District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

...I personally think if Grafton is a 9-10 ball club (and I think they are) than they're already playing 7-8 and at times a glimpse of 9-10....they are just fine, 1 loss (to the #1 team) aint bad in the middle of January.
I will stick with Dravland being a enormous loss, and the Shot clock setting them into a little faster pace, as their 2 major adjustments.
Jake had a great game at east grand last night and I am sure he will start pouring it on thicker as the season progresses.

I saw a little Irony in Cavalier on Saturday when the game came down to the wire and there was 45 seconds on the game clock with their 2 point lead they were forced to make a play instead of being able to run it out. This could happen in many games before its over.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 pm

winner-within wrote:...I personally think if Grafton is a 9-10 ball club (and I think they are) than they're already playing 7-8 and at times a glimpse of 9-10....they are just fine, 1 loss (to the #1 team) aint bad in the middle of January.
I will stick with Dravland being a enormous loss, and the Shot clock setting them into a little faster pace, as their 2 major adjustments.
Jake had a great game at east grand last night and I am sure he will start pouring it on thicker as the season progresses.

I saw a little Irony in Cavalier on Saturday when the game came down to the wire and there was 45 seconds on the game clock with their 2 point lead they were forced to make a play instead of being able to run it out. This could happen in many games before its over.

you make a good point winner. 1 loss to NS isnt a bad start at all. It just feels like we have more in that tank than we are getting when we step on the gas in a couple of the last few games. JMHO
Last edited by thewanderer on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 pm

I saw a lot of "jeez there should be more in that tank" last season ....believe me your doing fine.....A kids Mind stays the same from 15 thru 17 and then from 17 to 18 they finally come to realization that there is nothing they dont know...Lol :)
I know this because I past through that period of life.....Simply put, it makes Synchronicity and the Trust Factor that much more of a challenge.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 am

Grafton won a close one vs Valley/Edinburg last night. Grafton is making me nervous with alot of close wins. makes the games more exiting but Grafton needs to start imposing their will or one of the close games wont go their way. Season enders in tourney time. JMHO
Last edited by thewanderer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

District 4......wide open!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:46 am

I agree with winner this is as close as the district has been in a while top-bottom anyone can beat anyone. Grafton is always going to have close games especially district games "wanderer" they have the target on their backs and the fact is they are not as dominate as they were last year without dravland.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 am

packers21 wrote:I agree with winner this is as close as the district has been in a while top-bottom anyone can beat anyone. Grafton is always going to have close games especially district games "wanderer" they have the target on their backs and the fact is they are not as dominate as they were last year without dravland.

They gotta good Coach...real Good....but hes thinking.....he's gotta go to his 3 assistants more... :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 pm

winner-within wrote:District 4......wide open!!

agreed. open/not wide open
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 pm

packers21 wrote:I agree with winner this is as close as the district has been in a while top-bottom anyone can beat anyone. Grafton is always going to have close games especially district games "wanderer" they have the target on their backs and the fact is they are not as dominate as they were last year without dravland.

i agree packers21. Dravland was a big loss but we didnt blow any one out last year either and were in no sense, dominant. i think the distrcict was way stronger last year with the likes of Cavs fab 5, shanilec and shepard. Grafton just wins alot of close games lets say 10 points or less. All it takes is a couple of hot shooters or foul trouble and things go wrong for grafton. i have seen them build big leads quickly. hanging on to them has been tough. maybe shot clocks is playing into this scenario. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 pm

I will say this...If Grafton fans don't feel Grafton is synchronized at this point in the season then maybe they aren't.
neither is VE or Cavalier
Remember what Coach Hanson Told his Players before the Regional Final last year "If we hold Cavalier under 40 we will win"....they did just that..... wouldn't have had the opportunity if the Shot clock would have been around then.
Point being he is not a run style coach and O'hare and Laxdal don't have a problem with Run
The Best run team in the District that I have seen so far is Cavalier.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Grafton just needs a good service job with a oil change, tire rotation to get everything fixed and in shape running top notch. They have been running on the roadside assistance program this season with their break downs and changes. They can run beside any team out there but they have to run ahead of them and when they all realize they can and want too everything will fall into place..
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 am

District 4 is an interesting subject....District 3 may be cut and dried! Region 2 is like a Taco ina bag!.....some Concessions have it some don't....all we can ask is for fairness.............Roll Tide!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby kingjames101 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 am

winner-within wrote:District 4 is an interesting subject....District 3 may be cut and dried! Region 2 is like a Taco ina bag!.....some Concessions have it some don't....all we can ask is for fairness.............Roll Tide!!

You always have a good comeback and I got a good laugh with it too. So are the coaches or reffs the jalapenos that's some have to top off the Taco in a bag..... Jeeezzz we r comparing kids to automobiles and food what's next????????? Well I guess we will see if the other 1 of the 3 stougies can hit us up with a good music quote......
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
kingjames101
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 am

kingjames101 wrote:Grafton just needs a good service job with a oil change, tire rotation to get everything fixed and in shape running top notch. They have been running on the roadside assistance program this season with their break downs and changes. They can run beside any team out there but they have to run ahead of them and when they all realize they can and want too everything will fall into place..

"roadside assistance"? you must be a fan of Genereal Motors. i would guess, GMC? i wonder if ford, chrysler and the foreign auo makers will ever offer a good customer assistance program for their customers. lol

ps i agree with your comments
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bearcatsroll » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

The way it's shaping up, it seems like it's going to be a battle for 2nd in the district unless someone can knock Grafton down. Cav and PR with 2 district losses a piece and each of them with another shot at Grafton.
Bearcatsroll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thewanderer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am

district 4 tourney is going to be more interesting than i thought. i still believe it is grafton's to lose. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 am

Well with all the Talk of Hagler, Paulson etc. etc. There is still that QB Kid from Grafton who can play some serious round ball too!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby thewanderer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 am

winner-within wrote:Well with all the Talk of Hagler, Paulson etc. etc. There is still that QB Kid from Grafton who can play some serious round ball too!

agreed. the best formula for grafton is getting all 7-8 kids pumpin on 8 cyl. its alot to ask but thats what happened last year. score more, allow less. they CAN do it. WILL they. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 pm

thewanderer wrote:
winner-within wrote:Well with all the Talk of Hagler, Paulson etc. etc. There is still that QB Kid from Grafton who can play some serious round ball too!

agreed. the best formula for grafton is getting all 7-8 kids pumpin on 8 cyl. its alot to ask but thats what happened last year. score more, allow less. they CAN do it. WILL they. JMHO

I think thats every teams goal going into every game.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:30 pm

packers21 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

If you've never coached, You'd be surprised
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:42 pm

winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

What I said has nothing at all to do with coaching, all I said was that the formula for Grafton would be the same for anyteam.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thewanderer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

i know thats everyones goal. my point was that it rarely happens. it did for grafton last year. CAN/Will is the question.
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 pm

packers21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

What I said has nothing at all to do with coaching, all I said was that the formula for Grafton would be the same for anyteam.

You did say "I think"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:28 pm

winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
packers21 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

You did say "I think"[/quot

ok let me rephrase.

thats every teams goal going into every game
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:29 pm

thewanderer wrote:i know thats everyones goal. my point was that it rarely happens. it did for grafton last year. CAN/Will is the question.

I'd say its theirs to lose
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys