District 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:02 pm

AandBfan wrote:BCN beat PBK tonight 59-56
Interesting, though BCN was better than that. Then again, PBK has been showing signs of improvement. Sure makes things interesting though.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsbest44 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:06 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
Interesting, though BCN was better than that. Then again, PBK has been showing signs of improvement. Sure makes things interesting though.

PBK jumped out on them and had about a 10 point lead in the first half. Sizer had a big second half, i think that saved them tonight.
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:13 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

PBK jumped out on them and had about a 10 point lead in the first half. Sizer had a big second half, i think that saved them tonight.

Interesting, where was the game played at?

bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsbest44 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:15 pm

It was in Kensal
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:It was in Kensal
So behind Lamoure who has been playing better lately, whos next in that district?
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:48 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:

Simonson and Torgerson couldn't miss. I thought Hintz was better.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsbest44 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:42 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
ndsbest44 wrote:It was in Kensal
So behind Lamoure who has been playing better lately, whos next in that district?

Lamoure's at the top, and then after that not much seperates the other teams. Ellendales in second right now but they've been falling off lately. LMM's had a couple real tough losses lately and they're  probably number 4 or 5 right now. BCN's in the 3 spot right now, but all of these could change in the next two weeks. LMM plays BCN and Lamoure the next two weeks those two games should be really telling in how the district shapes out
Last edited by ndsbest44 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby 24/7ndfan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:34 am

does anyone think central prarie could sneak in at the 3 spot????
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:33 pm

how many district losses does BCN have, they've lost to ellendale and lamoure, and then how many does central prarie have??
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballjones » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:49 am

hoopsstar2391 wrote:how many district losses does BCN have, they've lost to ellendale and lamoure, and then how many does central prarie have??

I know bcn only has 2 losses, as for central prarie i know they lost to kulm and bcn not sure if they lost to anyone else though
basketballjones

Postby rkmt » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am

basketballjones wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:how many district losses does BCN have, they've lost to ellendale and lamoure, and then how many does central prarie have??

I know bcn only has 2 losses, as for central prarie i know they lost to kulm and bcn not sure if they lost to anyone else though

CP lost to Tappen, but plays them again Thursday Feb 8 for 1 pt in the standings.  They've also lost to LaMoure.  They play PBK and Edgeley in addition to Tappen, and if they win out they could end up 9-7.  I don't know what that would do seeding-wise - possibly a 4-5??? That is if some other games go as I would predict. 

Someone asked if CP could sneak in at 3 - If BCN loses out (they have LMM and Kulm remaining), CP might have a shot at the 3 seed.  There are several interesting games left over the next week or so.
Last edited by rkmt on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:59 am

central pririe[user=1213]basketballjones[/user] wrote:

central prairie just lost to lamoure last week

berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:05 am

I'd say L-M-M, BCN, Central Prarie, Kulm, and Ellendale all have a shot at the 2 seed.  Kulm and LMM play tonight, and Ellendale still has to play LaMoure. Right now I'd say BCN is # 2, Ellendale is # 3.  Any of those teams above could get the 2 or 3 seed.  There are a lot of key games left to be played.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OilCanBoy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:20 pm

PBK loses another close one to Central Prairie with a score of 47-41.  But they were also missing one of their best players Simonsen who was sick for the game.  It probably would've been a whole different ball game if they would've had him.
OilCanBoy

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:05 pm

LMM beat Kulm tonight by 4.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:31 pm

did lamoure and ellendale play tonight? i keep looking for it and haven't heard anything.
rep

Postby berry186 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:39 pm

ya i heard LaMoure won by 9 or close to that
Last edited by berry186 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:15 am

The regular season is ending, let's hear everybody's choices for the awards...Senior player of the year, coach of the year, and a few all district choices.
Rocky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballjones » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:49 am

Rocky wrote:The regular season is ending, let's hear everybody's choices for the awards...Senior player of the year, coach of the year, and a few all district choices.

Senior Player of the year is beau sizer,  coach of the year is Brian Vance ellendale, a few all district are, ben holen, beau sizer, caleb shockman, derek barnick
basketballjones

Postby mdk23 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:52 am

I think district coach of the year should go to Chad Lueck at LMM. First year coach has done a good job leading his team to a top half finish in the district. A few of my all district considerations would be Sizer, Holen, Schockman, Brandvold, Lindgren, Brown, Rodin, Arnold, Christ, Barnick, and Hintz. I'm sure I am forgetting a few but those are the ones that come to me right off hand. As far as Senior player, I am almost certain Sizer gets it, but I think Barnick should be mentioned as well, even though I have not seen his stats.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby AandBfan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:55 am

Vance from Ellendale for coach of the year, Sizer for senior player, some all district will be Holen, Shockman, Sizer, Ketterling from ellendale, Barnick from tappen, Hintz from pbk
Last edited by AandBfan on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:51 am

I think that coach of the year is between Vance and Lueck with Vance taking it.....Senior player of the year Beau Sizer from BCN....Some people that should be looked at for all-district are Holen, Shockman, Watkins, Sizer, Lindgren, Arnold, Ketterling, Barnick, Schmidt, Hintz, Rodin, and Brandvold
Last edited by sportsguy2 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 am

i think coach of the year should go to duke at pbk...they don't have the best record, but they have been competitive and after you graduate your starting five from a year ago, that is all you can ask.

other coaches have done a pretty good job, but they also have had quite a bit of varsity experience coming back.

same could be said for ellendale...i really didn't think they'd be that good after graduating schlosser and grant. tourney time might be their undoing though...for as strong as they started the season they have strung together a couple of losses as of late.

if sizer doesn't win the district's senior player of the year something is definately wrong.  

rep

Postby 3s & Dunks » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:29 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I think that coach of the year is between Vance and Lueck with Vance taking it.....Senior player of the year Beau Sizer from BCN....Some people that should be looked at for all-district are Holen, Shockman, Watkins, Sizer, Lindgren, Arnold, Ketterling, Barnick, Schmidt, Hintz, Rodin, and Brandvold

Instead of PBKs-Hintz, Simonsen, as He really has played better than Hintz, esp. since the Stutsman co. Tourny Time!
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 pm

mdk23 wrote:I think district coach of the year should go to Chad Lueck at LMM. First year coach has done a good job leading his team to a top half finish in the district. A few of my all district considerations would be Sizer, Holen, Schockman, Brandvold, Lindgren, Brown, Rodin, Arnold, Christ, Barnick, and Hintz. I'm sure I am forgetting a few but those are the ones that come to me right off hand. As far as Senior player, I am almost certain Sizer gets it, but I think Barnick should be mentioned as well, even though I have not seen his stats.

Idk if I would say that Barnick should be mentioned for Senior player of the year. I've seen him play a few games over the years, and this year. Have to say, I wasn't impressed.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys