good freshman

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: good freshman

Postby bigg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:00 pm

*Edited by moderator. One more crack like that and you are done!*
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:21 pm

bigg wrote:*Edited by moderator. Stupid comments, bordering on racism, are not allowed*

Your'e an idiot!

From the moderator, ordinarily I'd edit out the "idiot" comment, but in this case it is deserved!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:13 pm

im not saying nething to be dumb but i remember when our class played him when we were in jr. high so i didnt mean to make ne stuff or nething but i remember playing him when we were younger sorry man
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:42 pm

i would also have to say chase monson from carriongton is one of the toughest freshmen hes a really good player
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Jeffery Rasmussen is having a heck of a district tourney for Washburn. I will say he is the best freshman point guard in the state.

It is difficult to crown a best in the state as of yet for freshman. ONE of the best probably but THE best...? No head to head matchups yet and have not seen the other players.

Robins from Cavalier is extremely solid and has a season high of 29 and Schanilec from Midway averaged 15 a game over the final 14 regular season games with a high of 24. Definately 3 great point guards to watch for the next 3 years.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Guy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:16 pm

region 2 opinion wrote: Cav has like 8 fr and all but 2 should be So. so it is the traditional cav red shirt policy going on here!! Been happening for years there----there football teams of past years have all been the same thing.

when their parents held them back in kindergarten they didnt know that they were going to be that good. Only THREE of them are supposed to be sophmores and they arent the ones that start.
It may seem like we red shirt, but were just that much bigger and better than the competition so it seems that way.
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:58 am

InTheKnow wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Jeffery Rasmussen is having a heck of a district tourney for Washburn. I will say he is the best freshman point guard in the state.

It is difficult to crown a best in the state as of yet for freshman. ONE of the best probably but THE best...? No head to head matchups yet and have not seen the other players.

Robins from Cavalier is extremely solid and has a season high of 29 and Schanilec from Midway averaged 15 a game over the final 14 regular season games with a high of 24. Definately 3 great point guards to watch for the next 3 years.

Granted. Jeff is in the top 3. He was chosen for the all district and all district tourney teams.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby siouxfan19 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 pm

robbins is twice the player that shanilac is... he plays twice as fast and makes harder shots... not just set shots... he shouldn't be compared to shanilac
siouxfan19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby football_lives_on » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Brandon Chrest of Cavalier was an all-district pick as a freshman first in a while i believe in district 4.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm

Did Shanilac make all-district?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dru_Askew » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Big Guy wrote:
region 2 opinion wrote: Cav has like 8 fr and all but 2 should be So. so it is the traditional cav red shirt policy going on here!! Been happening for years there----there football teams of past years have all been the same thing.

when their parents held them back in kindergarten they didnt know that they were going to be that good. Only THREE of them are supposed to be sophmores and they arent the ones that start.
It may seem like we red shirt, but were just that much bigger and better than the competition so it seems that way.

Sounds like a Cavalier Player... I bet i know the two of them. One of them had the ball all the time this year and the other was on the ground at the end of every play
-Andy
Dru_Askew

Postby Fab 5 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Did Shanilac make all-district?

NO Brady Robbins dident even make it
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B_Baller » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:56 am

I've been saying Chuck Lovejoy is one of the top freshmen out there....There is really nuttin this kid can't go, besides jump. He can run the floor, shoot the ball, handle the ball, play wing, play post, good defensive player guarding guys twice his size and height.

I know he fouls alot but once he's ona roll he's on a roll. I think if he keeps it up he should have no problem being a Mr. Basketball candidate when he becomes a Senior. He just needs to keep it up and just do what he does and he will make it out.
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:43 am

Fab 5 wrote:

ya he didn't cuz he rolled his ankle in the middle of the third quarter and sat out the championship game. know what ur talking about next time.
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby automatic99 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 am

champs0607 wrote:
Fab 5 wrote:

ya he didn't cuz he rolled his ankle in the middle of the third quarter and sat out the championship game. know what ur talking about next time.

Maybe you should know what you are talking about. The all district team is voted on before the district tourney even starts. Brady Robbins wasn't selected.....it had nothing to do with him rolling his ankle and not playing in the championship game.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:52 am

automatic99 wrote:
champs0607 wrote:
Fab 5 wrote:

Maybe you should know what you are talking about. The all district team is voted on before the district tourney even starts. Brady Robbins wasn't selected.....it had nothing to do with him rolling his ankle and not playing in the championship game.

All-District as a freshmen is a great accomplishment (Brandon Chrest) Robbins has 3 more years to get it and i'm sure he will next season
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby siouxfan19 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:39 pm

champs0607 wrote:
Fab 5 wrote:

the players are decided before the districts, not during the tournament, so if he didn't play it wouldn't have mattered.... i think he should have made it though!! but what i think Fab 5 is saying is that if brady didn't make it then shanilac for sure wouldn't make it
siouxfan19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby champs0607 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:30 pm

ok i'm an idiot my bad guys. i always thot it was like an all tourney team thing. my bad
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby JJBD20 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 am

can Chuck Lovejoy even play his senior year......didnt he play when he was a 8th grader or am i mistaken.....pleaes fill me in on this
JJBD20

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 am

siouxfan19 wrote:
champs0607 wrote:
Fab 5 wrote:

the players are decided before the districts, not during the tournament, so if he didn't play it wouldn't have mattered.... i think he should have made it though!! but what i think Fab 5 is saying is that if brady didn't make it then shanilac for sure wouldn't make it

Considering there were not any freshman (besides Crest) on the all district team in district 4 (correct me if I am wrong), the talent level of the freshman is definately something to enjoy watching for the next 3 years. Tom Sheppard at Valley-Edinburg, Schanilec with M-M, an the Cavalier crew (all I can think of off the top of my head). I dont think i have seen a collection of freshman that have contributed that much ever in that district. I think the largest contributer as a freshman we have seen in a while in D-4 was Steve Laqua. Hard to be at that level, but as a group i dont think we have seen that many freshman contribute the way that that group has this year. Best of luck to all of them and keep working hard to improve to reach new levels!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:27 am

JJBD20 wrote:can Chuck Lovejoy even play his senior year......didnt he play when he was a 8th grader or am i mistaken.....pleaes fill me in on this

????Why wouldnt he be able to play his senior year if he played as an eigth grader???
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jtdc492 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:38 pm

So, Brandon Chrest from district 4 and Jeff Rasmussen from district 10 were the only freshmen in the state to get all-district? Also, I think Jeff has an excellent chance to make all-region which would be a definite accomplishment.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby future star » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am

cuz u only get 4 years of b-ball in high school!!!!!! :!:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:54 am

future star wrote:cuz u only get 4 years of b-ball in high school!!!!!! :!:

The rule is, once you get to 9th grade you get 4 years of eligibility.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:56 am

NG is right. As a side note, North Star had two 7th graders on their Varsity this year and one of them got quite a bit of playing time.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys