Region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5

Postby bluedevils_4 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:47 pm

as i earlier predicted the #7 team made noise in the tournament knocking off the potential region champ standing rock. people doubted the power of the cardinals speed attack but they proved speed kills. this however is great news for tl-m fans as it gives them and easier road to the finals. congrats to washburn thanks for making me look good and not eat my words..

side note tl-m easily handled grant county...however it was a block party fot grant county and tl-m was invited..
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:36 pm

ok...somebody explain to me the possbility that the region champ could be a team with 6 or 7 wins....is washburn for real????????? Is this region loaded with teams that aren't very good????? Shiloh, TLM, New Salem all have winning records...yet one from this other district has what 5 wins now?????? Back in the day a team with 4 or 5 wins going into districts never got out...due to only taking 2 teams.....yet I really can't call washburn a poor team since they have two wins over the remaining 3 teams and almost beat the 4th team..????? Somebody clarify this for me before I go insane...... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
bigpoppakdog

Postby hp fan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:39 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:ok...somebody explain to me the possbility that the region champ could be a team with 6 or 7 wins....is washburn for real????????? Is this region loaded with teams that aren't very good????? Shiloh, TLM, New Salem all have winning records...yet one from this other district has what 5 wins now?????? Back in the day a team with 4 or 5 wins going into districts never got out...due to only taking 2 teams.....yet I really can't call washburn a poor team since they have two wins over the remaining 3 teams and almost beat the 4th team..????? Somebody clarify this for me before I go insane...... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Easy now, don't stress yourself out. Just relax and wait another 24 hours. If they beat TLM.......then we need to worry about how region 5 will be represented. Lets just see if TLM can take care of business!!
hp fan

Postby bluedevils_4 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:50 pm

lets think about this....the rock has no adam kuntz. washburn is a very young team with thier leader being only a fresman.... it has taken them awhile to get their stuff together but are finally playing very good ball....but lets face the reality we all know how standing rock is,, one night they are untouchable, then the next night most jv teams beat them. washburn got lucky they were down but scrapped back and got the rock scrambling.

turtle lake will have no problems with washburn expect a 30 point beatdown. tl-m tried thier SLOW DOWN game which is pure stupidity. i expect a uptempo game with malzer putting on another show. be prepared to see tl-m and shiloh in the ship.
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:20 am

I predict New Salem will beat shiloh...they are 1 and 1 this year...with shilohs win coming at shiloh with new salem playing without their head coach....the only way shiloh will win is if they make double digit 3 pointers like they did the last meeting....new salem matches up very well with shiloh.....
bigpoppakdog

Postby steel33 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:32 am

Tlm by 20-30 over Washburn..mark it down...They will pressure Washburn from the opening tip

As far as the other game goes it doesn't really matter....either team will get beat in the championship by 15-20. This region is just avg at best this year. Plus TLM is one of the best teams in the state..
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oneshot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:54 am

bluedevils_4 wrote:lets think about this....the rock has no adam kuntz. washburn is a very young team with thier leader being only a fresman.... it has taken them awhile to get their stuff together but are finally playing very good ball....but lets face the reality we all know how standing rock is,, one night they are untouchable, then the next night most jv teams beat them. washburn got lucky they were down but scrapped back and got the rock scrambling.

turtle lake will have no problems with washburn expect a 30 point beatdown. tl-m tried thier SLOW DOWN game which is pure stupidity. i expect a uptempo game with malzer putting on another show. be prepared to see tl-m and shiloh in the ship.
ya...scored 80 by slowing it down.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel33 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 am

ONeshot..he was talking about the last time Washburn and TLM played...it was a 56-52 game..

Won't happen again this time..TLM will be pressuring Washburn from the opening tip...
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oneshot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:35 am

my bad...but regardless, i don't think tl-m was TRYING to slow it down in the district semi's, they just had a terrible shooting nite.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:52 am

TLM was too quick for Grant CO. TLM made 3's GC made an occasional basket the press killed the Grant CO. boys. Washburn and TLM should be good the Cards are for real. 9 player control fouls that is crazy. I would think 1/2 would be legit.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm

New Salem over Shiloh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigpoppakdog

Postby ndbfan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:37 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:New Salem over Shiloh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a score on this one?
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby porter_55 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 am

I think 52-44 but i'm not 100%
porter_55

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:38 am

tl-m over washburn in what was really an ugly game for tl-m.. the final score had tl-m up by 30 but if you the first and second halves were two completely different games.. first half washburn dominated tl-m second half tl-m got thier act together and got it done.

i am gonna throw out my prediction for the ship tl-m over new salem by 83-51
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:39 am

oh my lord...you what you guys smoking? There is no way Turtle Lake will score that many points....New Salem is as solid defensively as anybody that TLM has played. New Salem has size and now more than ever, they are playing loose..they have NO PRESSURE like TLM....New Salem is a very dangerous team after they got that first win.....if new salem has any gas left in the tank this will be an outstanding game. With TLM fast paced tempo and New Salem having a short rotation that could be problems. But right now the adrenaline is pumping so much that I believe TLM should be concerned.
bigpoppakdog

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:52 am

TL-M by 15.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:51 pm

There's no need to call out a coach on this site. If you have an issue with him take it up with your athletic director, administration, or school board. Don't come on here and rip on him.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 pm

All I can say is "wow!" Region finals and I see this post....all I can say is this. Since I was in hs some 18 years ago, it was a known fact that turtle lake has been known to "run out" their coaches. So it doesn't look like the apple falls too far from the tree. Turtle lake had great teams in fb and other sports for the past 20 years, yet found a way to "get rid" of every coach they had. I have nothing to do with TLM just telling you what the "word" was concerning TLM and their treatment of their coaches(back in the 80's even). I agree, not a place to post..and I shouldn't comment on this, but felt that it should be known that other communities had heard how TLM treated their coaches.

they have left on thier own. and thier still hasn't been one worth keeping around. its always somebody who will do it not one that lives for ball.. but enough of that back to region 5

tl-m will easily handle wilto two many mathup problems. i have no idea who will check malzer i didn't not see a player with the defensive abillity to do so. not many are able to anyways. i am going to assume that new salem will play zone against tl-m beings that was thier primary defense against shiloh, and i would think you would approach tl-m the same beings they are the same type of team. new salem has to hope they tl-m has a poor shooting night..
Last edited by bluedevils_4 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:00 pm

TL-M by 20 plus. Too much speed, too much Malzer, too much Nelson, too much Singer.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby oneshot » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 pm

agreed bigpop...usetowearajock obviously has some personal issue from the past with the TL-M coach, and instead of confronting him face to face, is hiding behind a computer...what a terrible example to set for a group of kids heading into the region finals.

On a positive note...looking forward to a great game between the Holsteins and the Trojans!
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Is there any truth to the number that U of Mary only holds like 400 people? How early do you think people will have to get there to get a seat? A few years ago we went and had to stand in the balcony on a chair, but at least they didn't make us pay. I guess they are more concerned about fire codes now. Anyone know how many seats they have? Should be a packed house...no doubt a good game.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:16 pm

they have left on thier own. and thier still hasn't been one worth keeping around. its always somebody who will do it not one that lives for ball.. but enough of that back to region 5

Blue Devils... I would love to hear what you mean by this? Am I right in assuming you think it is okay for parents and/or communities to "decide who is worth keeping around?" And the part where that coach/person should "Live for ball" Can't that person have a life? Those are pretty strong words to just go "back to region 5"
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Good luck to the Trojans and Holsteins tomorrow night! Whoever wins will represent Region 5 well at the state tournament I hope!

Also, good luck to the Cardinals and Skyhawks in the third place game.
twinsfan34

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:42 pm

9manmom,
you need to read my post and think before you respond like that. i said thier hasn't been any worth keepin around i didn't say parents decided who stayed and who didn't. it was my opinion, sorry i didn't draw a clearer picture for you. all the coaching changes have been made by the school. high school sports is about having fun and learning to compete. when a coach makes practice miserable or yells at the kids all the time(not pointing fingers just making an example) should the coach stay around. should the kids beforced to play ball like its thier job.

when i stated they should live for ball i was stating that they should have a passion for the sport and for teaching it. all to often you get somebody in thier at small school who will just do it cuz nobody else will.

hope that clears up your "confusion"
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:54 pm

*From the Moderator*

There will be no more discussion about coaches in this topic. If this continues it will be locked and you may be on a few weeks vacation from this site or deleted permanently.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys