Next Year in Region 3

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Next Year in Region 3

Postby rep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 am

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:
basketballer wrote:I think Linton will be there because they return 11 of their top 12 players, 6 players that got very valuable playing time, including their best guard(Purintun) and post(Pavlicek). Don't take anything away from the players.

i'm curious who takes over the role of schneider. linton will have scorers and shooters, but i don't know if they will have that physical kid on the blocks that can bang and get rebounds. i wonder if pavlicek won't end up having to be that 'guy' with his height. but to me, he seems like he is so dangerous because he is 6-7 and can extend out to the three-point line. so just throwing him in the lane permanently might not utilize all of his abilities.

then again, with all of their guys back, maybe they can compensate for what schneider brought to the table with sheer numbers.

and of course carr will have something up his sleve. guy doesn't have 500 wins for nothing.

o yea amundson haha. I could see Smaltz? doing it kinda like what his brother did. although Beau is more of an offensive threat then Willy was. wasnt Schnieder more of an outside player anyway then on the block? i may be wrong i never saw him play last year. or were you talking about banging on the block on defense? Pavlicek puts on weight in th weight room and he will be a force

yeah, seems like linton doesn't really have a kid that can bang with a physical center. and it seemed like schneider was always a threat for offense boards and putbacks. some call it garbage points, but i think it is crucial come tournament time to get points when the offense isn't just hitting shots. gotta win even when you aren't playing your 'a' game.
rep

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:19 pm

BCN returns 3 starters in Bartlett, Heinze and Magee. Hovelnd will be competing for a spot as well as Baumann who saw quite a few minutes last year. The post game is going to be a concern for them after Anderson is gone. Bauman is about 6' 1" but lacks size. Andrew Wolff could maybe step in but he has no Varsity expierence but he is around 6' 2" and has good size. This team will be without a senior next year but they have expierence especially in Heinze and Bartlett. These guys could make some noise in region 3 next year. But really watch out for them in 2010 when they have all these guys back. They are gonna be a dangerous team come 2010
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:36 pm

NC_408 wrote:BCN returns 3 starters in Bartlett, Heinze and Magee. Hovelnd will be competing for a spot as well as Baumann who saw quite a few minutes last year. The post game is going to be a concern for them after Anderson is gone. Bauman is about 6' 1" but lacks size. Andrew Wolff could maybe step in but he has no Varsity expierence but he is around 6' 2" and has good size. This team will be without a senior next year but they have expierence especially in Heinze and Bartlett. These guys could make some noise in region 3 next year. But really watch out for them in 2010 when they have all these guys back. They are gonna be a dangerous team come 2010

is Bartlett even going to play next year after what happened this season?? or is that a non-issue next year?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:01 pm

I say by the end of the year freshman Cody Christ with some hard work this off season will be making a bigger contribution than Bartlett and maybe even Heinze. Christ is quicker, tall enough, and a better defender than the two, then only edge i give Heinze and Bartlett is shooting.
basketballer

Postby chaos » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:46 am

basketballer wrote:I say by the end of the year freshman Cody Christ with some hard work this off season will be making a bigger contribution than Bartlett and maybe even Heinze. Christ is quicker, tall enough, and a better defender than the two, then only edge i give Heinze and Bartlett is shooting.

You're probalby right. When Bartlett sat down for the season, he was only leading the state in steals per game and was in the top ten in assists and scoring.
chaos

Postby berry186 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:24 pm

but you have to remember if you are getting those stats form ndhsaa not all teams put there stats in
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNCfan2010 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:19 pm

The 8 teams i see playing in the Region 3 Tourney next year are:

Disrict 5:
Central Prairie
L-M-M
P-B-K
Edgeley-Kulm

District 6:
Linton
Strasburg-Zeeland
Steele-Dawson
South Border
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:04 am

UNCfan2010 wrote:The 8 teams i see playing in the Region 3 Tourney next year are:

Disrict 5:
Central Prairie
L-M-M
P-B-K
Edgeley-Kulm

District 6:
Linton
Strasburg-Zeeland
Steele-Dawson
South Border

i agree with pretty much everything but that i think Napoleon could come out of district 6 instead of south border, it could really go either way but there is a possibility. And BCN could maybe, upset pbk but doubhtful.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dr.Love » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Bartlett will play and will be one of the top 5 in the region next year!
baseball wrote:
NC_408 wrote:BCN returns 3 starters in Bartlett, Heinze and Magee. Hovelnd will be competing for a spot as well as Baumann who saw quite a few minutes last year. The post game is going to be a concern for them after Anderson is gone. Bauman is about 6' 1" but lacks size. Andrew Wolff could maybe step in but he has no Varsity expierence but he is around 6' 2" and has good size. This team will be without a senior next year but they have expierence especially in Heinze and Bartlett. These guys could make some noise in region 3 next year. But really watch out for them in 2010 when they have all these guys back. They are gonna be a dangerous team come 2010

is Bartlett even going to play next year after what happened this season?? or is that a non-issue next year?
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballuvr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 pm

I like Bartlett. He's good and has nice promise to be real good. He's not top 5 yet, but could be. Large group of juniors next year. Some of these are going to turn into real good players the next 2 seasons.
Bartlett will be fun to watch develop.
I hope to see him for 2 full seasons. I bet we will.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Linton is the favorite coming out of District 6. They don't have a real player that makes you go "wow", but they are probably the best coached team in the region. The may have some early troulbe in district 6, but they adapt and scout teams better than anyone else.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNCfan2010 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:49 pm

For a lot of teams in Reg 3 next year, it is going to be an improvement year. Some of the teams this year were loaded with sophs and quite a few of them got some some good court time. I think 2010 will be an amazing year for reg 3. A few teams with a good number of sophs are LMM, Strasburg-Zeeland, LaMoure, BCN, and Edgely-Kulm. I would say that reg 3 will be one of the toughest regions in 2010.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:10 pm

UNCfan2010 wrote:For a lot of teams in Reg 3 next year, it is going to be an improvement year. Some of the teams this year were loaded with sophs and quite a few of them got some some good court time. I think 2010 will be an amazing year for reg 3. A few teams with a good number of sophs are LMM, Strasburg-Zeeland, LaMoure, BCN, and Edgely-Kulm. I would say that reg 3 will be one of the toughest regions in 2010.

agreed
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubs fan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:35 am

Linton is going to be the powerhouse, with central prarie, strausberg, and possibly steele and edgeley/kulm right behind them. maybe even pbk

I agree Linton will be the team to beat, everything else is up for grabs. Edgely/Kulm right behind them? you got to be kidding. Knudson is one of the best ball handlers in the district, and Rott shows promise along with Taylor. They will have a hard time getting past the Stemen boys from Lamoure.
cubs fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 pm

This is how i see it in region 3 next year.

District 5
1. Edgeley Kulm
2. Central Prairie
3. LMM
4. Ellendale
5. BCN
6. PBK
7. LaMoure

District 6
1. Linton
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Strausburg
4. Napoleon
5. South Border
6. HMB
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Tue May 06, 2008 10:56 pm

bump..
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NC_408 » Wed May 07, 2008 2:55 pm

basketballer wrote:I say by the end of the year freshman Cody Christ with some hard work this off season will be making a bigger contribution than Bartlett and maybe even Heinze. Christ is quicker, tall enough, and a better defender than the two, then only edge i give Heinze and Bartlett is shooting.

haha he will contribute but he will be a role player and this team will be focused around Heinze and Bartlett. Heinze is way more versatile, bartlett is a very quick guard who plays good d
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby iplod34 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 pm

District 5
1. Central Prairie
2. Edgeley Kulm
3. Ellendale
4. LMM
5. BCN
6. PBK
7. LaMoure

District 6
1. Strausburg
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Linton
4. South Border
5. HMB
6. Napoleon

With Steele-Dawson beating Central Prairie to go to state.
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Postby ICU » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 pm

iplod34 wrote:District 5
1. Central Prairie
2. Edgeley Kulm
3. Ellendale
4. LMM
5. BCN
6. PBK
7. LaMoure

District 6
1. Strausburg
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Linton
4. South Border
5. HMB
6. Napoleon

Are you kidding me? Linton hands down this year. Should check out the new kids going to school in Linton and then revamp District 6.
ICU

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 pm

ICU wrote:
iplod34 wrote:District 5
1. Central Prairie
2. Edgeley Kulm
3. Ellendale
4. LMM
5. BCN
6. PBK
7. LaMoure

District 6
1. Strausburg
2. Steele-Dawson
3. Linton
4. South Border
5. HMB
6. Napoleon

Are you kidding me? Linton hands down this year. Should check out the new kids going to school in Linton and then revamp District 6.

Who did Linton pick up this year? Kids from HMB transfer down?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iplod34 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:25 pm

really? who? they must b pretty good if they would move linton all the way to 1st
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNCfan2010 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Dist. 5

1.LMM- returning strong team leaders Dillon Carpenter, Chad Limesand and Travis Brandvold along with a very strong junior class and a few underclassmen who could get some good court time.

2.Central Prairie- returning pretty much everything with two key players Brock Knodel and Nick Moser and a wide variety of other players who gained some good experience last year

3.Edgely/Kulm- although they lost a strong senior class from Kulm they should come back with a good season with key players Tyler Berg, Alex Knudson, and Justin Rott leading the way

4.BCN- coming off of a sub-par season BCN should still come back with a good season with veterans Bartlett and Hienze leading them, but other players will need to step it up to help them out

5.PBK- with the loss of some good seniors they will need to rely on the experience of Kale Thomas and the development of some younger players if they want to make a good run this season

6.Ellendale- not losing much of anything they won't need to worry about rebuilding and can develop the talent they have with their backcourt and big man Nolan Hamer into a competitive team

7.LaMoure- after losing an INCREDIBLE senior class, this will most likely be a rebuilding year for LaMoure, but if Aaron Stemen can become a strong influence on other players they could be a tough opponent
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby iplod34 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 pm

now with the reommichs, its linton easly winning this region
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:57 am

District 6:
1.) Linton- Hands down the best coaching staff by far in the district along with returning 4 starters from last years team. Might take them a few games to gel with the new guys, but will be a force when tournament time rolls around.

2.) Toss up between S-Z and S-D. S-Z has a couple of juniors that saw some extensive playing time last year and should help them this year. The key will be what they have done this summer. S-D will come down to how the players are able to adapt during the game. It was every evident during the end of last year that they were unable to adapt during the game as those better coached did. Between the two, I give the slight edge to S-Z, just because the game is down there this year, a very difficult place to play.

4-6.) This is anyones guess as the bottom of the district could go many ways. HMB, was pretty young last year and should be better, but will have trouble matching up against the better teams in the region. SB lost a huge senior class and might take some time for the new guys to adjust to their roles. Napoleon took a huge blow this summer when their head coach took the job at Mandan. If they are able to get someone in that got as much out of the kids as Horner did, they should be respectible at the end of the season.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:58 am

iplod34 wrote:now with the reommichs, its linton easly winning this region

why did they move from bottineau to linton, linton and bottineau are at complete opposite parts of the state.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys