Region 2 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am

Flip wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Hatton-Northwood 69
Cavalier 62
Final

How many Paulson have?

He had only 18...thanks to Young Chrest!!.....Cav has a Future and a big one at that....to think this team Lost 8 seniors (who went to State as JR's) and then Bounced back into a Region 2 (toughest of all time) Semi game and lost by six to a potential State Champ.....its a Blessing in Disguise!! well, not now I guess... :mrgreen:

congrats TORNADOES ............ :P :P :P
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am

winner-within wrote:Region 2 (toughest of all time) Semi game

This may be a touch hyperbolic Winner. :D

But I can't hate on a guy who loves his team. Great year by the up and coming Tornadoes! Look out Region 2.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:56 am

EHS1998 wrote:
:D

This may be a touch hyperbolic Winner.

But I can't hate on a guy who loves his team. Great year by the up and coming Tornadoes! Look out Region 2.

:)
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:58 am

EHS1998 wrote:

This may be a touch hyperbolic Winner. :D

Thank you!.......theres Hyperbolic everywhere you go!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:
Cavalier 62
Final

How many Paulson have?

He had only 18...thanks to Young Chrest!!.....Cav has a Future and a big one at that....to think this team Lost 8 seniors (who went to State as JR's) and then Bounced back into a Region 2 (toughest of all time) Semi game and lost by six to a potential State Champ.....its a Blessing in Disguise!! well, not now I guess... :mrgreen:

I will say it is the toughest region of all time, but not the toughest this year ;)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby meatball77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

HN in championship over Grafton by 5
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Flip wrote:
Cavalier 62
Final

How many Paulson have?

I will say it is the toughest region of all time, but not the toughest this year ;)

We'll see.. :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Rediculously busy tournement schedule this week. Grafton's sports fans will have to choose between watching the boys basketball region championship or the first round game of Grafton vs Bismarck Century in state hockey. 500 feet apart and being played at the same time. :?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

old#63 wrote:Rediculously busy tournement schedule this week. Grafton's sports fans will have to choose between watching the boys basketball region championship or the first round game of Grafton vs Bismarck Century in state hockey. 500 feet apart and being played at the same time. :?

Hands down b ball. From what I've heard its going to be warmer in the b ball game temp wize but the Heat is on the hockey team with some tight wins lately. Ill go with THE RUN...2012 and the HOCKEY CELEBRATE lingo with a SPOILER SWEEP thursday...
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 pm

kingjames101 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Rediculously busy tournement schedule this week. Grafton's sports fans will have to choose between watching the boys basketball region championship or the first round game of Grafton vs Bismarck Century in state hockey. 500 feet apart and being played at the same time. :?

Hands down b ball. From what I've heard its going to be warmer in the b ball game temp wize but the Heat is on the hockey team with some tight wins lately. Ill go with THE RUN...2012 and the HOCKEY CELEBRATE lingo with a SPOILER SWEEP thursday...

Sorry, gonna have to be hockey for me. Like I've said before, Grafton is a hockey town. Until you've lived it, you just can't understand. I'm hoping for the sweep though. :D
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Hockey? I thought they had the state tournament last weekend and Red River won? First day of hockey tournament is a waste of time. JMO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 pm

old#63 wrote:
kingjames101 wrote:

Sorry, gonna have to be hockey for me. Like I've said before, Grafton is a hockey town. Until you've lived it, you just can't understand. I'm hoping for the sweep though. :D

Seems to me they are humming in a few Sports.....much Thanks to their SIZE of town and Wallets!!!... :mrgreen:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 pm

winner-within wrote:
old#63 wrote:
kingjames101 wrote:

Seems to me they are humming in a few Sports.....much Thanks to their SIZE of town and Wallets!!!... :mrgreen:

Hopefully they "RUN" back to class A, where they belong
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:15 pm

packers21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
old#63 wrote:
kingjames101 wrote:

Hopefully they "RUN" back to class A, where they belong

Whoa!!........Post of the day... :P :P :P :P ...BELOW THE BELT!!.. :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm

ndfan wrote:Hockey? I thought they had the state tournament last weekend and Red River won? First day of hockey tournament is a waste of time. JMO

Careful there, ndfan, we don't need anything that Century can put up on the locker room bulletin board. Grafton wasn't exactly the "miracle on ice" in the EDC tourney. :wink:

And that was a pretty clever one there, packer21. :)
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

winner-within wrote:Seems to me they are humming in a few Sports.....much Thanks to their SIZE of town and Wallets!!!... :mrgreen:

Yeah, at roughly 4,200 (2010 Census) and an enrollment of 257 (2011-12), Grafton is huge. :roll:

packers21 wrote:Hopefully they "RUN" back to class A, where they belong

Class A is a division for ND schools with an enrollment of 325 and above. That being said, what makes YOU think Grafton with an enrollment clearly below the cutoff belongs in Class A?

Packers21's ideal setup would look like this:

EDC
West Fargo: 2,030
G.F. Red River: 1,112
Fargo South: 1,092
Fargo Davies: 1,056
Fargo North: 1,006
G.F. Central: 929
Devils Lake: 532
Wahpeton: 396
Valley City: 353
Fargo Shanley: 325
Grafton (257) - St. Thomas (30): 287

Region 2
Larimore: 165
MPCG: 156
Fordville-Lankin (24) - Park River (129): 153
Hatton (71) –Northwood (80): 151
Midway (77) – Minto (66): 143
North Border: 137
Thompson: 126
Cavalier: 126
Hillsboro: 117
Drayton (40)-Valley-Edinburg (69): 109
Griggs County Central: 98
Dakota Prairie: 86
Central Valley: 78

:lol:

You kids will really be upset once Valley City, Wahpeton and perhaps Shanley move down to Class B.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm

This is a Class B boys basketball thread. correct? in the past posters complain that Grafton has an unfair advantage becuase of their enrollment. As i have stated in the past, this IS true when it comes to Girls Basketball but NOT true when it comes to boys basketball. Hockey takes at least half of the male athletes in Graftons school system. I expect the same old posters to try dispute these facts so, here we go again. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:49 pm

I think what got everybody going Wanderer is when old63 started spouting Hockey....remember it is a Class B thread.....I see what we (Cav) have up against us in the elementary grades where it will matters with me and its an uphill battle........but I don't want any school to back up....I am for speeding consolidation and building schools....Period

And I wanna Subway in my town... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm

one advantage grafton does have due to the size is the facilities available. This gives more gym, ice or field time per individual athlete. How about a shout out for boys athletics in Grafton. with 180+ total male athletes they won the AA football and place 2nd in hockey, baseball and basketball in the last 12 months. JMHO go spoilers
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby AllBallFan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Region 2 Venue:
I wander what people think of the atmosphere at the Betty. I saw some clips of tourneys from other Regions and those venues seemed to maintain the Class B atmosphere a lot more than the Betty. The Betty while beautiful, seems to spread fans too much. The above mentioned facilities in Grafton were pretty awesome during Districts, not sure what District 3 might have for options. Added to that - my family of 5 costing us $80/night verses $50/night in Grafton. Anyone else feeling lost in the Betty?
AllBallFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 pm

winner-within wrote:I think what got everybody going Wanderer is when old63 started spouting Hockey....remember it is a Class B thread.....I see what we (Cav) have up against us in the elementary grades where it will matters with me and its an uphill battle........but I don't want any school to back up....I am for speeding consolidation and building schools....Period

In defense of my "spouting Hockey" and this being a "class B thread", I'll say that my same comments would also apply if Park River, Drayton, or Minto would have made it to the Boys Regional Basketball Championship game. All of those towns would have had hockey conflicts as well.

People are so touchy. :D
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:43 pm

AllBallFan wrote:Region 2 Venue:
I wander what people think of the atmosphere at the Betty. I saw some clips of tourneys from other Regions and those venues seemed to maintain the Class B atmosphere a lot more than the Betty. The Betty while beautiful, seems to spread fans too much. The above mentioned facilities in Grafton were pretty awesome during Districts, not sure what District 3 might have for options. Added to that - my family of 5 costing us $80/night verses $50/night in Grafton. Anyone else feeling lost in the Betty?

Price not the end of the world. Longer drive I live with it cuz they don't care. As for grafton I would do that in a heart beat the house is packed, the house is a rockin, Wanderer don't come a knockin. I know there was some bad weather but doesn't stop most people from coming so I have noticed the numbers are really down in the betty this year and were last year too. But this year is worse again.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm

old#63 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I think what got everybody going Wanderer is when old63 started spouting Hockey....remember it is a Class B thread.....I see what we (Cav) have up against us in the elementary grades where it will matters with me and its an uphill battle........but I don't want any school to back up....I am for speeding consolidation and building schools....Period

In defense of my "spouting Hockey" and this being a "class B thread", I'll say that my same comments would also apply if Park River, Drayton, or Minto would have made it to the Boys Regional Basketball Championship game. All of those towns would have had hockey conflicts as well.

People are so touchy. :D

Didn't Bother me....we (Cav) have Bigger fish to Fry than Grafton with just Park River/FL in the 5 years down the road fopr Boys and Girls Basketball........Unbelievable amount of Ball Players coming up the pipe.....

and Just think if Midway Minto went their (PR/FL) way they would be at 296 total and still be Class B...................Cavalier needs a new Gymnasium....otherwise they're going to be known for Football For the future too.....with those numbers falling to 9-man... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 pm

If we go with north border we still come in less than grafton numbers now and park river will be there soon to.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm

AllBallFan wrote:Region 2 Venue:

Tickets at the Betty are $10 for an adult and $7 for students...So far a family of 5 it should cost at most if you were all adults $50 not $80...And the Betty is a beautiful facility that makes fans happy with there comfy seating...In todays day in age i personally dont fans cheer as loud as they did in the past. Only time you hear them is to hollar at the refs about making a bad call.
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys