District 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 pm

What are some of the teams gonna be like in this district?
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:54 pm

they are all gonna be like chasing lamoure

and other than barnes county north and maybe litchville-marion-montpelier, they are going to be chasing lamoure, barnes county north and maybe litchville-marion-montpelier.

overall, and seriously, the district will be down a bit from last year i think. a lot of teams graduated a lot of players that had put in a lot of time playing.

edgeley will be miserable. kulm i think graduated quite a bit. pbk graduated everything. central prairie graduated some. i think ellendale graduated a lot.

all in all, with what was a fairly top-heavy district with pbk and lamoure dominating everyone last year...will be a lot of the same this year, but i think overall the gap between the no. 2 and no. 3 teams and the rest of the district might have been closed.

unless everyone i've talked to is way off, there is no reason why lamoure shouldn't run the table on the district next year. with bcn and lmm...i'm not sure who would win between those two, but it isn't an epic battle. they are decent teams, but not great state-bound teams, in my opinion.

the district is what it is: recovering from a bunch of really decent kids graduating. to me anyway, it seems like a bunch of kids graduated
Last edited by rep on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby AandBfan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:03 pm

Edgeley- Will struggle, didn't make the district tournament last year and will be worse this year

PBK- Graduated everyone, they're well coached though, should be in the lower half

Kulm- Graduated lots of talent the last few years, should be in for a down year

Ellendale- Not sure about them i know they graduated Grant and Schlosser two all district selection last year

LMM- Return alot of players, dont know how many of the returning players are any good? Also they'll have a new coach. Should be top 3 or four

BCN- Return alot of players besides Sizer. They'll also have a new coach i think they're the number 2 team in the district.

Central-Praire- Will be lookin for someone to step up to replace Heinrich

Tappen- Not sure of what they bring back, they improved towards the end of last year, might be able to get the 5 or 6 spot.

Lamoure- Obviously the favorite on paper, they'll be one of the most talented teams in the state. Seeing if all their pieces fit together will be interesting
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:17 pm

LaMoure- the obvious favorite from the district. with a talented junior class these guys will be good for a couple years

BCN- Sizer is leading the way and with some role play they should be a tough team

LMM-Lots of guys comming back, let's see how fast they take in the new system with the new coach

Ellendale- return quick guards but have a big hole in the middle of their lineup

Kulm- Knudson will probably be asked to do alot for these guys

Central Prairie- see Ellendale

Edgeley- they weren't good last year. minus their best player in brandenburg and you have a team struggling to make the district tourament

PBK- players are going to have to step up that didn't get much PT last year

Tappen- returns barnick who will need to step up his game to make this team real competitive

My picks

1.Lamoure

2.LMM

3.BCN

4.Central Prairie

5.Ellendale

6.PBK

7.Kulm

8.Tappen

9.Edgeley
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07 am

1. LaMoure- Has too many proven players- Holen,Ca. Shockman, Brandenburg, and Watkins. With some good Wild Cards- Cl. Shockman, Zimbleman, and Shrader

2. L.M.M.- Got Brown and many other good and average players.

3. BCN- Got Sizer and other really young good players.

4. Kulm- Has Knudson and a couple taller players i think.

5. Central Prairie- scrappy, well coached, and  they hustle which will help them beat teams a little more talented than them.

6. P.B.K.

7. Ellendale

8. Edgeley

9. Tappen 
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby deere » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:58 pm

I wouldnt be very surprised to see PBK being number 8 or even 9. Duke Larson is an average coach nothing special, the players they had last year made him seem like a good coach but overall isnt. And for PBk being 8 or 9, my reason is that the kids playing except for a couple absoulely have no dedication, no desire to play basketball, they just do it cause its something to do. You would never see anyone of them in the weight room, or on the hardwood practicing, its sad to see a team that had all the keys to winning last year to come to this....I hope they prove me wrong but they have along ways to go and definetly need a new attitude towards the game...
deere

Postby AandBfan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:40 am

With Lamoure being the favorite, i would put BCN ahead of LMM for the number two spot. I feel that BCN's returning players are more talented then LMM's, and BCN beat them last year.  How each team responds to their new coach will probably decide where they finish.
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:36 pm

AandBfan wrote:With Lamoure being the favorite, i would put BCN ahead of LMM for the number two spot. I feel that BCN's returning players are more talented then LMM's, and BCN beat them last year.  How each team responds to their new coach will probably decide where they finish.

I agree that coaching will decide the 2-3 of the district.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rocky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:11 am

Lamoure has a very very good chance to run the table in this District. BCN has possibly the most talented player coming back. Will he be able to carry the rest of the team? Will the new coach rely on him to much? LMM is a huge question mark. They had no life last year and no will to win. They return a lot of the same kids, but how much did they improve. I think I could score 40 on their defense last year. It will be interesting to see what the new coach brings to the table in Litchville. I hear he is very young and energetic. I cant tell you much about the teams in the western half of this district. I really think everybody can agree that each team has a lot of questions going into this season. I think that coaching may play a HUGE part of where everybody finishes 2-9.

Who returns from the All-District team from last year?
Rocky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AandBfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:41 am

I think the returning all district players are Shockman, Holen and Brandenburg from Lamoure, and Sizer from BCN
AandBfan

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Last edited by classb_fan00 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:39 pm

he doesnt play down low he shoots outside
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm

berry186 wrote:he doesnt play down low he shoots outside

he's like 6'4 240lbs. he plays center
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:07 pm

brown isnt even gonna be there go to guy this year.  LMM has more talented players this year than just brown, some of the players returning this year did alot of off season work, going to alot of camps and stuff.  There not just gonna be the same as they were last year.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby berry186 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:34 pm

trust me he doesnt play down low that much i have played against him he shoots alot outside and alot of 3s
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:12 am

berry186 wrote:trust me he doesnt play down low that much i have played against him he shoots alot outside and alot of 3s

He does try to play outside to much, he'd do better if he would stay in the inside.
AandBfan

Postby sportsguy2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:28 am

AandBfan wrote:
berry186 wrote:trust me he doesnt play down low that much i have played against him he shoots alot outside and alot of 3s

He does try to play outside to much, he'd do better if he would stay in the inside.

When he gets one shot off from outside it seems like he stays there. I think it would  benefit LMM as a team if he used his size.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:36 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote:brown isnt even gonna be there go to guy this year.  LMM has more talented players this year than just brown, some of the players returning this year did alot of off season work, going to alot of camps and stuff.  There not just gonna be the same as they were last year.
What are these talented player's names?
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:31 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:brown isnt even gonna be there go to guy this year.  LMM has more talented players this year than just brown, some of the players returning this year did alot of off season work, going to alot of camps and stuff.  There not just gonna be the same as they were last year.
What are these talented player's names?

Chad Limesand, ?Shane? Hendrickson, Ross Meidinger, Trent Branvold and a couple more.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:58 am

i remember playing these guys in 3 on 3 tournaments, wouldnt call them really talented players...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:58 am

Last edited by classb_fan00 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:13 am

If Hendrickson and Brandvold can step up there game LMM could be sitting in that number 2 spot come Districts time. They are good athletes. We will have to see if they bettered themselves this summer.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AandBfan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:54 am

None of their names stick out to me, but not to many teams in the district bring back big name guys
AandBfan

Postby Rocky » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Who are the new coaches for LMM and BCN? Do we know anything about them?
Rocky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 pm

Chad Lueck is LMM's new coach. First coaching job for him, graduate out of Valley City State.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys