District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:50 am

thewanderer wrote:if it had to be, iwould rather give them one now and one next year. lol. but...................................................................................I dont think so!

I think cav sweeps them next year...but not this year
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thewanderer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm

i think Grafton will suprise a few folks next year. I will call a split for next year. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 pm

packers21 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:if it had to be, iwould rather give them one now and one next year. lol. but...................................................................................I dont think so!

Cavalier has already lost to Grafton (by 2 points) so I wasn't calling for a sweep...I'm just thinking out loud and I believe this could be Cavs chance to get those 2 tournament wins back... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Cavalier has already lost to Grafton (by 2 points) so I wasn't calling for a sweep...I'm just thinking out loud and I believe this could be Cavs chance to get those 2 tournament wins back... :)

I should of been more clear when I said not this year. I know Grafton already beat Cav. I meant Cav will beat them twice next year, but will not beat them this year.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

The key to winning is poise under Stress... :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm gonna go with Grafton by 10 tonight. Will be close most of the way but Grafton pulls away at the end. Also Grafton will be raising its 2011 state football championship banner at halftime of the girls game tonight.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:53 pm

ndfan wrote:I'm gonna go with Grafton by 10 tonight. Will be close most of the way but Grafton pulls away at the end. Also Grafton will be raising its 2011 state football championship banner at halftime of the girls game tonight.

[here we go spoilers, here we go. here we go spoilers, here we go :D :D ][/u]
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:58 pm

thewanderer wrote:
ndfan wrote:I'm gonna go with Grafton by 10 tonight. Will be close most of the way but Grafton pulls away at the end. Also Grafton will be raising its 2011 state football championship banner at halftime of the girls game tonight.

[here we go spoilers, here we go. here we go spoilers, here we go :D :D ][/u]

Go home take a nap going to be a long night for ya. With all the games!!!!
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Grafton Girls could easily win by 10....... :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Grafton won the first time in Cavalier by 3. Tonight, I'll take Grafton by 15. 5 more points for Grafton having the home court, and 7 more points for Cavalier not being prepared to handle how much Droog has improved.

I'd say by 20 if Grafton wasn't so lazy on defense. That's the biggest difference right now between most of Mike Hanson's teams and this years group. They are too lazy on defense. Man up defense doesn't work unless everybody hussles their tails off.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

old#63 wrote:Grafton won the first time in Cavalier by 3. Tonight, I'll take Grafton by 15. 5 more points for Grafton having the home court, and 7 more points for Cavalier not being prepared to handle how much Droog has improved.

I'd say by 20 if Grafton wasn't so lazy on defense. That's the biggest difference right now between most of Mike Hanson's teams and this years group. They are too lazy on defense. Man up defense doesn't work unless everybody hussles their tails off.

I agree with you except Ill give them 15 points for just being at home...Droog and Chrest cancel each other out..both have come a long ways
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm

packers21 wrote:
old#63 wrote:Grafton won the first time in Cavalier by 3. Tonight, I'll take Grafton by 15. 5 more points for Grafton having the home court, and 7 more points for Cavalier not being prepared to handle how much Droog has improved.

I agree with you except Ill give them 15 points for just being at home...Droog and Chrest cancel each other out..both have come a long ways

Droog played 1 minute the first match up.....Brock Robbins is better than Droog and Chrest is second team all state material
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm not questioning that Cavalier has some players that are better than Droog. My point is that Cavalier will not be prepared in this game for how much Droog is used on the offensive end of Grafton's game. It will take Cavalier time to adjust, and by then Droog will have his 7 points (or maybe more).
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm

old#63 wrote:I'm not questioning that Cavalier has some players that are better than Droog. My point is that Cavalier will not be prepared in this game for how much Droog is used on the offensive end of Grafton's game. It will take Cavalier time to adjust, and by then Droog will have his 7 points (or maybe more).

So he's playing more than he was
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:50 pm

winner-within wrote:
old#63 wrote:I'm not questioning that Cavalier has some players that are better than Droog. My point is that Cavalier will not be prepared in this game for how much Droog is used on the offensive end of Grafton's game. It will take Cavalier time to adjust, and by then Droog will have his 7 points (or maybe more).

So he's playing more than he was

Yup, I'm seeing a lot of the same types of improvement with Droog that we saw with Jiskra during his sophomore year. Droog is obviously never going to be as fluid as Jiskra, but he is coming into his own in terms of coordination vs. his height. And he is a very good shooter.

Doesn't start, but in my mind he is in the top 5 on the team. He needs to improve on the defensive end, but once that happens, he will be tough.
Last edited by old#63 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:55 pm

winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Droog played 1 minute the first match up.....Brock Robbins is better than Droog and Chrest is second team all state material

Droog is better than Robbins (should be starting on a 1 loss team) and Chrest is not 2nd team all state this year...all 3 are very good and will be fun to watch for many years
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Well you know more than I do!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 pm

winner-within wrote:Well you know more than I do!

Sure hope Droog doesn't trip on his feet tonight, now that I've been bragging him up.
:shock: :)
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames101 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 pm

old#63 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Well you know more than I do!

Sure hope Droog doesn't trip on his feet tonight, now that I've been bragging him up.
:shock: :)

You will be ok he will do fine I don't think he is comparable to chrest though. Droog @ this point would need more time to be the same level. Not saying he wont because I've made the statement several times this year that droog would be graftons changing factor come tourney time and he will be a great player of the future.
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Buck » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Cav 40
Graf 37
end 3 rd
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Buck » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Cav 50
Graf 55
Final it was a dogfight to the end.

Hanson gets his 1000 pt.
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby old#63 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Grafton was fortunate to come up with the W. Cavalier was the better defensive team by far. If Grafton plans to make a run to state they are going to have to start to show more work on the defensive end. My man Droog had a poor showing as well. :? Grafton won, but I'm not sure they deserved it.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:38 am

old#63 wrote:Grafton was fortunate to come up with the W. Cavalier was the better defensive team by far. If Grafton plans to make a run to state they are going to have to start to show more work on the defensive end. My man Droog had a poor showing as well. :? Grafton won, but I'm not sure they deserved it.

I personally don't care whose better than who (individually)..........and please dont put any Pressure on Young Droog........Instead lean on The Seniors (for both teams), they are the Leaders, they need to focus on what it will take to win out..... they also need to focus on NO BLAMING....and Blame themselves.

Grafton by 10???.........You Better Find some worse Refs.............and You best find them fast!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 am

old#63 wrote:Grafton was fortunate to come up with the W. Cavalier was the better defensive team by far. If Grafton plans to make a run to state they are going to have to start to show more work on the defensive end. My man Droog had a poor showing as well. :? Grafton won, but I'm not sure they deserved it.

i will agree with you on the D, Grafton needs to step it up. Cavlier worked very hard, good intensity. Grafton wins another close one. that is just what they do. they will need more production in the 1/2 court. Jiskra annd Hanson can both break people down with the dribble, they need to work on screens and spacing. if they do, the kick out to lundquist will be there as well as the dish to post players, assuming they dont score themselves. As far a Droog goes, i think "poor showing" is a little harsh as he didnt get enough minutes to even formulate an opinion on his performance. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 am

Correct me If I'm wrong but Grafton (1) Cavalier (2) are officially 1st and 2end in District 4 after last Nights games thought out??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys