Region 2 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby meatball77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Why have it in Grafton? Home court advantage? No one should have home court advantage...that is why about 3 to 4 other regions should change their home for the region tournament. That is why it should stay at the Betty...If it supposedly spreads you out....sit together...not a hard concept....
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 am

Unity77 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Seems to me they are humming in a few Sports.....much Thanks to their SIZE of town and Wallets!!!... :mrgreen:

Yeah, at roughly 4,200 (2010 Census) and an enrollment of 257 (2011-12), Grafton is huge. :roll:

packers21 wrote:Hopefully they "RUN" back to class A, where they belong

Class A is a division for ND schools with an enrollment of 325 and above. That being said, what makes YOU think Grafton with an enrollment clearly below the cutoff belongs in Class A?

Packers21's ideal setup would look like this:

EDC
West Fargo: 2,030
G.F. Red River: 1,112
Fargo South: 1,092
Fargo Davies: 1,056
Fargo North: 1,006
G.F. Central: 929
Devils Lake: 532
Wahpeton: 396
Valley City: 353
Fargo Shanley: 325
Grafton (257) - St. Thomas (30): 287

Region 2
Larimore: 165
MPCG: 156
Fordville-Lankin (24) - Park River (129): 153
Hatton (71) –Northwood (80): 151
Midway (77) – Minto (66): 143
North Border: 137
Thompson: 126
Cavalier: 126
Hillsboro: 117
Drayton (40)-Valley-Edinburg (69): 109
Griggs County Central: 98
Dakota Prairie: 86
Central Valley: 78

:lol:

You kids will really be upset once Valley City, Wahpeton and perhaps Shanley move down to Class B.

WOW, THANKS SO MUCH UNITY77 for telling me what I want, maybe if this preps thing doesn't work out for you, you should run for office. All I was doing was make a little joke, winner and old63 got it.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:11 am

And as for having it at the Betty, I do not believe there is a better place in the state for a regional basketball tournament. Perfect location, if you dont like the prices go out and eat b4 and sneak a water in, not to hard to figure out.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

I can't believe its $10 and $7 to get into the tourney there. The Betty must get $3+ a ticket then as part of the deal. Region 4 is $6 and $4 to get in. With those prices, I don't care how nice it is, doubt I would be heading there for all 3 nights of action with the family.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am

packers21 wrote:And as for having it at the Betty, I do not believe there is a better place in the state for a regional basketball tournament. Perfect location, if you dont like the prices go out and eat b4 and sneak a water in, not to hard to figure out.

What I dont like about the Betty is the Refs get to be far away from the crowd and they wont go near the coaches either......H/N hollered something at Perius (not TOM) while Cav was going for a lay up.....the Ref T'd him up... Cav makes the layup and but it was called off because of the T...I thought the rule was to wait for a dead ball...Robbed!!......I actually think the place is to big for the refs vs for the Players.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I can't believe its $10 and $7 to get into the tourney there. The Betty must get $3+ a ticket then as part of the deal. Region 4 is $6 and $4 to get in. With those prices, I don't care how nice it is, doubt I would be heading there for all 3 nights of action with the family.

The folks at the Concessions are Professionals too.... they take a 10 year old kid (or an adult) and when you order Popcorn or pizza they say "What do you want to drink??).....its commercial City when you roll into the Betty...$50 dollar bill doesn't go far
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 am

If you compare those prices at 3 nights of basketball to the reserved tickets at the state tourney they are pretty close to the same cost. But for the state tourney, you can watch 4 games all three days.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 am

ndlionsfan wrote:If you compare those prices at 3 nights of basketball to the reserved tickets at the state tourney they are pretty close to the same cost. But for the state tourney, you can watch 4 games all three days.

Its a Beautiful Venue....named after a Beautiful Person.....Donated by a very Generous Family....I know for certain it would all work out just fine if the Prices were normal....If that's where we would have had to go when we were kids there would have been no way our family would have gotten too...Just wasnt enough to go around!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 am

ndlionsfan wrote:If you compare those prices at 3 nights of basketball to the reserved tickets at the state tourney they are pretty close to the same cost. But for the state tourney, you can watch 4 games all three days.

I've got receipt from Monday night at the betty and it cost me $14 for two adults and I only paid $7 for one adult ticket Tuesday.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby meatball77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:05 am

Just saying people are complaining that it should be back in grafton....I dont think it should because there would be home court advantage...IMO
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:29 am

meatball77 wrote:Just saying people are complaining that it should be back in grafton....I dont think it should because there would be home court advantage...IMO

I like it at the Betty......I remember Playing Districts in Cavalier my senior year, we lost by 1 in OT, to Cavalier on their Home Court....we had beat them by 10 on our home court the Night after we beat Valley on their home court...during the season....both big District games....

we beat Lankin that year twice, by 3 point both times, and they lost by 6 to Munich in the Region finals in Langdon (Langdon was Class A yet)......so Home Court is Huge and fair reffing is even as Huge....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:34 am

I like the Betty, too. It is by far the nicest basketball facility in the Region 2 area. It's a nuetral floor. The atmosphere is mostly based on the competativeness of the games. The place isn't going to get rocking until there's a close shootout. And then the Betty has as much atmosphere as anywhere. I'm pretty sure the Betty upcharges a $1 facility charge that goes onto the ticket price, so that is why the adult price is $7 compared to other regionals that are $6.

I'm less thrilled with the state hockey games at the Ralph.

But, the ticket takers are going to get $64 out of me tonight. My wife and I, along with 2 kids will go to the regional BB game 7+7+5+5 = $24 and then skip over and watch the state hockey game 13+13+7+7 = $40. Plus some popcorn and sodas. Won't be much left out of a $100 bill. :)
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 am

Well if its $7 and $5 for tickets that isn't bad. Someone earlier had posted it was $10 for adults and $7 for kids.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby meatball77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 am

ya that was my bad it is 7 and 5
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:44 pm

packers21 wrote:WOW, THANKS SO MUCH UNITY77 for telling me what I want, maybe if this preps thing doesn't work out for you, you should run for office. All I was doing was make a little joke, winner and old63 got it.

How was I to know you were making a little joke and not just making yet another snide remark about Grafton being a Class B school? I don't know you or your views and being we are posting on an Internet forum it's sometimes hard to know if one is joking or being serious.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Unity77 wrote:
packers21 wrote:WOW, THANKS SO MUCH UNITY77 for telling me what I want, maybe if this preps thing doesn't work out for you, you should run for office. All I was doing was make a little joke, winner and old63 got it.

How was I to know you were making a little joke and not just making yet another snide remark about Grafton being a Class B school? I don't know you or your views and being we are posting on an Internet forum it's sometimes hard to know if one is joking or being serious.

Well you didnt seem have a problem knowing all my other views on larger schools and how I feel about them! I dont know have problem with Grafton being a B school, I don't think they needed St. Thomas. If you wanna talk about co-oping and realignments bring up that thread and lets talk. Ill leave this one for the Region 2 Champ game tonight.

HN 65 Grafton 63
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 pm

packers21 wrote:Well you didnt seem have a problem knowing all my other views on larger schools and how I feel about them! I dont know have problem with Grafton being a B school, I don't think they needed St. Thomas. If you wanna talk about co-oping and realignments bring up that thread and lets talk. Ill leave this one for the Region 2 Champ game tonight.

HN 65 Grafton 63

You have it mixed up. St. Thomas needs Grafton in order for its kids to play a certain sport and at a competitive level. The handful of kids from Park River, Minto, etc... need Grafton if they want to play hockey. These kids don't have any other option if they want to play a certain sport or try to compete at a certain level. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but what other options are there when the vast majority of the state's cities / towns and most importantly, its schools are dying? I don't think we are too far off from seeing one or two schools per county, which really irritates me.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Unity77 wrote:
packers21 wrote:Well you didnt seem have a problem knowing all my other views on larger schools and how I feel about them! I dont know have problem with Grafton being a B school, I don't think they needed St. Thomas. If you wanna talk about co-oping and realignments bring up that thread and lets talk. Ill leave this one for the Region 2 Champ game tonight.

HN 65 Grafton 63

You have it mixed up. St. Thomas needs Grafton in order for its kids to play a certain sport and at a competitive level. The handful of kids from Park River, Minto, etc... need Grafton if they want to play hockey. These kids don't have any other option if they want to play a certain sport or try to compete at a certain level. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily, but what other options are there when the vast majority of the state's cities / towns and most importantly, its schools are dying? I don't think we are too far off from seeing one or two schools per county, which really irritates me.

This is really off topic, so I started a new one called Grafton's sports coops to present my views on it.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Radio guy during championship game
You can kill guys underneath the basket. You look at a guy cross eyed on the perimeter it's a foul.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

They let them play for the most part tonight. There were a few questionable calls that went against both teams but the refs were pretty consistent IMO.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby meatball77 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 am

A few key calls against Hatton Northwood kind of made them lose there momentum, Grafton never had fouls called on them in key situations, they just turned it over.
meatball77
NDPreps Starter

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am

ndfan wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Semi Final Games
Cavalier vs. Hatton/Northwood
Thompson vs. Grafton

H/N beat Cavalier in Cavalier by 10 early in the season and Grafton beat Thompson by 29 points last game of season in Grafton.

I'm gonna take H/N and Grafton to win in closer games though.

Come pick me up and I'll go to the Betty with you tonight, GO SPOILERS

Why? You wanna come see the best spoiler to ever wear the #23 play tonight?? haha i kid i kid. You still the best in my book. I'd say save your money for the Thursday night championship game!

It was Tuesday night or nothing, I'm already in Colorado. Who do we have in round 1?
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 am

spoilers23 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Semi Final Games
Cavalier vs. Hatton/Northwood
Thompson vs. Grafton

H/N beat Cavalier in Cavalier by 10 early in the season and Grafton beat Thompson by 29 points last game of season in Grafton.

I'm gonna take H/N and Grafton to win in closer games though.

Come pick me up and I'll go to the Betty with you tonight, GO SPOILERS

Why? You wanna come see the best spoiler to ever wear the #23 play tonight?? haha i kid i kid. You still the best in my book. I'd say save your money for the Thursday night championship game!

It was Tuesday night or nothing, I'm already in Colorado. Who do we have in round 1?

#1 team in the state me boy, North Star
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am

by winner-within » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 am

I think its an absolute shame that My Post got deleted .........I had picked the Grafton.....62 to 54 (exactly what H/N scored) I had posted it before I left work.... couldn't make the game.......I broke down the Game the way I thought it would play out and it was real close.....Really really stupid to be that jealous!!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird

winner-within
NDPreps Legend

winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys