Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:57 pm

forloveofthegame wrote:I don't think it will be a Bishop Ryan vs. Dunseith match up in Region championship either. Last year, Ryan took 2nd in their district, Dunseith 1st. If[b] both teams take first in their district, and win their first game of regionals, they will play eachother 2nd round of regionals[/b]. So, it's going to be either Ryan or Dunseith in the championship, but probably not both.

If both teams take first in their districts they can't play until the Championship..The bracketing is

District 12 # 1 vs District 11 # 4
District 12 # 3 vs District 11 # 2

District 11 # 1 vs District 12 # 4
District 11 # 3 vs. District 12 # 2
Flyer

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:59 pm

forloveofthegame wrote:I don't think it will be a Bishop Ryan vs. Dunseith match up in Region championship either. Last year, Ryan took 2nd in their district, Dunseith 1st. If both teams take first in their district, and win their first game of regionals, they will play eachother 2nd round of regionals. So, it's going to be either Ryan or Dunseith in the championship, but probably not both.

No last year Dunseith was the #2 seed and Westhope was the #1 seed from district 11. If both Dunseith and Minot Ryan win their district, they wouldn't see eachother until the championship.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Flyer wrote:
forloveofthegame wrote:I don't think it will be a Bishop Ryan vs. Dunseith match up in Region championship either. Last year, Ryan took 2nd in their district, Dunseith 1st If both teams take first in their district, and win their first game of regionals, they will play eachother 2nd round of regionals[/b][/b]. So, it's going to be either Ryan or Dunseith in the championship, but probably not both.

If both teams take first in their districts they can't play until the Championship..The bracketing is

District 12 # 1 vs District 11 # 4
District 12 # 3 vs District 11 # 2

District 11 # 1 vs District 12 # 4
District 11 # 3 vs. District 12 # 2
Last edited by kobe4mvp on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobe4mvp

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am

This is for sure the match-ups for both Districts.
DISTRICT 11:
#1 Dunseith - vs. #8 Sawyer
#4 Bottineau vs. #5 Velva
#2 Rugby vs. # 7 Westhope-Newburg
#3 TGU vs. #6 Drake-Anamoose

District 12:
#1 Minot Ryan - vs. #8 Our Redeemer's
#4 Glenburn vs. # 5 Berthold
# 2 Kenmare vs. # 7 DLB
#3 MLS vs. # 6 Surrey

Predictions? Little surprised that Berthold was that low of a seed - but I could see an upset in the 2nd round maybe. Glenburn is no slouch either - they probably have the best player in the region that nobody talks about in Seth Wisthoff - I believe he averages 22 pts and 17 rebounds a game. Without him - They don't win a game all year. With that being said - I still think Berthold - Ryan will happen - and it should be a dandy.
Dist. 11 - I could see 3 upsets in the first round - Don't think it will happen - but it wouldn't surprise me. Sawyer just doesn't match-up with Dunseith - but the other three could be close.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby bomberfan13 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:11 am

berthold is actually 4 and glenburn 5
bomberfan13

Postby BB11 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 am

bomberfan13 wrote:berthold is actually 4 and glenburn 5

I thought Glenburn beat Berthold in the regular season. I'm not 100% sure and obviously you would know better than I if you are a fan or player of the Bombers. What was their district records? Are the rest of my match-ups correct?
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby mags » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 am

you are right with everything except berthold 4 and glenburn 5 and yes glenburn won in the regular season
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:15 am

mags wrote:you are right with everything except berthold 4 and glenburn 5 and yes glenburn won in the regular season

Ok thanks - I thought that was the case - they obviously didn't end up with the same district record then - that's what I had thought before - that's why I had Glenburn 4 and Berthold 5. Oh well - thanks for the correction - I guess it really doesn't make too much of a difference either way. Should be a good tournament though.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby sports for life » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:57 pm

i think it will be a dunseith vs minot ryan championship game again but ryan is still going to beat them....... it was a fluke when dunseith beat them in the regular season and plus ryan is playing really good right now
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm

so region 6 topic has been kinda slow lately but to get it going what about DLB making some noise in the distric tournament and getting past kenmare? out of all the lower seeds (5-8) them being #7 i think they r the best thoughts?
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:36 pm

mags wrote:so region 6 topic has been kinda slow lately but to get it going what about DLB making some noise in the distric tournament and getting past kenmare? out of all the lower seeds (5-8) them being #7 i think they r the best thoughts?

I would have to agree that out of the bottom spots they have the potential to be the biggest sleeper. I don't think they will get past Kenmare - but I could see them making the Region tournament especially if the big kids keep playing like they have the last few games and the guards can hit some shots. They are a scary team right now - I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Kenmare - I just don't think they are as athletic enough to keep up with Kenmare.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby number33 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 am

sports for life wrote:i think it will be a dunseith vs minot ryan championship game again but ryan is still going to beat them....... it was a fluke when dunseith beat them in the regular season and plus ryan is playing really good right now

I also think it will be a ryan-dunseith championship game but everyone is saying ryan is gonna come on top but i think different because dunseith has been doing really good this year and has the best record dunseith's had in a long time (16-3) but yeah i think it will be a good game because these are two teams that are both on winning streaks...i think dunseith has won 14 straight , and ryan has won 17 ...so it'll be a tough game if they do face eachother because i also think that berthold can come up with that dist as the number 1 seed because it was a close game between them and ryan earlier this season...but yeah good luck to all the teams!
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatest » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:38 am

dlb beat kenmare in an upset - i was preaty shocked but the dlb boys played a very solid game , as did kenmare but dlb just hit the shots down the stretch
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 pm

The dlb vs kenmare game is what I would like to call the "Doug Wagner" factor. It always seems that he has his team ready to go come tourney time. Im also looking forward to the rematch of BR and Berthold should be another exciting night of basketball
Bill Cartwright

Postby defensewins » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:02 pm

I wouldn't exactly call the DLB win an upset. Just cause they were seeded 7 doesnt mean that they are really that bad. I think DLB is playing some of the best basketball in their district and possibly around the area ? They seem to have started clicking a little bit lately. I also think Kenmare could just as well have been the 7th seed instead of DLB ? Top to bottom district 12 is pretty balanced.
defensewins
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hoops247 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Monday's games

District 11
Region Play-in Games
Rugby vs. Velva
Drake-Anamoose vs. Bottineau

Championship
Dunseith vs. TGU

District 12
Region Play-in Games
DLB vs. Glenburn
Kenmare vs. Berthold

Championship
Minot Ryan vs. MLS
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:41 pm

for those who werent there the semi final game between dlb and mls was an awesome game!. went into overtime
in overtime dlb down 3 with 15 sec left dillon wickem hits a one handed 3 pointed to tie it up then at the other end mls tony smith i beleive is his name scores a game winning fade away in the lane at the buzzer, awesome just awesome
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoops247 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:54 pm

District 11
Drake-Anamoose over Bottineau
Rugby over Velva

Championship
Dunseith over TGU

District 12
Glenburn over DLB
Berthold over Kenmare

Championship
Minot Ryan over MLS

Region 6 Tourament
3:00 - MLS vs. Rugby
4:30 - Dunseith vs. Glenburn
6:15 - Minot Ryan vs. Drake-Anamoose
7:45 - TGU vs. Berthold
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby #28 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:30 pm

tgu against berthold who wins? i think tgu wins bcuz it seem to me that berthold only comes to play when they play minot ryan
NDPreps Starter

Postby forloveofthegame » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:05 pm

The TGU and Berthold match up should be very interesting as well as the game that follows. Should Minot Ryan beat Drake-Anamoose (which they should) they will either meet up with TGU or Berthold. Would you rather play a team you have beat twice, know their game and what it takes to stop them? But still realizing that beating a team that solid three times in a season is extremely difficult. Or would you rather meet up with a team that has many similiarities in height and speed, but that you have not gotten to play yet? I would love to see a Ryan and Dunseith Championship Game, but Ryan has a tough second game to win first.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PostPoster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:44 pm

If I were Ryan, I think I would prefer to meet up with TGU (if they handle D-A). I think they have seen as much as they want to from Berthold this year. What #28 said seems true, I think Berthold's crowd was more excited when a foul was called on a Ryan player in the 1st quarter than they were at any point during the Kenmare game to get to regionals.

It will be tough, but I think Ryan can win 3 more to make the state tourney. They've been finding ways to win all year. One concern they should have is they seem to come out flat to start most games lately. I can't seem to figure out their starting lineup. One of their starters seems to play the first 3-4 minutes and then not much for the rest of the game. Politics? I don't know what goes on in practice or behind the scenes, but he does not seem to be one of the top five players on the team at game time and I can't figure out his role. I understand that it helps to have a couple energy guys on the bench to be a spark when you need it, so maybe that's Medalen's logic. But, I think you need your best players on the court as much as possible at tourney time.

I'll make a prediction. If Ryan loses at regionals, it will be a close game where they gave up an early lead.
PostPoster

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:17 pm

PostPoster wrote:If I were Ryan, I think I would prefer to meet up with TGU (if they handle D-A). I think they have seen as much as they want to from Berthold this year. What #28 said seems true, I think Berthold's crowd was more excited when a foul was called on a Ryan player in the 1st quarter than they were at any point during the Kenmare game to get to regionals.

It will be tough, but I think Ryan can win 3 more to make the state tourney. They've been finding ways to win all year. One concern they should have is they seem to come out flat to start most games lately. I can't seem to figure out their starting lineup. One of their starters seems to play the first 3-4 minutes and then not much for the rest of the game. Politics? I don't know what goes on in practice or behind the scenes, but he does not seem to be one of the top five players on the team at game time and I can't figure out his role. I understand that it helps to have a couple energy guys on the bench to be a spark when you need it, so maybe that's Medalen's logic. But, I think you need your best players on the court as much as possible at tourney time.

I'll make a prediction. If Ryan loses at regionals, it will be a close game where they gave up an early lead.

Wow. Well said.
I agree that Ryan probably doesn't want to see Berthold again. It can be very difficult to beat a good team three times in one season. A Dunseith/Ryan matchup for the title would be a great game, but Ryan needs to get past Berthold first. It will come down to who wants it more.

Your point about minot Ryan coming out flat lately is a good one. Their game really seems to get going once they sub in towards the end of first quarters. I also am perturbed about one of their starters. I am assuming we are both thinking of the same one. (a guard?) Seems like he starts and then sits most of the game. Strange, but they keep winning so there must be some reason for it. I can think of more than 2 kids on the team that are more impressive all around players than him. Like I said, STRANGE, yet somehow they still pull off the win. Let's hope they can keep it up in the Regional tournament.
ndsportsfan00

Postby #28 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm

very well said but how about dunseith they should easily get past glenburn but then they will probbly have mls who was already beat them could it happen again
NDPreps Starter

Postby forloveofthegame » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:38 pm

I thought I was the only one who noticed that! Does Medalon think this is a good strategy? To have two of your best players come in around five minutes into the game? I don't get it. The game truly starts when both Kruger and Bartch get in. You can not deny their intensity.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:45 pm

SOme players just play better coming off the bench, I don;t know the makeup of the team, but he must have his reasons. Politics............in HS athletics........ no way :lol:
hp fan

PreviousNext

Return to Boys