Region 4 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 Tourney

Postby vball10 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:54 pm

And Grande got his 1,000th point!
vball10
NDPreps Starter

Postby SlyOne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Northstar 64 New Rockford 48 final
SlyOne
NDPreps Reserve

Postby woodchuck10 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Ironhawk is playing for Warwick
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yadot » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:55 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:Ironhawk is playing for Warwick
Yup. My bad on posting that he wasn't going to play but that is what i heard saturday on the radio. Sorry for putting out incorrect information.
And congrats to Daniel Grande on his 1000th point of his career.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:
vikingman wrote:I'm assuming that it will be on KZZY as it has in the past:

http://www.lrradioworks.com/

There's a 'Listen Live' link at the top of the right column

Thanks vikingman. You would think they would put some kind of banner on the web site.

Anyway, I guess this means you are not doing a webcast. Are you at least going to post the highlights on the NS website? Thanks for all you do -- it helps this old alum stay connected.

====================
HighPlainsDrifter:
We can only webcast home games.
North Star Hi-lites -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2rhg-bF2pc

Tomorrow I'll probably include both teams (Warwick). They should be on about 2 1/2 hours after the game (youtube search tag nhsboysbb11)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I think what would really be cool is if someone actually played some defense on Hagler and Grande....put Ryan Chrest on them and he would be the highlight reel.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4mrnative » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 pm

I wondered how long it would take you to try to bait NS fans, Winner. Too bad you have to use Danny Grande's outstanding accomplishment as your latest low blow. "Winner-within", hunh. That's irony.
I'm sure Ryan Chrest is a fine young man and a good ballplayer. I'd love to see that match-up at state.
Congrats to Danny, Jake and the entire NS team for an outstanding season.
4mrnative
NDPreps Starter

Postby panthercub » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Winner you are a true JV poster! I bet when Chrest sees you next time(if he even knows who you are...my assumption probably not) but if he does he will probably play a lil defense on you! Get real winner!
Congrats to grande on reaching 1000 points!
panthercub
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2XSTATECHAMP » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 am

winner-with-in should be the happiest person in the world. he's always bragging on how good a defender chrest is and how paulson is the best player in the state. so he has his match-up. chrest can go out and prove he is the best by shutting down paulson tomorrow nite.
2XSTATECHAMP
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gray50 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 am

vball10 wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:After some early struggles Carrington is ahead of Benson Co. by 13 with 2:30 remaining. THey will definately have to step up their game to compete in the semi's.

I figured Carrington would have a easier game playing BC. Any insight on what is going on with Carrington or is BC just playing a really good game?

Carrington only had one 3 pointer. BC played better defense than Carrington saw in District Tourney. BC just didn't have the scorers to answer in 2nd half.
Gray50
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 am

Or Bresnahan....Jiskra.....etc etc .............Love the videos........but there is just no Defense anymore.......a player (as an opponent) either doesn't mind someone scoring, or they do.........Irony is this.....it could be the most run (last 2 seasons) of 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 point scorer's Class B has ever seen ????....Why? because of stellar D?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:00 am

You have to keep in mind that when you only see the scoring hi-lites, by definition you aren't going to be seeing good defense.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby 2XSTATECHAMP » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:09 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe winner won defensive player of the year 4 years straight. Hean still holds the record. I've seen hilites and wow I can see how the scores were so low back in the day.
2XSTATECHAMP
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

2XSTATECHAMP wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe winner won defensive player of the year 4 years straight. Hean still holds the record. I've seen hilites and wow I can see how the scores were so low back in the day.

Rebounds actually!! ....... :) go back to last years posts when i was supporting Cavaliers team and see how much Flack I took.........thats whats fun about ND PREPS......... :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 am

winner-within wrote:Or Bresnahan....Jiskra.....etc etc .............Love the videos........but there is just no Defense anymore.......a player (as an opponent) either doesn't mind someone scoring, or they do.........Irony is this.....it could be the most run (last 2 seasons) of 1,000, 1,500, 2,000 point scorer's Class B has ever seen ????....Why? because of stellar D?

Schools are getting smaller and talented kids are simply playing at an earlier age. More years = more points. Have a feeling this trend will continue.
On the flip side, younger kids means weaker kids (physically) having to guard older kids so there is some truth that defense has probably suffered.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby woodchuck10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am

Chrest and the cavalier boys sure did a number on Langstaf at class b day in DL..........what did be have only 49?
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:38 am

woodchuck10 wrote:Chrest and the cavalier boys sure did a number on Langstaf at class b day in DL..........what did be have only 49?

Isnt it Ironic.......seventeen threads about Hagler and NS.....mention one cavalier kid, and the Volcano erupts....say what you want but he's one of the TOP SOPHS in the state.....and I'll say that right on a REGION 4 thread..... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby mia305au » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm

interested to see Langstaff and Warwick take on North Star tonight.... Melvin may need to outscore Hagler and Grande to have a shot
mia305au
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ramsfan8 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Never seen Chrest play, don't doubt he is a top sophmore, Tanner Holte is one of the best Sophmore's I have seen this year from Des Lacs . . .

Also there is nothing wrong with NS . . . as a community they back and support their team(s). I could be wrong but it seems to be they have the best community spirit than any other community I have seen I am not born and raised there.
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm

winner-within wrote:
Isnt it Ironic.......seventeen threads about Hagler and NS.....mention one cavalier kid, and the Volcano erupts.

You could have said Brendan Dufner and a volcano would have erupted. It isn't that Chrest is from Cavalier it's that it is a ridiculous comment.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Carrington can't turn the ball over 20+ tonite and expect to have any chance at beating FWM, both these teams shot well yesterday, especially in 2nd half don't think that will continue...Warwick needs to again keep their turnovers less than 5, And shoot a bit a higher %, NS needs to step up the D like they did the 2nd half last night.

Both these games can go either way, I'll pick FWM and NS
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4mrnative » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm

winner-within wrote:
woodchuck10 wrote:Chrest and the cavalier boys sure did a number on Langstaf at class b day in DL..........what did be have only 49?

Isnt it Ironic.......seventeen threads about Hagler and NS.....mention one cavalier kid, and the Volcano erupts....say what you want but he's one of the TOP SOPHS in the state.....and I'll say that right on a REGION 4 thread..... :wink:

This is your vintage approach, Winner.
Make a statement designed to create as much commotion and controversy as you can generate...in this case, intentionally or not; castigating 2 very good athletes and young men...then turn the conversation to something totally unrelated: "mention one cavalier kid, and the Vocano erupts".
You push the buttons in an attempt to present a 'victimized' rebuttal.
I'm not buying it. Re-read the responses. Pretty much lauding Mr. Chrest...ok, maybe Woodchuck took a bit of a Region 4 dig (thanks, Woodchuck! ;).
I appreciate your insights and passion for the game, Winner. I don't begrudge you posting in a Region 4 post, that's just ludicrous...but the idea that you might be victimized here is laughable.

That said...(including you Winner!)...anyone else seeing the Warwick - NS game tonight as a good old fashioned barnburner?!
4mrnative
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Hey!! come on now......"Good Defense"....... is an insight to the game.....your not respecting that... it takes attitude and desire to stop a Good Player.....Remember MJ made the top 5 defenders many years....but he's known More for his OFFENSE to 98% of the general world population..........I love the vids.....but there's no D...there is simply no D.......most opponants out in that neck of the woods, I'm sure the refs included are watching as a fan
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Could someone please post updated scores of northstar game tonight. Thank you very much..
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:04 pm

http://www.devils-lake.k12.nd.us/activi ... /index.htm

click on game...updates ever 30 secs
Should give all the updates one would need
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys