Region 2 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 tournament

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I think three teams right now have a realistic chance of winning this region and that's grafton, hatton/northwood and cavalier. I think it will be grafton and h/n in the championship game this year. Love to hear others opinions.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby thewanderer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 pm

highest percentage of likelyhood. Tho i am picking Cav to upset H-N. JMHO
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm

thewanderer wrote:highest percentage of likelyhood. Tho i am picking Cav to upset H-N. JMHO


If that happens then Grafton has the easiest road to the state tournament. JMHO
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:highest percentage of likelyhood. Tho i am picking Cav to upset H-N. JMHO

:lol:
If that happens then Grafton has the easiest road to the state tournament. JMHO
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
User avatar
kingjames101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 am

kingjames101 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:highest percentage of likelyhood. Tho i am picking Cav to upset H-N. JMHO

:lol:
If that happens then Grafton has the easiest road to the state tournament. JMHO
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Glad you agree Kingjames cause its true :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 am

ndfan wrote:
thewanderer wrote:highest percentage of likelyhood. Tho i am picking Cav to upset H-N. JMHO


If that happens then Grafton has the easiest road to the state tournament. JMHO


There is no easy road to State...(especially if you get Fair refs)....with Graftons Style of play last year (totally different game this year) they had a chance of going and they did.

Believe me....who ever they meet in the semis or the finals, it will be a Challenge........Remember we're talking Region 2, one of the most dominant regions in the history of Class B......like I said if you get them MN Refs back to the Betty that you had in Grafton.....and you give them that little Houdek wink and smile before the game than yes anybody may as well forfeit ..... 8)
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby thewanderer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 am

c'mon winner, those mn refs just let the kids play in genereal. Go on Grafton's web page and watch the game again. Promise to be objective. i went back and watched the game myself. yes they let alot of fouls go. i reversed and watched the charge foul about ten times. Truth is it could have went either way, but it wasnt an obvious bad call. Not every one sees the same event the same when you throw passion into it. it is easy for me to sit back and say, yeah that was a charge, becuase Grafton won the game. Cav's got a great team IMO. Good, bad or indifferent the D4 champ. game is in the past. Good luck to all of the D4 teams in the R2 tourny. If my prediction comes tru Cav will have another shot at Grafton in the R2 Championship game. May all the best teams win. :!: :) JMHO.
User avatar
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am

You saw the wink? Nobody was suppose to see "the wink". Question for ya winner, would you start Brock Robbins now or keep having him come off the bench? Just seems to me he helps give cavalier better chance to win. Jmho
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 am

thewanderer wrote:c'mon winner, those mn refs just let the kids play in genereal. Go on Grafton's web page and watch the game again. Promise to be objective. i went back and watched the game myself. yes they let alot of fouls go. i reversed and watched the charge foul about ten times. Truth is it could have went either way, but it wasnt an obvious bad call. Not every one sees the same event the same when you throw passion into it. it is easy for me to sit back and say, yeah that was a charge, becuase Grafton won the game. Cav's got a great team IMO. Good, bad or indifferent the D4 champ. game is in the past. Good luck to all of the D4 teams in the R2 tourny. If my prediction comes tru Cav will have another shot at Grafton in the R2 Championship game. May all the best teams win. :!: :) JMHO.



ha ha Wanderer ....I'm just giving jabs I like to keep things rattled up....I'm in the seat you guys were in last year and your in the seat I was in (as far as ND Preps in concerned) and it was agony of the defeat.....the whole world wanted my boys of 11" to go down......I did see the same play the other night in College ball and the player got the bucket and went to the line....No Biggy...had cavalier not thrown the ball away in the lasts minutes of the game they may have squeaked out a win regardless of what I call "questionable reffing"..Cavalier isn't as good as H/N or Grafton....but then again Grafton wasn't as Good as Cavalier last year.....they won when it counted!!........ :D
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:05 pm

ndfan wrote:You saw the wink? Nobody was suppose to see "the wink". Question for ya winner, would you start Brock Robbins now or keep having him come off the bench? Just seems to me he helps give cavalier better chance to win. Jmho



I like Brocks game...hes fairly headsy, doesn't mind contact, and gets more boards than all but Spense and Chrest.

Now that the JV is done playing I would start him, No question!... I would tell him he is on a thin rope and that the reason we are starting you is to get the transition game going immediately ....nothing wrong with a Jump start in any game and I think he could give that.......His biggest asset is rebounds....starting him may get him in foul trouble but that's how he learns.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby old#63 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Is Lundquist good to go for regionals? I haven't heard.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:01 pm

old#63 wrote:Is Lundquist good to go for regionals? I haven't heard.


From what I've heard is he could have played in the cavalier game but since they had a spot in regionals locked up already they just rested him, so he should be a go.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 pm

I think Grafton is the favorite to go to state but Mike Paulson is playing at an extremely high level right now. It is gonna be interesting to see if anyone can stop him.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby old#63 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Grafton's "run" in the regionals will be based almost entirely on how they perform on the defensive end of the court. In past years, that has been the sole reason that Grafton has emerged as Region 2 champs. I have them picked to win the region again this year, but that is a pick based mostly on my heart. Honestly, I have seen glimmers of the defensive team that are capaple of being, but for the most part Grafton has not performed to their potential. I want to believe they can perform like the region championship team of last year. The one that shut down Cavalier, one of the highest performing offensives I've watched since the May-Port teams of the 90's. But I just haven't seen that defensive consistency yet.
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

cubsfan wrote:I think Grafton is the favorite to go to state but Mike Paulson is playing at an extremely high level right now. It is gonna be interesting to see if anyone can stop him.


I'm sure Mike and crew will have something to say about all this too
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby NDplayin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:58 pm

REGION 2
D3 #1 Hatton-Northwood vs. D4 #4 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
D4 #2 Cavalier vs. D3 #3 Griggs County Central
D4 #1 Grafton vs. D3 #4 Hillsboro
D3 #2 Thompson vs. D4 #3 Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood vs Cavalier
Grafton vs. Park River- FL

Hatton-Northwood vs. Grafton
NDplayin
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:59 pm

NDplayin wrote:REGION 2
D3 #1 Hatton-Northwood vs. D4 #4 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
D4 #2 Cavalier vs. D3 #3 Griggs County Central
D4 #1 Grafton vs. D3 #4 Hillsboro
D3 #2 Thompson vs. D4 #3 Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood vs Cavalier
Grafton vs. Park River- FL

Hatton-Northwood vs. Grafton



My picks are the same
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3150
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

I have to agree with Cubsfan and Winner. Paulson is such a complete player. Does anyone in the region come close to the entire package that is Mike Paulson right now? There is certainly no one in District 3. And I have to say that I have not seen Grafton and Cavalier this year, so I'm curious if anyone thinks there is anyone in District 4 that has Paulson's complete game.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
User avatar
Hinsa
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:53 am
Location: THE Red River Valley Conference

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 pm

Hinsa wrote:I have to agree with Cubsfan and Winner. Paulson is such a complete player. Does anyone in the region come close to the entire package that is Mike Paulson right now? There is certainly no one in District 3. And I have to say that I have not seen Grafton and Cavalier this year, so I'm curious if anyone thinks there is anyone in District 4 that has Paulson's complete game.


Like I have stated earlier in the season......Mike went through a very serious Infection that took some time for him to even get clearance to play....in has been an uphill climb to get his game tuned in to the caliber of some of the top in the State....I would take him over Hagler personally...Why? because of his height & Jumping ability, wingspan ....

when all said and done 3 years from now, I say he is doing what any other JR or SR from ND... A or B (when it comes to BBall) will be doing or more.JMO
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Hinsa wrote:I have to agree with Cubsfan and Winner. Paulson is such a complete player. Does anyone in the region come close to the entire package that is Mike Paulson right now? There is certainly no one in District 3. And I have to say that I have not seen Grafton and Cavalier this year, so I'm curious if anyone thinks there is anyone in District 4 that has Paulson's complete game.

Nope there is not. There are players that could and can score like him but as a package deal they don't have the height like he does to complete the package. Basketball is a game of skill and you can teach skills, you can teach patience, you can teach and increase speed, but you can not teach HEIGHT.........
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
User avatar
kingjames101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

where can I find these games on the radio or the web?
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Flip wrote:where can I find these games on the radio or the web?

106.7 fm kxpo is on webcast also
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
User avatar
kingjames101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 pm

thanks
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 pm

do you know the website, I can't find anything when I google that
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Region 2 tournament

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Flip wrote:do you know the website, I can't find anything when I google that

Kmav.com I think
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
User avatar
kingjames101
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 am

Next

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest