good freshman

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: good freshman

Postby region 2 opinion » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 am

InTheKnow wrote:
champs0607 wrote:Phillip Schanilec is not the best freshman in the state. He only scores the majority of his points at the end of the games when the jv is in. Brady robbins and brandon chrest from cavalier have better stats and sit out when the game is well in hand they might be the best in the state. Hes a good player but by no means is he the best in the state.

I didnt say he was THE best. I said... "This Schanilec kid MIGHT be emerging as the best Freshman in the state, at LEAST the top 5." I did also make reference to Robins and Crest as well.

The scoring late in the game was the case earlier in the season. Not anymore. 19, 18, 16, and 16 all in the second half would be alot of points late in the game. Its pretty much a toss up. All three of those players are very tallented. Crest and Robbins have a leg up with a year of varsity experience already because Cavalier was rather down last year while MM was one missed layup at the buzzer from going to state last year. I know Crest and Robins both went through growing pains last year on varsity as they adjust to the speed of that level. Schanilec needed a few games early as well to adjust. Big jump from JH ball to varsity. Also need to learn their roles on the team as they go. Was a pass first, shoot second PG earlier in the year and is now looking for his shot through out the game. We will see at the end of the year if he continues to score at that pace on a team with few other offensive threats.

You are right in the know, Schanilec is a player!! He by no means gets all his points late in the game. He plays the whole game and gets it done for a fr.

Did Jalen Ham at Central Cass recover from his knee injury already?
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

region 2 opinion wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
champs0607 wrote:Phillip Schanilec is not the best freshman in the state. He only scores the majority of his points at the end of the games when the jv is in. Brady robbins and brandon chrest from cavalier have better stats and sit out when the game is well in hand they might be the best in the state. Hes a good player but by no means is he the best in the state.

I didnt say he was THE best. I said... "This Schanilec kid MIGHT be emerging as the best Freshman in the state, at LEAST the top 5." I did also make reference to Robins and Crest as well.

The scoring late in the game was the case earlier in the season. Not anymore. 19, 18, 16, and 16 all in the second half would be alot of points late in the game. Its pretty much a toss up. All three of those players are very tallented. Crest and Robbins have a leg up with a year of varsity experience already because Cavalier was rather down last year while MM was one missed layup at the buzzer from going to state last year. I know Crest and Robins both went through growing pains last year on varsity as they adjust to the speed of that level. Schanilec needed a few games early as well to adjust. Big jump from JH ball to varsity. Also need to learn their roles on the team as they go. Was a pass first, shoot second PG earlier in the year and is now looking for his shot through out the game. We will see at the end of the year if he continues to score at that pace on a team with few other offensive threats.

You are right in the know, Schanilec is a player!! He by no means gets all his points late in the game. He plays the whole game and gets it done for a fr.

well ya i know he doesn't score EVERY SINGLE POINT in the last part of the game but when i saw him play at the park river tourney it seemed like the MAJORITY of his points were late in the game. Maybe thats changed now i haven't seen him play since
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby click clack moo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:36 pm

luke sorum from our reedemers in minot is priddy good granted his team is no good but he keeps them in a lot of games and can shoot from outside well... he should be a good player in the upcomming years
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dragon32 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:55 pm

St.John has good freshman but they have nowhere near the talent of Dunseith ya I said it. Kalen Azure will have a field day. Kaenan Poitra will have at least 20pts and Julius Baker will drop threes down like the rain.
Dragon32

Postby #28 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm

omg i saw u guys play this year u guys aint anything specail
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBigMan55 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:05 am

yea dunseith is ok but i think they would be better if that frank st.claire kid would shoot more...i saw him shoot around in warm ups and he can shoot if very well if he is wide open....and that keanan poitra kid should stop with so many turnovers....
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:09 pm

champs0607 wrote:
region 2 opinion wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

well ya i know he doesn't score EVERY SINGLE POINT in the last part of the game but when i saw him play at the park river tourney it seemed like the MAJORITY of his points were late in the game. Maybe thats changed now i haven't seen him play since

Yeah it has changed since then from what i hear. Each round of the holiday tournament was a new career hig for him. Probably figured out that not much offense will come out of the upper classmen and began to assert himself as he became comfortable with playing varsity. You have to give a kid a few games to get adjusted. I remember my first few varsity games playing rather timid offensively becuse I didnt want to screw up and never see the floor again. The speed of the game gets you a little right away because you are not used to it but it begins to slow down pretty quick. After a few games you start to realize that you can play at that level (especially being a freshman) and you beign to play the way you can. Schanilec led the team in scoring with 17 in a loss on saturday.

Can anyone help me with the Ham kids status?
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby champs0607 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:41 pm

ya kinda my friend who is friends with him said it was a wrist injury not a knee injury not so sure about his condition or if it was for sure a wrist injury.
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Jeff Rasmussen had 21 last nite for Washburn in a loss against Solen.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:50 am

champs0607 wrote:ya kinda my friend who is friends with him said it was a wrist injury not a knee injury not so sure about his condition or if it was for sure a wrist injury.

I don't know anything about his injury, but he played Tuesday night and looked fine to me.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brockstar41 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:55 pm

I agree with both Monson and Lindahl. Monson was leading his B squad in scoring as an eighth grader and just keeps getting better. Lindahl can hit from anywhere and if he grows to about six eight should average an easy fifteen boards. I will admit theyre both a little low and but very good.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:55 am

jtdc492 wrote:Jeff Rasmussen had 21 last nite for Washburn in a loss against Solen.

Jeff Rasmussen had 18 in a Washburn win over New Salem on Thursday.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 am

Brady Robbins 29 points vs. Midway-Minto Enough said, he owned Shanilec. Phillip had to have at least 10 turnovers he threw the ball right to Brady at least 5 times in the game. He is a good player but not the best in the state. i think he had 11 or 12 against Cavalier he can Shoot the 3
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_lives_on » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm

I think Michael Bigwood from Cavalier has the speed and agility to play with the best of anyone in Cavalier and his lil baby hook from the left side is unstoppable. He has to grow some but in the next few years will be a scoring threat to opposing teams. Michael is seriously a force to reckon with.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fab 5 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Brandon Chrest from Cavalier can dunk it hard with two hands .....
Fab 5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jwall512 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:36 pm

jtdc492 wrote:Jeffery Rasmussen from Washburn is starting and avg. about 9-10 pts./game playing point.

i got to see thi kid play and he impressed me he shot the three well and was a good ball handler
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 pm

Fab 5 wrote:Brandon Chrest from Cavalier can dunk it hard with two hands .....

Yeah Brandon can pump down alley oops easy. He has a huge vertical for a freshman. I believe he will throw one down before the season is over.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby *BALLER* » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:00 pm

Stephen Guler is a pretty good player.. i have seen him dominated teams on B-squad and he is getting more and more varsity time every game
*BALLER*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 am

Jwall512 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:Jeffery Rasmussen from Washburn is starting and avg. about 9-10 pts./game playing point.

i got to see thi kid play and he impressed me he shot the three well and was a good ball handler

I finally saw him play against Wilton and he is definately the spark plug that makes Washburn go. He is smooth, has good court sense and awareness and will be on everybody's radar come tourney time. He went out for a quarter with a turned ankle and Wilton immediately went up by 20. He is good!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 am

jtdc492 wrote:
Jwall512 wrote:

I finally saw him play against Wilton and he is definately the spark plug that makes Washburn go. He is smooth, has good court sense and awareness and will be on everybody's radar come tourney time. He went out for a quarter with a turned ankle and Wilton immediately went up by 20. He is good!

u watch out west games my cousin plays for max, levi tomlinson, hes a freshmen i heard he had 28 and 30 in two jv games this year but i've never seen him play ??? is he any good?
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:48 am

MT_20 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:
Jwall512 wrote:

u watch out west games my cousin plays for max, levi tomlinson, hes a freshmen i heard he had 28 and 30 in two jv games this year but i've never seen him play ??? is he any good?

My son played against him last year in Jr. hi, Levi was in 8th grade my son in 7th. He is a good player. Handles the ball well and takes it to the hoop well. If he continues to improve he will be a good varsity player. His dad is originally from TL-M.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:15 pm

jtdc492 wrote:
MT_20 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:
Jwall512 wrote:

My son played against him last year in Jr. hi, Levi was in 8th grade my son in 7th. He is a good player. Handles the ball well and takes it to the hoop well. If he continues to improve he will be a good varsity player. His dad is originally from TL-M.

yeah hes my uncle my dad grew up there he knows everyone in that town. i played against him one on one i was just wondering how he did during games he seems like a good scrapper and he go's to the lane hard.
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 am

Jeffery Rasmussen is having a heck of a district tourney for Washburn. I will say he is the best freshman point guard in the state.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I'll take Chuck Lovejoy any day of the week!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am

with out a question daniel swenson from new rockford is really quite amazing i think 15 points and 8 rebounds and 3 blocks a game hes an animal down low noone can stop him
bigg
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys