Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:40 pm

adriana wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if FSHP did happen to beat Richland. Especially if Richland comes in thinking FSHP will be a push over. I dont know what has been FSHP's problem this year, they have definitely not been playin to there potential or using all their talent. Hopefully they can step it up come tournament time.

I agree....FSHP has the talent to beat Richland if they show up and play that night. Richland lost to Moorhead's Park Christian, which was a surprise...i think they could lose to FSHP. When does FSHP play Richland?

Good point I guess. If Richland could lose to Park Christian (Oak Grove beat them earlier this year), they could certainly lose to FSHP. Should be an interesting matchup! The Squirrels play FSHP next Thursday in Page. Hopefully, that one won't be a close game.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:27 am

FINLEY-SHARON/HOPE-PAGE 42
RICHLAND HIGH SCHOOL 57

FSHP 13 7 12 10 42
Richland 13 18 13 13 57
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby adriana » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:29 am

ClassBEast wrote:
adriana wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if FSHP did happen to beat Richland. Especially if Richland comes in thinking FSHP will be a push over. I dont know what has been FSHP's problem this year, they have definitely not been playin to there potential or using all their talent. Hopefully they can step it up come tournament time.

I agree....FSHP has the talent to beat Richland if they show up and play that night. Richland lost to Moorhead's Park Christian, which was a surprise...i think they could lose to FSHP. When does FSHP play Richland?

Good point I guess. If Richland could lose to Park Christian (Oak Grove beat them earlier this year), they could certainly lose to FSHP. Should be an interesting matchup! The Squirrels play FSHP next Thursday in Page. Hopefully, that one won't be a close game.

Well Richland won...i heard by 13 but that's not for sure...
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 am

adriana wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
adriana wrote:

Well Richland won...i heard by 13 but that's not for sure...

Make that 15 haha...musta posted that while i was typing

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 am

richland had very good defense in this win. but it doesnt seem to me that FSHP plays as a team. it looks like they all try to go out and do everything themselves. no teamwork.

p.s........park christian prbly shot 10-13 from beyond the arc when they beat richland. it was unbelievable. that and there pressure defense kinda caught richland off guard i think.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

CurtisKrump wrote:Central Cass plays FSHP tonite if central cass wins they will get the number 1 seed and will be 6-0 in the district

Well if FSHP plays like they have been...Central Cass will have no problem. But even if FSHP does play up to their potential...it's gonna be tough.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:49 am

Central Cass 63, Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 57

CC 20 38 49 63

FSHP 8 26 43 57

CC: Sinner 24, Hendrickson 14, Voss 9, Streit 2, Drege 4, Ueland 3, Ausk 8.

FSHP: Bergstrom 16, Ihry 7, Ostrom 5, Thorson 11, Reimers 4, Nelson 14.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BradyMadsenfromCCHS » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:52 pm

wow the game between FSHP was intense. Central CAss started on a twelve nothing run to begin the game. But after the third quarter we couldnt score. THE FSHP fans were very rude. they wanted the CCHS coach to get a technical even though the coach was right. And the parents were talking trash to the players on the bench. including nick nelsons dad. when nick voss was shooting free throws he said his shoes were untied and on the second shot he said hey kid you have the wrong number on. Now i thought that was very immature on his part.
BradyMadsenfromCCHS

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:08 pm

yeah...fshp's fans are very disrespectful i think at some times-especially when theyre losing
ndsportsfan24

Postby the mask » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:23 pm

like i say theres a reason for everything and the central cass coach should have been Td up he was being very obnoxious to the refs and to the fshp coaches... i also believe that cc pt guard derek drege? should have also gotten a technical because during the game he committed a foul that i think the whole crowd could hear and his coach also herd it cause he jsut shook his head after it at his player and he went and grabbed the ref and started to plead his case in a rather harsh voice kinda yelling at him .... all around very intense game i think they will see each other again and it will be even better
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison09 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 am

Drege was arguing because Nick Voss fouled Bergstrom at the top of the key and they called the foul on Drege who was in the lane under the hoop.
"We do not accept moral victories" Craig Bohl
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dogg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Word is out that Coach Dale Krueger has resigned as the boys Varsity coach after many years..........
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kevin1633 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:46 am

dogg wrote:Word is out that Coach Dale Krueger has resigned as the boys Varsity coach after many years..........

any specific reason why? he does have quite a few wins
kevin1633
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 pm

It is time for Coach Krueger to quit, I think the number one reason is to watch his daughter play but he has had his chances to produce many really good teams and just can't seem to get out of districts every year. He has been there many years now you would think he would have a regional showing or state appearance somewhere in the past years. FSHP had much higher hopes this year I know then where they finished but who knows for sure why. Congrats to Coach Krueger and good luck to FSHP with their new coach! I am assuming their assistent will get offered the job....How will he do? Good luck in 09 Spartans!
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Metron12610 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:05 pm

ClassB-bballfan wrote:It is time for Coach Krueger to quit, I think the number one reason is to watch his daughter play but he has had his chances to produce many really good teams and just can't seem to get out of districts every year. He has been there many years now you would think he would have a regional showing or state appearance somewhere in the past years. FSHP had much higher hopes this year I know then where they finished but who knows for sure why. Congrats to Coach Krueger and good luck to FSHP with their new coach! I am assuming their assistent will get offered the job....How will he do? Good luck in 09 Spartans!

Coach Krueger is a good coach in an unfortunate situation. To many moms and dads coaching. All you have to do is watch the crowd when they play. It's actually unbelieveable to watch and if those actions continue the administration will have to eventually step in. FSHP has good kids, to bad the parents just won't be parents and let the kids be kids and Krueger and his staff coach. Krueger made a good choice, and by all means good luck to the next guy!
Metron12610
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Metron12610 wrote:
ClassB-bballfan wrote:It is time for Coach Krueger to quit, I think the number one reason is to watch his daughter play but he has had his chances to produce many really good teams and just can't seem to get out of districts every year. He has been there many years now you would think he would have a regional showing or state appearance somewhere in the past years. FSHP had much higher hopes this year I know then where they finished but who knows for sure why. Congrats to Coach Krueger and good luck to FSHP with their new coach! I am assuming their assistent will get offered the job....How will he do? Good luck in 09 Spartans!

Coach Krueger is a good coach in an unfortunate situation. To many moms and dads coaching. All you have to do is watch the crowd when they play. It's actually unbelieveable to watch and if those actions continue the administration will have to eventually step in. FSHP has good kids, to bad the parents just won't be parents and let the kids be kids and Krueger and his staff coach. Krueger made a good choice, and by all means good luck to the next guy!

i agree completely with that post metron its all TRUE!
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:54 am

I meant no disrespect for Krueger in my statement just that he has been at Hope for almost 20 years I believe and it is time to let someone else try to advance the teams to after season play. I also think he has been a fair coach but strongly disagree with your statement on too many parents in FSHP trying to coach. I am not from there but have children in the same district so I am very familiar with them, EVERY school has involoved parents and FSHP is no worse or better than any other school. We have it in our school too, I think it is fine for parents to be involved in their kids interest, and to sometimes disagree with coachs, that is fine, it sometimes sparks a change or brings to new light a certain situation. U say all you have to do is watch their crowd? What do you mean by that....how do you know that parents are overinvolved ( in the coaching ) by watching them at a game, because they are involved in the game and cheering the kids on isn't a bad thing. I think FSHP gets a bad rap for their fans and I am on a rival team! Yes the kids are good kids and the system is fine and FSHP will be fine with a new coach and there will be no more or no less parent involvement but I think that is a great thing. Coach ultimately has the last word and everyone knows that. I know for a fact having known Krueger for many years he never listened to any parents, he would let them voice an opinion but would do whatever it was that he wanted to do. As it should be. He is also the Athletic Director and the administration and there has never been any complaints to the school boards at any of the schools so how bad can the problem be??? I think you must just have something against FSHP. The new coach will have no problem with the parents in my opinion I look forward to a new and different Spartan team in 2009!!
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am

I hope they offer the job to the assistant coach. He did a great job his first year coaching in Finley...the last year before the coop.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:32 pm

I agree I think that OConnor would be a great head coach, it seemed like the kids at Finley really wanted to play for him and that they were having fun!
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:19 pm

ClassB-bballfan wrote:I meant no disrespect for Krueger in my statement just that he has been at Hope for almost 20 years I believe and it is time to let someone else try to advance the teams to after season play. I also think he has been a fair coach but strongly disagree with your statement on too many parents in FSHP trying to coach. I am not from there but have children in the same district so I am very familiar with them, EVERY school has involoved parents and FSHP is no worse or better than any other school. We have it in our school too, I think it is fine for parents to be involved in their kids interest, and to sometimes disagree with coachs, that is fine, it sometimes sparks a change or brings to new light a certain situation. U say all you have to do is watch their crowd? What do you mean by that....how do you know that parents are overinvolved ( in the coaching ) by watching them at a game, because they are involved in the game and cheering the kids on isn't a bad thing. I think FSHP gets a bad rap for their fans and I am on a rival team! Yes the kids are good kids and the system is fine and FSHP will be fine with a new coach and there will be no more or no less parent involvement but I think that is a great thing. Coach ultimately has the last word and everyone knows that. I know for a fact having known Krueger for many years he never listened to any parents, he would let them voice an opinion but would do whatever it was that he wanted to do. As it should be. He is also the Athletic Director and the administration and there has never been any complaints to the school boards at any of the schools so how bad can the problem be??? I think you must just have something against FSHP. The new coach will have no problem with the parents in my opinion I look forward to a new and different Spartan team in 2009!!

i dont want to start a controversy or start any problems, this is my last post in this topic. Some parents do try to coach. I've sat in their section right by some, its easy to hear when they yell at Coach Krueger who to put back in the game and that he should switch offenses or defenses. But I think Coach Krueger has done a good job the last few years, he's a good guy and i think he got out at the right time. Good Luck to the Spartans next year.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Metron12610 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:52 pm

ClassB-bballfan wrote:I meant no disrespect for Krueger in my statement just that he has been at Hope for almost 20 years I believe and it is time to let someone else try to advance the teams to after season play. I also think he has been a fair coach but strongly disagree with your statement on too many parents in FSHP trying to coach. I am not from there but have children in the same district so I am very familiar with them, EVERY school has involoved parents and FSHP is no worse or better than any other school. We have it in our school too, I think it is fine for parents to be involved in their kids interest, and to sometimes disagree with coachs, that is fine, it sometimes sparks a change or brings to new light a certain situation. U say all you have to do is watch their crowd? What do you mean by that....how do you know that parents are overinvolved ( in the coaching ) by watching them at a game, because they are involved in the game and cheering the kids on isn't a bad thing. I think FSHP gets a bad rap for their fans and I am on a rival team! Yes the kids are good kids and the system is fine and FSHP will be fine with a new coach and there will be no more or no less parent involvement but I think that is a great thing. Coach ultimately has the last word and everyone knows that. I know for a fact having known Krueger for many years he never listened to any parents, he would let them voice an opinion but would do whatever it was that he wanted to do. As it should be. He is also the Athletic Director and the administration and there has never been any complaints to the school boards at any of the schools so how bad can the problem be??? I think you must just have something against FSHP. The new coach will have no problem with the parents in my opinion I look forward to a new and different Spartan team in 2009!!

You sure know a lot about what goes on at FSHP for being from a different school. ..hmmm... Second of all, it's not just the coaching from the sidelines, its the pointing you finger at your head in the "daaa" suggestion about the coach, it's about jumping out of your seat and getting closer to the floor to yell at the kids, coach, and officials, it about yelling and negativity instead of support. All things that can't be agrued about because a group of us watched it several times. And I have nothing against fshp, just think the way they act is unfortunate and that attitute is bound to rub off on the kids. Thats to bad... But good luck to you next year, you SHOULD be good again!!
Metron12610
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 pm

If all those things you say about FSHP are true about the parents and fans then I need to recant some of my statement, when we played them they were up by 10 15 the whole game so maybe that wasn't a true representation, and the other times I saw them was in a bigger arena like the Civic I will have to pay closer attention I guess. My interaction has been mainly with the kids and they are good kids so maybe I gave the benefit to the fans as well.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:09 pm

All I can say is that my experience with FSHP has been a good one they were respectful at our school and to myself and the staff and the kids.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Boys