would seem to be the people who are making excuses.

People are also happy with the Out come ....I mean Come on Balla NS Has to be at the state tourn...they're #1 in State every Poll, they're Defending Champs, They've won 50 in a row, They could beat Alsens all time record etc etc.........And Warwick played Ironhawk twice due to suspensions.......You think the refs are Oblivious to all these facts???... :roll:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:03 pm

I do not think officials have a vested interest in who wins and who loses. I personally would have had no problem seeing Warwick make state.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 pm

winner-within wrote:
balla45 wrote:It is tough to say that people are making excuses, people are just agreeing with the way the game was officiated. The people who are disagreeing would seem to be the people who are making excuses.

People are also happy with the Out come ....I mean Come on Balla NS Has to be at the state tourn...they're #1 in State every Poll, they're Defending Champs, They've won 50 in a row, They could beat Alsens all time record etc etc.........And Warwick played Ironhawk twice due to suspensions.......You think the refs are Oblivious to all these facts???... :roll:

Are you kidding, winner? There were all kinds of people rooting for Warwick to take down the mighty NS. Haven't you heard the phrase: "Nobody likes a winner." Oh wait, you probably have heard that plenty of times! :lol:
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 pm

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Are you kidding, winner? There were all kinds of people rooting for Warwick to take down the mighty NS. Haven't you heard the phrase: "Nobody likes a winner." Oh wait, you probably have heard that plenty of times! :lol:

May the Best team win.......Fair and Square!!... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison15247 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

mlfan wrote:

This is the link to a picture of Jake Hagler's shot/pass. He isn't looking for a cutter. He's looking at the basket.

Thats when he first went up and might of thought about shooting than but changed his mind and decided to pass it to his team mate. If Hagler is so awesome do you think he would miss the basket by that far? even though he was fouled? if he was shooting? you can clearly see his arm isnt even being touched like in previous comments,if he was shooting he might of hit the rim at least, they said his arm was even being held in the other comments. come on now its a no brainer... and it wasnt a cutter his team mate was clearly standing their...You guys can be in denial all you want...why is ervery one making such a big deal? get over it and move on, everyone knows that NS did not win fair and square. If you are in denial and probly feeling guilty about something thats your problem thats what happens when something isnt fair.

did you watch a different game then everyone else??? did you see the video, there was no cutter "standing" there, the guy set the screen and was behind a warwick player when jake went up so how do you pass to someone who is not there? have you watched the video? were you even there? or are you just a dissapointed fan and mad cuz your team lost?
gobison15247
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison15247 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:21 pm

mlfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
BB11 wrote:
vikingman wrote:complete 2nd quarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAL-gmDfCo

complete 4th quarter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhojGFMnuWo

Hagler got hammered on the last shot. Langstaff is tough. Great game - wish I could have been there. Great teams playing great - couldn't ask for anything better than that.

I disagree about him getting hammered. He initiated all the contact and the defender stood staright up and even backed up when Hagler hit him. I don't think it's a foul, and you especially won't see that call at the end of the game. He still had a pretty good chance of making it, nice job by Grande being there for the putback.

It would've been fitting for that game had Langstaff hit the half court shot.

I also agree you can see in the footage Lanfstaff was planted and Hagler came and ran right into him knocking Langstaff backwards that should of been another foul they did not call...But you people go ahead and keep making excuses. What else is going to be next. I just can't wait...

you know you may have a point that langstaff was planted ill give ya that, but appearently thats the only part of the video you watched cuz you must have missed the fact that the ns player was fouled twice before that, once at 3qtrs court and once at the top of the key, so if you wanna play the blame game and blame the officals you can but the "right" call would have put the ns player at the line which means he never would have had the chance to run in to langstaff.! look at it for what it was, two very good teams that played a great game from the tip to the final buzzer! one of the best ive ever seen, warwick with ironhawk all year would have been undefeted but ns won, beat them with ironhawk and thats that!
gobison15247
NDPreps Reserve

Postby m8ss » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 pm

this forum has become disgusting. it used to be a place to discuss topics in a fair manor, now its just whining and complaining. GET OVER IT!!! talk about something positive. don't dwell on the past. North Star won. There is much more to life than "what if's" and "wrong calls/bad calls." Put yourself in the refs shoes. Become a ref, go through the training, and take in all the criticism you folks hand out. Maybe that'll get you all to settle down on the whining and complaining. Probably not!?

Hats off to Langstaff and Warwick. He!! of a game and a better season!!!
Same to NStar. Those kids have worked hard
m8ss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ramsfan8 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 pm

agreed, this is ridiculous

mlfan . . . talk about denial lol . . . it was a great game, officiated as well as any officials could have called, all offense very little if any defense, shooting clinic, fast, value for the money extremely high . . . unfortunately there has to be a loser . . . again, good luck to Warwick and there future program . . . Langstaff is extremely talented . . . Hagler/Grande and crew put on a show, Ironhawk played well for his 2nd game of the year . . . good game leave it at that . . . . congratz to NS for being in the right place at the right time to keep the magic alive . . . good luck Bear Cats . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justplayalready » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm

mlfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
mlfan wrote: Also if he wouldnt have got those three free throws we deffinately wouldnt be having this conversation because Warwick would of WON...

First off, I don't care if it was a shot or a pass (it was a shot) when a defender fouls a player who has jumped in the air at the 3 point line, they will get 3 free throws. You just can't foul someone there. So it doesn't matter what he was doing, 90% of the time, he'll go to the line, thats basketball, deal with it.

Your above statement truly shows your absolutely terrible logic. You're saying if Warwick would have won, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Why? If they win it's not a bad call but if they lose its the worst call ever and cost them the game. The outcome of the game shouldn't influence your position on the call.

I'm going to take away from this game that Warwick is not very intelligent. Why on God's green earth would you sit in a 2-3 zone all game if your opponent is raining threes. CHANGE SOMETHING. Go to a 1-3-1, a 3-2, triangle and 2, man , something, anything. Also, I know Langstaff is a great player, but this just kinda goes along with the bad defense comments, one time Hagler has the ball on the wing facing away from the hoop. Langstaff tries to sneak out from the bottom of the zone and steal it from behind. Hagler obviously notices him and finds Grande standing as the only one left on that side of the court for a corner 3. He had already hit 2 or 3 of them in the quarter too. Have to be smarter than that. Times to gamble, and that is not one.

Yep keep talling your self that you might start to believe it. Warwick should of done this Warwick should of done that. Well obviously they were doing something right!!! If they didnt have to play 8 players that night they would of had that game easy . You are all in denial people, you can make any kind of excuse up if it makes you feel better, you people try and talk like others dont know what going on or what hteir talking aboutand that your always right...well hate to burtst your bubble people but theres hundreds of people who disagree... Theres only a few of you who comment on this site and you think your always right. Well your wrong.

This was the "perfect storm" for Warwick to take down NS...No Ironhawk, and NS has an easier time, Ironhawk the entire season and NS has an easier time. You cant tell me that NS defends Warwick using Ironhawk to screen then stepping back for a return and a three the same way they did last night...heck they go man all game with Grande and Hagler and switch at the screen(watch Grande stay with Langstaff a bit too long before the switch in the 4th when they run man), even if they force Ironhawk back a foot, he doesn't have the high % 3 numbers. Hagler is a good enough coach and he has disciplined enough kids to get a defense to counter Warwick with Ironhawk.

I'll go so far to say that NS would have played a different D against them tonite IF they saw Warwick with Ironhawk with two games...In this scenario it was huge that Warwick came in as a #2 (I'm not saying anything here :mrgreen: )
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 pm

I think I am looking more forward to watching the 3rd and 4th place game tonight as I am the championship! :shock: The 3rd place game could get crazy with Four Winds and Warwick playing "for fun"...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby KG4MVP » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

They need to get rid of the 3rd&4th place game, I agree with Beighly..its pointless.
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 pm

it may be pointless, but it is going to be entertaining tonight!
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mlfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:59 pm

The ones that are making excuses are the ones who know that NS did not win fair and square. they can try all they want and say what ever but like i said their are only a few who comment on this site and out there their are hundreds who disagree with what they are saying. People far and wide are saying what I am saying, so you guys can keep on saying it maybe you will believe your selves...sorry you are all out voted by hundreds.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

KG4MVP wrote:They need to get rid of the 3rd&4th place game, I agree with Beighly..its pointless.

They need to ask "the fan" at the door if they Think its pointless....if they say yes then tell them to go home
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:28 pm

mlfan wrote:NS did not win fair and square. they can try all they want and say what ever but like i said their are only a few who comment on this site and out there their are hundreds who disagree with what they are saying. People far and wide are saying what I am saying, so you guys can keep on saying it maybe you will believe your selves...sorry you are all out voted by hundreds.

Think and say whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night. No one I have talked to says the result of the game was impacted by the officiating, anymore than any other game is. You lost, it isnt going to change. Melvin had an amazing year and will be in the running for Mr. Basketball. Congrats!
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm

mlfan wrote:Yep keep talling your self that you might start to believe it. Warwick should of done this Warwick should of done that. Well obviously they were doing something right!!! If they didnt have to play 8 players that night they would of had that game easy . You are all in denial people, you can make any kind of excuse up if it makes you feel better, you people try and talk like others dont know what going on or what hteir talking aboutand that your always right...well hate to burtst your bubble people but theres hundreds of people who disagree... Theres only a few of you who comment on this site and you think your always right. Well your wrong.

No they apparently didn't do everything right since they lost. If they'd have changed something they probably could have given up less than 86 and won. As for the 8 players comment, that is irrelevant because I would be willing to bet they don't typically go more than 8 deep anyways.

Explain to me how it can be considered making an excuse if you are simply agreeing with the call that is made. It would be making an excuse when you disagree with the call and say that is why you lost. You obviously have a connection to Warwick and are upset at the loss, so you come on here and sound like a child whinning to everyone about how unfair everything is.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller030 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:15 pm

mlfan wrote:

but what you are saying is when he got fouled he was in the act of shooting by ur first sentence
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys