State B Predictions for 2007-08 Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby wildboy » Sun May 13, 2007 12:11 pm

Region Four pick
1 Four Winds
2 Carrington
3 Minn. Leeds
4 Langdon
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:59 am

wildboy wrote:Region Four pick
1 Four Winds
2 Carrington
3 Minn. Leeds
4 Langdon

Who does Four Winds and Carrington have coming back?
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon May 14, 2007 9:17 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
wildboy wrote:Region Four pick
1 Four Winds
2 Carrington
3 Minn. Leeds
4 Langdon

Who does Four Winds and Carrington have coming back?

CJ Ironheart averaged 15 and Zach Alberts averaged 10.  Also, Chuck Lovejoy, Demery Lawrence, Ollie Dauphinais all saw varsity action plus Joran Black transferred from DL.  Lots of talent just depends on what kind of gaurd play we get.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Mon May 14, 2007 10:53 am

who is tabbed as the pg? is someone in mind already or open competition when practice starts in november?
rep

Postby nativegolfer » Mon May 14, 2007 11:27 am

rep wrote:who is tabbed as the pg? is someone in mind already or open competition when practice starts in november?

My guess would be Lovejoy or Lawrence. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am

nativegolfer wrote:
rep wrote:who is tabbed as the pg? is someone in mind already or open competition when practice starts in november?

Which one was Lovejoy? Lawrence was pg for their jv wasn't he?
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Tue May 15, 2007 8:46 am

classb_fan00 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

That would be Chuck, he's an 8th grader, number 44.  he scored 11 points against BCN at state. 
Last edited by nativegolfer on Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue May 15, 2007 3:32 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

That would be Chuck, he's an 8th grader, number 44.  he scored 11 points against BCN at state.
Chuck really did impress me last year at state....we should see big things from him in the coming years
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Tue May 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Looks like FW is building a nice program still up in the air if CJ ironheart will avg. 15 w/o tony
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 am

The Schwab wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Chuck really did impress me last year at state....we should see big things from him in the coming years

For an 8th grader, I thought he did a very nice job. Going from playing 7th grade basketball to playing jv and varsity is not easy.
Last edited by classb_fan00 on Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Assuming their are no big injuries...Pre-season picks: R/I- 1st-F/S/H/P 2nd-Hankinson R/II- 1st-Grafton 2nd-Hatton-Northwood R/III-1st-LaMoure 2nd-Linton R/IV- 1st-Four Winds 2nd- Munich-Starkwether R/V- 1st Shiloh 2nd Turtle Lake R/VI 1st Bishop Ryan 2nd-Berthold R/VII- 1st- Hazen 2nd- Dickinson Trinity or Killdeer R/8- 1st- Watford City? 2nd- New Town?
Last edited by basketballer on Fri May 25, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby classb_fan00 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm

basketballer wrote:Assuming their are no big injuries...Pre-season picks: R/I- 1st-F/S/H/P 2nd-Hankinson R/II- 1st-Grafton 2nd-Hatton-Northwood R/III-1st-LaMoure 2nd-Linton R/IV- 1st-Four Winds 2nd- Munich-Starkwether R/V- 1st Shiloh 2nd Turtle Lake R/VI 1st Bishop Ryan 2nd-Berthold R/VII- 1st- Hazen 2nd- Dickinson Trinity or Killdeer R/8- 1st- New Town? 2nd- Parshall?

FSHP is going to be good. But not 1st in their region.  I don't think Shiloh will be 1st in their region either.  Lamoure is going to be at the top of region 3. With Linton and Strasburg was young last year.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Thu May 24, 2007 7:51 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:
basketballer wrote:Assuming their are no big injuries...Pre-season picks: R/I- 1st-F/S/H/P 2nd-Hankinson R/II- 1st-Grafton 2nd-Hatton-Northwood R/III-1st-LaMoure 2nd-Linton R/IV- 1st-Four Winds 2nd- Munich-Starkwether R/V- 1st Shiloh 2nd Turtle Lake R/VI 1st Bishop Ryan 2nd-Berthold R/VII- 1st- Hazen 2nd- Dickinson Trinity or Killdeer R/8- 1st- New Town? 2nd- Parshall?

FSHP is going to be good. But not 1st in their region.  I don't think Shiloh will be 1st in their region either.  Lamoure is going to be at the top of region 3. With Linton and Strasburg was young last year.

Where's Watford City, do u know what is going on?
magic715

Postby basketballer » Fri May 25, 2007 8:06 am

magic715 wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:

i put question marks by the teams in that region for a reason...
Last edited by basketballer on Fri May 25, 2007 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby Tu-Big » Fri May 25, 2007 12:32 pm

basketballer wrote:
magic715 wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:

i put question marks by the teams in that region for a reason...
Watford is gonna re-load for next year, they had some good sophomore guards that didnt get to play a whole lot of minutes on the varsity because they had alot of seniors. Schultz can shoot the lights out, i love his game. Their lineup will probably be Bruins, Schultz, Shipman, Liebel and possibly Justin Flatland. Bruins, Liebel and Shipman all started last year. Another descent team from up there willbe Trinity Christian with the return of Vedda, Hansen and Kvernum.
Tu-Big

Postby busch3434 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:31 pm

baller01 wrote:
statpacker wrote:1. Watford City

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

The best teams for next season

Couple disagreements here.

1st, how is Killdeer #4? They lose Wheeling and 2 other starters. They return Dufault of course and Mike Wagner but they don't have a lot coming up.

2nd, how is LaMoure not in the top 10? They return 3 best players in the region in Holen, Shockman, and Watkins.

3rd, how is Standing Rock #6? They lose Kuntz and Silvernagel and didn't have all that much for great talent on the bench last year.

4th, Hazen needs to be higher then 7. They return one of the top 5 players in the state in Marshall, the most UNDERRATED point guard in the state in Erhardt, and a good defender in Sorenson.

5th, Parshall #9 after losing the Packs? Yes, Young Bird is a good player but I don't think he gets them in the top 10.

6th, I find it hard to believe that MPCG will be in the top 10 as well. I think people will realize next year how much Lorenz meant to that team.

Whoa now, mpcg did beat a fairly respectable district 2 team with lorenz on the bench the whole game, and also almost beat Lisbon after a double overtime game with him fouling out early in the fourth......the kicker is that they only return 2 guys who started some games last season, but watch out later on they have some kids who were in 8th grade that will be a force by their sophomore year, maybe possibly this coming year.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:15 pm

busch3434 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

1st, how is Killdeer #4? They lose Wheeling and 2 other starters. They return Dufault of course and Mike Wagner but they don't have a lot coming up.

2nd, how is LaMoure not in the top 10? They return 3 best players in the region in Holen, Shockman, and Watkins.

3rd, how is Standing Rock #6? They lose Kuntz and Silvernagel and didn't have all that much for great talent on the bench last year.

4th, Hazen needs to be higher then 7. They return one of the top 5 players in the state in Marshall, the most UNDERRATED point guard in the state in Erhardt, and a good defender in Sorenson.

5th, Parshall #9 after losing the Packs? Yes, Young Bird is a good player but I don't think he gets them in the top 10.

6th, I find it hard to believe that MPCG will be in the top 10 as well. I think people will realize next year how much Lorenz meant to that team.

Whoa now, mpcg did beat a fairly respectable district 2 team with lorenz on the bench the whole game, and also almost beat Lisbon after a double overtime game with him fouling out early in the fourth......the kicker is that they only return 2 guys who started some games last season, but watch out later on they have some kids who were in 8th grade that will be a force by their sophomore year, maybe possibly this coming year.

I think they will still be a good team and always will be with Coach Nelson, but really, top 10? I find that hard to believe.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:15 am

baller01 wrote:
busch3434 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

I think they will still be a good team and always will be with Coach Nelson, but really, top 10? I find that hard to believe.
i don't think the patriots will be in the top ten, but they will be competitive in a wide open region, and contend for one of the final spots into regionals.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:19 am

horne98 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
busch3434 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

i don't think the patriots will be in the top ten, but they will be competitive in a wide open region, and contend for one of the final spots into regionals.

region 2 is not wide open
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:04 am

so in your opinion are the top four teams in the region. grafton and north border will be tough. Hatton-Northwood might be favored in three but no teams with all of their players returning so for me it is wide open.
PA42

Postby ndfootball06 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:26 am

horne98 wrote:so in your opinion are the top four teams in the region. grafton and north border will be tough. Hatton-Northwood might be favored in three but no teams with all of their players returning so for me it is wide open.

i think the top teams are grafton, hatton-northwood, north border, and dakota prairie. i said its not wide open because i think grafton is favorite in my opinion.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:12 am

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

MPCG loses about 40 ppg  in  Seniors.   They lose their top 2 scorers, top 3 defenders and a lot of leadership.  They will not make regions next year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theghost » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 am

i agree mayport should not even be ranked i mean yeah coach nelson is probably one of the best coaches in north dakota but i think that next year will be time to rebuild and for the next for years there will be a diff champion of region 2 besides mayport
theghost

Postby basketballismylife » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:24 pm

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

2. Oak Grove

3. Bishop Ryan

4. Killdeer

5. Hankison

6. Standing Rock

7. Hazen

8. May-Port CG

9. Parshall

10. Dickison Trinity

MPCG loses about 40 ppg  in  Seniors.   They lose their top 2 scorers, top 3 defenders and a lot of leadership.  They will not make regions next year.

If MPCG makes regionals, cubsfan promises to become whitesoxfan (just kidding, cubsfan).

How is Oak Grove number two, when they are not the best in there district
basketballismylife
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theghost » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 pm

how is grafton not in the top ten....they'll have size, experience, quickness a good full court trap to cause lots of turnovers speed, they will also be physical i mean if mayport is ranked i think that grafton should be ranked
theghost

PreviousNext

Return to Boys