REGION 6 Tournamnet predictions.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: REGION 6 Tournamnet predictions.

Postby outofstatefan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

LOL! Wait, isn't there a championship game tomorrow night for THIS YEAR? This conversation has quickly turned this years championship game into an afterthought.
outofstatefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Yeah, I think Tanner Holte puts DL-B over the top in the region. Remember, it's not as if DL-B is devoid of basketball players in their system. They're just young. Travis Johnson will step in and start, and Brett Johnson will probably start. They won't be as deep as Minot Ryan, but they have a better sophomore class with their big three. Westhope had five guys score at least 20 points in a game this season, so I'm not worried about others and they have decent depth.

But, I think I'll change my pick since you got me thinking Indy. I'll take DL-B over Ryan for the region title, but Westhope wins their district.

Well I saw Westhope a couple of times and It appeared to me they had 3 kids that could score. Hancock, Braaten, Kitzman. I am pretty sure Kitzman graduates not sure on that. I didn't see any JV players that will step up next year either and they only go about 6 or 7 deep on varsity.

DLB will have the big three. Travis Johnson will be able to decently fill Knutson's role of the rebounder from this year. He won't be as good as Knutson though. He also won't defend like him either, as Knutson was their best perimeter defender. They will lack one of those next year. I don't know who Brett Johnson is but I watched their JV a couple times and I didn't see a kid on that roster that will be a decent 5th starter next year.

Yeah, I'm not gonna argue with you on your points Indy, because I like you're analysis. My thing is...a fifth starter doesn't have to be that good. It's not like Region 6 will be setting the world on fire next year. Three good players may be enough.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 pm

outofstatefan wrote:LOL! Wait, isn't there a championship game tomorrow night for THIS YEAR? This conversation has quickly turned this years championship game into an afterthought.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's a message board with at least a dozen topics on region championship games. Trust me, it's not as if these year's championship games are being underanalyzed.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby outofstatefan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Wildcat wrote:
outofstatefan wrote:LOL! Wait, isn't there a championship game tomorrow night for THIS YEAR? This conversation has quickly turned this years championship game into an afterthought.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's a message board with at least a dozen topics on region championship games. Trust me, it's not as if these year's championship games are being underanalyzed.

Whoa! A pretty snarky response to a light hearted comment!!!
outofstatefan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Nahh, just saying ... we're all aware of Thursday's games.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mags » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 pm

i think berthold wins by 14. Just as long as the role players make sure dan and bloms are getting their touches.
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby hsfootballfan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:04 am

Justin McCloud put on a good show tonite. It seemed like every time Berthold nailed a three pointer, he came down the court and answered with a long ball himself. He was on his game tonite. If Bottno had one more good shooter on that team, I think they could have represented Region 6.

Congrats to Bottno on a great year!
Congrats to the Bombers on making it to state! I think they will make some noise in the state tourney and represent Region 6 very well.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 am

Wow mccloud
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby kissarmy74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Would like to commend both Bottineau and Berthold for the class and sportsmanship they both showed before, during, and after this game. Both teams worked their tails off and left it all on the floor. McCloud is nothing short of amazing. LaCroix is the hardest working kid I've ever seen on the basketball floor. Bloms didn't have the best game ever, but his season speaks for itself. Yale is one of the best all around players I've ever had the honor of watching. After the game, Yale was walking towards the sports medicine to get his back checked and McCloud and LaCroix met him halfway and hugged and congratulated him. That was cool to see. It's just nice to see kids that bring it all to the floor and leave it all on the floor.......
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital. -Joe Paterno
kissarmy74
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm

McCloud was absolutely ridiculous in this game. He had 25 which isn't insane, but it was the loudest 25 known to man. All of them were pull up threes and tough fadeaways with Bloms or someone else all over him. If only he and LaCroix had a little bit more help. Grenier is the only other kid on the roster with a prayer of making a jump shot and he isn't even a good shooter either.

Bethold is a tough matchup for Bottineau with Bloms having the length to defend McCloud decently and Yale beeing to big for LaCroix in the post and athletic enough to play him off the bounce.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys