Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby SuperBad » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 am

I would agree that over all the talent in the region is down from last year, but some teams have gotten better such as Berhold, and MLS. Berthold has a tough match-up tonight with Bishop Ryan, I think this game will prove wether they belong in regionals or not.
SuperBad

Postby BB11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:55 pm

SuperBad wrote:I would agree that over all the talent in the region is down from last year, but some teams have gotten better such as Berhold, and MLS. Berthold has a tough match-up tonight with Bishop Ryan, I think this game will prove wether they belong in regionals or not.

Agreed - Lots of good interregion games tonight
Ryan at Berthold
Bottineau at TGU
Velva at Dunseith
MLS at Glenburn
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby #28 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:54 pm

wow bishop ryan got berthold 62-56 in 2 ot great game and yale fouled out in the 4 quater
Last edited by #28 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:59 pm

is the fact that one of berthold's main players fouled out the reason berthold lost? or was it just a good back and forth game and the better team came out on top?
kobe4mvp

Postby #28 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:13 pm

thats probblly not the reason why berthold lost and bishop ryan played horrible but made big shots and good D when they needed it
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:48 pm

what was bad about their performance? i noticed vetter and backes still put up their average... and it wasn't too high scoring of a game beings as it went into 2 ot.. so how did they play a bad game... i'm not arguing or picking sides i just didn't get a chance to watch the game myself and wanted to know how it went....
kobe4mvp

Postby magic715 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:22 pm

kobe4mvp wrote:what was bad about their performance? i noticed vetter and backes still put up their average... and it wasn't too high scoring of a game beings as it went into 2 ot.. so how did they play a bad game... i'm not arguing or picking sides i just didn't get a chance to watch the game myself and wanted to know how it went....

Well i also dont know so much that it was a bad performance overall, Berthold had some tough luck in the first quarter and Ryan pretty much for the first half, i would say it was Backes' worst (1st) half i have seen him ever play. (24-17 at halftime , berthold lead). Ryan came out second half and went to Vetter, and he did well, then Backes who couldnt hit any outside shots, went to work inside a bit and did some damage. But in my opinion the biggest factor was Bloms(who is a stud) who was hot as could be from the second qtr on. Hand in face shots, pretty unstoppable. But i do think the home court helped berthold alot, didnt necessarily hurt Ryan , but helped berthold, i think berthold is a different team away from home, more than most teams, again just my opinion and observations. Berthold will be tough and is tough , and really look forward to seeing them and Mohall next yr battle it out in districts, and also Velva looks really tough for next yr too in the region.
magic715

Postby #28 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:47 pm

very true but ryan did miss some very easy shots and was missing alot of open looks which they usally make
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:12 pm

I listened to BR Berthold game on the radio, and I think Berthold lost the game themselves, and can probably be blamed on there inexpierenced. Missing free throws at the end of the game. Yeah I do agree with Ryan missing alot of shots but that can maybe be credited to good defense? This game just proved that Berthold will make a run at the end of the season and they deserve to make regionals.
Bill Cartwright

Postby kobe4mvp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 pm

good post bill... that's kind of what i been hearing too... just goes to show how wide open not only district 12 but the whole region is... no one is guaranteed a spot at regionals during tournament time unless you bring your A game. wouldn't be suprised to see a few "big" upsets come tournament time
kobe4mvp

Postby #28 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 pm

idk how u can say the district is wide open i think br has the district won but the region is wide open
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:22 pm

#28 wrote:idk how u can say the district is wide open i think br has the district won but the region is wide open

yah sence they just won a district game in 2-ot's,.........nooo prob's
anit couz

Postby BB11 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:35 am

Looking like Dunseith and Ryan are the top two bananas right now with Kenmare, TGU, and a whole mess of other teams in the mix. Should shape up to be a great Region tournament. Any predictions?
I'm guessing one of the top two will be upset and it won't be a Dunseith - Ryan rematch. That's as far as I'll go with a prediction.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bill Cartwright » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:33 am

Well, I BR has district 12 pretty much sealed up for the #1 seed. I think that if Berthold finishes strong they will come out #2. I guessing kenmare and maybe Mohall will be the 3 or 4. I honestly cant see to many upsets in this district tourney. I see these four teams with maybe DLB and Glenburn making some noise, get into the region. I am not saying that these for teams will come out in this order, I just think this is who it will be. I would like to see a Berthold- BR rematch in the district title. Both teams seem to be coming on strong and someone mention before that Berthold is different away from home, but I think they also play very well in the Minot Aud. It will be fun to see the action unfold.
Bill Cartwright

Postby magic715 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:47 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:Well, I BR has district 12 pretty much sealed up for the #1 seed. I think that if Berthold finishes strong they will come out #2. I guessing kenmare and maybe Mohall will be the 3 or 4. I honestly cant see to many upsets in this district tourney. I see these four teams with maybe DLB and Glenburn making some noise, get into the region. I am not saying that these for teams will come out in this order, I just think this is who it will be. I would like to see a Berthold- BR rematch in the district title. Both teams seem to be coming on strong and someone mention before that Berthold is different away from home, but I think they also play very well in the Minot Aud. It will be fun to see the action unfold.

First i want to say, Berthold is a very good team, but i dont know how u say they play well in the Aud, when they lost out in the first 2 games last yr , i think, at least i know they lost to the #8 seed, and then they played Mandaree , who was missing 3 or 4 starters, and didnt play well, but we will see. Again, i do think berthold is a very tough team.
magic715

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 am

I guess I am not for sure about Berthold and the aud. I guess I just always thought they put together a good team at the end of the year. I do think it will be harder for Berthold to shoot at the aud. because it really isnt a great place for shooters.Looked at the scores from around the region tonight and saw alot of blow outs. BR over Glenburn big, Berthold over dlb by 22, Mls over ORCs. Saw that Yale had 28 vs dlb. I thought dlb's strength was their posts, or is Yale just that good. Did any one see this game? I just hope we get to see a rematch of Ryan Berthold because didnt Yale foul out? I dont know if that really had an impact on the game, but he must be a tough player!
Bill Cartwright

Postby number33 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 am

BB11 wrote:Looking like Dunseith and Ryan are the top two bananas right now with Kenmare, TGU, and a whole mess of other teams in the mix. Should shape up to be a great Region tournament. Any predictions?
I'm guessing one of the top two will be upset and it won't be a Dunseith - Ryan rematch. That's as far as I'll go with a prediction.

I Don't think that it will be A Dunseith-Ryan Rematch Neither ......uhmm i think berthold and dunseith will be playing...uhmm that is just my prediction does anyone else think different?
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Big game in District 11 tonight - TGU vs. Rugby - decides the #2 and #3 spot in District 11. 2 will play Westhope-Newburg and 3 will play Drake-Anamoose - both teams gave both TGU and Rugby a game. Should be an interesting District.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:15 pm

BB11 wrote:Big game in District 11 tonight - TGU vs. Rugby - decides the #2 and #3 spot in District 11. 2 will play Westhope-Newburg and 3 will play Drake-Anamoose - both teams gave both TGU and Rugby a game. Should be an interesting District.

And in District 12 a big night also, Berthold can end up anywhere from 2 to 5, Mohall 2 to 4, Kenmare 2-5 , and glenburn 3-5 seeds. If berthold beats Mohall, they are second, Mohall likely 4th , cuz kenmare should beat glenburn, but if Mohall beats berthold and glenburn beats kenmare that would put glenburn at 3 as they would have a tie with berthold and kenmare, and wouldhave beaten them both. But berthold beats mohall and glenburn beats kenmare, then it will be a 3 way tie for 3rd, and each has beaten each other so that i assume would come down to point differential. So should be a fun night, also Our Redeemers plays Des Lacs-Burlington winner gets to avoid Ryan. I am sure Ryan would prefer to play Our Redeemers thou, cuz DL-B can give teams fits. Oh and if Kenmare and Mohall both win then it wwill be Kenmare 2, Mohall 3, Berthold 4, and glenburn 5.
magic715

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:15 am

If I'm right - and don't quote me on this - please correct me if I'm wrong - this should be the District 11 tournament match-ups. I haven't figured out District 12 yet. Somebody else can chime in with that one if they want.
#1 - Dunseith vs. #8 Sawyer - 3:00
# 4 Bottineau vs. #5 Velva - 4:30
# 2 Rugby vs. # 7 Westhope-Newburg 6:00
# 3 TGU vs. # 6 Drake-Anamoose - 7:30

With exception of the 1st game - the other 3 should be good contests - could be one or two upsets.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 am

BB11 wrote:If I'm right - and don't quote me on this - please correct me if I'm wrong - this should be the District 11 tournament match-ups. I haven't figured out District 12 yet. Somebody else can chime in with that one if they want.
#1 - Dunseith vs. #8 Sawyer - 3:00
# 4 Bottineau vs. #5 Velva - 4:30
# 2 Rugby vs. # 7 Westhope-Newburg 6:00
# 3 TGU vs. # 6 Drake-Anamoose - 7:30

With exception of the 1st game - the other 3 should be good contests - could be one or two upsets.

district 12
ryan vs Our Redeemers
Berthold vs Glenburn
Kenmare vs DL-B
Mohall vs Surrey

i am pretty sure that is how it should come out
Last edited by magic715 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby anit couz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:19 pm

good predictions! but i think your both wrong
anit couz

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 pm

anit couz wrote:good predictions! but i think your both wrong

These aren't predictions - this is how the district tournament will be set up. Unless we are wrong in our seedings - If we are - please enlighten us.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby MGUNVILLE » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 am

My prediction is Dunseith vs MOHALL. Just a thought.
MGUNVILLE

Postby forloveofthegame » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm

I don't think it will be a Bishop Ryan vs. Dunseith match up in Region championship either. Last year, Ryan took 2nd in their district, Dunseith 1st. If both teams take first in their district, and win their first game of regionals, they will play eachother 2nd round of regionals. So, it's going to be either Ryan or Dunseith in the championship, but probably not both.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys