State B Predictions for 2007-08 Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cubsfan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 pm

It  has been a while since good ole horne98 spouted off.  I knew it would happen sooner or later.  Region 2 will not be wide open.  Grafton will blow through the region tournament with ease.  A.K. will be another year older, stronger, faster, and wiser.  They got beat by MPCG who played their best game of the year and actually scored more than 50 points.  Grafton will play MPCG in the Comet Classic at the Lewy Lee.  You will see then how good a team Grafton really is.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thunder66 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Grafton will not blow by anyone in the region tournament...this town named grafton is known to choke in the region tournament...the biggest win they have ever had is when they knocked off #1 seeded Larimore 3 years back on their HOME court which is another whole subject which is bull crap...but anyways..they went on to lose in the semifinals so didn't accomplish much but i can almost guarantee something will happen and Grafton wont even make the championship game in the region.  Also talk right now is regionals will be held in Grafton so that gives them even more edge which i believe is the biggest crock of crap but who knows...hopefully it'll get moved back to the betty
Thunder66

Postby theghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:52 pm

what thunder66 u think hatton will be one of the top teams with who wallace and kueber trust me there not that good...wallace only has one move and kueber cannot put the ball down n dribble to the basket nor does he have ne post moves...i just think grafton will be one of the top teams with there size and ability to put of points thats all
theghost

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:16 am

theghost wrote:what thunder66 u think hatton will be one of the top teams with who wallace and kueber trust me there not that good...wallace only has one move and kueber cannot put the ball down n dribble to the basket nor does he have ne post moves...i just think grafton will be one of the top teams with there size and ability to put of points thats all

kliniske is the real deal
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby meatball » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 pm

I think you guys are forgetting about 1  team in region 2. I think DP will be pretty good. They have there top three scorers coming back. And what i have heard that Seth Nichols is the real deal
meatball

Postby kobe4mvp » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 am

basketballer wrote:Assuming their are no big injuries...Pre-season picks: R/I- 1st-F/S/H/P 2nd-Hankinson R/II- 1st-Grafton 2nd-Hatton-Northwood R/III-1st-LaMoure 2nd-Linton R/IV- 1st-Four Winds 2nd- Munich-Starkwether R/V- 1st Shiloh 2nd Turtle Lake R/VI 1st Bishop Ryan 2nd-Berthold R/VII- 1st- Hazen 2nd- Dickinson Trinity or Killdeer R/8- 1st- Watford City? 2nd- New Town?

Are you serious for region 6 2nd Berthold? Dunseith or DLB should be up there. I honestly think it's going to be another Bishop Ryan Dunseith Showdown at the dome. Cause I heard some kids moved to Dunseith who were go to guys from there last school. 1. Some guy from Minnesota was starting on his 4A team over there and was living with his mom moved back to Dunseith to live with his dad. 2. some dude from South Dakota was the point gaurd for his team at F.I.S. moved in with his mother in Dunseith. I got a chance to see them play at summer league and that team has great chemistry already and they just now start playing together and you can't forget the 2 big men down low Decoto(spelling might be wrong) and Gunville. I also heard Gunville is living in minot for the summer and is going to Accelleration at the YMCA so that'll help out the dragons a lot as well. So i honestly think we're going to see a new team from region 6 going to the state tournament year.
kobe4mvp

Postby ball-till-i-fall » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:53 pm

Yes He Did Impress Alot Of People, But Do You Think He Can Really Bring Up The Ball For Varsity, Remember At State When He Brought It Up He Got Ripped At The Last Second
ball-till-i-fall

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:26 pm

ball-till-i-fall wrote:Yes He Did Impress Alot Of People, But Do You Think He Can Really Bring Up The Ball For Varsity, Remember At State When He Brought It Up He Got Ripped At The Last Second

who?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ball-till-i-fall » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:00 pm

cdub1 wrote:
ball-till-i-fall wrote:Yes He Did Impress Alot Of People, But Do You Think He Can Really Bring Up The Ball For Varsity, Remember At State When He Brought It Up He Got Ripped At The Last Second

who?

Chuck Lovejoy
ball-till-i-fall

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:07 am

theghost wrote:what thunder66 u think hatton will be one of the top teams with who wallace and kueber trust me there not that good...wallace only has one move and kueber cannot put the ball down n dribble to the basket nor does he have ne post moves...i just think grafton will be one of the top teams with there size and ability to put of points thats all

I'm not sayin Hatton-Northwood will be the best either.  I'm just sayin it's North Dakota Class B basketball...anything can happen and before we all just hand the entire season to Grafton give some other teams a chance.  Teams that will be able to possibly beat Grafton in my opionion:   North Border, Dakota Prairie, Larimore and Hatton-Northwood
Thunder66

Postby spoilers23 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 am

Thunder66 wrote:

I'm not sayin Hatton-Northwood will be the best either.  I'm just sayin it's North Dakota Class B basketball...anything can happen and before we all just hand the entire season to Grafton give some other teams a chance.  Teams that will be able to possibly beat Grafton in my opionion:   North Border, Dakota Prairie, Larimore and Hatton-Northwood
nb, dp, and h/n will all be at the top of the region, but larimore? i dont think so. park river will be better than larimore.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:20 am

Park river will be one of the top teams in the region these next two years cuz they have alot of returning players thats are only juniors , like max otto, jay jelnick, ryne anderson, and with justin mosinski going to pr from midway that should make them all the better the only thing they are missing is height
jokerttt111

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:03 am

Thunder66 wrote:

Oh Thunder66... Still stayin' true to the team I see!! And Mr. Ghost, Wallace has more than one move.. He likes to use that little upclose hook that he has though, and he uses it alot.. But he has other moves, but until that move fails him, he can keep using it. He is also a very hard worker, and you can bet that he will have improved a large amount over the off-season. He's only going to get stronger and quicker.

And Gus Kueber.. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! What is he gonna be playing this year? He's gonna be in like the 3 slot... He has a great 3 point shot, which is almost impossible to block for his height and his high release. He CAN put the ball on the floor very well.. He is very hard to stop when he drives to basket. He is very tall and lanky, and not that strong YET.. He's going to get stronger.. But when he's in the post, he is very hard to stop. He may not draw contact, but his finesse is at a high level. He will turn around and knock down a fadeaway in the post, and shoot just as high of percentage as most posts do going up strong.. The only thing fading away in the post does is taking himself out of position to gather his own miss.. You make him sound like he's a big goon out on the court running around in circles trying to look halfway athletic just by being tall.. He is a very good ball player..

And what about Ben Strand? You gotta give some respect to that kid. He didn't turn the ball over. He shot the ball really well. He didn't take as many shots as alot of people, but he made a very high percentage of the shots he did take. He'll be a very steady point gaurd, or if need be, shooting gaurd.

Now see, I'm not saying they are gonna be the best team. They are going to be very good though. Grafton will be tough.. Kliniske is going to anchor Grafton and he will probably have a great senior year.. DP is going to very good. Nichols can do just about everything.. And he has plenty of talented teammates to work with. Park River should be very good. I will be very surprised if they aren't.  North Border will be good... again.... Larimore will probably be the 3rd best team in their district, but they will be a ways below the top two (DP, and HN)..  I'd say with the top 5 teams in the Region, it is going to be very close to see who will be going to state.

thunderbaseball_38

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 pm

No Doubt about it LaMoure will be in state tourney this yr REMEMBER IS SAID THAT!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:40 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:No Doubt about it LaMoure will be in state tourney this yr REMEMBER IS SAID THAT!!

i'll go so far as to say they are a lock for regionals...they still have to get a million-pound gorilla off their back if they run into linton...i can't remember how many times linton has defeated them in the region tournament...something like six straight times or something like that? six of the last seven years or something?
rep

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:58 am

rep wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:No Doubt about it LaMoure will be in state tourney this yr REMEMBER IS SAID THAT!!

i'll go so far as to say they are a lock for regionals...they still have to get a million-pound gorilla off their back if they run into linton...i can't remember how many times linton has defeated them in the region tournament...something like six straight times or something like that? six of the last seven years or something?

but still i mean look who they got  comin back if they struggle with that there somthing wrong!!! If they get big headed  sure there gunna lose i belive that was there problem last yr.........but it should be a walk in the park for them in there region they should easly be in the  state tourney next yr..it gunna be a fun season with some of the regions i tell ya seems like theres  some young teams out  defintly region 4 an some others
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:25 am

rep wrote:

6 of the last 7 and the one time they didn't was 2 years ago when they were in opposite brackets.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AandBfan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:18 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
rep wrote:

but still i mean look who they got  comin back if they struggle with that there somthing wrong!!! If they get big headed  sure there gunna lose i belive that was there problem last yr.........but it should be a walk in the park for them in there region they should easly be in the  state tourney next yr..it gunna be a fun season with some of the regions i tell ya seems like theres  some young teams out  defintly region 4 an some others

They were supposed to win the region easily last year too, if i remember right they came in the season ranked pretty i think it was number 6, so anything can happen
AandBfan

Postby baller01 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:35 am

AandBfan wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
rep wrote:

They were supposed to win the region easily last year too, if i remember right they came in the season ranked pretty i think it was number 6, so anything can happen

They will go. LaMoure vs Strasburg in the regional championship.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballuvr » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm

Linton has been a big monkey on the back of LaMoure. LaMoure has been in the semis of regions for 8 straight years, and in the championship game 3 of those times. Linton has knocked them out 5 of the 8 years. A credit to Linton. Linton will be very tough by region time or sooner. LaMoure will not have big heads and didn't last year. They were 2-3 at the Christmas break. No big heads possible there.

The only thing for sure  is that LaMoure will finish in the top 9 of their district. They do have some guys back for sure. They will be 6'7", 6'3", 6"2", and some 6'-6'1" guys. They will have a possible 6'5" reserve who could give some quality time if he has managed to lift and find a basketball this summer. They must finish off some big games to get to the show.

Perhaps winning the State Legion tourney can help mentally, as many of the key basketball players are on that team. They had to win big games and come through in some tough situations to get that done.

A bunch of very good sophs around Region 3. LMM, Ellendale, BCN, Stasburg, Central Prairie, SD, LaMoure has some, and some I'm probably forgetting. Some of these could mature niceley, and with some upperclassmen helping, be in the mix at regions.

bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

bballuvr wrote:Linton has been a big monkey on the back of LaMoure. LaMoure has been in the semis of regions for 8 straight years, and in the championship game 3 of those times. Linton has knocked them out 5 of the 8 years. A credit to Linton. Linton will be very tough by region time or sooner. LaMoure will not have big heads and didn't last year. They were 2-3 at the Christmas break. No big heads possible there.

The only thing for sure  is that LaMoure will finish in the top 9 of their district. They do have some guys back for sure. They will be 6'7", 6'3", 6"2", and some 6'-6'1" guys. They will have a possible 6'5" reserve who could give some quality time if he has managed to lift and find a basketball this summer. They must finish off some big games to get to the show.

Perhaps winning the State Legion tourney can help mentally, as many of the key basketball players are on that team. They had to win big games and come through in some tough situations to get that done.

A bunch of very good sophs around Region 3. LMM, Ellendale, BCN, Stasburg, Central Prairie, SD, LaMoure has some, and some I'm probably forgetting. Some of these could mature niceley, and with some upperclassmen helping, be in the mix at regions.

Central Prairie dont have any good  sophmores that i remember of mabey one  but i mean look at there team :s   guess none really stuck out to me
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 pm

bballuvr wrote:Linton has been a big monkey on the back of LaMoure. LaMoure has been in the semis of regions for 8 straight years, and in the championship game 3 of those times. Linton has knocked them out 5 of the 8 years. A credit to Linton. Linton will be very tough by region time or sooner. LaMoure will not have big heads and didn't last year. They were 2-3 at the Christmas break. No big heads possible there.

maybe being ranked so high to start the year gave them big heads and they thought they could just walk into the gym and walk out with a win.  maybe after christmas break they realized it wasnt that simple and started to play better and harder
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:17 pm

baseball wrote:

maybe being ranked so high to start the year gave them big heads and they thought they could just walk into the gym and walk out with a win.  maybe after christmas break they realized it wasnt that simple and started to play better and harder

I don't think it was big heads. I just think it took them awhile to gel. They were a different team after graduated Ardnt plus adding Brandenburg. It just took them awhile to get going.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:06 pm

baseball wrote:

Thats exactly wat i was talking about!!!!nice
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:47 pm

baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:

I don't think it was big heads. I just think it took them awhile to gel. They were a different team after graduated Ardnt plus adding Brandenburg. It just took them awhile to get going.

if i remember right their three losses came in the span of something like four or five days right away in the season. like they lost on a thursday, turned around and lost the next night and then lost on the next monday.

i remember asking their coach about it and he said something to the effect that they didn't have a chance to get into a practice and correct whatever it was that was wrong (i don't remember if it was an offense, defense or both problem) so it just kind of snowballed on them for a couple of games.
rep

PreviousNext

Return to Boys