Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 am

pacod wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:
pacod wrote:
pacod wrote:Lets be real here, the only dominant teams in region 7 are Hazen and DT. The only reason DT has been such a great team these past couple years is they're scared to step up and go class A. IMO, any school thats capping off their enrollment numbers should step up. Go class A, i'm sure they have the numbers in their area.

My bad, can't forget about Killdeer.

You is bad..... can't forget about Beulah.  They did go to class A but are back.  If they were here the past 7 years you would be writing about them. 

They were at state the last 3 years of class B and then went to Class A with good teams that averaged 4th place in the WDA.  Now they are back and beat Killdeer, Linton, Center-Stanton in one week.  Yes they did lose to Hazen(twice), Trinity, and WC..... thats not too bad if you look at the big picture.  also... guess where districts are this year..... Beulah.  The bad thing is that regionals are at Trinity.  Tough place to win!

Now I'm definately not saying that Beulah is going to win...... but I think the teams that are ready to play are the one that are going to be at state.  And I really don't think that any of the top 6 teams in this region would rule all of the other regions.... whichever team is prepared will be the team that wins.
Yeah Beulah has been playing good ball lately, but I don't agree with people saying that region 7 is so dominant and thats where all the talent is. There's a lot of good teams this year. I haven't really seen any team stick out, which should make for an exciting off-season in every region.

Good point!  Anyone thinking any other way just has no idea!  The bad thing is... sometimes the best team doesn't even make it to state!!!  So I agree with you completely! 

We should start another blog...... "Best team not to make it to state"  and we could start it with the late '80's and early '90's  Glen Ullin teams........ Undefeated and ranked #1 and loosing out in the regions..... early if I remember right.
Bearsfan

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:28 am

Nobody said that Region 7 is the most dominant in a one game scenario.  We are saying that from top to bottom, Region 7 is the deepest in the state.  They have 4 of the top 10 teams in ND and then have a good Bowman team, Richardton, South Heart is good, and Mott-Regent as well. 

Look it up, against other regions, Region 7 has by far the better record.  They win way more than they lose against other regions.
xcolt90

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 am

How about the Hettinger team that started 6-8, 6-8, 6-7 and had two 6-4's off the bench that lost one game all year in the early 1990's.  They lost the region championship to Standing Rock, the Rock won it all that year. 
xcolt90

Postby Bearsfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:41 am

xcolt90 wrote:Nobody said that Region 7 is the most dominant in a one game scenario.  We are saying that from top to bottom, Region 7 is the deepest in the state.  They have 4 of the top 10 teams in ND and then have a good Bowman team, Richardton, South Heart is good, and Mott-Regent as well. 

Look it up, against other regions, Region 7 has by far the better record.  They win way more than they lose against other regions.

I really don't need to look it up....... I have been saying that everytime the polls come out.  Its a tough area and they beat up on each other. 
Bearsfan

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:50 am

[user=507]xcolt90[/user] wrote:
Nobody said that Region 7 is the most dominant in a one game scenario.  We are saying that from top to bottom, Region 7 is the deepest in the state.  They have 4 of the top 10 teams in ND and then have a good Bowman team, Richardton, South Heart is good, and Mott-Regent as well. 

I really don't need to look it up....... I have been saying that everytime the polls come out.  Its a tough area and they beat up on each other. 

I wasn't talking to you Bearsfan, I was replying to Pacod's post above.  Region 7 is by far the most dominant region and back that up with 2 of the last 3 state championships.
xcolt90

Postby SWND_FAN » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Im going to have to agree with ping pong here pacod...Region 7 has put some amazing teams into the state playoffs the last few year from DT, and almost all of the other teams in the region have been amazing as well, giveing trinity a run for their money every year...I am not sticking up for trinity by any means, but reg 7 is good   i have not seen many games from the east side of the state this year, and im sure they have some very good teams, but region 7 is deep, and as a whole could give any other region a scare
"You Gonna Eat That Stapler?"
-Peter Griffin
SWND_FAN
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm

i think region 7 may have the most teams capable of winning the region than any other region.  there are what, 5 teams or so that could come out the region and represent but i dont think those teams are above the other elite teams from other regions
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm

SWND_FAN wrote:Im going to have to agree with ping pong here pacod...Region 7 has put some amazing teams into the state playoffs the last few year from DT, and almost all of the other teams in the region have been amazing as well, giveing trinity a run for their money every year...I am not sticking up for trinity by any means, but reg 7 is good   i have not seen many games from the east side of the state this year, and im sure they have some very good teams, but region 7 is deep, and as a whole could give any other region a scare

Well i'm sure somone from region 7 would think so. Vice Versa for region 4. My whole point was DT being scared to go class A. With the numbers of kids in the area they could easily move up, but they choose to cap their enrollment and stay class B. Tell me why that is?
pacod

Postby mat326 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 pm

pacod wrote:Well i'm sure somone from region 7 would think so. Vice Versa for region 4. My whole point was DT being scared to go class A. With the numbers of kids in the area they could easily move up, but they choose to cap their enrollment and stay class B. Tell me why that is?

I'm not from Dickinson and don't like Trinity but I am going to argue against your bs.  Trinity has an enrollment of about 150.  You move up to A at a lot higher number. If they were going to limit enrollment wouldn't they limit a lot closer to the limit?
mat326
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 pm

pacod, think about it...Trinity's enrollment is dropping as fast as the other schools in the area.  We have around 165 kids in grades nine through twelve so why would we think of competing with the schools that have eight hundred or more?  If we were capping our enrollment (which is the opposite of recruiting which we are also blamed of doing)...would we cap it 160 students below the class "A" limit?  It makes no sense and is a very, very weak argument... In two to three years we'll  more then likely be below 150, so if there is a three class system guess what...Trinity will be class "B".
Last edited by scruffy on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:08 pm

do they cap their enrollment around 160 or does it cost alot of money to go there so not everyone can afford it.  i know at shiloh it costs quite a bit a year.  i dont have a clue but im just asking. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDdominator » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:23 pm

It costs considerably less to go to trinity than shiloh if DT played 4 winds I think DT would win by 10-15
NDdominator

Postby scruffy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:30 pm

We certainly don't have a cap.  What we're dealing with is the declining number  of young kids in our community.  A study five years ago showed Dickinson losing  900 to 1000 school age kids in ten years.   That affects both Trinity and the Dickinson Public schools.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm

NDdominator wrote:It costs considerably less to go to trinity than shiloh if DT played 4 winds I think DT would win by 10-15

haha ur dreaming
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:07 pm

This is for all you people who are doubting bowman this year....

Bowman came to compete against trinity tonight. They started out with the lead 7-0 early in the first. They were up 25-20 at half. They were taking trinity out of everything they tried to run. They knocked down open shots. But their inexperience got the best of them as trinity pulled away late, the titans ended up winning like 43-51, not sure on the final. But yeah, Bowman will be a team to compete come tourney time.
Last edited by project-pat on Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby cardinal10 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:57 am

sodadrinker wrote:
NDdominator wrote:It costs considerably less to go to trinity than shiloh if DT played 4 winds I think DT would win by 10-15

haha ur dreaming

Well, I guess we could see this because the first game of the state tourney is Region 4 (Fourwinds) vs. Region 7 (Trinity)
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:59 am

ScaTMaN wrote:
pacod wrote:Well i'm sure somone from region 7 would think so. Vice Versa for region 4. My whole point was DT being scared to go class A. With the numbers of kids in the area they could easily move up, but they choose to cap their enrollment and stay class B. Tell me why that is?

you have got to be kidding me. why is everyone finding excuses for trinity winning? they are split between arguing that they recruit and now they are starting to pull the "they cap their enrollment" card. im sure you know a lot about trinity's enrollment way over there in region 4 huh pacod?

yes I do!!! Thank you!
pacod

Postby crazy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:43 am

pacod wrote:
ScaTMaN wrote:

you have got to be kidding me. why is everyone finding excuses for trinity winning? they are split between arguing that they recruit and now they are starting to pull the "they cap their enrollment" card. im sure you know a lot about trinity's enrollment way over there in region 4 huh pacod?

yes I do!!! Thank you!
pacod can i ask you why your care about who comes out of region 7. First of all trinity doesnt cap their enrollment. They would love to have more kids come to their school.  if FW is soo good maybe you should just worry about region 4 then, and not coming here and ragging on a succesfull hard working team.  
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 am

crazy wrote:
pacod wrote:
ScaTMaN wrote:

yes I do!!! Thank you!
pacod can i ask you why your care about who comes out of region 7. First of all trinity doesnt cap their enrollment. They would love to have more kids come to their school.  if FW is soo good maybe you should just worry about region 4 then, and not coming here and ragging on a succesfull hard working team.  

HAHA.....you guys are REALLY  funny. Your all the same. stick up for each other and stuff, how cute is that. My point was, if you would read my previous posts, was that I don't think that region 7 is the so called top notch region. Also, you guys might want to take you own advice when your talking about ragging on hard working teams. Its seems everytime someone is in FWs favor you guys start ragging on them.
Last edited by pacod on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacod

Postby lambboy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:54 am

hey four winds guy, remember last year at the state tourney when trinity waxed "the best team in the state" (four winds) up and down the floor haha, just thought i would bring that up cuz it brings a big smile to my face
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:57 am

lambboy wrote:hey four winds guy, remember last year at the state tourney when trinity waxed "the best team in the state" (four winds) up and down the floor haha, just thought i would bring that up cuz it brings a big smile to my face

Hey dickinson trinity guy, remeber this year FW is ranked 4th and 16-1. Just brings a smile to my face when I look at FWs record and standings compared to dude Trinity. HAHA nice try, quit living in the past buddy, its 2007.
pacod

Postby lambboy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:58 am

i was really impressed with robbie morey last night, for how big he is he is extremely quick and can handle the ball and shoot very good. he is a pretty agressive player to
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:16 am

pacod wrote:
crazy wrote:
pacod wrote:
ScaTMaN wrote:

yes I do!!! Thank you!

HAHA.....you guys are REALLY  funny. Your all the same. stick up for each other and stuff, how cute is that. My point was, if you would read my previous posts, was that I don't think that region 7 is the so called top notch region. Also, you guys might want to take you own advice when your talking about ragging on hard working teams. Its seems everytime someone is in FWs favor you guys start ragging on them.

Your point was not that region 7 is not the top notch region. you singled out trinity and said that the only reason they are good is because they are scared to go to class a. that is what i was talking about when i said ragging on a hard working team.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:37 am

haha Lambboy is not a dix trinity guy, he's just a FW hater like most in the state. And it's pretty good to have 5 teams in region 7 recieving votes for the top 10 in the state. Does that happen in region 4...NO. It's amazing to have all those championship caliber teams crammed into one region.

Lambboy, morrey is very tough for a freshman. He is really big too, but i think if he would use that size of his, he would be even better.
project-pat

Postby lambboy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:43 am

ya that was my bad, i am supposed to just get on my knees and praise the four winds fans, i forgot. and ya by no means am i a trinity guy haha, but look at the region they are in compared to four winds, region 4 aint bad but it isnt as good as region 7. and im not living in the past i just thought it was hilarious cuz last year was the year of "four winds", o wait this year is theres to haha
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys