FOUR WINDS!!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby starstyl33 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Just thought I'd say good job bois,keep it up and work hard.
...Just Do It...
starstyl33
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:22 pm

i gotta say something about Tony Ironheart here........the first round he didnt impress me one bit.  i didnt see the game on Friday, but the final game he was notihng short of amazing,  the second half he jsut seemed to take the game over, scoring arond 20 or so along with assists, steals, rebounds, everything.  If i ever said he was underrated i was mistaken, he proved it today GREAT PLAYER AND DESERVES EVERYTHING SAID ABOUT HIM. congrats on a great season and career with back 2 back state trips.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:40 pm

rep wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:FW didn't play bad against DT they just had an off game shooting the ball, it happens to anyone.  In North Border's game we had trouble knocking in some three's which ended up being the difference in that game.  Even with Nathaniel Packineau getting 14 points in the first quarter we were only down by 4 or 6 points so it didn't hurt us that he got off to a fast start.  Another thing, after 2 BCN games in this state tournament losing by a combined 62 points in two games, I don't think BCN would've made it out of District 4 to go to regionas. 

bcn playing at state and bcn that played in the district and region tourneys are just not comparable. in districts and regions barlett played out of his mind (for example the six threes he hit in the district championship).

That didn't turn out so good for BCN this weekend.  They were clearly the least
threatening team in this tournament but hey, you have to give them there due they won when it counted to get there.  I wasn't expecting them to do much damage in this tournament as I think and most people will agree that they peaked at regionals and seemed to be the "happy to be there" team of the tournament.  I am still standing by my opinion that they would not make it out of District 4.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:09 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:
lutzey_14 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:DT will pound FW just like they did last yr in the state tournament

I agree 100%

Four Winds is way too good of a team to get pounded this year.  Last year they were in a kind of "just happy to be here" type of thing.  This year is a whole different story, they're looking to bring home the state B championship.

I agree with you, they had a team that never experience State, the last time they did it was like in the 49s or 50s.  So I think they have that under the belt this year, they have been there, that goes for the coaches too!  I mean, this year they are prepared and have a game plan!  I am picking FW in a blow out! 
For all the hype and smack talk of that game--Yes, it was a blowout all right.  I am predicting we may never hear from IA again.  Although to keep ND Preps going for at least another year...I hope we do.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:18 am

Didn't win the title but still am extremely proud of the boys!  Thanks for another excellent year and don't be surprised if we are back in Bis next year.  Hats off to the Parshall braves!!  GO INDIANS!!
Last edited by nativegolfer on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsubisonfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 am

tony ironheart is the man
ndsubisonfan

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:22 am

ndsubisonfan wrote:tony ironheart is the man

IH is a good player....but the pack brothers from parshall are amazing, that was a good championship game
fruit snack

Postby ndsubisonfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:37 am

fruit snack wrote:
ndsubisonfan wrote:tony ironheart is the man

IH is a good player....but the pack brothers from parshall are amazing, that was a good championship game

that is true.. pack brothers are twice the players i ever expected them to be
ndsubisonfan

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:43 pm

I just have to tell you what i saw this weekend from Tony Ironheart......In the first game he didnt really "show up", I feel this was because he had trouble adjusting to the rims (nothing behind them), the second game he played very very well, a couple of nice passes, hit a couple of big shots, game wasnt close....but that was to be expected....and then yesterday he showed my why he get's all the hype he has gotten on here......WOW.....he truly is one of a kind.....I've only seen a handful of players that are that good, and that unselfish.....he NEVER looked just for himself.....he always wanted to set up his teammates......and of course when his team needed a big shot, he hit it......thank you tony ironheart for living up to the hype.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:48 pm

[user=1304]The Schwab[/user] wrote:
I just have to tell you what i saw this weekend from Tony Ironheart......In the first game he didnt really "show up", I feel this was because he had trouble adjusting to the rims (nothing behind them), the second game he played very very well, a couple of nice passes, hit a couple of big shots, game wasnt close....but that was to be expected....and then yesterday he showed my why he get's all the hype he has gotten on here......WOW.....he truly is one of a kind.....I've only seen a handful of players that are that good, and that unselfish.....he NEVER looked just for himself.....he always wanted to set up his teammates......and of course when his team needed a big shot, he hit it......thank you tony ironheart for living up to the hype.

I wouldn't say live up the hype on this website the only way was to avg. 40 10 and 10 the way they talked about him...a good defense took him out of what he liked to do the 2nd game yea I don't think anyone will hold that against him but in his last game hes very good but the way both of the packineau's played against the same defense I'd have to say they are both better
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:09 pm

All you braves fans can be mad but IH is way better than the twins. Classy guy excellent basketball player, good team leader. The packs IMO are tough, but they arent at the same level at TI. we will see how rudy youngbird can carry the team next year.
NDSUbison!

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:14 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:All you braves fans can be mad but IH is way better than the twins. Classy guy excellent basketball player, good team leader. The packs IMO are tough, but they arent at the same level at TI. we will see how rudy youngbird can carry the team next year.

the packineaus are much better this coming from a non bias class a fan

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 pm

cdub1 wrote:
NDSUbison! wrote:All you braves fans can be mad but IH is way better than the twins. Classy guy excellent basketball player, good team leader. The packs IMO are tough, but they arent at the same level at TI. we will see how rudy youngbird can carry the team next year.

Ok....the packineaus are better SHOOTERS....i will definatly say that....but Ironheart is a better all around player.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:19 pm

cdub1 wrote:

I agree, the packineaus are alot better than TI, i mean ironheart is great, but the Packineaus are on a whole other level
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:36 pm

project-pat wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

I agree, the packineaus are alot better than TI, i mean ironheart is great, but the Packineaus are on a whole other level

the only flaw to the packs is their shot selection.  they take some pretty forced shots and im thinking what r they doing but then they make some of them and im just in aww.  i think tony is a better shooter and maybe a smarter player but its hard for me to say that he is better than nathaniel
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:56 pm

idk how u can say  there not at the same level, haha....i think parshall could go back again next yr....rudy will only get better, hes already great....and they got that finely kid
fruit snack

Postby sportsperson » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:30 pm

fruit snack wrote:

idk how u can say  there not at the same level, haha....i think parshall could go back again next yr....rudy will only get better, hes already great....and they got that finely kid

Knowing the rez, Rudy probably won't even be in Parshall next year.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:43 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
project-pat wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

the only flaw to the packs is their shot selection.  they take some pretty forced shots and im thinking what r they doing but then they make some of them and im just in aww.  i think tony is a better shooter and maybe a smarter player but its hard for me to say that he is better than nathaniel

I agree. They do take some very, VERY, tough shots. They make them every now and then but I think if they wouldn't settle of the tough shots they could get much eaiser ones and make them at a higher percentage.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm happy for FW in doing what they did only losing 2 games is a hard thing to do but I'm even more happy that were done w/ all the FW fans
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:40 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:FW didn't play bad against DT they just had an off game shooting the ball, it happens to anyone.  In North Border's game we had trouble knocking in some three's which ended up being the difference in that game.  Even with Nathaniel Packineau getting 14 points in the first quarter we were only down by 4 or 6 points so it didn't hurt us that he got off to a fast start.  Another thing, after 2 BCN games in this state tournament losing by a combined 62 points in two games, I don't think BCN would've made it out of District 4 to go to regionas. 

Four Winds played horrible against DT...... i dont think i have ever seen them play that bad..... i have never seen both the ironhearts miss the shots that they were missing.... i still believe 4winds was the best team other than parshall and i am disappointed i didnt get to see a 4winds parshall matchup in the championship.... that game would have been crazy and much higher scoring, for the fact that we wouldnt of had to watch a team that shows everyone how good of passers they are by passing the ball around the top of the key 17 times before they decide to shoot it.... yes trinity is a good team but they are lucky they caught 4winds on an off night because 4winds is a better team
Last edited by ace on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm

ace wrote:

Four Winds played horrible against DT...... i dont think i have ever seen them play that bad..... i have never seen both the ironhearts miss the shots that they were missing.... i still believe 4winds was the best team other than parshall and i am disappointed i didnt get to see a 4winds parshall matchup in the championship.... that game would have been crazy and much higher scoring, for the fact that we wouldnt of had to watch a team that shows everyone how good of passers they are by passing the ball around the top of the key 17 times before they decide to shoot it.... yes trinity is a good team but they are lucky they caught 4winds on an off night because 4winds is a better team

i actualy think u r rite fourwinds had good players trinity didnt

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm

ace wrote:

FW isn't a better team according to the scoreboard. I think that's 2 years in a row that DT has knocked off 4 winds, am i right CHEA
project-pat

Postby BBall dominator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm

[user=2086]ace[/user] wrote:

seems alot of good teams have "bad" nights against the DT defense
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:50 pm

project-pat wrote:
ace wrote:

FW isn't a better team according to the scoreboard. I think that's 2 years in a row that DT has knocked off 4 winds, am i right CHEA

hey ya they beat um.... but i still believe that 4 winds has a better squad.... and yes last year i think trinity was by far the best team in the state...i thought they should of beat mayville by way more than 2
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:52 pm

dominationSCS wrote:[user=2086]ace[/user] wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:FW didn't play bad against DT they just had an off game shooting the ball, it happens to anyone.? In North Border's game we had trouble knocking in some three's which ended up being the difference in that game.? Even with Nathaniel Packineau getting 14 points in the first quarter we were only down by 4 or 6 points so it didn't hurt us that he got off to a fast start.? Another thing, after 2 BCN games in this state tournament losing by a combined 62 points in two games, I don't think BCN would've made it out of District 4 to go to regionas.?

Four Winds played horrible against DT...... i dont think i have ever seen them play that bad..... i have never seen both the ironhearts miss the shots that they were missing.... i still believe 4winds was the best team other than parshall and i am disappointed i didnt get to see a 4winds parshall matchup in the championship.... that game would have been crazy and much higher scoring, for the fact that we wouldnt of had to watch a team that shows everyone how good of passers they are by passing the ball around the?top of the key?17 times before they decide to shoot it.... yes trinity is a good team but they are lucky they caught 4winds on an off night because?4winds is a?better team

seems alot of good teams have "bad" nights against the DT defense

it wasnt all there defense tho.... ironhearts missed layup, how many times has that happened.... and cj had really good looks at some 3's that he just couldnt convert on which he usually always does... im saying they missed shots they normally make and it wasnt becuz of the defense
ace
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys