Young Guns

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Young Guns

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Who do you guys believe are the younger players (sophomores and younger) that will have a big impact as they get older?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Re: Young Guns

Postby kingjames101 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 am

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Who do you guys believe are the younger players (sophomores and younger) that will have a big impact as they get older?

Ryan Chrest Cavalier sophomore, Brock Robbins Cavalier freshman
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:11 pm

North Star has two 7th graders who play JV they will be studs
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:North Star has two 7th graders who play JV they will be studs

Who are they?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby VOTCC » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:32 pm

One of the 7th graders is a Komrosky (sp?) kid (Tanner's younger brother) & he will be a good one. Not sure of the other one, did hear they had 2 good 7th graders. You can throw in the 6'5 Weston kid (freshman), Northstar has a pretty good future (might have 1 or 2 years of growing pains---maybe), there going to be tough even after Hagler & Grande leave (probably not quite as good), but you never know.
VOTCC
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 pm

VOTCC wrote:One of the 7th graders is a Komrosky (sp?) kid (Tanner's younger brother) & he will be a good one. Not sure of the other one, did hear they had 2 good 7th graders. You can throw in the 6'5 Weston kid (freshman), Northstar has a pretty good future (might have 1 or 2 years of growing pains---maybe), there going to be tough even after Hagler & Grande leave (probably not quite as good), but you never know.

I believe the other is a Heisler. They are both going to be tough.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Any kids out of region 1?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:34 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Any kids out of region 1?

Wyatt Mund, Sophomore, Milnor
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm

garek droog. Grafton. he gets better every game he plays. 6.4' sophomore. Jake Hansons cousin
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 pm

All are Varsity athletes:
***denotes starters at some point during season

**Eric Bachmeier (Kindred) - Sophomore (note: several 20+ point games this season)
**D'Angelo Burns (F-C-T) - Sophomore (note: already had a 43 point game this season)
**Wyatt Mund (Milnor) - Sophomore (note: several double-doubles this season)
**Kayne Griffith (Richland) - Sophomore
James Richman (Maple Valley) - Sophomore (note: monsterous dunk and 16 points vs. Oak Grove this year)
Isaac Olson (Oak Grove) - Freshman
Christian Adams (Oak Grove) - Freshman
Carter Kretchman (Oak Grove) - Freshman
Adam Breske (Central Cass) - Freshman
**Cody Springer (Northern Cass) - 8th Grade
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby wolves65 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 pm

is the n cass kid that good or are they that bad that they have to play an 8th grader?
IMO the Kretchman kid is a few years away, he is just to small to be effective. The other 2 Oak Grove kids have the size to at least compete now.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 pm

wolves65 wrote:is the n cass kid that good or are they that bad that they have to play an 8th grader?
IMO the Kretchman kid is a few years away, he is just to small to be effective. The other 2 Oak Grove kids have the size to at least compete now.

Springer is a decent ball player...he started against Oak Grove early in the season when Cargile was injured and scored about 10 points (most from the FT line).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby letsrap » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Brady Theilges LaMoure
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Who do you guys believe are the younger players (sophomores and younger) that will have a big impact as they get older?

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

**Eric Bachmeier (Kindred) - Sophomore (note: several 20+ point games this season)
**D'Angelo Burns (F-C-T) - Sophomore (note: already had a 43 point game this season)
James Richman (Maple Valley) - Sophomore (note: monsterous dunk and 16 points vs. Oak Grove this year)

The question was young players that will be impact players in the future...not right now. This is a solid list from Region 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsknowledge » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

letsrap wrote:Brady Theilges LaMoure

Agreed, saw that he has led LaMoure in scoring the last few games. Only a sophomore
Sportsknowledge
NDPreps Starter

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm

Richmond boy has unbelievable hops and height. Bachmeier is really fast and good at driving and shooting. I agree that Kretchman is too small for now. Isaac Olson is really tall for only a freshman and he can shoot well.
teams will have to watch out for him. I also saw the NC vs. Oak Grove game. Question: Is Adam Breske Hannah Breske's brother?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:57 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Richmond boy has unbelievable hops and height. Bachmeier is really fast and good at driving and shooting. I agree that Kretchman is too small for now. Isaac Olson is really tall for only a freshman and he can shoot well.
teams will have to watch out for him. I also saw the NC vs. Oak Grove game. Question: Is Adam Breske Hannah Breske's brother?

Yes, Adam Breske is Hannah's younger brother and he is a very talented BB player like his sister. He will be very fun to watch in the next few years! I would guess he would be seeing a lot of varsity time next year as a sophomore.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:13 am

ClassBEast wrote:
ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Richmond boy has unbelievable hops and height. Bachmeier is really fast and good at driving and shooting. I agree that Kretchman is too small for now. Isaac Olson is really tall for only a freshman and he can shoot well.

Yes, Adam Breske is Hannah's younger brother and he is a very talented BB player like his sister. He will be very fun to watch in the next few years! I would guess he would be seeing a lot of varsity time next year as a sophomore.

What level is he at this year?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 am

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:

What level is he at this year?

He plays mostly JV and gets a few minutes on varsity at the end of the game if there is a big lead. Obviously, if he was on most other teams in the state, he would be playing a lot more varsity. He just happens to be a young player on a very good team.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 am

letsrap wrote:Brady Theilges LaMoure

How many Theilges are there from LaMoure?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 pm

packers21 wrote:
VOTCC wrote:One of the 7th graders is a Komrosky (sp?) kid (Tanner's younger brother) & he will be a good one. Not sure of the other one, did hear they had 2 good 7th graders. You can throw in the 6'5 Weston kid (freshman), Northstar has a pretty good future (might have 1 or 2 years of growing pains---maybe), there going to be tough even after Hagler & Grande leave (probably not quite as good), but you never know.

I believe the other is a Heisler. They are both going to be tough.

Yes them are the two two bad Weston started school early he could be a 8th grader
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 pm

FW-M: remember these names - Steve Redfox, Jalen Larock, Ashton Thompson and Durrel Keo. 7th graders, Haven't even been challenged since 5th grade. Only team to beat them the last 3 years is a team from Iowa at the Target center. They beat a team with a mix of Devils Lake/ Cando players for the state title last summer. Redfox is gonna be a special player.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

senditin wrote:FW-M: remember these names - Steve Redfox, Jalen Larock, Ashton Thompson and Durrel Keo. 7th graders, Haven't even been challenged since 5th grade. Only team to beat them the last 3 years is a team from Iowa at the Target center. They beat a team with a mix of Devils Lake/ Cando players for the state title last summer. Redfox is gonna be a special player.

Is this Woodlawn Elementary or someting like that? Sorry if I have it wrong.

If so, yes they are going to be VERY good. I saw this group play last year in Jamestown and they were dominant.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 pm

If Hag sr. keeps Coaching they will continue to have the Program they will continue to be Competitive.......I do believe total Dominance ends after next season.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan25 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I would add Briton Bussman to this list; he's started for Milnor along with Wyatt Mund and is their 2nd leading scorer behind him on a team that's 2nd in District 1.
sportsfan25
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys