All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby dakotaman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am

All-District 4

Grafton – Adam Jiskra, Nic Lundquist, Jake Hanson; Park River/Fordville-Lankin – Connor Solseng, Blake Erickson; Cavalier – Ryan Chrest, Matt Ratchenski; Drayton/Valley-Edinburg – Blake Laxdal; Midway-Minto – Nathan Linstad; North Border – Brandon Anderson

Senior athlete of the year – Jake Hanson

Coach of the year – Rob Scheer, Park River/Fordville-Lankin
dakotaman
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 am

leroybla wrote:In the district 2 proceedings following the championship game, Zimmerman was already announced (5th or so) with the other all-district team members. THEN, he was re-introduced as the 12th member of the same team and also District 2 POY. Only 11 players were named with Zimmerman being named twice in the post game ceremony. Hence, I believe a clerical error was made in not naming Sundquist to that team.


I thought that too... must've been a mistake. But Run said he checked it at the end and there were only 11 players.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby leroybla » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 am

My point was that Zimmerman was announced twice as a member of the AD team. And the announcer clearly called his name 5th or so and then again as the 12th member of the (11-man) team. I have no quarrel with the other members of the team but the 12th member should have been Sundquist.
leroybla
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 am

leroybla wrote:My point was that Zimmerman was announced twice as a member of the AD team. And the announcer clearly called his name 5th or so and then again as the 12th member of the (11-man) team. I have no quarrel with the other members of the team but the 12th member should have been Sundquist.


Completely agree!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby MNTwinsFan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am

If Hill was selected by the coaches, he would have been the 12th selection. If his NDHSAA violation resulted in his suspension, he wouldn't be allowed to be all-district leaving them with 11 selections. I believe the announcer just messed up is all with his wording of the senior athlete. Congrats to all kids who were named all district and best of luck to all teams who advanced to the next round.
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 pm

leroybla wrote:In the district 2 proceedings following the championship game, Zimmerman was already announced (5th or so) with the other all-district team members. THEN, he was re-introduced as the 12th member of the same team and also District 2 POY. Only 11 players were named with Zimmerman being named twice in the post game ceremony. Hence, I believe a clerical error was made in not naming Sundquist to that team.


I was by the table when it was being announced...there were ONLY 11 names. The way it was typed up was the confusion.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10749
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Wildcat » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Indy5 wrote:
bball15 wrote:I'm assuming that the teams are selected before the championship game, but it was rather interesting when DLB had 4 players and Berthold only had 2, after seeing the way Berthold dominated the whole game.

The voting takes place by the coaches before the district tournament starts. And I forgot to mention how the 2 seed gets four and the 1 seed gets two. If that happens, one should assume that the 2 seed can play the 1 better than they did. Although, I'm pretty sure their first matchup did go to OT. Not sure if there was foul trouble or anything like that though. Also, in the title game, Berthold came out absolutely on fire and no one besides Edwards on DLB could do anything, but still


I figured Ryan's point guard would make it, and Mohall's best post player would make it, and they didn't. DL-B had four players make it because those four probably average double figures in scoring. DL-B only plays seven and the two off the bench don't play that often. Those five starters account for nearly all their scoring, so I'm not surprised they had four. Berthold is just so much deeper that other than their big two, I'm not sure who else would have made it. They have 8-10 guys who could contribute 10 points or more in any game, and each game it's someone different.

At the end of the day, we have to remember the all-district team is an individual award which is based largely on stats and doesn't have anything to do with the district tournament.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:District 2

All-District Team
Matt Zimmerman (Central Cass)
Ellery Bresnahan (Central Cass)
Jordan Haselau (Maple Valley)
Ty Smith (Maple Valley)
Ethan Preston (Maple Valley)
Thomas Lindgren (Enderlin)
Jordan Funfar (Oak Grove)
Eric Bachmeier (Kindred)
Jack Plankers (Kindred)
Austin Heyen (Richland)
Kayne Griffith (Richland)


If there was an All-Tournament Team for District 2...who would have made it?

IMO...
Matt Zimmerman (Central Cass)
Ben Sundquist (Central Cass)
Ellery Bresnahan (Central Cass)
Ty Smith (Maple Valley)
Jordan Haselau (Maple Valley)
Ethan Preston (Maple Valley)
Eric Bachmeier (Kindred)
Jack Plankers (Kindred)
Tyler Christianson (Oak Grove)
Matt Workin (Richland)
Thomas Lindgren (Enderlin)

anyone else?
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10749
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Stairway2Heaven » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Wildcat wrote:I figured Ryan's point guard would make it, and Mohall's best post player would make it, and they didn't. DL-B had four players make it because those four probably average double figures in scoring. DL-B only plays seven and the two off the bench don't play that often. Those five starters account for nearly all their scoring, so I'm not surprised they had four. Berthold is just so much deeper that other than their big two, I'm not sure who else would have made it. They have 8-10 guys who could contribute 10 points or more in any game, and each game it's someone different.

At the end of the day, we have to remember the all-district team is an individual award which is based largely on stats and doesn't have anything to do with the district tournament.

Ryan's point guard is Austin Eggl. Good player, definitely deserved to be on there ahead of many people that made it.

I assume that when referrencing Mohall's best post player, you're talking about Spencer Olson. A total garbage player, but he's very good at it and should have made the team.
Stairway2Heaven
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:05 am

DISTRICT 9

All-District Team
Joey Dwyer (Shiloh Christian)
Aaron Hultstrand (Shiloh Christian)
Donovan Lambert (Shiloh Christian)
Kalin Bachmeier (Grant County)
Dustin Iverson (Grant County)
Jake Kraft (Center-Stanton)
Adam Berth (Center-Stanton)
Dustyn Luger (Solen)
Kerby St. John (Standing Rock)
Gabe Archambault (Standing Rock)
Skylar Rebel (New Salem-Almont)
Justin Bentz (Flasher)

Honorable Mention
Duncan Beth (New Salem-Almont)
Taylor Krenz (Flasher)
Justin Black Cloud (Solen)
Matt Rask (Shiloh Christian)
Jalen Lawrence (Standing Rock)
Jesse Henke (Center-Stanton)

DISTRICT 13

All-District Team
Unanimous Selections
Kaine Hanson (New England)
Clarence Binstock (New England)
Chad Mosbrucker (Mott-Regent)
Nate Fries (Mott-Regent)
Ben Laufer (Hettinger-Scranton)
Stephen Kristy (Hettinger-Scranton)
Jordan Strecker (Heart River)

Non-Unanimous Selections
Nick Wolf (New England)
Dylan Northrop (Heart River)
Jarek Haverluck (Heart River)
Landon Lechler (Beach)
Colter Braaten (Bowman County)

Honorable Mention
Seth Ewoniuk (Heart River)
Mike Palczewski (Bowman County)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10749
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby StraightShooter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:31 am

leroybla wrote:My point was that Zimmerman was announced twice as a member of the AD team. And the announcer clearly called his name 5th or so and then again as the 12th member of the (11-man) team. I have no quarrel with the other members of the team but the 12th member should have been Sundquist.


The 12th member was the kid from Northern Cass. However, he got the 'ol "6 week suspension", disqualifying him from the AD team. The coaches discussed giving the award then to the 13th member (i.e. the next highest vote getter). They ultimately decided not to do it. Sundquist should have been on the team regardless.
StraightShooter
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Stairway2Heaven wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I figured Ryan's point guard would make it, and Mohall's best post player would make it, and they didn't. DL-B had four players make it because those four probably average double figures in scoring. DL-B only plays seven and the two off the bench don't play that often. Those five starters account for nearly all their scoring, so I'm not surprised they had four. Berthold is just so much deeper that other than their big two, I'm not sure who else would have made it. They have 8-10 guys who could contribute 10 points or more in any game, and each game it's someone different.

At the end of the day, we have to remember the all-district team is an individual award which is based largely on stats and doesn't have anything to do with the district tournament.

Ryan's point guard is Austin Eggl. Good player, definitely deserved to be on there ahead of many people that made it.

I assume that when referrencing Mohall's best post player, you're talking about Spencer Olson. A total garbage player, but he's very good at it and should have made the team.



I was talking about Drake Vendsel actually. He's their second-best player behind Scherr. He had also had the best district tournament of anybody on the team.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:34 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Does anyone have the all-district team for whatever district Linton, Strasburg/Zeeland, Napoleon are in? I think this is district six? Not positive I'm not good with all the district numbers.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby love#4 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm

District 6

All-District Team

Wade Rath-Wald (Napoleon)
Jonah Schwartzenberger (Napoleon)
Grant Weigel (Napoleon)
Chance Kurle (Strasburg/Zeeland)
Kyle Nieuwsma (Strasburg/Zeeland)
Michael Jacobson (South Border)
Phillip Wanner (South Border)
Tanner Purintun (Linton/HMB)
Ryan Dralle (Linton/HMB)
Luke Benz (Kidder County)
love#4
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:19 am

love#4 wrote:District 6

All-District Team

Wade Rath-Wald (Napoleon)
Jonah Schwartzenberger (Napoleon)
Grant Weigel (Napoleon)
Chance Kurle (Strasburg/Zeeland)
Kyle Nieuwsma (Strasburg/Zeeland)
Michael Jacobson (South Border)
Phillip Wanner (South Border)
Tanner Purintun (Linton/HMB)
Ryan Dralle (Linton/HMB)
Luke Benz (Kidder County)

Thanks love#4
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby topcop4 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
StraightShooter wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Ben Sunquist got robbed. The # 1 team in the district, who is undefeated and just won the championship by 30+ points should get 3 players. However, Maple Valley, who choked against Kindred and ended up with the 3rd seed, is the only team to get 3 players. I don't care when it's voted on, Central Cass deserved THREE players. Doesn't make sense, but these district teams rarely do. I vote they do away with them altogether.


Agreed on all acounts here. Absurd that Maple Valley got three players. Oak Grove goes undefeated last year and they get 4. Central Cass goes undefeated this year and gets 2. I also don't like how they try to represent every team for the all-district team. Pick the best 12 players in the district and be done with it. If two teams get a total of 8 of the 12 players, so be it. If those 8 are 8 of the top 12 players in the district, then they deserve it. The all-district team is almost becoming somewhat of a joke.


One thing...not every team in District 2 was represented this year...no NC or FSHP players.

Since when does record and rankings become a determining factor for who or how many players from a team should make the all district team. Obviously there were coaches who thought Sunquist was not one of the top 12 players in the district. There is always someone who feels someone from their home team should be on it but they should keep their selfish opinions to themselves instead of trying to cast a shadow on the ones who have made the team. The two previous posts are certainly CC fans who have only seen these other players once during the year. People who feel this way and want to let other people know their narrow focused opinions are more of a joke than the all tourney team. I will say congrats to all who made the team and that you all deserve to be there
topcop4
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 am

topcop4 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
StraightShooter wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Ben Sunquist got robbed. The # 1 team in the district, who is undefeated and just won the championship by 30+ points should get 3 players. However, Maple Valley, who choked against Kindred and ended up with the 3rd seed, is the only team to get 3 players. I don't care when it's voted on, Central Cass deserved THREE players. Doesn't make sense, but these district teams rarely do. I vote they do away with them altogether.


Agreed on all acounts here. Absurd that Maple Valley got three players. Oak Grove goes undefeated last year and they get 4. Central Cass goes undefeated this year and gets 2. I also don't like how they try to represent every team for the all-district team. Pick the best 12 players in the district and be done with it. If two teams get a total of 8 of the 12 players, so be it. If those 8 are 8 of the top 12 players in the district, then they deserve it. The all-district team is almost becoming somewhat of a joke.


One thing...not every team in District 2 was represented this year...no NC or FSHP players.

Since when does record and rankings become a determining factor for who or how many players from a team should make the all district team. Obviously there were coaches who thought Sunquist was not one of the top 12 players in the district. There is always someone who feels someone from their home team should be on it but they should keep their selfish opinions to themselves instead of trying to cast a shadow on the ones who have made the team. The two previous posts are certainly CC fans who have only seen these other players once during the year. People who feel this way and want to let other people know their narrow focused opinions are more of a joke than the all tourney team. I will say congrats to all who made the team and that you all deserve to be there


Since when is record a factor?? That's always been the case. How long have you been watching Class B basketball?? The all-district team is never the best 12 players in the district. Its the best (2 or 3) players from the best teams, the bottom teams get 1 or 0, and the middle teams usually get 1 or 2. In VB this year, if it was truly the best 12 players, Kindred and Central Cass would have gotten 99% of the all-district team, but they didn't. It's the best players on each team, not the best players in the district. Nobody disparaged the boys who got on the team, but lots of people (not just CC fans) thought that Ben Sundquist deserved a spot.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 am
Location: North Dakota, , USA

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby topcop4 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 am

ClassBEast wrote:
topcop4 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
StraightShooter wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Ben Sunquist got robbed. The # 1 team in the district, who is undefeated and just won the championship by 30+ points should get 3 players. However, Maple Valley, who choked against Kindred and ended up with the 3rd seed, is the only team to get 3 players. I don't care when it's voted on, Central Cass deserved THREE players. Doesn't make sense, but these district teams rarely do. I vote they do away with them altogether.


Agreed on all acounts here. Absurd that Maple Valley got three players. Oak Grove goes undefeated last year and they get 4. Central Cass goes undefeated this year and gets 2. I also don't like how they try to represent every team for the all-district team. Pick the best 12 players in the district and be done with it. If two teams get a total of 8 of the 12 players, so be it. If those 8 are 8 of the top 12 players in the adistrict, then they deserve it. The all-district team is almost becoming somewhat of a joke.


One thing...not every team in District 2 was represented this year...no NC or FSHP players.

Since when does record and rankings become a determining factor for who or how many players from a team should make the all district team. Obviously there were coaches who thought Sunquist was not one of the top 12 players in the district. There is always someone who feels someone from their home team should be on it but they should keep their selfish opinions to themselves instead of trying to cast a shadow on the ones who have made the team. The two previous posts are certainly CC fans who have only seen these other players once during the year. People who feel this way and want to let other people know their narrow focused opinions are more of a joke than the all tourney team. I will say congrats to all who made the team and that you all deserve to be there


Since when is record a factor?? That's always been the case. How long have you been watching Class B basketball?? The all-district team is never the best 12 players in the district. Its the best (2 or 3) players from the best teams, the bottom teams get 1 or 0, and the middle teams usually get 1 or 2. In VB this year, if it was truly the best 12 players, Kindred and Central Cass would have gotten 99% of the all-district team, but they didn't. It's the best players on each team, not the best players in the district. Nobody disparaged the boys who got on the team, but lots of people (not just CC fans) thought that Ben Sundquist deserved a spot.


Sorry but I just read that it was absurd that MV got Thre players on the team. How does that not put a negative spin on those three players. One thing you seem not to realize is that great players make other not so great players look better. The top defenders on other teams have to defend the other teams top players thus leaving their weaker defenders guarding these other people. Try thinking how certain players you feel are better than others would do offensively and defensively with the people who made the team defending them and vice versa. IMO being a great defensive player is more important that being able to shoot against another teams 3rd or 4th best defender while having to defend their 3rd or 4th best player.
topcop4
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby StraightShooter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:38 pm

topcop,

It was absurd the MV got 3 players and CC only got 2. That's not to say that one of the MV players should have been left off in favor Sundquist. My point was that CC should have gotten 3 as well. When you're the #1 seed in the district and undefeated, you probably have more than 2 of the top 12 players in the district. Oak Grove was the #1 seed last year and went undefeated and they got 3 players (the only team to get 3), and I was ok with that. Sundquist should have made the team. Period.
StraightShooter
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby topcop4 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:06 pm

sorry straightshooter, Your analogy that the top team needs at least three players on the all tourney is totally bogus. Do you realize that you are saying that the third best player on the number 1 team is unquestionably in the top 30percent of all starters in the district. Try to remember that scoring is not the only measurement of a good player. Also read your comment when you said it was absurd that MV got three players. I dont see where you put in that comment that they didnt deserve to be there or that both CC and MV deserved three you just said it was absurd MV had three.
topcop4
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:30 pm

CC and MV should have had 3 players each...what gets me is that Richland (the #6 team) got 2 players...they should have only had Heyen on the All-District Team.

Team should have looked something like:
Central Cass - Zimmerman, Bresnahan, Sundquist
Maple Valley - Smith, Haselau, Preston
Kindred - Bachmeier, Plankers
Enderlin - T. Lindgren
Oak Grove - Funfar
Richland - Heyen

and then add one more from NC and FSHP..IMO Mehus (FSHP)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10749
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: All-District & All-Tournament Teams

Postby StraightShooter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 am

topcop4 wrote:sorry straightshooter, Your analogy that the top team needs at least three players on the all tourney is totally bogus. Do you realize that you are saying that the third best player on the number 1 team is unquestionably in the top 30percent of all starters in the district. Try to remember that scoring is not the only measurement of a good player. Also read your comment when you said it was absurd that MV got three players. I dont see where you put in that comment that they didnt deserve to be there or that both CC and MV deserved three you just said it was absurd MV had three.


Ben Sundquist is a top 12 player in the district. If you actually knew what you were talking about, scoring is probably Sundquist's 3rd best asset behind 1) defense and 2) penetrating. I don't even think Ben averaged double digit scoring. It's kind of hard to do when you play with 2 all staters (Zimmerman and Bresnahan). You're probably right that Sundquist is the 3rd best player for Central Cass. But can you say with a straight face that he wouldn't be the best player on a majority of the teams in the district? The problem is that these all-district, all-conference, etc. teams are so political that the 12 best players are never on it.

It's absurd the MV got 3 players over CC getting 3 players. If one team should have gotten 3 players, it needed to be CC due to their record, who they beat, and how they beat them.
StraightShooter
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Previous

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests