Player rankings

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NikeRep » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:38 am

Thanks. Can anyone tell me more about Shockman?
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby berry186 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:02 am

NikeRep wrote:Thanks. Can anyone tell me more about Shockman?

about 6'5 can dribble drive real well, shoots well,athletic, good post moves
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NikeRep » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Sportsguy posted that Shockman is 6'7". Can I get a legit height? Also, whats his body type? Weight?..

thanks
NikeRep
NDPreps Reserve

Postby OldmanBBall » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Shockman is 6'5 and very, very lanky.  He's prolly in the 160-180 lb. range..he has good skills and can hit shots from free throw range.  A lot of potential to become All-State.
OldmanBBall

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:04 pm

yea....i think they only thing that would stop Shockman from being a great player is his weight.  if he hit the weights hard over the summer he will be very tough to stop.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:04 pm

OldmanBBall wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Shockman is 6'5 and very, very lanky.  He's prolly in the 160-180 lb. range..he has good skills and can hit shots from free throw range.  A lot of potential to become All-State.

you are correct very lanky, shoot from anywhere, but doesnt take threes, able to take any big guy off the dribble if you play close
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:03 am

he has grown this summer and has hit the weights hard he is about 6'6 now.
basketballer

Postby deere » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:15 am

how much does he weigh now? Last year he was about 6'5 160 if that...But nonetheless is a good basketball player. If he packs on alot more weight, he'll be very tough.
deere

Postby baller01 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:25 pm

How are some of these players mentioned doing now that the season is underway?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballuvr » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:21 am

Shockman starting pretty slow on a Loboe team reeling early on. He played some AAU ball and it helped him. His footwork improved quite a bit.

He must be feeling some pressure as the Loboes struggle. He has been rather tentative it seems. He's been out of position a few times and has been trying to block shots too much. Leaving his feet way too much.

We will have to see how he and his teammates respond and develop over the next couple months.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:24 am

bballuvr wrote:Shockman starting pretty slow on a Loboe team reeling early on. He played some AAU ball and it helped him. His footwork improved quite a bit.

He must be feeling some pressure as the Loboes struggle. He has been rather tentative it seems. He's been out of position a few times and has been trying to block shots too much. Leaving his feet way too much.

We will have to see how he and his teammates respond and develop over the next couple months.

Could the trying too hard to block shots come from trying to do well Arndt did so well for 4 years? I think he has the stature and ability to dominate games and I'm just curious why he doesn't. Is it the possibility he is playing with some good perimeter people?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:44 am

having all the perimete players will be LaMoure's achilles heel. one bad shooting night and the whole season can go down the drain.  the loss of arndt takes away any inside game that they had, shockman isnt a true post hes better facing up to the basket 12-15 feet away and using his quickness to take other bigs off the dribble.  without a post game all LaMoure has is jumpers and no matter how good you are its really hard to make a state tournament on that, let alone win one.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys