Region Tourney Predictions

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

And also Ben Laufer is a good player...just still outside my top 5 of the district.

1. Landon Lechler
2. Kaine Hanson
3. Nate Fries
4. Chad Mosbrucker
5. Jordan Strecker
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Mike Ditka wrote:Very quickly I will respond and say that I certainly didn't intend to talk about that accident in a way that made it seemed I didn't care. We obviously both enjoy hoops but there are much more important things, like all of there lives that could have been taken in that accident. The way you took that, was not my intent.

Now...I am from South Heart, which really doesn't matter. H.R. is my 2nd favorite team around here, and I have seen NE and HR play great games against each other. I picked NE the beginning of the year, and I'm sticking with it. My connection, is I like their coach. I would say the order is...

1. Beulah
2. Trinity
3. New England
4. Heart River
5. Hazen
6. Bowman
7. Mott
8. Killdeer

Did you see Mott play in our district tourney Schwab...it was not pretty.

On a light note...your guys' radio announcer is the best ref on the sideline...of all time. (Hettinger radio)


I did see them play against Bowman, and they didn't play poorly IMO, they just ran into a red hot Bowman team that night. I am shocked at the progress that Bowman has made this year, they might be the team to come out of this region next year, but I feel they are a year away. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any of my top 6 teams I listed, no disrespect to Bowman or Killdeer but I just don't feel that they can win 3 in a row against this competition, win the whole thing. I think one thing is for sure, whoever comes out of this region will be putting on a show at the state tournament.

And your top 5 are all very good players, I would still put Ben at the top of the list. Just my opinion.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2913
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Bisonguy06 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 pm

There ya go Ditka, I was just looking for you to be honest and state that you're rooting for New England because of a personal connection to their coach. Nothing wrong with that!

And it's not about the rest of us rooting against New England. It would be a GREAT small school story if New England made it to the state tournament. I just want some honest analysis here. NE can win the tournament, but it would be an upset if they beat Beulah and Trinity, as you admitted in your own 1-8 rankings. (I give them even odds against Hazen, Heart River and Mott-Regent).

Your original comment was basically, "let's hand the 2nd place trophy to the loser of the Beulah/New England game." That didn't sit well with me, given all the other talent we have in this tournament. It's going to be a fun one.

One more note - our Region 7 champ appears destined for a state tournament first round matchup with Central Cass unless an upset occurs out east. They have an excellent squad. Our region has great depth this year, but is our champ any better than Central Cass? I'm not sure. Someone is going to win a region 7 championship next Thursday, but let's not crown them with anything more than that.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby timberwolf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I guess I'll start it off by predicting each Region:

REGION 1
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Oak Grove over Kindred (homer pick -> definitely possible though)
Central Cass over Maple Valley

3rd Place: Maple Valley over Kindred
Championship: Central Cass over Oak Grove


Woah! a blast from the past just came in and sensors indicate some wrong predictions :o... here are Cosmo Cool's predictions for the first two rounds:
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Milnor or Kindred
Maple Valley over Central

The rest can be decided itself.
Run4Happiness
timberwolf
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby MrBIGboii » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I guess I'll start it off by predicting each Region:

REGION 1
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Oak Grove over Kindred (homer pick -> definitely possible though)
Central Cass over Maple Valley

3rd Place: Maple Valley over Kindred
Championship: Central Cass over Oak Grove

REGION 2
Hatton-Northwood over Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
Cavalier over Griggs County Central
Grafton over Hillsboro
Thompson over Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

3rd Place: Cavalier over Thompson
Championship: Hatton-Northwood over Grafton

REGION 3
LaMoure over South Border
Linton-HMB over P-B-K
Napoleon over Central Prairie
Edgeley-Kulm over Strasburg/Zeeland

LaMoure over Linton-HMB (this one was tough to pick)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

3rd Place: Linton-HMB over Edgeley-Kulm
Championship: LaMoure over Napoleon (another tough pick)

REGION 4
Carrrington over Benson County
Four Winds-Minnewauken over St. John
North Star over New Rockford-Sheyenne
Warwick over Munich-Starkweather

Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick

3rd Place: Warwick over Carrington (redemption -> Langstaff could go for 60)
Championship: North Star over Four Winds-Minnewauken (closest postseason game for North Star < 10 pts)

REGION 5
Shiloh Christian over Wilton-Wing
Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Standing Rock
Washburn over New Salem-Almont
Garrison over Flasher

Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Garrison over Washburn (upset pick)

3rd Place: Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Washburn
Championship: Shiloh Christian over Garrison

REGION 6
Bottineau over Glenburn (could be a high scoring game)
Des Lacs-Burlington over Dunseith
Berthold over Westhope-Newburg
Rugby over Bishop Ryan (I smell Overtime)

Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

3rd Place: Rugby over Des Lacs-Burlington
Championship: Berthold over Bottineau (great game)

REGION 7
Heart River over Killdeer
Dickinson Trinity over Mott-Regent (could see the upset though)
Beulah over New England (could see the upset though)
Hazen over Bowman County

Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

3rd Place: Hazen over Heart River
Championship: Beulah over Dickinson Trinity

REGION 8
New Town over Ray
Trenton over North Shore-Plaza
Divide County over Watford City
Powers Lake over Stanley

Trenton over New Town (slight upset pick)
Divide County over Powers Lake

3rd Place: New Town over Powers Lake
Championship: Trenton over Divide County (upset title pick)

These predictions would set up State this way:

Shiloh Christian vs. Trenton
Hatton-Northwood vs. North Star
LaMoure vs. Berthold
Central Cass vs. Beulah



I hope you aren't for real on some of these....don't be nieve Run.
Watch the throne.
MrBIGboii
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm

MrBIGboii wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I guess I'll start it off by predicting each Region:

REGION 1
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Oak Grove over Kindred (homer pick -> definitely possible though)
Central Cass over Maple Valley

3rd Place: Maple Valley over Kindred
Championship: Central Cass over Oak Grove

REGION 2
Hatton-Northwood over Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
Cavalier over Griggs County Central
Grafton over Hillsboro
Thompson over Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

3rd Place: Cavalier over Thompson
Championship: Hatton-Northwood over Grafton

REGION 3
LaMoure over South Border
Linton-HMB over P-B-K
Napoleon over Central Prairie
Edgeley-Kulm over Strasburg/Zeeland

LaMoure over Linton-HMB (this one was tough to pick)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

3rd Place: Linton-HMB over Edgeley-Kulm
Championship: LaMoure over Napoleon (another tough pick)

REGION 4
Carrrington over Benson County
Four Winds-Minnewauken over St. John
North Star over New Rockford-Sheyenne
Warwick over Munich-Starkweather

Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick

3rd Place: Warwick over Carrington (redemption -> Langstaff could go for 60)
Championship: North Star over Four Winds-Minnewauken (closest postseason game for North Star < 10 pts)

REGION 5
Shiloh Christian over Wilton-Wing
Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Standing Rock
Washburn over New Salem-Almont
Garrison over Flasher

Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Garrison over Washburn (upset pick)

3rd Place: Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Washburn
Championship: Shiloh Christian over Garrison

REGION 6
Bottineau over Glenburn (could be a high scoring game)
Des Lacs-Burlington over Dunseith
Berthold over Westhope-Newburg
Rugby over Bishop Ryan (I smell Overtime)

Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

3rd Place: Rugby over Des Lacs-Burlington
Championship: Berthold over Bottineau (great game)

REGION 7
Heart River over Killdeer
Dickinson Trinity over Mott-Regent (could see the upset though)
Beulah over New England (could see the upset though)
Hazen over Bowman County

Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

3rd Place: Hazen over Heart River
Championship: Beulah over Dickinson Trinity

REGION 8
New Town over Ray
Trenton over North Shore-Plaza
Divide County over Watford City
Powers Lake over Stanley

Trenton over New Town (slight upset pick)
Divide County over Powers Lake

3rd Place: New Town over Powers Lake
Championship: Trenton over Divide County (upset title pick)

These predictions would set up State this way:

Shiloh Christian vs. Trenton
Hatton-Northwood vs. North Star
LaMoure vs. Berthold
Central Cass vs. Beulah



I hope you aren't for real on some of these....don't be nieve Run.


I guess we'll see...I love when people 'trash' others predictions when they themselves don't make any predictions...
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby bison football73 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Mike Ditka wrote:Very quickly I will respond and say that I certainly didn't intend to talk about that accident in a way that made it seemed I didn't care. We obviously both enjoy hoops but there are much more important things, like all of there lives that could have been taken in that accident. The way you took that, was not my intent.

Now...I am from South Heart, which really doesn't matter. H.R. is my 2nd favorite team around here, and I have seen NE and HR play great games against each other. I picked NE the beginning of the year, and I'm sticking with it. My connection, is I like their coach. I would say the order is...

1. Beulah
2. Trinity
3. New England
4. Heart River
5. Hazen
6. Bowman
7. Mott
8. Killdeer

Did you see Mott play in our district tourney Schwab...it was not pretty.

On a light note...your guys' radio announcer is the best ref on the sideline...of all time. (Hettinger radio)


I think the reason are jumping at you ditka is because of the manner in which you stated your opinion. It came off as condesending and demeaning. You are basically saying the other teams in the region aren't a worth a dang thing
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 pm

For Region 4, I'll predict NS by 30-20-10, no matter who they play. This was my prediction last year for state, but this year they aren't as strong without Lindahl. The state prediction (if they make it) will have to be adjusted.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Wildcat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 am

Mike Ditka wrote:
NDplayin wrote:Mike Ditka- As certain as you are that New England is so outstanding it sounds like you should also be giving Region 5 some love. I know comparing scores is sketchy business but in this case it's about all we got. Didn't Shiloh beat New England by double digits? I think they also got a win against Hazen.

Anyone know if Shiloh played any other teams in the Region 7 tournament?


Yes they did...however they aren't playing in this region, and the topic is region predictions. They should have a pretty easy road to the title game in Region 5. Good for them, they are a good team.

Are you guys missing this...

Mike Ditka wrote:And I will take Beulah...In a fun one.


So those of you that say Beulah will beat Trinity or Heart River are agreeing with me, if NE beats Beulah I struggle believing that they will lose to Hazen.

Bison I have now watched Hazen play 4 times, not once have I came away overly impressed (Trinity game, both Beulah losses, and when they ran over Bowman) sorry but again, that's my opinion. Now lets not have another childish arguement like last time, I respect your opinion, you can respect mine. I do wish someone would hop on this darn Tiger bandwagon with me...I mean c'mon, they are the smallest school in the Region tourney by over a hundred kids, what do Beulah and Hazen have 250 kids each? New England has around 50 kids in the High School, and they aren't co-opped, there season is already impressive with that few of kids to choose from...why not root for the little guy in the most competitive region in the state. You guys hate Butler too? Gonzaga? George Mason? Just wondering?! Be open minded, stop giving me facts...I'm obviously just rooting for them, however, I do think it's a long shot, but so was Butler going to the title game two years in a row!


This is a topic about region tournament predictions, not enrollment numbers.

I have a problem picking NE, considering they don't really have a signature win over anyone in District 14. Also, NE didn't play Beulah when they were hot...they're hot now, not the third game of the season. Before they beat NE, Beulah had beaten Max and Garrison. NE has to prove something in the postseason first, like that they can beat a good D14 team when it counts before I'll pick them, IMO. I also like how because NE and Hazen haven't played, NE just gets the benefit of the doubt that they'd win that game. Good luck with that.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

I've said repeatedly on here that I know their coach! If you guys were at some of the parties he threw in college you would be rooting for the Tigers too! He actually yelled at me a couple weeks ago because his kids thought that I was him! He isn't a fan of ND preps or our comments/predictions! I'm sure a lot of coaches prob feel the same. Outside of that, I do think they are just as good as anyone, 5 teams can win region 7.....its gonna be a blast!

Bison....I came off condescending on purpose....just to bother you. If you are from Hazen, and havent seen Dist. 13 teams play, its tough for me to take your arguments seriously. Its isn't like Hazen, just because they are bigger, have been making a run of region 7 titles....respect is earned, earn it...or be prepared for criticism on a blog site.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:10 am

Stop taking my predictions so seriously....they are just predictions, I suppose when you make them it opens up an arguement....but I simply made the prediction for fun....I realize its a long shot! If i want to say I like the Tigers because they are a small school Wildcat....then thats part of the reason I'm picking them. All part of my opinion! It would be easy to pick Beulah or Trinity....they always win.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:27 am

I always root for the small schools so I'm pulling hard for NE and Powers Lake to come out of their regions. Same with Maple Valley pulling it off in Region 1. They have had a lot of good teams int he last 10 years but have never been able to make it. Would be great for those small towns.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby bison football73 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am

Mike Ditka wrote:I've said repeatedly on here that I know their coach! If you guys were at some of the parties he threw in college you would be rooting for the Tigers too! He actually yelled at me a couple weeks ago because his kids thought that I was him! He isn't a fan of ND preps or our comments/predictions! I'm sure a lot of coaches prob feel the same. Outside of that, I do think they are just as good as anyone, 5 teams can win region 7.....its gonna be a blast!

Bison....I came off condescending on purpose....just to bother you. If you are from Hazen, and havent seen Dist. 13 teams play, its tough for me to take your arguments seriously. Its isn't like Hazen, just because they are bigger, have been making a run of region 7 titles....respect is earned, earn it...or be prepared for criticism on a blog site.


The last line of defense when you are losing an argument is always smashing the opponents credibility. How's it feel to know that almost everyone that has replied to this is against you? People on this site like actual analysis and realistic predictions. Not "I like the coach so they are gonna win." or "they are better because there coach threw some good parties in college" WHO CARES ABOUT THAT
bison football73
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Bisonguy06 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:21 pm

This conversation needs to go in a different direction... I opened up a Region 7 thread as a place for some analysis and predictions.

Mike, you may want to put more thought into what you are posting about your "friend" and his team on ND preps, especially since he has already indicated that he doesn't like this kind of attention on himself or his team.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Bison...

Of course when you make a prediction that isn't the most likely thing to happen people are going to argue and make valid points against you. I simply stated why I am a fan of them because it was questioned, and I'm not shining any negative light on them what so ever, I hardly think their coach really gives a hoot about what you or I have to say. Are they talented, yes, if you had ever seen them play you would know that. Chill out girl scout.
I'm sorry that I have chosen the road less travelled (picking the under dog) and you don't like that. I don't feel I'm losing an argument, I'm simply saying what my predictions are. Which is, if Beulah beats NE, which I said will happen in a close game, then they will win the region 7 title. If NE beats Beulah I think they will have the momentum to also capture the Region 7 title.
My opinion, if you don't like it, stop commenting on what I have to say. You are acting like my prediction is against the law...If I want to say I am rooting for the Hettinger/Scranton Nighthawks because I like their new school colors then I'm entitled to say that, last I checked I didn't have to write down what everyone wanted to hear, again whether you like it or not. I'm obviously not into pleasing people and writing what I'm suppose to, if you can't handle that, I again will ask you, to stop commenting on what I have to say.

If I were to say this your argument would be obsolete....

Beulah or Trinity are going to win and New England doesn't have a chance...here is why. New England hasn't beaten a top team this year from Dist. 14. They played Beulah this year early and lost by 11 points, they lost to Trinity by 2. All of these teams are better than them because they have beaten them. There is no such thing as Tourney magic or luck for the under dog to win. So nobody should ever EVER predict them to win because in a blog others would be able to display facts as to why the other schools who are favored will win.....

Obviously it is easy to argue against my prediction...because it's a long shot. Please get over it. Thanks.
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby NDplayin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Back on topic... my predictions

REGION 1
D1 #1 Milnor vs. D2 #4 Oak Grove
D2 #2 Kindred vs. D1 #3 Hankinson
D2 #1 Central Cass vs. D1 #4 Lisbon
D1 #2 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood vs. D2 #3 Maple Valley

Kindred vs. Oak Grove
Central Cass vs. Maple Valley

Kindred vs. Central Cass

REGION 2
D3 #1 Hatton-Northwood vs. D4 #4 Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
D4 #2 Cavalier vs. D3 #3 Griggs County Central
D4 #1 Grafton vs. D3 #4 Hillsboro
D3 #2 Thompson vs. D4 #3 Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood vs Cavalier
Grafton vs. Park River- FL

Hatton-Northwood vs. Grafton

REGION 3
D5 #1 LaMoure vs. D6 #4 South Border
D6 #2 Linton-HMB vs. D5 #3 P-B-K
D6 #1 Napoleon vs. D5 #4 Central Prairie
D5 #2 Edgeley-Kulm vs. D6 #3 Strasburg/Zeeland

LaMoure vs. Linton
Napoleon vs. Egdgeley- Kulm

LaMoure vs. Napoleon

REGION 4
D7 #1 Carrington vs. D8 #4 Benson County
D8 #2 St. John vs. D7 #3 Four Winds-Minnewauken
D8 #1 North Star vs. D7 #4 New Rockford-Sheyenne
D7 #2 Warwick vs. D8 #3 Munich-Starkweather

Carrington vs. Four Winds
North Star vs. Munich-Starkweather

Carrington vs. North Star

REGION 5
D9 #1 Shiloh Christian vs. D10 #4 Wilton-Wing
D10 #2 Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky vs. D9 #3 Standing Rock
D10 #1 Washburn vs. D9 #4 New Salem-Almont
D9 #2 Flasher vs. D10 #3 Garrison

Shiloh vs. TLM-M
Washburn vs. Garrison

Shiloh vs. Garrison

REGION 6
D11 #1 Bottineau vs. D12 #4 Glenburn
D12 #2 Des Lacs-Burlington vs. D11 #3 Dunseith
D12 #1 Berthold vs. D11 #4 Westhope-Newburg
D11 #2 Rugby vs. D12 #3 Bishop Ryan

Bottineau vs. Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold vs. Rugby

Bottineau vs. Berthold

REGION 7
D13 #1 Heart River vs. D14 #4 Killdeer
D14 #2 Dickinson Trinity vs. D13 #3 Mott-Regent
D14 #1 Beulah vs. D13 #4 New England
D13 #2 Bowman County vs. D14 #3 Hazen

Heart River vs. Dickinson Trinity
Beulah vs. Hazen

Dickinson Trinity vs. Hazen

REGION 8
D15 #1 New Town vs. D16 #4 Ray
D16 #2 Trenton vs. D15 #3 North Shore-Plaza
D16 #1 Divide County vs. D15 #4 Watford City
D15 #2 Stanley vs. D16 #3 Powers Lake

New Town vs. Trenton
Divide County vs. Powers Lake

Trenton vs. Powers Lake
NDplayin
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:42 pm

MrBIGboii wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I guess I'll start it off by predicting each Region:

REGION 1
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Oak Grove over Kindred (homer pick -> definitely possible though)
Central Cass over Maple Valley

3rd Place: Maple Valley over Kindred
Championship: Central Cass over Oak Grove

REGION 2
Hatton-Northwood over Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
Cavalier over Griggs County Central
Grafton over Hillsboro
Thompson over Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

3rd Place: Cavalier over Thompson
Championship: Hatton-Northwood over Grafton

REGION 3
LaMoure over South Border
Linton-HMB over P-B-K
Napoleon over Central Prairie
Edgeley-Kulm over Strasburg/Zeeland

LaMoure over Linton-HMB (this one was tough to pick)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

3rd Place: Linton-HMB over Edgeley-Kulm
Championship: LaMoure over Napoleon (another tough pick)

REGION 4
Carrrington over Benson County
Four Winds-Minnewauken over St. John
North Star over New Rockford-Sheyenne
Warwick over Munich-Starkweather

Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick

3rd Place: Warwick over Carrington (redemption -> Langstaff could go for 60)
Championship: North Star over Four Winds-Minnewauken (closest postseason game for North Star < 10 pts)

REGION 5
Shiloh Christian over Wilton-Wing
Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Standing Rock
Washburn over New Salem-Almont
Garrison over Flasher

Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Garrison over Washburn (upset pick)

3rd Place: Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Washburn
Championship: Shiloh Christian over Garrison

REGION 6
Bottineau over Glenburn (could be a high scoring game)
Des Lacs-Burlington over Dunseith
Berthold over Westhope-Newburg
Rugby over Bishop Ryan (I smell Overtime)

Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

3rd Place: Rugby over Des Lacs-Burlington
Championship: Berthold over Bottineau (great game)

REGION 7
Heart River over Killdeer
Dickinson Trinity over Mott-Regent (could see the upset though)
Beulah over New England (could see the upset though)
Hazen over Bowman County

Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

3rd Place: Hazen over Heart River
Championship: Beulah over Dickinson Trinity

REGION 8
New Town over Ray
Trenton over North Shore-Plaza
Divide County over Watford City
Powers Lake over Stanley

Trenton over New Town (slight upset pick)
Divide County over Powers Lake

3rd Place: New Town over Powers Lake
Championship: Trenton over Divide County (upset title pick)

These predictions would set up State this way:

Shiloh Christian vs. Trenton
Hatton-Northwood vs. North Star
LaMoure vs. Berthold
Central Cass vs. Beulah



I hope you aren't for real on some of these....don't be nieve Run.

I think if you're going to come on here and criticize someone that you should at least be expected to spell the word correctly. (Especially since its your first post also)
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 pm

^^^^^^^Like
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Wildcat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Mike Ditka wrote:Bison...

Of course when you make a prediction that isn't the most likely thing to happen people are going to argue and make valid points against you. I simply stated why I am a fan of them because it was questioned, and I'm not shining any negative light on them what so ever, I hardly think their coach really gives a hoot about what you or I have to say. Are they talented, yes, if you had ever seen them play you would know that. Chill out girl scout.
I'm sorry that I have chosen the road less travelled (picking the under dog) and you don't like that. I don't feel I'm losing an argument, I'm simply saying what my predictions are. Which is, if Beulah beats NE, which I said will happen in a close game, then they will win the region 7 title. If NE beats Beulah I think they will have the momentum to also capture the Region 7 title.
My opinion, if you don't like it, stop commenting on what I have to say. You are acting like my prediction is against the law...If I want to say I am rooting for the Hettinger/Scranton Nighthawks because I like their new school colors then I'm entitled to say that, last I checked I didn't have to write down what everyone wanted to hear, again whether you like it or not. I'm obviously not into pleasing people and writing what I'm suppose to, if you can't handle that, I again will ask you, to stop commenting on what I have to say.

If I were to say this your argument would be obsolete....

Beulah or Trinity are going to win and New England doesn't have a chance...here is why. New England hasn't beaten a top team this year from Dist. 14. They played Beulah this year early and lost by 11 points, they lost to Trinity by 2. All of these teams are better than them because they have beaten them. There is no such thing as Tourney magic or luck for the under dog to win. So nobody should ever EVER predict them to win because in a blog others would be able to display facts as to why the other schools who are favored will win.....

Obviously it is easy to argue against my prediction...because it's a long shot. Please get over it. Thanks.


When people made a "prediction" on another topic saying a certain NE bball player may not be good enough for all-state much less first-team, you made sure you made your feelings known.

Don't get mad at other people for doing the same to you.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Mike Ditka » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Wildcat thats obvious, thats the point of blogging. What I didn't say was one of you guys were losing...or everybody is right and you're wrong, or better yet, "that's not what people want to read". I think that's the point...and whos mad????
Mike Ditka
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 am

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Wildcat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:53 am

"Have you seen Kaine Hanson or Mosbrucker play? They both are front runners to win Region 7 mvp...neither should be taken off a list for a defensive player....they are both great on defense too...hanson is almost averaging a triple double....he's an easy choice for all state....possibly first team."

Someone tried to freely say that Hanson should be taken off the all-state list, and the above statement pretty much sounds like your saying he's wrong. Predicting all-state isn't that much different than what we're talking about.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:45 pm

MrBIGboii wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I guess I'll start it off by predicting each Region:

REGION 1
Oak Grove over Milnor
Kindred over Hankinson
Central cass over Lisbon
Maple Valley over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Oak Grove over Kindred (homer pick -> definitely possible though)
Central Cass over Maple Valley

3rd Place: Maple Valley over Kindred
Championship: Central Cass over Oak Grove

REGION 2
Hatton-Northwood over Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
Cavalier over Griggs County Central
Grafton over Hillsboro
Thompson over Park River-FL

Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

3rd Place: Cavalier over Thompson
Championship: Hatton-Northwood over Grafton

REGION 3
LaMoure over South Border
Linton-HMB over P-B-K
Napoleon over Central Prairie
Edgeley-Kulm over Strasburg/Zeeland

LaMoure over Linton-HMB (this one was tough to pick)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

3rd Place: Linton-HMB over Edgeley-Kulm
Championship: LaMoure over Napoleon (another tough pick)

REGION 4
Carrrington over Benson County
Four Winds-Minnewauken over St. John
North Star over New Rockford-Sheyenne
Warwick over Munich-Starkweather

Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick

3rd Place: Warwick over Carrington (redemption -> Langstaff could go for 60)
Championship: North Star over Four Winds-Minnewauken (closest postseason game for North Star < 10 pts)

REGION 5
Shiloh Christian over Wilton-Wing
Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Standing Rock
Washburn over New Salem-Almont
Garrison over Flasher

Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Garrison over Washburn (upset pick)

3rd Place: Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky over Washburn
Championship: Shiloh Christian over Garrison

REGION 6
Bottineau over Glenburn (could be a high scoring game)
Des Lacs-Burlington over Dunseith
Berthold over Westhope-Newburg
Rugby over Bishop Ryan (I smell Overtime)

Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

3rd Place: Rugby over Des Lacs-Burlington
Championship: Berthold over Bottineau (great game)

REGION 7
Heart River over Killdeer
Dickinson Trinity over Mott-Regent (could see the upset though)
Beulah over New England (could see the upset though)
Hazen over Bowman County

Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

3rd Place: Hazen over Heart River
Championship: Beulah over Dickinson Trinity

REGION 8
New Town over Ray
Trenton over North Shore-Plaza
Divide County over Watford City
Powers Lake over Stanley

Trenton over New Town (slight upset pick)
Divide County over Powers Lake

3rd Place: New Town over Powers Lake
Championship: Trenton over Divide County

These predictions would set up State this way:

Shiloh Christian vs. Trenton
Hatton-Northwood vs. North Star
LaMoure vs. Berthold
Central Cass vs. Beulah



I hope you aren't for real on some of these....don't be nieve Run.


30-2 on the first night...I'd say I did pretty good...New Town laid an egg and Flasher out-shot Garrison for my two mistakes.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Run; Any word on what happened to a kid named Keplin that played for Shiloh earlier in the season? He didn't play for them last night.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Predictions for Tuesday's Semifinals

Region 1
Oak Grove over Kindred
Central Cass over Maple Valley

Region 2
Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

Region 3
LaMoure over Linton-HMB (could see the upset here)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

Region 4
Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick (high scoring)

Region 5
Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Washburn over Flasher

Region 6
Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

Region 7
Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

Region 8
Trenton over Ray
Divide County over Powers Lake (even matchup - tough pick)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10577
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Region Tourney Predictions

Postby old#63 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Predictions for Tuesday's Semifinals

Region 1
Oak Grove over Kindred
Central Cass over Maple Valley

Region 2
Hatton-Northwood over Cavalier
Grafton over Thompson

Region 3
LaMoure over Linton-HMB (could see the upset here)
Napoleon over Edgeley-Kulm

Region 4
Four Winds-Minnewauken over Carrington
North Star over Warwick (high scoring)

Region 5
Shiloh Christian over Turtle Lake-Mercer-McClusky
Washburn over Flasher

Region 6
Bottineau over Des Lacs-Burlington
Berthold over Rugby

Region 7
Dickinson Trinity over Heart River
Beulah over Hazen

Region 8
Trenton over Ray
Divide County over Powers Lake (even matchup - tough pick)
old#63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests