Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 6

Postby Bill Cartwright » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:24 am

With the mohall loss and botno looking alright along with berthold, this just proves that the region is wide open. As for botno having some of the better guards, I agree but there are some quality guards in the region. Backes is solid, and I would have to say Hennessy and Bloms from berthold are probably the best guard duo in the region this year that I have saw
Bill Cartwright

Postby HS Ballers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:With the mohall loss and botno looking alright along with berthold, this just proves that the region is wide open. As for botno having some of the better guards, I agree but there are some quality guards in the region. Backes is solid, and I would have to say Hennessy and Bloms from berthold are probably the best guard duo in the region this year that I have saw

Botno got pumped by 30 by langdon
HS Ballers

Postby BB11 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:35 pm

I think this region is a lot more wide open than we originally thought. No team is unbeatable - although I would say the lead nod will go to Minot Ryan - they obviously were beaten by Dunseith - who was beaten by MLS - who was beaten by Velva - who beat Berthold and was beaten by TGU - who was beaten by Rugby. Bottineau darn near pulls upset off on Dunseith - Drake/Anamoose loses to Dunseith by 1 and D-A beat Bottineau and lost to Rugby.
Now having said all that - I don't think any of those put together mean anything in particular except for the fact that this is a wide open region right now. Anybody can beat anybody on any given night - and that is not just a saying in this region - it is actually true for almost all of the teams. Should be fun Dist. 11 and 12 tourneys and Region tournament.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Further thoughts on the rest of the crews.
DLB will get better - with Wagner as a coach - and will contend for spot in region.
Surrey has gotten a ton better since last year and are winning games.
Kenmare is always scary and have played everyone close.
Glenburn is starting to get themselves going now that they have more than one guy that wants to score.
Our Reedeemer has some young talent that might be able to get going as the season progresses.
Westhope-Newburg still has a pretty good defense - they just have to find a way to score.
And Sawyer has three pretty decent players who might be able to lead their team to a couple of surprise upsets.
Like I said - I might have stretched the optimism for a few of them - but this is still wide open.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:28 am

bishop ryan should easily win this region . the loss to dunseith was a complete upset and i wouldnt worry bout it . dlb hasent looked too good this year , as they got destroyed by parshall , who was easily handled by bishop . but a little later today bishop n dlb play and ryan should own they , and will .
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 pm

Ryan didnt beat dlb as bad as you thought, this just goes to say a couple things. 1. Doug Wagner is a great coach, 2. Minot Ryan is not above the competition like everyone is saying.
Bill Cartwright

Postby #28 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:48 pm

bill all you do is hate on bishop ryan
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:16 pm

bill - i dont c how u think anyone other than bishop ryan can win this region ? honestly , who do u think could beat them come march during regionals ?
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 pm

greatest-

At the beginning of the season I agreed with you on MInot Ryan taking the Region. After seeing them play their last two games, I am very doubtful. They have ALOT of stepping up to do. As soon as they come across a team with a solid offense that plays zone on them, they are toast.
I can't put my finger on what exactly they are lacking but it def is something. Don't feel any excitement when I watch them. Their coach really needs to step it up if he wants them to get past districts. I think he is taking a vacation this year. They are going to have to win without him.
ndsportsfan00

Postby #28 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:54 pm

greatest i agree with u and bishop ryan ALWAYS finds a way to win the big games
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:01 pm

#28 wrote:greatest i agree with u and bishop ryan ALWAYS finds a way to win the big games

true but not this year they anit as good as ppl expected, over rated, i think that minot has no roll players just there center and that one guard are the best players
anit couz

Postby greatest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:55 pm

anit couz wrote:
#28 wrote:greatest i agree with u and bishop ryan ALWAYS finds a way to win the big games

true but not this year they anit as good as ppl expected, over rated, i think that minot has no roll players just there center and that one guard are the best players

juss there center and that one guard huh - haha that was quite the post . ur talkin bout vetter and prolly backes , although eggl has really improved and stepped up his game this year . and really their whole team is role players that help the team win and not 3 all-state players like last year's state champs . but this topic is bout the region's best , not the state's best . we will c how good they really r when they r representing region 6 in fargo tho .
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 pm

greatest wrote:
anit couz wrote:

juss there center and that one guard huh - haha that was quite the post . ur talkin bout vetter and prolly backes , although eggl has really improved and stepped up his game this year . and really their whole team is role players that help the team win and not 3 all-state players like last year's state champs . but this topic is bout the region's best , not the state's best . we will c how good they really r when they r representing region 6 in fargo tho .

hopfully if they get outa there district...
anit couz

Postby greatest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:59 pm

how could they not ? with the closest competitors in dlb (beat handily) and kenmare (beat in fab 14) - id say they r definately a lock for getting out of districts , if not farther .....
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby anit couz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:14 pm

greatest wrote:

how could they not ? with the closest competitors in dlb (beat handily) and kenmare (beat in fab 14) - id say they r definately a lock for getting out of districts , if not farther .....

parshall is the only team minot beat that was pretty good, and i heard it was boring game cuz minot was scared to run, if they have all these good guards why not run? or atlease shoot the ball within 30 seconds of a poss.
anit couz

Postby defensewins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:38 pm

The object of the game is to win. Not to score 100 points or make the fans happy, no matter who you are playing the object is to win the game. Maybe Parshall should have played defense better instead of trying to score 100 points they too could have won the game !
defensewins
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:54 pm

anit couz wrote:
greatest wrote:

parshall is the only team minot beat that was pretty good, and i heard it was boring game cuz minot was scared to run, if they have all these good guards why not run? or atlease shoot the ball within 30 seconds of a poss.

c'mon now anit - u cant play a run and gun game against Parshall . and i still dont c how u think bishop wont make it out of districts.......very ignorant thing to post , imo .
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:50 pm

greatest wrote:
anit couz wrote:
greatest wrote:

c'mon now anit - u cant play a run and gun game against Parshall . and i still dont c how u think bishop wont make it out of districts.......very ignorant thing to post , imo .

Ryan does have the athletes to run, and i wouldnt mind seeing them do so a little more, but running is not always smart, usually smart teams win, and running teams, that just run to run dont, u have to look at your opponent, and what u want to learn from that game, this is basically a precursor to the postseason, some coaches are getting ready for the postseason, and some are playing all out now , and i dont think Ryan is playing all out. just my opinion, u will see more determination from Ryan as the season closes out, they dont treat the regular season like most, it is a getting ready process. Also most teams circle ryan on the calendar each yr, as the game they want to win most (there state championship game). So those teams step it up during the year when they play Ryan , and Ryan treats it like just another game, then when Ryan gets to the post season, they step it up a notch, while the other teams have already did there stepping up earlier. now with that said, i am not predicting that Ryan wins the region, just what i have noticed over the last few yrs that Medalen has been coach.
magic715

Postby Dragon32 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:23 pm

i see dunseith and ryan in the region 6 championship. with ryan getting the win but it will be closer than you think. score ryan-72 dunseith-70. i will give dunseith a 48% chance to win.
Dragon32

Postby magic715 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Dragon32 wrote:i see dunseith and ryan in the region 6 championship. with ryan getting the win but it will be closer than you think. score ryan-72 dunseith-70. i will give dunseith a 48% chance to win.

I think if these 2 teams meet again , if it is in the 70's Dunseith will win, 50's or low 60's then i think Ryan has a better shot at winning, IMO.
magic715

Postby kobe4mvp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:17 am

Big District 11 matchup coming this Thursday.. Bottineau travels to Towner to take on the Titans... any thoughts on this game?
kobe4mvp

Postby number33 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:55 am

greatest wrote:bill - i dont c how u think anyone other than bishop ryan can win this region ? honestly , who do u think could beat them come march during regionals ?

Well first of all that aint even a question(greatest) and second of all why do you keep on bragging up BR when u know it wasnt an upset when the Dunseith Dragons Beat the by almost ten i believe ....so.....who do u think has a chance to beat the ??????? The team that beat them before would be my guess Dunseith i'm guessing has a chance if they already beat them they can do it again.. :wink:
number33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mags » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:58 pm

no no he said who would beat them during regionals... by the way it was a 6 point win which you could say by almost 10 but to me 6 is closer to 5. and again he said in regionals he doesnt see them losing now i dont want to take sides here but dunseith beat ryan AT RYAN last year in the 2nd game of the year and then when regionals came ....he is talking about regionals when -regionals- came ryan won
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 pm

Is it just me - or has the talent level in this region gone down considerably since last year?
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby dunseithdragon06 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 am

it's not just you, i think the talent has really dropped since last season, especially district 11, velva lost 3 or 4 of the starters, westhope lost 4 starters, dunseith lost 2 starters and most of their bench, bottineau lost their only two all-district players, rugby lost a few good players, dl-b lost some talent, kenmare lost their best two playes, and our redeemers lost some starters.
dunseithdragon06
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys