District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4

Postby packers21 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am

1. Grafton
2. PR-FL
3. Cavalier
4. DVE
5. MM
6. NB

**MM and VE could finish with the same district record if MM beat Cav this week.

Grafton and PR will get byes and the 3 & 6 will play each other and 4 &5 will play each other first night of districts.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am

Its going to be a Good tournament!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 pm

packers21 wrote:1. Grafton
2. PR-FL
3. Cavalier
4. DVE
5. MM
6. NB

**MM and VE could finish with the same district record if MM beat Cav this week.

Grafton and PR will get byes and the 3 & 6 will play each other and 4 &5 will play each other first night of districts.

i am glad that grafton will not be in Cavalier's bracket. they have given Grafton 2 very close games.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby old#63 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:41 pm

thewanderer wrote:
old#63 wrote:Grafton was fortunate to come up with the W. Cavalier was the better defensive team by far. If Grafton plans to make a run to state they are going to have to start to show more work on the defensive end. My man Droog had a poor showing as well. :? Grafton won, but I'm not sure they deserved it.

i will agree with you on the D, Grafton needs to step it up. Cavlier worked very hard, good intensity. Grafton wins another close one. that is just what they do. they will need more production in the 1/2 court. Jiskra annd Hanson can both break people down with the dribble, they need to work on screens and spacing. if they do, the kick out to lundquist will be there as well as the dish to post players, assuming they dont score themselves. As far a Droog goes, i think "poor showing" is a little harsh as he didnt get enough minutes to even formulate an opinion on his performance. JMHO

Sorry, my apologies if it sounded like I dissin' on Droog. Not my intension at all. I love the kid. Plays with more enthusiam than anybody on the floor. Definitely earns the most improved status on the Grafton squad. Only mentioned him in my comments to contrast the fact that he has been playing more and producing more in other games. Droog will be the backbone of the 12-13 team.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm

what, no love for Contreras? i know he didn't play mucho minutes, but the defensive (and offensive) job he did was amazing, on a bum ankle he injured in the JV game. talk about sucking it up and the desire to win. if this kid had the machismo required to play hard all the time he'd be the 5th starter for sure. maybe . . . never mind. i know he'll probably never get the press required to boost him up, wonder why.
coolhandluke
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm

coolhandluke wrote:what, no love for Contreras? i know he didn't play mucho minutes, but the defensive (and offensive) job he did was amazing, on a bum ankle he injured in the JV game. talk about sucking it up and the desire to win. if this kid had the machismo required to play hard all the time he'd be the 5th starter for sure. maybe . . . never mind. i know he'll probably never get the press required to boost him up, wonder why.

I agree, Contreras will be a big part of next years team as well. Lots of natural athletic ability, and only a soph as well. I'm not sure I'd put him as 5th man on this years team, but he certainly deserves some varsity minutes as he developes his talent. The Spoilers will graduate all of this years starters, so giving these younger kids some varsity time is important.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

packers21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Grafton won the first time in Cavalier by 3. Tonight, I'll take Grafton by 15. 5 more points for Grafton having the home court, and 7 more points for Cavalier not being prepared to handle how much Droog has improved.

I'd say by 20 if Grafton wasn't so lazy on defense. That's the biggest difference right now between most of Mike Hanson's teams and this years group. They are too lazy on defense. Man up defense doesn't work unless everybody hussles their tails off.

I agree with you except Ill give them 15 points for just being at home...Droog and Chrest cancel each other out..both have come a long ways

Droog played 1 minute the first match up.....Brock Robbins is better than Droog and Chrest is second team all state material

Droog is better than Robbins (should be starting on a 1 loss team) and Chrest is not 2nd team all state this year...all 3 are very good and will be fun to watch for many years

Brock is stronger and more athletic....much more complete as a player........I think a couple of Grafton's subs could start and they wouldn't miss a beat and their record would even be the same, but if your saying he has a lot to do with only losing once...I disagree....he doesn't play enough.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm

U just said yesterday u dont care who is better individually? Why even post this? You take Robbins and Id be more than happy to take Droog. Im not going to argue w u over it, u think Robbins is better and I think Droog is and I dont even think its that close.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm

packers21 wrote:U just said yesterday u dont care who is better individually? Why even post this? You take Robbins and Id be more than happy to take Droog. Im not going to argue w u over it, u think Robbins is better and I think Droog is and I dont even think its that close.

I also thought saying Chrest and Droog was a wash was way far fetched

I'm trying to clear the air in case your lost in the fog.. :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm

winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:U just said yesterday u dont care who is better individually? Why even post this? You take Robbins and Id be more than happy to take Droog. Im not going to argue w u over it, u think Robbins is better and I think Droog is and I dont even think its that close.

heyyy well alright now, here we go now, whaterya gunna give forem'
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:54 pm

thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I have a 600 dollar down here now 10 and now 25 and now 35 and now there 50 now 60 will ya' give me 60 now 75, 75 another 85 dollars another buy 'em there. .... :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:13 pm

winner-within wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I have a 600 dollar down here now 10 and now 25 and now 35 and now there 50 now 60 will ya' give me 60 now 75, 75 another 85 dollars another buy 'em there. .... :wink:

Based on that i'll take Chrest and for 25 less Robbins and Laxdahl, and for 40 more Hanson and Paulson, And maybe with the $$$$ left i'll take Winner and Wanderer for coaches give me any 8th graders you want for bench. Well i guess i'll see you sat night @ the Alerus Center after our game.. And that will be the BEST BUY i ever make... :D :D :D
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 pm

What time is the CC/Grafton match up?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:00 pm

winner-within wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Sold that hog for a fifty-five dollar bill? LVD
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Shes an 8, shes a 9, she's a 10 I know!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I want a picture of that $55 bill, gotta get sum of those.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

my roupredictions

Grafton, PR-F-L first round buy

Round one
Cavalier over NB
VED over M-M

Round 2
Grafton over VED
Cavalier over PR-F-L
Championship
Grafton over Cav by 10
NB and PR-F-L make regions
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

thewanderer wrote:my roupredictions

Grafton, PR-F-L first round buy

Round one
Cavalier over NB
VED over M-M

Round 2
Grafton over VED
Cavalier over PR-F-L
Championship
Grafton over Cav by 10
NB and PR-F-L make regions

You are close but Cav over Grafton Chrest guards Hanson and Cav wins by 8.. :idea: :wink: :lol: :wink: :!: :idea: :wink: :idea: :wink: :idea: :lol:
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:34 pm

I think VE snips Grafton in OT in the Semis .......Cavalier Beats VE for the GOLD!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm

winner-within wrote:I think VE snips Grafton in OT in the Semis .......Cavalier Beats VE for the GOLD!!!

I think I like this one a little bit better. With this happening I really think this might be what gives Grafton the spark to Fire up the Engines and get going.... Only time will tell.. Sorry Wanderer :mrgreen:
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm

winner-within wrote:I think VE snips Grafton in OT in the Semis .......Cavalier Beats VE for the GOLD!!!

Thats the only way Cavalier wins the district is by someone else doing the dirty work for them, cause Grafton won't lose to Cavalier this year. :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

ndfan wrote:

Thats the only way Cavalier wins the district is by someone else doing the dirty work for them, cause Grafton won't lose to Cavalier this year. :mrgreen:

Ahhhhhhhhhh Bite Me!!!!! $100 says cav wins next grafton got lucky Monday night. If Grafton posts would get in shape and not play LAZY Defense as a team maybe just maybe u might have a repeat of 2011. But they have to WANT it first. I've supported grafton and will cont when we don't play each other and go back and read that made ref to maybe was the best thing to get your boys playing.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 pm

kingjames101 wrote:
ndfan wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhh Bite Me!!!!! $100 says cav wins next grafton got lucky Monday night. If Grafton posts would get in shape and not play LAZY Defense as a team maybe just maybe u might have a repeat of 2011. But they have to WANT it first. I've supported grafton and will cont when we don't play each other and go back and read that made ref to maybe was the best thing to get your boys playing.

hahaha I love it. I understand what you were saying just had to put a little jab in there. Anyways I do hope Cavalier does well now that Mr. Ford is coaching I wanna see him do well!! Don't take anything i say on this site to serious :D
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 pm

ndfan wrote:
kingjames101 wrote:
ndfan wrote:

hahaha I love it. I understand what you were saying just had to put a little jab in there. Anyways I do hope Cavalier does well now that Mr. Ford is coaching I wanna see him do well!! Don't take anything i say on this site to serious :D

Oh bud im still laughing remember i payed my dues last year and kept my word didnt i yeah now you REMEMBER and I also cheered for Grafton @ state, the only thing that I didnt do was wear a SPOILER shirt cuz you didnt hook me up. I may talk the SMACK but dont take anything personal. As soon as i saw that you posted I thought here we go, bait the hook, wait, wait, and set the hook. Best part our roles are reversed this year and you have the BULLSEYE. And I LOVE IT!!!!!
I cant wait going to be AWESOME tourney. Keep it rolling, GOOD LUCK, and PEACE OUT bud..
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:06 pm

kingjames101 wrote:
ndfan wrote:

I will take a piece of that action. i think the wake up call came against CC. now the time has come......
"THE RUN"
is upon us. Yes come one, come all to see a repeat of last year. Grafton Boys BBall team recreates "THE RUN" of 2011. You heard it first here. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys