Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby vikingman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I was kind of disappointed that he didn't go off for 50 or so, this must have been one of his poorest outings of the season--only 10 field goals.

Langstaff's highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvIIpDu1Bk

Since there weren't all that many hi-lites just for him, I made a set for all players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IRCDp59gNQ
vikingman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 pm

he was playing sick today...however, Midkota has kept him to some low totals this year (give them credit)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10385
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 am

Based on the 'all players' highlights, I'd say NS beats Warwick by 20+ if they meet.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby KG4MVP » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 am

sure didnt look like he was playing sick..i agree with highplains, NS will beat them by about 20 if they do meet up. Warwick's defense is pretty poor.
User avatar
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby winner-within » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:51 am

HighPlainsDrifter wrote:Based on the 'all players' highlights, I'd say NS beats Warwick by 20+ if they meet.



I really hope NS gets beat in the Regions....because if they dont REGION 2 is going to put down the mop;;;

I like the Langstaff kids game.............the difference is his ambidexterity ... hes a Lefty but when he attacks he finishes with his right..........Cant teach this....truly a facet of his scoring ability
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Ramsfan8 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 pm

LMAO - Region 2 mop . . . time will tell . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Ramsfan8 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

winner-within wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:Based on the 'all players' highlights, I'd say NS beats Warwick by 20+ if they meet.



I really hope NS gets beat in the Regions....because if they dont REGION 2 is going to put down the mop;;;

I like the Langstaff kids game.............the difference is his ambidexterity ... hes a Lefty but when he attacks he finishes with his right..........Cant teach this....truly a facet of his scoring ability



You hope because you know the outcome if they don't . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby justplayalready » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm

So NS is filming the D7 games???
This signature has been removed as dithyramb to winner-within
User avatar
justplayalready
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Indy5 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:24 pm

winner-within wrote:I like the Langstaff kids game.............the difference is his ambidexterity ... hes a Lefty but when he attacks he finishes with his right..........Cant teach this....truly a facet of his scoring ability

This is what really impressed me. Especially because most left handed kids are far more dominate handed than right handed kids are.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 pm

justplayalready wrote:So NS is filming the D7 games???


I think the videographer said he wanted to get some film of Langstaff in action. I'm sure there were no nefarious purposes :twisted: :twisted:

I'm glad I got to see the video. I agree with the other posters -- he is one smooth operator.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby sportsfan10 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Should've put in the highlights of his big blocks. I think he had 4-5 on the night.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 pm

winner-within wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:Based on the 'all players' highlights, I'd say NS beats Warwick by 20+ if they meet.



I really hope NS gets beat in the Regions....because if they dont REGION 2 is going to put down the mop;;;

I like the Langstaff kids game.............the difference is his ambidexterity ... hes a Lefty but when he attacks he finishes with his right..........Cant teach this....truly a facet of his scoring ability

I found it odd that every lay-up in the video was with his right hand, even from the left side.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby winner-within » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 am

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
HighPlainsDrifter wrote:Based on the 'all players' highlights, I'd say NS beats Warwick by 20+ if they meet.



I really hope NS gets beat in the Regions....because if they dont REGION 2 is going to put down the mop;;;

I like the Langstaff kids game.............the difference is his ambidexterity ... hes a Lefty but when he attacks he finishes with his right..........Cant teach this....truly a facet of his scoring ability

I found it odd that every lay-up in the video was with his right hand, even from the left side.


I don't think its odd at all, its the same guy who can run a screwdriver with either hand..... makes it convenient when your on a ladder.....ya don't have to move the ladder as much!
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:00 pm

We (or maybe just I) seem to be taking some heat for doing this (not so much on this site, but from people contacting us directly).

First, I went there on my own. Our coach didn't ask me to, and he didn't know that I had taped the game until after the fact (I took my own camera--the school camera was at the Langdon game). He has not looked at the tape.

And so what if he had? Do coaches not scout other teams? What would be the difference between a coach going to scout a game himself or having someone else go to the game for him, either to just watch it or tape it? Don't coaches exchange tapes with other teams for scouting purposes? (our football team is REQUIRED to provide tapes to opposing teams). All of our home games are archived on our webcast site. Do you not think that people have looked at those to scout us?--is that considered unethical? (I know they have watched them because I've heard them say so)

There were other people in the stands with camcorders that night as well. It never occurred to me that there was some unwritten rule that it was unethical to tape a team other than your own.

One of the bigger topics on this site has been the Hagler/Langstaff comparison. When Hagler scored 49, I put video up for people who aren't from this area to see his talents. I wanted to do the same for Langstaff. Unfortunately, he didn't have one of his better scoring games.
vikingman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby 14OldSchool » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:28 pm

In the modern world? With video everywhere and somehow you are the bad guy for taping this? Tell the critics to wake up and look at the calendar. The game was public, not a private practice, and as such is for public consumption. But I guess that is just my opinion. Perhaps articles in the daily newspapers and results in the box scores should also be similarly criticized? Because wow, you can see whom you might need to stop in the next game (ok, slow down if you cannot stop him). If you coach or play in that district, or region, and you cannot figure out that Langstaff is really really good...well...The video is not going to help anyway.
"You are in the Army. You're in my Army. Everyday between three and five." - Coach Norman Dale
User avatar
14OldSchool
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:13 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby mlfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:35 pm

vikingman wrote:We (or maybe just I) seem to be taking some heat for doing this (not so much on this site, but from people contacting us directly).

First, I went there on my own. Our coach didn't ask me to, and he didn't know that I had taped the game until after the fact (I took my own camera--the school camera was at the Langdon game). He has not looked at the tape.

And so what if he had? Do coaches not scout other teams? What would be the difference between a coach going to scout a game himself or having someone else go to the game for him, either to just watch it or tape it? Don't coaches exchange tapes with other teams for scouting purposes? (our football team is REQUIRED to provide tapes to opposing teams). All of our home games are archived on our webcast site. Do you not think that people have looked at those to scout us?--is that considered unethical? (I know they have watched them because I've heard them say so)

There were other people in the stands with camcorders that night as well. It never occurred to me that there was some unwritten rule that it was unethical to tape a team other than your own.

One of the bigger topics on this site has been the Hagler/Langstaff comparison. When Hagler scored 49, I put video up for people who aren't from this area to see his talents. I wanted to do the same for Langstaff. Unfortunately, he didn't have one of his better scoring games.


I wonder why people are complaining? why didnt they complain about the Hagler video? I could tell you why its right down jelousy, I would be ashamed of my self if I were them. Langstaff has some serious skills so get over your selves. I have to seriously laugh at people like that. :lol:
mlfan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby yadot » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:46 pm

IMHO you did nothing wrong vikingman. All you have done is given fans who can't see every player or team outside their area a chance to view these talented players and teams. Thank you for all your work.
yadot
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby mlfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:57 pm

yadot wrote:IMHO you did nothing wrong vikingman. All you have done is given fans who can't see every player or team outside their area a chance to view these talented players and teams. Thank you for all your work.


Agreed 100%. I think if it was anyone else but Langstaff this wouldnt even be an issue...Like I said these people just need to get over them selves... Like it or not Langstaff is here to stay and that probly wont be the last video they see either.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Carrington with the win tonight. Langstaff can't do it himself tonight. Haha at least I hope he can't lol.
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby d_fense » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Vikingman,
you did nothing wrong. I enjoyed having a chance to get to see him play, just as I have liked getting a chance to watch some of the north star boys. I wish we could see clips of all the top players in the state. It would sure make it easier to compare some of their skill levels.

Thanks again,
d-fense
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby 2XSTATECHAMP » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Great work Vikingman, You do awesome work. Sounds like a lot of jealousy goin around. You have a great talent and are happy to share it with whoever wants to watch. If people want to watch or not that is their perrogative. You are showing a couple of great talents in their own ways and am glad to watch. So for you people who want to criticize. Why do you watch? I'm sure if you were filming for all the critics schools they wouldn't be complaining.
2XSTATECHAMP
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Indy5 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

mlfan wrote:I wonder why people are complaining? why didnt they complain about the Hagler video? I could tell you why its right down jelousy, I would be ashamed of my self if I were them. Langstaff has some serious skills so get over your selves. I have to seriously laugh at people like that. :lol:

People complained about the Hagler video saying it wasn't necessary to make a video. And that was less open to criticism than this, because he was taping his own team, not a random one that had nothing to do with his that night. Not saying I disagree with you doing this, just saying that is what people are thinking.

Nobody is jealous or even critical of langstaff so stop saying that
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby mlfan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Indy5 wrote:
mlfan wrote:I wonder why people are complaining? why didnt they complain about the Hagler video? I could tell you why its right down jelousy, I would be ashamed of my self if I were them. Langstaff has some serious skills so get over your selves. I have to seriously laugh at people like that. :lol:

People complained about the Hagler video saying it wasn't necessary to make a video. And that was less open to criticism than this, because he was taping his own team, not a random one that had nothing to do with his that night. Not saying I disagree with you doing this, just saying that is what people are thinking.

Nobody is jealous or even critical of langstaff so stop saying that


This video shouldnt even be an issue (period) but I guess you have a right to your opinion unfortunately others disagree.
mlfan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby the big show » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

mlfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
mlfan wrote:I wonder why people are complaining? why didnt they complain about the Hagler video? I could tell you why its right down jelousy, I would be ashamed of my self if I were them. Langstaff has some serious skills so get over your selves. I have to seriously laugh at people like that. :lol:

People complained about the Hagler video saying it wasn't necessary to make a video. And that was less open to criticism than this, because he was taping his own team, not a random one that had nothing to do with his that night. Not saying I disagree with you doing this, just saying that is what people are thinking.

Nobody is jealous or even critical of langstaff so stop saying that


This video shouldnt even be an issue (period) but I guess you have a right to your opinion unfortunately others disagree.


Funny thing is that your the one who started the whole argument, your usually the one who starts most arguments about melvin langstaff on this site. i dont understand what your deal is mlfan, which obviously stands for melvin langstaff fan, people on this site dont say anything bad about melvin and you are trying to take the words out of other peoples mouths and say that they are. He is a tremendous player and i wish the best for him and his team. people are entitled to there opinions, you dont have to get worked up over nothing.
the big show
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 am

Re: Melvin Langstaff video--Midkota vs Warwick

Postby Indy5 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 am

mlfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
mlfan wrote:I wonder why people are complaining? why didnt they complain about the Hagler video? I could tell you why its right down jelousy, I would be ashamed of my self if I were them. Langstaff has some serious skills so get over your selves. I have to seriously laugh at people like that. :lol:

People complained about the Hagler video saying it wasn't necessary to make a video. And that was less open to criticism than this, because he was taping his own team, not a random one that had nothing to do with his that night. Not saying I disagree with you doing this, just saying that is what people are thinking.

Nobody is jealous or even critical of langstaff so stop saying that


This video shouldnt even be an issue (period) but I guess you have a right to your opinion unfortunately others disagree.

I didn't say that was my opinion. I have no problem with the video.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Next

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest