good freshman

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: good freshman

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:39 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:NG is right. As a side note, North Star had two 7th graders on their Varsity this year and one of them got quite a bit of playing time.

Is that because of numbers, dads bein coaches or are they that good?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:51 pm

I think one of them is the coaches son. Even still, they have low numbers of upperclassmen. 2 juniors and 2 seniors. The coaches son(I think) is 5'11 and averaged about 4ppg. The first time I watched NS he didnt do much, but the second time he played pretty well considering hes a 7th grader.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:17 am

Anybody see Jeff Rasmussen against Standing Rock in Region 5? He played like a senior. I will reassert that he is the best freshman point in the state.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:13 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Anybody see Jeff Rasmussen against Standing Rock in Region 5? He played like a senior. I will reassert that he is the best freshman point in the state.

I wudn't go that far brady robbins is a great point gaurd for a freshmen he sets the tempo for Cavaliers offense
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:19 pm

MT_20 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Anybody see Jeff Rasmussen against Standing Rock in Region 5? He played like a senior. I will reassert that he is the best freshman point in the state.

I wudn't go that far brady robbins is a great point gaurd for a freshmen he sets the tempo for Cavaliers offense

i agree, robbins is a very talented freshman point guard. He commanded the offense and controlled the game for Cavalier. There were times that he forced some passes and had some turnovers, but this kid is going to be a very good player in the next few years.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bluedevils_4 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:31 pm

rasmussen hands down... all district..... runs the team and is also the leader of the team... pretty big role for a freshman
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 pm

MT_20 wrote:

I'll stick with my statement.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Guy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm

jtdc492 wrote:
MT_20 wrote:

I'll stick with my statement.

I agree with jtdc492, Brady has not impressed me as of late
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whompa » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 pm

region 2 opinion wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
champs0607 wrote:Phillip Schanilec is not the best freshman in the state. He only scores the majority of his points at the end of the games when the jv is in. Brady robbins and brandon chrest from cavalier have better stats and sit out when the game is well in hand they might be the best in the state. Hes a good player but by no means is he the best in the state.

I didnt say he was THE best. I said... "This Schanilec kid MIGHT be emerging as the best Freshman in the state, at LEAST the top 5." I did also make reference to Robins and Crest as well.

The scoring late in the game was the case earlier in the season. Not anymore. 19, 18, 16, and 16 all in the second half would be alot of points late in the game. Its pretty much a toss up. All three of those players are very tallented. Crest and Robbins have a leg up with a year of varsity experience already because Cavalier was rather down last year while MM was one missed layup at the buzzer from going to state last year. I know Crest and Robins both went through growing pains last year on varsity as they adjust to the speed of that level. Schanilec needed a few games early as well to adjust. Big jump from JH ball to varsity. Also need to learn their roles on the team as they go. Was a pass first, shoot second PG earlier in the year and is now looking for his shot through out the game. We will see at the end of the year if he continues to score at that pace on a team with few other offensive threats.

You are right in the know, Schanilec is a player!! He by no means gets all his points late in the game. He plays the whole game and gets it done for a fr.
I would DEFINETLY disagree with u here..schanilac should not be in this mentioned at all..i've played with freshman a lot better than schanilec, the only reason he starts is because the upperclassmen of M-M aren't that great, there are freshman that are muchbetter but dont get to play because they have a good upperclass ahead of them
whompa
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:49 pm

We are talking about 15 year old kids here. I think we can give the freshmen in region 2 a break...it's be talked over enough now.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby future star » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 am

Riley Azure is going to be a real force on the defensive end for years to come. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Fab 5 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:00 pm

future star wrote:Riley Azure is going to be a real force on the defensive end for years to come. :twisted:

Where is he from ?
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Cavalier Freshman team went down to bismarck and won a tournament down there in double overtime. Robbins hit the game winning shot.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fab 5 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:01 pm

MT_20 wrote:Cavalier Freshman team went down to bismarck and won a tournament down there in double overtime. Robbins hit the game winning shot.

ya they played some good bismark teams with really tall kids but they came out on top....!!!!
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Adam33 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:59 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Grant Lindahl from Northstar is the younger brother to Evan and Jonathon Lindahl.

played on a three on three team with me the kids a beast but could be a little more aggressive
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm

burtonman09 wrote:Oak Grove will have a good freshman team, but not really any bid standouts that will play varsity..

Have you even seen them play...there will be a few that will get substantial minutes next season!!
stoaxc2004

Postby asdfghjkl » Fri May 30, 2008 6:27 pm

football_lives_on wrote:I think Michael Bigwood from Cavalier has the speed and agility to play with the best of anyone in Cavalier and his lil baby hook from the left side is unstoppable. He has to grow some but in the next few years will be a scoring threat to opposing teams. Michael is seriously a force to reckon with.

yeah and dont forget about jeerd mack. He is unstoppable when he is driving the lane, he is so strong the other players just back out of his way to avoid injury.
asdfghjkl

Postby asdfghjkl » Fri May 30, 2008 6:30 pm

region 2 opinion wrote:
champs0607 wrote:brady robbins and brandon chrest from cavalier, both start

[quo

te="bigcav"]from cavalier brady robbins

Cav has like 8 fr and all but 2 should be So. so it is the traditional cav red shirt policy going on here!! Been happening for years there----there football teams of past years have all been the same thing.[/quote]

oh yeah cavalier parents think about sports when they hold their kids back in kindergarten... probably some jealous guy from region 2 wishing their freshman class (now sophomores) was as good as cavaliers is.
asdfghjkl

Postby champs0607 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 am

asdfghjkl wrote:
region 2 opinion wrote:
champs0607 wrote:brady robbins and brandon chrest from cavalier, both start

[quo

te="bigcav"]from cavalier brady robbins

Cav has like 8 fr and all but 2 should be So. so it is the traditional cav red shirt policy going on here!! Been happening for years there----there football teams of past years have all been the same thing.

oh yeah cavalier parents think about sports when they hold their kids back in kindergarten... probably some jealous guy from region 2 wishing their freshman class (now sophomores) was as good as cavaliers is.[/quote]

being everyone's saying they're all too old to be freshman...what do u consider the date deadline for enrollment
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys