District 4 tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 4 tournament

Postby Starchild » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:09 am

toughregion2 wrote:what statementS has cavalier made....They won ONE game they shouldnt of won. Cavaliers jr high could of beat north border that night. I guess im not ready to hand this team the cinderella story of the year award off of one game. That might be the last game they win this season

I wouldn't consider Cavalier a "Cinderella Story" this year, its no secret that they have beat some very good teams this year. They beat the District 3 Champion Hatton/Northwood 3 weeks ago, they beat a very good Park River team this year and only lost to them by 4 in the Park River Tournament, they also scared North Border both times they played them in the regular season being up in the first quarter of both games. They were up 16 to 3 in Walhalla in their first meeting before their youthful inexperience was exposed by a very good North Border Team and ended up losing by 9. I hope North Border goes on to Win The State Title, they have well Coached, Great Team, and if they play like they can, they could do just that. But the fact remains that these Cavalier kids made a STATEMENT and would be able to tell their grandkids about the time they beat the "State Champs" in the District Semi Finals with their "C" squad team. Cavalier may not win another game this season, no one expects them to, but they have won more than just one game they shoudn't have this season. Is Cavalier as good as North Border ?? No !!! Have they made some Statements ?? Yes, they can no longer be taken lightly.. Congratulations Tornadoes on your accomplishments this season, no one can take them away from you.. Good Luck to the North Border Eagles, however things turn out for them this season, they have had a Great Year..
Starchild
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EagleFan#5 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:36 am

North Border had somewhat of a better game last night. Unfortunatley for this loyal fan I have saw them "click" considerably better than I have saw in the last 3 games they have played. Tonight they take on PR. The last time these teams met PR had a 5 point lead going into the half but that was the end of the good news for them that night, NB totally dominated the second half and showed the team they are capable of being. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see some of that again tonight against PR to get the Eagle boys pumped up a little before the regional. They have all the potential in the world "WHEN" that team shows up!!
EagleFan#5

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:48 am

North Border has lots to work on. They did the same thing when they lost to Grafton came out the next day and dominated M-L in grand forks. The cavalier loss really bothered me as how could you not show up for that game.....First district tourney time and second its cavalier come on. They need to show me they can show up night in and night out before im a true believer again. North Border looks lost on offense in alot of games which worries me and is something we havent seen out of a North Border team in awhile. If they dont handle the boards and start clicking on offense it will be an early exit from the regional tourney..
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 am

They had a bad game!Teams do have that!Grafton has some bad games too...But yeah they do need to work on offense and alot on defence...I can not see Cavailer winning in Regionals..But next year I think they are going to be a very good team
vizio

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:58 am

Wombat wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cavalier's team jump out to a very big lead the first time they played NB also? but just couldn't close the door on them and got outplayed in the second half?

With 4 freshmen/sophomore starters and most of their bench players being underclassmen I can't see favoring them really in any of the rest of the games they play this year... But I would be very surprised if they got rocked by anyone from here on out...

Going into next year they will have to replace 1 starter, and none the year after that... good things will come!

Good things to come with alot of young teams out there. Park River thumped cav the second time they played and if i read the program correctly they will not lose any starters
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am

toughregion2 wrote:
Wombat wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cavalier's team jump out to a very big lead the first time they played NB also? but just couldn't close the door on them and got outplayed in the second half?

With 4 freshmen/sophomore starters and most of their bench players being underclassmen I can't see favoring them really in any of the rest of the games they play this year... But I would be very surprised if they got rocked by anyone from here on out...

Going into next year they will have to replace 1 starter, and none the year after that... good things will come!

Good things to come with alot of young teams out there. Park River thumped cav the second time they played and if i read the program correctly they will not lose any starters

Cavalier and Park River will be the top 2 teams in the district next year with grafton and north border close behind in 3rd and 4th
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Wow Miles, that's a bold statement since NB and Grafton both return 3 starters off the top two teams in the district right now and some good younger talent below. I am not exactly sure if either one of those teams have proven much yet. I agree, they'll be tough, but........Don't crown them kings yet.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:32 pm

North Border will be a tough defensive team next year and also rather tall. In saying all that they need to find another scorer besides Mike Smith. Could be some mix ups also with the possibilty of St thomas going to grafton for sports and Drayton looking at going to North Border or Cavalier. Could make a big difference next year
toughregion2

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Are tonights games going to be broadcasted on the Internet??? If so what is the website.
Flyer

Postby bball123 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:42 pm

football_lives_on wrote:Cavalier also has another freshman off the bench getting minutes.
There were times during the game where there were 4 freshmen on the floor at once against the favored juniors and seniors of North Border.

Who is that other freshman off the bench that is getting minutes from CAV.i noticed that three of the freshman started and didnt notice the other do anything on the floor at districts
bball123

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

shooter wrote:Wow Miles, that's a bold statement since NB and Grafton both return 3 starters off the top two teams in the district right now and some good younger talent below. I am not exactly sure if either one of those teams have proven much yet. I agree, they'll be tough, but........Don't crown them kings yet.

I agree that they will be good but they both won't have the same scoring abilities with Chale and Carpenter gone and AK and Wysoski they won't be the same teams. Smith will be the leader of North Border but i think Cavalier will have more experience next year and park river will be matured enough to be at the top of district 4
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Starchild » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:13 pm

bball123 wrote:
football_lives_on wrote:Cavalier also has another freshman off the bench getting minutes.
There were times during the game where there were 4 freshmen on the floor at once against the favored juniors and seniors of North Border.

Who is that other freshman off the bench that is getting minutes from CAV.i noticed that three of the freshman started and didnt notice the other do anything on the floor at districts

Jared Mack, had 6 points & some nice boards off the bench vs NB the other night. He's a gamer/scrapper, gives 110 everytime he steps on the floor, a linebacker in Tennis Shoes..
Starchild
NDPreps Rookie

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:27 pm

he also had a techincal against North Border and had 6 turnovers the other night against North Border
he has lots of work to do. He needs to quit looking at his dad and listen to his coach.
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:35 pm

wjo wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:North Border plays Fordville-Lankin and Park River plays Drayton-St. Thomas.

Thats 2 crappy games in a row for NB....watch out, They may not make it to regionals....

yeah good call on that one
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Fab 5 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:03 pm

toughregion2 wrote:he also had a techincal against North Border and had 6 turnovers the other night against North Border
he has lots of work to do. He needs to quit looking at his dad and listen to his coach.

Did Schall not have a technical against Cavalier? Ah, yes he did. Read his lips tonight when he's playing Justin Mozinski.
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:04 pm

should of read mozinski's mouth and ottos when they played in pembina

them 2 cryed the whole second half
toughregion2

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

This topic is heading the wrong direction. Let it go before it is locked.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball123 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 pm

Starchild wrote:
bball123 wrote:

Jared Mack, had 6 points & some nice boards off the bench vs NB the other night. He's a gamer/scrapper, gives 110 everytime he steps on the floor, a linebacker in Tennis Shoes..

Oh well i seen him play a few games and he missed quite a few easy layups? did he miss any in districts because when the games are close you cant afford to miss layups when you have practiced them since the 5th grade and should not miss them on a varsity basketball team
bball123

Postby Big Guy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:32 pm

bball123 wrote:
Starchild wrote:
bball123 wrote:

Oh well i seen him play a few games and he missed quite a few easy layups? did he miss any in districts because when the games are close you cant afford to miss layups when you have practiced them since the 5th grade and should not miss them on a varsity basketball team

He does occasionally miss easy lay-ups. In my opinion he would make a better wrestler than a b-ball player, he is ripped
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Any updates on tonight's games?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Guy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:37 pm

cubsfan wrote:Any updates on tonight's games?

3rd and 4th place
North Border over Park River

Championship
Grafton leads Cavalier 48-24 4th quarter
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Guy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Grafton 71
Cavalier 36
Final
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Tanner Carpenter got senior player of the year

Keith Hartz and Cooter Symington split the coach of the year.
toughregion2

Postby vizio » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:26 pm

NB played way better tongiht then the rest of the nights!Hopefully they can get it togather next week...The Championship game was boring!I could of fell asleep!Anybody know who plays who next week and what time?
vizio

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 am

vizio wrote:NB played way better tongiht then the rest of the nights!Hopefully they can get it togather next week...The Championship game was boring!I could of fell asleep!Anybody know who plays who next week and what time?

This is what I think it will be. I know North Border plays Dakota Prairie in the last game.

Cavalier vs. Thompson in the opener
Hatton-Northwood vs. Park River 25 minutes after the first game
Grafton vs. Hillsboro 25 minutes after second game
Dakota Prairie vs. North Border 25 minutes after the third game

I believe games will start at 3 pm but I could be wrong.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys