Region 4 Tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 Tourney

Postby classB4ever » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 am

Have been a Region 4 follower for years. Got to go to the games last night and what a treat. Great atmosphere and what a crowd. It is really a shame that any of the teams had to lose last night. Congratulations to all 4 teams and their fans for putting on a great performance.
Would also like to add that I have been a fan of Melvin Langstaff throughout his career. What a performance and what a career by a great young man.
Best of luck to the remaining teams and make us proud Region 4.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 am

Oilers wrote:Being from out of state I was listening to Beighley last night … the guy is a legend. He made the comment this was the best night of basketball (multiple games) he had seen since the 94 Regional tournament. Does anyone else recall some great nights of Regional or District tournaments?

Beighley is a legend and probably the best sports radio announcer in the state, or even upper midwest. I think last night with 2 1-point games was about the same as 1994. I know Mwkn/Shey beat Leeds/Wolford by 1 that night and I believe the other semifinal was Carrington vs DP which also went down to the wire. DP with Scott Hanson and Forde went all the way to the state Champ before losing to an undefeated Minot Ryan team. But I can't remember any game that rivals the Warwick/NS shootout from last night. That was class B basketball from the 80s right there.....amazing! The only thing that could have made that better is if it was for the region crown.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 pm

How close is langstaff to 1000 points on the season and 2000 for career?
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:07 am

Oilers wrote:Being from out of state I was listening to Beighley last night … the guy is a legend. He made the comment this was the best night of basketball (multiple games) he had seen since the 94 Regional tournament. Does anyone else recall some great nights of Regional or District tournaments?

Beighly has picked up his call again this year...the Count it! Count IT! Count it ...and a foul!!!
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys