Jake Hagler vs Hunter Berg

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Jake Hagler vs Hunter Berg

Postby Ramsfan8 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:36 am

a 2011 Class B boys Basketball Championship winner, 2011 state final champion football game runner up, another Class B state trip in Basketball in 2012 . . . the young man is a winner, how many people in North Dakota can say that other than this group from North Star . . . IMO there is no comparison necessary, he is a winner, his team mates are winners, he has exceptional parents and a great supporting family, enough said on this . . . Good Luck Bear Cats in State! Looking forward to cheering with the most dedicated fans in state . . .
Ramsfan8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justplayalready » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:56 am

Ramsfan8 wrote:a 2011 Class B boys Basketball Championship winner, 2011 state final champion football game runner up, another Class B state trip in Basketball in 2012 . . . the young man is a winner, how many people in North Dakota can say that other than this group from North Star . . . IMO there is no comparison necessary, he is a winner, his team mates are winners, he has exceptional parents and a great supporting family, enough said on this . . . Good Luck Bear Cats in State! Looking forward to cheering with the most dedicated fans in state . . .

Grafton
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 am

First I think Melvin is a better player.... he is a complete basketball player. The kid can pass the ball and score. Makes his team better.
Again these comments are made about North Star being the best ever.... They have had a great run but the state of ND has had great teams in the past. Ever heard of Mayville-Portland with all the Jacobson kids?

Again you are back to comparing Hagler and Berg. My point again is Hagler has great kids around him playing great basketball, football and baseball. Not saying the kid is not a great player because he is but he is a great player amoung other really good/great players.
It was Hunter and Hunter alone.
Take Hagler and put him on a team with 6 wins on the year... do you think he would take them to state and win state being double and tripled team the whole time.... I don't know and either do you.

How about that kid from Page.....in the late 80's...... Brian Buhr..
Also the great Newburg teams......
How about Munich teams....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller030 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm

justplayalready wrote:
Ramsfan8 wrote:a 2011 Class B boys Basketball Championship winner, 2011 state final champion football game runner up, another Class B state trip in Basketball in 2012 . . . the young man is a winner, how many people in North Dakota can say that other than this group from North Star . . . IMO there is no comparison necessary, he is a winner, his team mates are winners, he has exceptional parents and a great supporting family, enough said on this . . . Good Luck Bear Cats in State! Looking forward to cheering with the most dedicated fans in state . . .

Grafton

Linton when the won it took 2nd in football and 3rd in track and linton this year also to 2nd in state football
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys