Region 3 Tourney!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 3 Tourney!!

Postby baller01 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
hp fan wrote:Is the basketball in this region that bad that all we have to talk about it some kids hair (or lack there of)???

Just kidding, I would like to know if any of you guys think LaMoure will get beat. Seems to me they are a little ahead of the rest of the region. But after them it is extremely balanced

Well linton beat them by 4 just a few weeks ago, and that is a possible second round matchup.

Linton got lucky the first time. LaMoure is far and away better then anyone in this region. Look for LaMoure to roll through teams by atleast 15 points every game this week.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby poweraidman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:59 am

yes, lamoure is a very good team, but they aren't going to win all of their games by 15, if they do win all of their games it wont be by more than 5 to 10, every game is going to be close, i wouldnt put it past steele to beat them, or kulm and linton beat them in the semi's, as for linton getting lucky beating them is not true, i watched that game and the refs werent bad at all, linton just out played them. LaMoure made a lot of dumb mistakes that game.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flyer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 am

poweraidman wrote:Game 1: (15-6) Linton vs. (13-9) Kulm
Game 2: (21-1) LaMoure vs. (16-5) Steele-Dawson

Game 3: (18-4) Strasburg-Zeeland vs. (11-11) Litchville-Marion-Montpelier
Game 4: (8-14) Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal vs. (15-6) South Border

Should be an interesting tourney. By the looks of it Strausberg has an easier bracket, not saying that they have a free ride to the championship but i think they will make it. The top side is a toss up, i do believe that Steele could pull off an upset against LaMoure. And if LaMoure wins, i think the winner out of Kulm or Linton could beat LaMoure too. Any thoughts or predictions?

Linton over Kulm
Lamoure over SD
SZ over LMM
South Border over PBK

Semi's
Linton over Lamoure
South Border of SZ

Championship
Linton over SB
Flyer

Postby bballuvr » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:50 am

poweraidman wrote:yes, lamoure is a very good team, but they aren't going to win all of their games by 15, if they do win all of their games it wont be by more than 5 to 10, every game is going to be close, i wouldnt put it past steele to beat them, or kulm and linton beat them in the semi's, as for linton getting lucky beating them is not true, i watched that game and the refs werent bad at all, linton just out played them. LaMoure made a lot of dumb mistakes that game.

I wouldn't put it past anyone to beat anyone, it's regionals. Linton wasn't lucky is true. They outplayed LaMoure that night. Shockman in foul trouble, [only 3-4 times this year], and Watkins and Holen about 4-22. Linton defended well as they usually do. LaMoure took several rushed and contested shots. Much of the credit goes to Linton. IF they meet again, my bet is LaMoure plays much better.
Linton is focused on Kulm now I'm sure. They should be. Kulm brings a nice lineup into this tourney. Good size and decent quickness. Definitely capable of knocking off Linton.
LaMoure is focused on SD. They should be. Randall is very good. They will defend him as well as he has been this year I think. He's had a decent supporting cast at times this year. They could be good enough today.
I don't know if LaMoure will win a game in this tourney. They are certainly good enough to win the thing and be a nice rep. at state. They could be done today. They only thing I know for sure is that if they play the way they have 90%+ of the time this year, they will be tough to beat.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Monday's results?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Linton over Kulm. Kulm made a run in the second half to go up by 2. Purintan poured it on in the 4th for 15 points for the win. He ended up with 31?

LaMoure over Steele. LaMoure had 5 players in double figures and had control of the game all but a couple minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter. Randall hit for 20 points. Every shot but one was contested.

Strasburg/Zeeland over LMM. LMM couldn't handle the speed of SZ. SZ hit em with a very effective zone.

South Border over PBK. PBK shot the lights out in districts, but not tonight.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby poweraidman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:07 am

lamoure pretty much controlled the steele game, steel had their runs but lamoure held them off

Purintun put up 30 but traveled on about 10 to 15 of his points, i believe kulm should have won that game p.s. the refs were terrible, not just for kulm but just all in all terrible.

pbk didnt shoot well, they hung in for a bit but then sb just kept driving making layups or getting fouled

the lmm strasuberg game was actually closer than i thought it would be, strasberg just ran them

i pick lamoure over linton by 10+ and strasberg over south border
and lamoure finally makes it to state beating strasberg by 10+ in the ship

once lamoure makes it to state they will get 3rd or better
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:45 am

poweraidman wrote:lamoure pretty much controlled the steele game, steel had their runs but lamoure held them off

Purintun put up 30 but traveled on about 10 to 15 of his points, i believe kulm should have won that game p.s. the refs were terrible, not just for kulm but just all in all terrible.

pbk didnt shoot well, they hung in for a bit but then sb just kept driving making layups or getting fouled

the lmm strasuberg game was actually closer than i thought it would be, strasberg just ran them

i pick lamoure over linton by 10+ and strasberg over south border
and lamoure finally makes it to state beating strasberg by 10+ in the ship

once lamoure makes it to state they will get 3rd or better

Linton played good in the fourth quarter because they have been in the regional tourney every year for the past fifty (give or take a few haha) and kulm lost fair and square....poweraidman give credit where credit is due
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:55 am

poweraidman wrote:Purintun put up 30 but traveled on about 10 to 15 of his points

Were they on jump stops?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 am

Purintan posted up to the free throw line in the 4th quarter. Once he got the ball, he drove a couple steps into the paint, made a tremendous spin move and finished with a layup. He got 15 points in the quarter. I didn't see one travel.

The Gophers played with a lot of heart and I really admired that. but in the end, their legs gave out on them. Congratulations on a great season to the whole Kulm team.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:05 am

luckyinlife wrote:Linton over Kulm. Kulm made a run in the second half to go up by 2. Purintan poured it on in the 4th for 15 points for the win. He ended up with 31?

LaMoure over Steele. LaMoure had 5 players in double figures and had control of the game all but a couple minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter. Randall hit for 20 points. Every shot but one was contested.

Strasburg/Zeeland over LMM. LMM couldn't handle the speed of SZ. SZ hit em with a very effective zone.

South Border over PBK. PBK shot the lights out in districts, but not tonight.

Anytime you can have mulitple threats on the floor, that makes a team more dangerous and was a big reason behind why LaMoure won.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:04 pm

luckyinlife wrote:Purintan posted up to the free throw line in the 4th quarter. Once he got the ball, he drove a couple steps into the paint, made a tremendous spin move and finished with a layup. He got 15 points in the quarter. I didn't see one travel.

The Gophers played with a lot of heart and I really admired that. but in the end, their legs gave out on them. Congratulations on a great season to the whole Kulm team.

I didnt see any travels either. THey were just nice moves and really quick which when your playing it may look like a travel but really isnt. Randall has some of the same moves and youll hear people complaining about a travels but there wasnt one to be called. That spin move he used was awesome, it was FAST!

Steele played better than i thought they would. Lang defended holen pretty nice. Randall scored a really quiet 20 points. It's hard to win when you have 5 guys who can give you double figures on any given night.

Lmm Strausburg game was pretty good also. Strausburg had a nice press for a few minutes, and tehy basically out ran the rebels down the floor for some easy points at the end.

South Border played with a great amount of intensity the whole game. They protected teh ball very well. I thnk they only had something like 4 turnovers on the game. They play d all over the floor and are full and they have a suffocating 2-3 zone. It will be something to see if they can keep up the intensity and hustle throughout the whole tourney.

What was this regular season and district game like b/t SB and SZ?
Philnerius21

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Philnerius21 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:Purintan posted up to the free throw line in the 4th quarter. Once he got the ball, he drove a couple steps into the paint, made a tremendous spin move and finished with a layup. He got 15 points in the quarter. I didn't see one travel.

I didnt see any travels either. THey were just nice moves and really quick which when your playing it may look like a travel but really isnt. Randall has some of the same moves and youll hear people complaining about a travels but there wasnt one to be called. That spin move he used was awesome, it was FAST!

Steele played better than i thought they would. Lang defended holen pretty nice. Randall scored a really quiet 20 points. It's hard to win when you have 5 guys who can give you double figures on any given night.

Lmm Strausburg game was pretty good also. Strausburg had a nice press for a few minutes, and tehy basically out ran the rebels down the floor for some easy points at the end.

South Border played with a great amount of intensity the whole game. They protected teh ball very well. I thnk they only had something like 4 turnovers on the game. They play d all over the floor and are full and they have a suffocating 2-3 zone. It will be something to see if they can keep up the intensity and hustle throughout the whole tourney.

SZ won both by like 20 i think they said on the radio in the regular season and 4 or so in districts, I'll go see if I can find it and edit it in a few.

Dec. 20 South Border at Zeeland • 6:00

and

Feb. 23 vs. South Border
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Philnerius21 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:24 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
Philnerius21 wrote:

SZ won both by like 20 i think they said on the radio in the regular season and 4 or so in districts, I'll go see if I can find it and edit it in a few.

Dec. 20 South Border at Zeeland • 6:00

and

Feb. 23 vs. South Border

Aight thanks for the info
Philnerius21

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm

I honestly dont think LaMoure will win th region. after seeing them play yesterday i am on the side of people who say Linton beating them was NOT luck. i think it couldve been a better game, but for some reason Olsen feels the best defense is to not gaurd one guy AT ALL and just let him shoot the lights out. it always amazes me that if you look in the box score the next day for some reason he was the teams leading scorer....wierd. Schreder? couldve easily had 30 yesterday. Linton is a solid team and have the best coach in the region by far. If Purintun can have another 30 pt game i see SZ-Linton for the Region title. and if they do get past Linton, I think Strasburg can give them problems with that trapping press they ran in the 3rd qaurter...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

baseball wrote:I honestly dont think LaMoure will win th region. after seeing them play yesterday i am on the side of people who say Linton beating them was NOT luck. i think it couldve been a better game, but for some reason Olsen feels the best defense is to not gaurd one guy AT ALL and just let him shoot the lights out. it always amazes me that if you look in the box score the next day for some reason he was the teams leading scorer....wierd. Schreder? couldve easily had 30 yesterday. Linton is a solid team and have the best coach in the region by far. If Purintun can have another 30 pt game i see SZ-Linton for the Region title. and if they do get past Linton, I think Strasburg can give them problems with that trapping press they ran in the 3rd qaurter...

6 of 12 from the floor and 3 of 7 from the 3 pt line so

3 of 5 from 2 pt= 60%
3 of 7 from 3 pt= 42.9%
yup, gotta say that worked out well.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:44 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baseball wrote:I honestly dont think LaMoure will win th region. after seeing them play yesterday i am on the side of people who say Linton beating them was NOT luck. i think it couldve been a better game, but for some reason Olsen feels the best defense is to not gaurd one guy AT ALL and just let him shoot the lights out. it always amazes me that if you look in the box score the next day for some reason he was the teams leading scorer....wierd. Schreder? couldve easily had 30 yesterday. Linton is a solid team and have the best coach in the region by far. If Purintun can have another 30 pt game i see SZ-Linton for the Region title. and if they do get past Linton, I think Strasburg can give them problems with that trapping press they ran in the 3rd qaurter...

3 of 5 from 2 pt= 60%
3 of 7 from 3 pt= 42.9%

combine that with Stemen

3-4 from the field
3-3 form 3
5-5 from the line
14 points....
the guys that "were not gaurded" had 29.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm

baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

3 of 5 from 2 pt= 60%
3 of 7 from 3 pt= 42.9%

combine that with Stemen

3-4 from the field
3-3 form 3
5-5 from the line
14 points....
the guys that "were not gaurded" had 29.....

ya, hard to win that way.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby mathlete110 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm pretty sure LaMoure can beat anyone if they play with confidence and look for their open shots. They need to work together as well. If they do that, they should have no problem.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby munson11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Does anybody know when LaMoure and Linton will play tonight, and on what station? Also, will it be on the web as well? I'd really like to listen to this one.
munson11

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:19 pm

munson11 wrote:Does anybody know when LaMoure and Linton will play tonight, and on what station? Also, will it be on the web as well? I'd really like to listen to this one.

6:00 on http://www.ksjb.com and http://www.newsdakota.com
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:46 pm

What were the results and scores in the Region 3 semi-final games???
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 pm

LaMoure 49
Linton 34

South Border 35
Strasburg-Zeeland 32
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndbfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:LaMoure 49
Linton 34

South Border 35
Strasburg-Zeeland 32

Thanks!
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby poweraidman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:53 pm

LaMoure over linton by about 15- it was actually closer then the score shows, there were a few lead changes, and a tight game the whole way till the end, LaMoure made their free throws, and put them away.

South border over strasburg, close game the whole way, strasberg didnt shoot well, and had to many forced turnovers, and i can safely say the refs were terrible that game too, they didnt call much against strasberg, but they what they didnt do was call fouls on south border, sathren drove into the lane at least 4 to 5 times and got either hacked or pushed from behind, and no calls were made(plus hummels last second shot looked like he got fouled too..i may be wrong but i dont believe so). i do give credit to south border for winning this game

but now we all know lamoure is finally going to make it to state, its a 100% chance that they win on thursday, south border wont be able to beat them. I am by no means a lamoure fan but there is just no way that lamoure loses this game
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys