Four Winds vs. Leeds-Minn.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 am

You coming back to the good ol' rez for the game IA?
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:49 am

I am there dude, but Nativegolfer said it was at the Sports Center!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 am

tony is too good. if he has a good game 4 winds will take it but if not leeds can easily pull it off
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 am

Indians Alumni wrote:I am there dude, but Nativegolfer said it was at the Sports Center!

i heard it was moved to dl too becuz there will be so many people there.  its the last game of the regular season for both teams i believe and im sure the other teams in the region will be watching
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:53 am

True, I havn't seen FWs play a solid game yet. Do you think they'll be ready by then? If they keep making the little mistakes on offense and keep getting lost on defense, it'll be LM all night.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:57 am

i think the difference is that 4 winds really doesnt have a weak spot in their top 6 of their roster and outside of LM's top 4 u dont really know what to expect on a given night
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:58 am

Agreed
pacod

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
cdub1 wrote:ia is there a reason u have to argue about absolutely everything you can?

Tell me what I should do then, sit back and be passive, sorry that may be your nature, but someone says something about FW or has a valid arguement, you bet  I am going there!

not argue about absolutely everything cuz it gets old i will argue when i think it is worth it but u keep goin and goin

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rabbits » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:26 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:I would like to see the game in Minnewaukan. The last time that place was packed in tight was in '01 when Shey-Minn played #1 Cando. That place was standing room only, if you could even get into the doors. Great atmosphere, Shey-Minn almost pulled the upset. Im sure DL will be packed also.

Man, that place was horrible to play in, I am sure that they hated playing there, Tile floors, huge crowds make you feel klosterphobic there. 

A Neutral site wouldn't benifit either team.  It is a little closer for FW, but Leeds always brought a good crowd.  The Sports Center is going to be rocking!

Playing the game in DL is obviously gonna benefit FW because it's more floor for FW to do their run N' gun offense.  Then again if they play like they did the other night against Harvey, it could be anybody's game.  It should be a good matchup.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
rabbits
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fightingsioux20 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:52 am

I really wanna see the Ironheart vs Darling matchup
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:59 am

Best game of the year. It comes down to whos ready by the end of the season.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:27 pm

well if he is hurt this year he wasnt wearing a knee brace when i seen him play and he was still a better player than most people i have seen in the state
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fightingsioux20 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:10 pm

He is a really great athlete
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:48 am

I see Darling went off for 31 against Langdon last night.  I guess the knee isn't too bad.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 am

Sorry all, I was out of town for the weekend?  I hear that Four Winds put up a "W" even when IH was off! 

I think this game has to billed as the top game in the region.  I am sure the whole night is going to be electric.  There is nothing like the feel of a big game in class B! 

Cdub, I don't argue with everything, just things I disagree with!  So if you are asking me to be quiet, you're barking up the wrong tree, Dawg!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:10 am

cardinal10 wrote:I see Darling went off for 31 against Langdon last night.  I guess the knee isn't too bad.

and langdon isn't that good
thesports_guy32

Postby indiandrumhopper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 am

i think minn. leeds is over rated
indiandrumhopper

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:22 am

Why? Because Four Winds is ranked behind them? Why are they over rated? Have you seen them play this year?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:15 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Why? Because Four Winds is ranked behind them? Why are they over rated? Have you seen them play this year?

I don't understand why they are ranked ahead of FW.  In a previous topic, earlier in the season it was stated that some teams are ranked according to what they did the previous year and the respect they earned.  If we ant to go to into the fine details we can such as schedule, etc.  I just think Fw has earned some measure of respect and isn't being shown it.  And no I don't think they should be NUMBER 1!  ust think I am asking a legit question. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:18 am

if u ask me there is no difference between being ranked 2 and being ranked 10 becuz there usually isnt that much of a difference in what the teams have done but if a team was picked high at the beginning of the year its hard to drop them down below the other teams if they do what was expected of them.  there can only be one #1 team in the state but it doesnt mean they are the best team, but if they dont slip up then why shouldnt they get to stay at the top.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:13 am

nativegolfer wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:Why? Because Four Winds is ranked behind them? Why are they over rated? Have you seen them play this year?

I don't understand why they are ranked ahead of FW.  In a previous topic, earlier in the season it was stated that some teams are ranked according to what they did the previous year and the respect they earned.  If we ant to go to into the fine details we can such as schedule, etc.  I just think Fw has earned some measure of respect and isn't being shown it.  And no I don't think they should be NUMBER 1!  ust think I am asking a legit question. 

Because they were projected to be good this year, I dont think they have dissapointed. They lost the second game of the season by 4 pts a night after they beat Parshall. Some teams are ranked according to what they did the previous year, some teams are also ranked according to the previous year AND what they have returning. LM returned 4 starters and their top 6 or 7 guys, they finished 3rd in the Region last year. Who gives a rats about rankings, Im so sick of reading about it every week. Why this, why them, what have they done this year, no respect, look at their schedule......its all really annoying. Tourney time is almost hear, let the kids play.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby indiandrumhopper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:48 am

I pick four winds by 5 or 10 pts.
indiandrumhopper

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:53 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Because they were projected to be good this year, I dont think they have dissapointed. They lost the second game of the season by 4 pts a night after they beat Parshall. Some teams are ranked according to what they did the previous year, some teams are also ranked according to the previous year AND what they have returning. LM returned 4 starters and their top 6 or 7 guys, they finished 3rd in the Region last year. Who gives a rats about rankings, Im so sick of reading about it every week. Why this, why them, what have they done this year, no respect, look at their schedule......its all really annoying. Tourney time is almost hear, let the kids play.

I am sick too!  I am sick of the reasons why they are ranked so high?  3rd in the region, FW was 3rd in the state.  Returning starters doesn't mean that much, they are returning starters on a third place team! 

I am predicting 8 - 10 pts!  Four Winds
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:57 am

Indians Alumni wrote:I am sick too!  I am sick of the reasons why they are ranked so high?  3rd in the region, FW was 3rd in the state.  Returning starters doesn't mean that much, they are returning starters on a third place team! 

I am predicting 8 - 10 pts!  Four Winds

They lost 4 starters last year. The media, the state doesnt look at JV stats. When a team loses 4 starters what can people from around the state who DONT get to see them play actually expect them to bring to the table? If your sick of why they are ranked so high, what are the reasons they dont deserve to be up there?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:09 am

First thing that comes to mind is W - L records.  Margin of victory, All Stater on the team, Do you need me to keep going?

I don't think L-M can slow down the pace of the game, Carlson has tried.   I don't think he will do it this year!  So they have a nice surprise coming on the 17th!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys