Four Winds vs. Leeds-Minn.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:11 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:I am sick too!  I am sick of the reasons why they are ranked so high?  3rd in the region, FW was 3rd in the state.  Returning starters doesn't mean that much, they are returning starters on a third place team! 

I am predicting 8 - 10 pts!  Four Winds

They lost 4 starters last year. The media, the state doesnt look at JV stats. When a team loses 4 starters what can people from around the state who DONT get to see them play actually expect them to bring to the table? If your sick of why they are ranked so high, what are the reasons they dont deserve to be up there?
You know whether you like us or not this web site would be a rest home without the FW fans riling you folks up.  We don't have a heck of lot to cheer about in our community so we take our BB pretty serious.  Don't mean to offend just create some fodder for conversation. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby 666 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:13 am

you guys have to realize that there has to be an x-factor in the game and i think that the x-factor will be on L-M side in Reid Haagenson.  He has played great all year and he knocks down the 3-ball just as good as anyone from 4-winds. But i still would like to see a good game here but right now i think L-M is more prepared and is going to take it. But when it matters i have to go with Tony in tournament time i have played against him since i started playing bball and he has a desire to win and he will do what needs to be done. I just dont think 4-winds comes out ready for THIS game but will in the tournament.
Last edited by 666 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:16 am

666 wrote:you guys have to realize that there has to be an x-factor in the game and i think that the x-factor will be on L-M side in Reid Haagenson.  He has played great all year and he knocks down the 3-ball just as good as anyone from 4-winds. But i still would like to see a good game here but right now i think L-M is more prepared and is going to take it. But when it matters i have to go with Tony in tournament time i have played against him since i started playing bball and he has a desire to win and he will do what needs to be done. I just dont think 4-winds comes out ready for THIS game but will in the tournament.

You forget the other IH can go off on 3's also! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:18 am

What about Herman. He can shoot the 3-ball just as good as anybody in the state. Plus, he pushes the tempo with his fast paced style of play and his amazing finishes.
pacod

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 am

Indians Alumni wrote:First thing that comes to mind is W - L records.  Margin of victory, All Stater on the team, Do you need me to keep going?

I don't think L-M can slow down the pace of the game, Carlson has tried.   I don't think he will do it this year!  So they have a nice surprise coming on the 17th!

WL records: FW 12-1  LM 13-1   

Margin of victory: FW 77ppg 56.9opg  LM 68.4ppg  49opg    margin=21 and 19

So yeah, keep going, why doesn't LM deserve to be where they are.

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby indiandrumhopper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 am

I will chat later because i have to get things ready for tonight game, when they play north star also knowing as cando
indiandrumhopper

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:27 am

Leeds Minnewauken by 10
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am

FW by 6-8 points
pacod

Postby NDdominator » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:50 pm

L-M by 10-15
NDdominator

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:05 pm

I wont make a prediction on here, but I know who I think will win it. Its going to be a great night for basketball. Two ranked teams, big sports center floor, jam packed crowd, two teams that know how to get it done.......what more could you ask for. Gotta love class B basketball.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:15 am

Ok, sorry, left work early, didn' get to finish my debate. 

Well, FW's running game will take over when it comes down to the fourth quarter.  L-M conditioning will be questioned here.  I don't think they will have the conditioning that will equal or surpass FW.  They do not have a defense that can stop a running team and guard against the three pointer.  1-3-1 is not going to do it! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:27 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Ok, sorry, left work early, didn' get to finish my debate. 

Well, FW's running game will take over when it comes down to the fourth quarter.  L-M conditioning will be questioned here.  I don't think they will have the conditioning that will equal or surpass FW.  They do not have a defense that can stop a running team and guard against the three pointer.  1-3-1 is not going to do it! 

How can you say that, you have never even seen LM play this year. You make it sound as if everything you say is fact. Oh, but then you also say, "I don't think." Hmmm, maybe you just dont know. You cant win a debate without facts. Logical guesses just dont cut it.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

How can you say that, you have never even seen LM play this year. You make it sound as if everything you say is fact. Oh, but then you also say, "I don't think." Hmmm, maybe you just dont know. You cant win a debate without facts. Logical guesses just dont cut it.
When have you seen FW's play? 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:37 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

When have you seen FW's play? 

I havent, but where have I questioned them about the game. I have gave reasons as to why LM was probably higher in the poll than FW. I asked you for reasons as to WHY YOU DONT THINK LM SHOULD BE WHERE THEY ARE. YOU said "w-l records, margin of victory, all stater, do you need me to keep going." I gave you FACTS for w-l records and margin of victory, bother were equal or very close to it. I am the only one who has provided facts and has NOT been talking smack about a team that I havent even seen play. Good Day
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:49 am

If you haven't seen them play, why you arguing with me that they should be behind L-M, you have no argument either

Am I lying when I say that L-M is not a running team?  Am I lying that they along with FW have only one loss?  The margin is between two teams with diffents style of play.  L-M has a set offense and they rely on that offense to score, FW is a run and gun team that has a structured offense.  They can slow it down also! 

I see predictions of by 10 over FW.  Can't really score that much against a running team like FW.  You will have to get back on Defense in order to stop their offense.  If you don't turn you heads or watch them when you are running back on defense, you will be scored on.  They can break the press.  Any one of the 5 can dribble, any one of the 5 can shoot and score from behind the arc.  If you play them man, they will drive on you, if you sit in a zone they will shoot over you!  FW is tough to defend and that is a FACT. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:58 am

Indians Alumni wrote:If you haven't seen them play, why you arguing with me that they should be behind L-M, you have no argument either

Am I lying when I say that L-M is not a running team?  Am I lying that they along with FW have only one loss?  The margin is between two teams with diffents style of play.  L-M has a set offense and they rely on that offense to score, FW is a run and gun team that has a structured offense.  They can slow it down also! 

I see predictions of by 10 over FW.  Can't really score that much against a running team like FW.  You will have to get back on Defense in order to stop their offense.  If you don't turn you heads or watch them when you are running back on defense, you will be scored on.  They can break the press.  Any one of the 5 can dribble, any one of the 5 can shoot and score from behind the arc.  If you play them man, they will drive on you, if you sit in a zone they will shoot over you!  FW is tough to defend and that is a FACT. 

I never said they SHOULD be behind LM. Quit putting words in my mouth. I gave you reasons as to why they were PROBABLY, see that, PROBABLY behind LM. Where did I say you were lying? I never did, so I dont know why you would ask that. How do you know how LM plays, you havent seen them. I find it funny how you know so much about a team, know all their weaknesses, all their strengths, and how they can be beat when you've never even watched a game.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:05 am

Carlson doesn't change his offense or defenses after 30 years.  I have play against it. 

Going back to one of your posts (Posted: Tue Jan 30th, 2007 02:13 pm), there were not probablies in that one!  So you are going to retract that and say that you said they were probably?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:12 am

Just for the Record for Carlson's first 4-6 years he played in your face man to man full court defense! and he is a good enough coach to know when he needs to change his defense.....but i dont feel he will need too......they play a very tough 1-3-1
Last edited by The Schwab on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:14 am

I hope he does try that against FW, they will be run into the ground!  They will have a tough time keeping up with FW in the fourth!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:17 am

they wont be run into the ground....you make it sound like LM is a below average J.V. team.....Carlson as WE ALL KNOW will have his boys ready to go....i'm sure in his 30+ years of coaching he's learned a thing or two about stopping a running team
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:18 am

I hope L-M wins by 35
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:18 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Carlson doesn't change his offense or defenses after 30 years.  I have play against it. 

Going back to one of your posts (Posted: Tue Jan 30th, 2007 02:13 pm), there were not probablies in that one!  So you are going to retract that and say that you said they were probably?
That whole post is a "probably." Every reason I gave in there is why LM is "probably" higher ranked. I didnt actually say "probably," but read it. Did I ever say FW absolutely MUST be behind LM because they are the greatest thing since oil funnels? No. I also in that post stated that "who gives a rats about rankings." I could care less. Next topic.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:22 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Carlson doesn't change his offense or defenses after 30 years.  I have play against it. 

That whole post is a "probably." Every reason I gave in there is why LM is "probably" higher ranked. I didnt actually say "probably," but read it. Did I ever say FW absolutely MUST be behind LM because they are the greatest thing since oil funnels? No. I also in that post stated that "who gives a rats about rankings." I could care less. Next topic.

NICE
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:22 am

The Schwab wrote:they wont be run into the ground....you make it sound like LM is a below average J.V. team.....Carlson as WE ALL KNOW will have his boys ready to go....i'm sure in his 30+ years of coaching he's learned a thing or two about stopping a running team

When I say run to the ground I am speaking of there conditioning, not referring to the score. 

Basketball is a game that changes over the years, I think that the old school style of coaching is out, no disrespect to Carlson or anyone with 20 + years, just stating the obvious. 

as to the statement "I hope L-M wins by 35", NB, don't you have bigger fish to fry come Saturday?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:25 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

I still didn't see it where you were referring to Probably?!  I asked why they were ranked hire, and you said your reason.  You had your stats and pie charts, then you came at me.  So don't sit back and act like you are the innocent one who was attacked.  You did a little picking of your own! 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys