District 3 district tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 3 district tourney

Postby Hinsa » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:08 am

Larimore looked flat and uninspired. Prosser had some foul trouble - sat out parts of all 4 quarters. Hillsboro rebounded well and passed well inside for layups. Hager hit 3 treys in the second quarter to keep it close, but I don't remember him taking an outside shot in the second half.

Hillsboro just kind of sucked the life out of Larimore with solid ballhandling, good patience, good passing, and giving up very few second chance shots.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby halibut » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:20 am

Ok thanks. this is exactly what we all expected. The team who is playing better come tourney time will win. Each team needs to show up any given night. No offense to Central Valley, but Larimore should be very glad they have them to fall back on tomorrow or else I think it could have been a quick exit for the Polar Bears on the season.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:30 am

Hinsa wrote:Hatton-Northwood 59, MPCG 43

Sets up these games:

CV vs Larimore (loser out)
GCC vs MPCG (loser out)
DP vs Hillsboro (semis)
Thompson vs HN (semis)

Larimore beat CV in regular season
MPCG beat GCC by 11 in regular season
DP beat Hillsboro by 9 in regular season
Thompson and HN split in regular season

Should be a good round of games on Saturday.

I got Larimore, MPCG, DP, and HN
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Larimore
Toss up
DP
HN
PA42

Postby halibut » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:00 pm

I agree exactly with cubsfan. Larimore will win by 15-20+, MPCG will beat GCC by less than 10 margin. Dakota Prairie will win by 10-15 and Hatton-Northwood will win in a really close one.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Larimore does not match up well with smaller, quicker, and patient teams like Hillsboro and Mpcg. They match up better against teams like H-N, Thompson, and even Dakota Prairie.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:11 pm

15-8 Larimore end 1st
PA42

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:27 pm

28-17 larimore end half
PA42

Postby basketball » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:42 pm

halibut wrote:I agree exactly with cubsfan. Larimore will win by 15-20+, MPCG will beat GCC by less than 10 margin. Dakota Prairie will win by 10-15 and Hatton-Northwood will win in a really close one.

Good Predictions
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:46 am

Larimore over CV - CV eliminated
MPCG over GCC - GCC eliminated
DP over Hillsboro
HN over Thompson

Monday Region qualifiers:
Larimore vs Thompson
Hillsboro vs MPCG

Championsip:
DP vs HN

I'm going to take:
Larimore over Thompson - but Larimore must play with passion. I know this would be a big upset, but Thompson spent a lot of energy against HN. Hager, Trosen and Delorme must handle Thompson's pressure.
Hillsboro over MPCG - this is scary - Hillsboro has won twice by a TOTAL of 5 points, but I think this time they win by 10
HN over DP - Benjamin Strand is looking fantastic in this tournament, and Wallace will muscle DP's big guys
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby halibut » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Hinsa, you sure are going for some upsets on Monday. Besides Hillsboro. Monday will hold very close games I think.
First off, if Larimore can find out how to play together again, they will compete. Thompson, I think, will win by a 10+ margin. Larimore just got completely blown out by Hillsboro and Thompson is about the same, if not better team than Hillsboro.
MPCG vs. Hillsboro will be a tight one. It always is when you have this rivalry game that dates back a long time. Nelson vs. Rotvold, Olsen vs. Olson. Playing for their season to live on another week. I'll take Hillsboro with a buzzer beater to win, again.
HN vs. Dakota Prairie. These teams played a very long time ago and it was close then. HN is playing probably their best ball of the season. I remember earlier topics on here from their first and only meeting of Kueber vs. HN. This is the rematch with even more on the line, the district championship. I can't even predict the outcome. DP's talent alone should win it, but HN's heart and fire are there every night it seems. It's a toss up for me
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:23 pm

I dont know if H-N is going to beat Dp. I just dont think H-N has enough players to compete with dp. Yes H-N played very good basketball last night, huss and that tyler kid came off the bench and helped alot , that workan kid hit some big shots and wallace and strand played very well like always. But there was one thing that I see about H-N. They turned the ball over too much when thomson started pressing. If they can get the ball across half court then they will stay with dp. A couple things about dp is that they need to play defense the whole game, the defese is starting to get better but they need to do it the whole game. I dont think H-N has enought guys to compete with keuber or nichols so Im going to go with dp on this one. If dp can get wallace in foul trouble then i think h-n doesnt have a chance but it can also go the other way.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Yah, I realize I'm picking some upsets, especially Larimore. We'll know early if Larimore has a chance. If they don't come to play with some fire Thompson will win by 30 and score in the 80s.

As for HN-DP, I really like what I see of HN right now. Strand looks awesome - I've never seen anyone break Thompson's press by dribbling through and around traps like that. And when Wallace gets physical inside, he's going to break Nichols and/or Kueber in half. Workin showed me range on Saturday night that I didn't know he had. And Huus is working back into shape - look for him to be a difference maker Monday night. Plus, even though they don't say it outwardly, I still think that inside they have a desire to prove to themselves and to everyone else that they can win without all the players that left their team.

As for Hillsboro-MPCG, well, Hillsboro can just plain score more points that MPCG can. That's why I say Hillsboro by 10. But I would not bet my house on that prediction. I'll toss out a wild card on this game - if Dan Baldwin figures out how to score 10 points in this game, Hillsboro is in big, big trouble.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby nc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:16 pm

so your telling me that wallace is going to take out nichols and keuber. I know that wallace is a very good ball player but idk if he can do that. And also about last night i watched the game and bylden was breaking the press better than strand was. At the end when thompson was setting their press northwood was turning the ball over and almost let thompson back into the game. And if you were at the dp vs thompson game severson also broke through that press everytime thompson tried to set it up. This will be a good matchup and I think it will be a close the whole game. It will come up to who can play better defense.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pm

If I remember right last year at districts the guys from HN were able to stop Nichols and they didnt even have a big and strong guy like Wallace gaurding him. I think HN will pull out the win.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:20 pm

basketball wrote:If I remember right last year at districts the guys from HN were able to stop Nichols and they didnt even have a big and strong guy like Wallace gaurding him. I think HN will pull out the win.

Dp also didn't have Kueber. Fredericks has emerged as a very good scorer. Dp is a totally different team this year than last year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:24 pm

cubsfan wrote:
basketball wrote:If I remember right last year at districts the guys from HN were able to stop Nichols and they didnt even have a big and strong guy like Wallace gaurding him. I think HN will pull out the win.

Dp also didn't have Kueber. Fredericks has emerged as a very good scorer. Dp is a totally different team this year than last year.

I was referring to NC's comment how he doesnt think Wallace can handle either Nichols or Kueber.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:31 pm

I am not saying that wallace cant handle nichols or keuber im saying that he wont be able to take out both of them and their isnt anybody else on that team that will be able to take nichols or keuber if wallace is guarding one of them.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder66 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:59 pm

nc wrote:I am not saying that wallace cant handle nichols or keuber im saying that he wont be able to take out both of them and their isnt anybody else on that team that will be able to take nichols or keuber if wallace is guarding one of them.

That's exactly right. Wallace is fully capable of guarding Nichols and Kueber, the problem is he can't guard them both. In the first meeting it all came down to Hajicek and Staskivige not being able to defend in the post without fouling. Those two got about 5 or 6 opportunities for 3-point plays in the last few minutes of the game. The momentum DP got from those fouls is why they came back and won that game.

As for this meeting. Wallace has never been more fired up for a game and his energy resonates through that whole team unlike any other player I've seen at this level. I expect HN to bring their best effort of the season tomorrow night and it should be a great game. Oh and Wallace has a subtle little surprise for Kueber so keep ur eyes open for that.
Thunder66

Postby Tommy Callahan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Oh and Wallace has a subtle little surprise for Kueber so keep ur eyes open for that.[/quote]

Let me guess this little surpise, HN got some shirts for warmups with there last names on it and Wallace is goin to wear the one that has Kueber on it. That is my guess for the surpise
Tommy Callahan

Postby nc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:19 pm

You are right about the shirts. Someone told me that wallace made a shirt that had keuber or something like that on the back, and dont think that wallace is the only player out their that has some fire, im sure that dp are looking forward to this game just as much as h=n is. Its just that h-n wants some revenge.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm

I got Dp, Hillsboro, and Thompson. Thompson will by 10+ because Larimore doesn't really have a lot of fight in them. Hillsboro will win by a very close margin again. Dp will wear Hatton-Northwood out and win a very physical battle.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:55 pm

scc wrote:I'll take the higher seeds on Monday, unless they score fewer points than their opposition. I think the greatest chance for upset will be the Hillsboro vs. MPCG game.

OK, now you're just playing with us...... :)
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thunder66 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:22 pm

Tommy Callahan wrote:Oh and Wallace has a subtle little surprise for Kueber so keep ur eyes open for that.

Let me guess this little surpise, HN got some shirts for warmups with there last names on it and Wallace is goin to wear the one that has Kueber on it. That is my guess for the surpise

Haha well i guess i thought it was a surprise, oops
Thunder66

Postby hammer63 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:25 pm

I'll go with Thompson and Hillsboro winning and then in the championship it should be close but I think DP will win DP is just to quick for Hatton Northwoods starting five and should be fast breaking alot. Really what it comes down to as Thunder66 said is how Hajicek and Staskavige can come in and play against either Nichols or Kueber. Wallace will be physical and that might cause some foul troubles for their team. It will be hard for whoever is in at PG to keep up with Severson. I will say the score will be 62-54.
hammer63

PreviousNext

Return to Boys