Good Sophmores?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Good Sophmores?

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

baller01 wrote:This is my point of view. Randall is hands down best sophomore in the state. He is also one of the ten best players in the state.

Now about his scoring. He can score anywhere on the court, post, mid-range, and behind the arc. However, he plays on a team that lacks scoring talent. He needs to go out and score 30+ a game for them to have a chance to win. If he played on a team with more scoring talent, his scoring would obviously not be as high.

another thing about his scoring is the efficiency in which he does it, never a bad, shot and will always shoot a very high percentage. anybody can score 30 a team when you the only one to score, but the part that sets him apart is that he never forces and all of his shots are good looks in the flow of the offense.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Iron Scope » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 pm

baseball wrote:
nadal11 wrote:Randall is a great player, but the reason for some of those high scoring games is that his coach doesn't take him out of the game when the team is up by 20 or more points. I dont know why, but to me I wouldn't want to risk any kind of injury to my best player in a blowout game...

ive mentioned that many times. I personally dont have anything against Olsen, but he doenst have the greatest coaching ability, and there are many things during a game he doesnt see. but taking out your best player in a blowout is something everyone knows pretty much. only time i usually see that is when a players dad is the coach and he plays til the end while the rest of the starters sit.

He doesn't seem like a not so great coach to me. The thing i have noticed with his teams is that Olsen gets his players to realize their roles, and that the best player should be shooting the majority of the shots.
Iron Scope

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 pm

I think Oliver Dauphinais is at least in the top five category when concerning the best class b sophmores in the state. He is probably THEE most explosive and athletic sophmore in the state. The 5'11 guard averages about 16ppg and 8rpg, with a high of 34 pts. this season.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Iron Scope wrote:
baseball wrote:
nadal11 wrote:Randall is a great player, but the reason for some of those high scoring games is that his coach doesn't take him out of the game when the team is up by 20 or more points. I dont know why, but to me I wouldn't want to risk any kind of injury to my best player in a blowout game...

ive mentioned that many times. I personally dont have anything against Olsen, but he doenst have the greatest coaching ability, and there are many things during a game he doesnt see. but taking out your best player in a blowout is something everyone knows pretty much. only time i usually see that is when a players dad is the coach and he plays til the end while the rest of the starters sit.

He doesn't seem like a not so great coach to me. The thing i have noticed with his teams is that Olsen gets his players to realize their roles, and that the best player should be shooting the majority of the shots.

thats true, he does have some good qualities. but late in games when a coach is needed...he can get out coached. he watches more of his players to make sure they are in the right spot instead of being part of the game, understand the flow, the momentum, and sometimes the situation and who has the hot hand. he knows basketball, but he has to think aobut it for a few minutes to get the right answer. hes not the best in a timeout situation where he has to draw up a play in 30 or 60 seconds. he will more times then not go to his best player late in the game...which is never a bad idea....but in doing that he sometimes takes the hot hand out of the game. say Randall shoots 4-15 or so from the field for the game and Stroh is 7-9 or some scenrio. he will draw a play for a struglling Randall because he is the best player, instead of running the play for the hot hand.

again he konws basketball well, its just the spur of the moment and mid-game adjustments that he needs to work on
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:I think Oliver Dauphinais is at least in the top five category when concerning the best class b sophmores in the state. He is probably THEE most explosive and athletic sophmore in the state. The 5'11 guard averages about 16ppg and 8rpg, with a high of 34 pts. this season.

In that game where he had 34 against Lakota he also had 18 rebounds and at one point in the 4th he scored 16 points in a row. The kid is an awesome raw talent who is still learning the game. Also, he just gets stronger as the game goes on. His best performances this season have been in the 4th quarter.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:I think Oliver Dauphinais is at least in the top five category when concerning the best class b sophmores in the state. He is probably THEE most explosive and athletic sophmore in the state. The 5'11 guard averages about 16ppg and 8rpg, with a high of 34 pts. this season.

id like to see this kid play. if he can top Randall in athleticism and explosiveness hes gotta be a special player.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:40 am

baseball wrote:

id like to see this kid play. if he can top Randall in athleticism and explosiveness hes gotta be a special player.

Ive seen both play an Randall is by far the better player but Ollie does crash boards hard an just runs with it he can't shoot that good but Works really hard which pays off for him but Randall is by far a better player!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NC_408 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:01 am

I just wanna say this right now. Whoever said that Knudson from Kulm is just as good as Adam Randal and better than Tucker Bartlett and Kyle Heinze obviously knows nothing. I watched him play and he threw the ball away a lot and he had like 4 points. He didnt play good defense at all. That kid is not even close to Randal, Bartlett, or Heinze. He dont even compare to that Bauman kid from BCN who comes off the bench.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:40 am

yeah , i'm sure considering that Bauman kid averages .8 ppg, 3 total points on the year....
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:42 am

Brock Boos is a FREAK! 63% from 3 point land...24 of 38...the kid is an absolute animal on the court
project-pat

Postby 151 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:20 pm

I would have to put Morrey, Boos, and Kromarek in their as some of the best sophomores.

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 am

151 wrote:I would have to put Morrey, Boos, and Kromarek in their as some of the best sophomores.

I agree...but KROMAREK????? I can tell where you go to school, kromarek isn't even close to being the best on his team, so how could he be one of the best in the state? What kind of stats is he putting up?
project-pat

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 am

NC_408 wrote:I just wanna say this right now. Whoever said that Knudson from Kulm is just as good as Adam Randal and better than Tucker Bartlett and Kyle Heinze obviously knows nothing. I watched him play and he threw the ball away a lot and he had like 4 points. He didnt play good defense at all. That kid is not even close to Randal, Bartlett, or Heinze. He dont even compare to that Bauman kid from BCN who comes off the bench.

your right about randall, knudson isnt as good, randall is an excellent player, probly top 10 of all players in the state, and a smart player. I still think knudson is better than bartlett and hienze. Watching them 2 play, bartlett shoots alot, and shoots dumb shots, Hienze can make it if he is open but cant dribble to save his life. I personally dont see what people see in these 2 they are way overrated.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:27 am

poweraidman wrote:
NC_408 wrote:I just wanna say this right now. Whoever said that Knudson from Kulm is just as good as Adam Randal and better than Tucker Bartlett and Kyle Heinze obviously knows nothing. I watched him play and he threw the ball away a lot and he had like 4 points. He didnt play good defense at all. That kid is not even close to Randal, Bartlett, or Heinze. He dont even compare to that Bauman kid from BCN who comes off the bench.

your right about randall, knudson isnt as good, randall is an excellent player, probly top 10 of all players in the state, and a smart player. I still think knudson is better than bartlett and hienze. Watching them 2 play, bartlett shoots alot, and shoots dumb shots, Hienze can make it if he is open but cant dribble to save his life. I personally dont see what people see in these 2 they are way overrated.

i personally dont see what you see in knudson
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fansedge » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:52 am

hoopsstar2391 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

Bartlett, Heinze and Knutson aren't even close to being in the same category as Randall. Randall is the real deal. He is definitely a team player.
fansedge

Postby 151 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 am

Kromarek may be one of the best in the district, but he soesn;t have the numbers to be considered the best in the state. He does show potential though.

Postby poweraidman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:26 pm

fansedge wrote:
hoopsstar2391 wrote:
poweraidman wrote:

Bartlett, Heinze and Knutson aren't even close to being in the same category as Randall. Randall is the real deal. He is definitely a team player.

we never said they were better, i said randall was good and probly top 10 best player in the state. I wasnt comparing randall to any of those other 3, i was comparing knudson to hienze and bartlett. NOT RANDALL. I fully agree that randall is the best sophmore, i am really impressed with his abilities, and smart team play.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NC_408 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:34 pm

ok, so Knudson is better than Bartlett and Heinze? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Its so dumb that I dont even want to talk about it anymore. Saying that is like saying Lindgren is better than Dufault, its CRAZY
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby fansedge » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 pm

NC_408 wrote:ok, so Knudson is better than Bartlett and Heinze? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Its so dumb that I dont even want to talk about it anymore. Saying that is like saying Lindgren is better than Dufault, its CRAZY

Knutson, Bartlett, Heinze are all about even - average players.
fansedge

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:42 pm

fansedge wrote:
NC_408 wrote:ok, so Knudson is better than Bartlett and Heinze? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Its so dumb that I dont even want to talk about it anymore. Saying that is like saying Lindgren is better than Dufault, its CRAZY

Knutson, Bartlett, Heinze are all about even - average players.

I have to agree with that.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby KBFAN33 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Finley is Pretty good, hes at 22.6 ppg
KBFAN33
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Check the stats
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNCfan2010 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 pm

For anyone who says Alex Knudson is the top sophomore in the district i dont see what you are seeing. He isnt even in the top 5 i believe.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball_raindrops » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Grant singer is a beast down low for TL
bball_raindrops

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm

by the way..if anyone reads this..Jeff Baumann from BCN had 10-12 points off the bench against PBK..pretty fair...hes improved a lot..scored more than a couple starters
ndsportsfan24

PreviousNext

Return to Boys