2021 Class B Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2021 Class B Poll

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:07 am

It’s kindred/Enderlin in the final…neither NC, CC or OG will have the height to contend.

The TOs that bother me most in Enderlin watched games are the dribble into lane with head down by guards without any of the big guys touching the ball on a possession…happened 3 or 4 times vs Morris.

I do not think they could have won all 3 of their losses…too lackadaisical on both sides of the ball. Actually 7-3 is exactly what they should be right now.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am

I think the polls are about correct. yes i think that teams out West are over rated. I love Powers Lake but if they played in Region 1 or 2 they would be 500 team at best.

Also every team has its weakness...... Enderlin can get run out of a gym because they do not have enough bench to get their boys the rest they need. Big gym..... Big Problems for them.

4 Winds.... No depth for them. If you can hold them down in the first couple of quarters then they can get beat. They play great D but they will wear out. They get into foul trouble with a couple players... they will get beat.

Kindred.... if they have a team that can score on them... Kindred will get beat... Right now they are have the best defense in the state but if a team can score 60 on them.... Kindred is in trouble.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:25 pm

In my opinion, Ellendale is rated a bit high. I know they are undefeated, but their schedule hasn't been that difficult - yet. Region 3, especially District 6 is down this year. Realistically it is a two team race between Ellendale and LaMoure.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Flip wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.

They're going to have to beat three teams better than Beulah to make it to state?

In Region 1 , Usually
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:53 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
Flip wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.

They're going to have to beat three teams better than Beulah to make it to state?

In Region 1 , Usually

So you are telling me that there are usually at least 7 teams better than Beulah in Region 1?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:24 pm

The Schwab wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:
Flip wrote:

In Region 1 , Usually

So you are telling me that there are usually at least 7 teams better than Beulah in Region 1?

heck no...there are two...maybe 3 (Kindred, Enderlin...Central Cass).

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:40 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:
Flip wrote:

In Region 1 , Usually

heck no...there are two...maybe 3 (Kindred, Enderlin...Central Cass).

I would agree with that being possible this year. Beulah is a little bit down this year.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:51 pm

I did say usually
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:I did say usually

So you are saying that there are usually at least 7 teams in region 1 that are better than Beulah?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:50 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
classB4ever wrote:
lennylive wrote:
Flip wrote:Enderlin has lost to the #1 team in ND and two teams that would be #1 if they were in ND.

Did you watch that last game?..or the other 2 games they lost...
Lost to 4winds by 3...22 turnovers..couldve won it by 10
Lost to Byron.. by 16...21 turnovers..shouldve won that game 5+
Lost to Morris by 10... I counted 17 turnovers..there was probably more... they shouldve won that game by 10 or more, not taking away from Morris, but I didnt see anything great about that team except the big kid...
and it was about as bad of a game I have seen the Eagles play. Thankfully none of these losses have affect on Regional standing. I sure hope they get all those kind of games out of their system prior to Post season play.

It seems to me that turnovers have been a problem for them for quite some time. IMHO, perhaps some credit should be given to the teams that make them turn the ball over.

WalkingStick wrote:I believe Flip was making a case for Enderlin to stay where they are at and the competition that they’ve lost to; I only stated they’d drop because I know how much many of the voters like to ‘dog’ Enderlin.

I don’t have my blinders on for the Eagles like a few others here…I just know that Enderlin is good and these games will prepare them for the long run; props to Coach Kraft scheduling them.

Yes, turnovers have hurt them or possessions where Joe doesn’t touch it once…but you learn from these games and move on towards the bigger goal

Honestly believe that everyone is hoping that Enderlin can make it to the state tourney (except other R1 teams :D). A chance to showcase their talent on the big stage so all ND can watch them. It's been a long road for them. With that said, there have been many on here and on other media outlets that make excuses for them. These kids have been playing together for quite some time and they are now going into the homestretch of their high school careers. Shouldn't be talking about the same things that have held them back other years and should be in the rearview mirror. One needs to wonder if the problems being brought up are fixable at this point. Just being honest and not dogging anybody.

Best of luck to all teams down the homestretch and stay healthy.

Loge dominated the Eagles in Morris and I see he made the Mr. Basketball watch list in MN. Congrats!

The Eagles won't make it out of Region 1, sorry if you disagree but it is what it is. It's the joys of playing on the East side of ND.

#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.
#2 Lazy D! Watch the Morris game, don't think I've ever seen so many backdoors in a single game.
#3 Can't handle a press.
#4 Massive amounts of turnovers. I agree, good teams cause turnovers but Enderlin turns it over against bad teams.
#5 Lack of a bench. Some of the items above might be due to this, so maybe we should cut them a little slack. But thanks to all the hot air on here, I'm not about to do that.
#6 I'll reserve my comments on how certain individuals conduct themselves on the court, but obviously they aren't worried about winning the game.

That's enough, could of left it with #1. It's the same team we've seen for the past few years facing it's weakest competition yet and I don't see where they have improved.

Glad someone else says what I think..and what I see... If they think they are going to make state they better stop making foolish turnovers(averaging 13 per game) figure out how to get through a press, hustle back on D and maybe get a few offensive rebounds over teams they have a huge advantage over...been saying this for the season. They give us a wee bit of hope..and then turn around and play like they did against Morris.Crying to the refs isnt gonna change their mind. thats the coaches job.
I truly hope they make it to state, but as of lately they struggle to much to put 3 dominating games in a row. I have no doubt Kindred will be there for the championship... We will see if the Eagles can make it.
They have LLM, OG, NC and kindred coming up...Im hoping for a better looking team .
Last edited by lennylive on Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:00 pm

The Schwab wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:I did say usually

So you are saying that there are usually at least 7 teams in region 1 that are better than Beulah?

Once again...No! (and I've always been a Region 1 fan)

Usually there are 3 quality Region 1 teams...maybe 4; Region 7 usually comes down to 2 teams but this year they have 3 quality (DT & Beulah have just struggled out of the gate...Bowman is solid).

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Piranha » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm

The Schwab wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:
Flip wrote:

In Region 1 , Usually

There probably aren't usually 7 teams better then Beulah each year in region 1, but this year it might take beating 3 teams that are at the same level as Beulah to be the champ in region 1.
Piranha
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:19 am

lennylive wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

Loge dominated the Eagles in Morris and I see he made the Mr. Basketball watch list in MN. Congrats!

The Eagles won't make it out of Region 1, sorry if you disagree but it is what it is. It's the joys of playing on the East side of ND.

#1 They can't put together one big victory during the regular season, so we KNOW they won't put together the 3 in a row that are needed to reach the State B.
#2 Lazy D! Watch the Morris game, don't think I've ever seen so many backdoors in a single game.
#3 Can't handle a press.
#4 Massive amounts of turnovers. I agree, good teams cause turnovers but Enderlin turns it over against bad teams.
#5 Lack of a bench. Some of the items above might be due to this, so maybe we should cut them a little slack. But thanks to all the hot air on here, I'm not about to do that.
#6 I'll reserve my comments on how certain individuals conduct themselves on the court, but obviously they aren't worried about winning the game.

That's enough, could of left it with #1. It's the same team we've seen for the past few years facing it's weakest competition yet and I don't see where they have improved.

Glad someone else says what I think..and what I see... If they think they are going to make state they better stop making foolish turnovers(averaging 13 per game) figure out how to get through a press, hustle back on D and maybe get a few offensive rebounds over teams they have a huge advantage over...been saying this for the season. They give us a wee bit of hope..and then turn around and play like they did against Morris.Crying to the refs isnt gonna change their mind. thats the coaches job.
I truly hope they make it to state, but as of lately they struggle to much to put 3 dominating games in a row. I have no doubt Kindred will be there for the championship... We will see if the Eagles can make it.
They have LLM, OG, NC and kindred coming up...Im hoping for a better looking team .

For your sake, and for not wanting to see a repeat of last season, I also wouldn't mind seeing Enderlin go to state. The one thing I definitely don't want to see if they make it though is the jawing. It's sad, all that talent, and such a lack of drive.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 pm

Anybody at the last Thompson vs. H-CV game? Was bit surprised by score.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 pm

HCV has had a real struggle scoring as of late.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 pm

So back to the polls.

1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 7-0 160
2. Kindred 7-1 135
3. North Border 7-0 132
4. Enderlin 7-3 96
5. Ellendale 7-0 95
6. Central Cass 8-0 78
7. Powers Lake 8-0 60
8. Flasher 10-1 47
9. Thompson 6-2 24
10. Bowman County 8-1 17
Others Receiving Votes: Hazen (6-2), LaMoure/Litchville-Marion (4-1), Hillsboro/Central Valley (4-4), North Star (8-1), Dunseith (5-3), Shiloh Christian (6-2), Standing Rock (6-1), Surrey (8-1).
Note: First-place votes in parenthesis

Surprised at Central Cass and how well they are playing. .... The top 4 I think are correct. Thompson has also surprised me by quite a bit. Bowman County.... I don't know much about except they had a really good football team. Flasher.... don't know anything about them but 10 and 1is not bad.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Key matchups for the weekend East side of the state
Thompson Vs North Border should be a good game tonight... I will go with Thompson

tomorrow
LLM vs Ellendale...I will go LLM
Enderlin vs Northern Cass...I will go Enderlin

Saturday
Grovers vs 4WM...I will go 4WM
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:25 pm

Very impressive win by Thompson tonight..I See them as the team to beat in R2
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby BelfieldBantams » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:12 pm

If Oak Grove gave up 86 to Richland tonight, I'd hate to see what 4Ws is going to put on them. 130??
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 am

BelfieldBantams wrote:If Oak Grove gave up 86 to Richland tonight, I'd hate to see what 4Ws is going to put on them. 130??

Richland came out firing and you could tell OG wasn’t interested in play any D tonight. Most road teams enjoy coming to OG’s gym…shooting percentages skyrocket.

OG put up 37 points in 3rd quarter (had a shot at 40!).

FWM will roll OG on Saturday…my guess will be 90-55 (OG struggles shooting away from home).

Unless the 3s are dropping…OG will struggle this year. Kindred & Enderlin could get games to 30+ IMO

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:40 am

lennylive wrote:Very impressive win by Thompson tonight..I See them as the team to beat in R2

I thought Thompson was a year away but they are a strong contender in R2 and across the state
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 am

Well... Thompson is on a roll. HCV and now North Border.... by alot.
Kindred travels to Thompson on Tuesday.... Thompson is scoring but can Kindred Defense slow them down? Kindred is having problems scoring... Offense is struggling to find a flow. Ball sticks right now. BUT their Defense is tops in the state and they have some kids out with being sick.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:50 am

It's too bad the NB vs. Thompson game isn't watchable anymore. Every once in awhile YouTube streams get SME copyright violations for music being played in the background. Looks like that is what happened there. I thought if the audio was muted like it does on NFHS it would be okay. Can't expect schools to not play music during sporting events, this will just get worse for schools not using NFHS which must have it built in to mute any audio if music is being play. Hopefully there is a way to mute those things after the fact and get the video put back up.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 am

I watched NB play Richland, they are an average team!!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:17 am

I wish there was a site where there would be good old fashioned box scores from all over the state. And, a site to see how Kid A compares to Kid B from a statistic standpoint. If there is such a site where you have the Region statistics from across the state or if there is a coach on here that has that info, please provide a link for us casual fans. Thx.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys